Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Evac Dek, leave everyone else to the wolves.

Please don't leave them to harassed by Blawrf.

That's cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
I'm wondering if my "I remember running the syndicate pipe" bitter-vet rear end should re-sub, because it is the end-times and I want to be there to man the walls... Or if this is just the regular whining/gently caress ups that happens at the start of every war & gently caress getting involved with eve again.

Fozzy sov looks poo poo. I can't believe we renamed to Imperium.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GaussianCopula posted:

Nothing a good shove down the stairs won't solve.

pushing will protect you

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Desiderata posted:

I'm wondering if my "I remember running the syndicate pipe" bitter-vet rear end should re-sub, because it is the end-times and I want to be there to man the walls... Or if this is just the regular whining/gently caress ups that happens at the start of every war & gently caress getting involved with eve again.

Fozzy sov looks poo poo. I can't believe we renamed to Imperium.

It's lookin grim as gently caress ATM, if you ain't got poo poo in Deklein you can wait to resub or w/e but it doesn't look like we're gonna keep much of what we have.

Cyroth
Sep 23, 2002

Nietzschean posted:

pushing will protect you

That doesn't sound right.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyroth posted:

That doesn't sound right.

then you are malfunctioning

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The original sov system with tower timers and constellation capitals sounds like a better idea than this fozzie sov poo poo. At least with the original system it took an alliance worth of effort to take space in a big war. Man it was sooo dramatic during Delve War II counting down the days when the stations we captured would finally switch to Sov 3 allowing us to put up cyno jammers and effectively secure the system. It felt like such an accomplishment afterwards because BoB and AAA would be attacking with massive fleets to try and take the system back before it was too late while we held on for dear life fighting them off. I know it was a grind but slowly moving through Delve, capturing systems and defending them in huge set piece battles while we waited for Sov 3 and then moving on to the next one made for one hell of a prolonged and satisfying war.

It felt to me that a lot of this was lost with the switch to Domi sov. Wars switched 180 degrees from you first having to win battle after battle in a series of contested systems before eventually breaking and defeating an alliance to first breaking the alliance and then just gobbling up all of the space at once since it wasn't worth trying to defend it anymore. Wars used to involve the conquest of space as the method of winning rather then just the end result after you've already won.

And now Fozzie Sov seems even more arbitrary and meaningless than that.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 8, 2016

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Eonwe posted:

I'm the person that registered in something awful dot com to post in the EVE thread
I'm the one that registered in something awful dot com to post in the SC thread (not even kidding). Hello friend.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

froody guy posted:

I'm the one that registered in something awful dot com to post in the SC thread (not even kidding). Hello friend.

SC is bad , so I've heard.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

It also looks like I finally decided to freeze the account (again) when a goddamn hellwar is happening. How's it going? Are we not losing fast enough?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

But waving magic space wands is way more fun than actually shooting things!

Except they're bringing back structure grinding with the Citadels anyway, but they have a hard cap on how much damage they can take per second or something? Or can you also wave magic space wands at Citadels instead of blowing them up?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

froody guy posted:

It also looks like I finally decided to freeze the account (again) when a goddamn hellwar is happening. How's it going? Are we not losing fast enough?

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

It's lookin grim as gently caress ATM

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Rhymenoserous posted:

We all learn somewhere, keep at it.

I was modestly less poo poo tonight, I think

Dalael posted:

FA did well during the original grinding of Fountain in 2010 or 2011 I think. Performed well when grinding down fade. Had good numbers for MittaniGrad and did their fair share when re-taking fountain from TEST. After that, it went downhill hard.

Are you thinking of coming back Legionnaire?

You mean L3G10NN41R3

I tried at one point or other to see if he was unblacklistable since nobody could remember why he was blacklisted in the first place and didn't get anywhere

cravius posted:

I read it and thought, that it was a good post

:same:

:sigh:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I was modestly less poo poo tonight, I think

You mean L3G10NN41R3

I tried at one point or other to see if he was unblacklistable since nobody could remember why he was blacklisted in the first place and didn't get anywhere

:same:

:sigh:

Yeah I didn't quite remember how he wrote his character's name.
I don't know the exact reason of his black list, but I remember him as being involved in the alliance. I'd often see him in fleets, I think he FCed a few of them and he was generally liked by most people who played with him.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
What would be the best way to turn EVE accounts into money? Asking for a friend.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GaussianCopula posted:

What would be the best way to turn EVE accounts into money? Asking for a friend.

Rather than risk your friend and whoever they RMT with losing everything if/when CCP find out, you could just give your stuff to a :shobon: newbie at random and call it a day.

I nominate myself.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalael posted:

Performed well when grinding down fade.

Saying you 'performed well' grinding out the smallest region in the game isn't really saying a whole lot.

Fade is the New Hampshire of New Eden.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xolve posted:

Saying you 'performed well' grinding out the smallest region in the game isn't really saying a whole lot.

Fade is the New Hampshire of New Eden.

:ssh: Let me have my delusions about how great FA was. :ssh:

E: Here, enjoy a video of FA/Razor's Great Wildland attempted deployment. So much rear end kicking happened during this deployment and we were on the receiving end of it all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxD7qpiYdB8

Dalael fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 8, 2016

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

So I resubbed and learnt a couple things today.

1. Eve is amazing in 4k graphics. You can't read poo poo but it's breathtakingly beautiful and polished.

2. Docking games don't work anymore apparently. I lost a devoter on the Saranan undock because apparently there is now a ship that can bump/warp you off station. :froggonk:

3. There are legions of 20 - 40 something year old men that live with their cat/mother calling for our blood.

GaussianCopula posted:

You shred your hard drive into straw and spin it into gold.

Cyroth
Sep 23, 2002

Are these the command destroyers? Can they warp people off who aren't in fleet? I take it caps don't play undock games anymore.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Cyroth posted:

Are these the command destroyers? Can they warp people off who aren't in fleet? I take it caps don't play undock games anymore.

Command destroyers can warp off people who are not in the same fleet. But they can't warp capitals.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Kirs posted:

Command destroyers can warp off people who are not in the same fleet. But they can't warp capitals.

I've been winning this stupid game for over a whole year.

Why did CCP make a ship that can warp people that aren't in your fleet? :psyduck:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hommando posted:

Why did CCP make a ship that can warp people that aren't in your fleet? :psyduck:

"C'mon! It'll be fun!" -A CCP Dev somewhere.

And incidentally, it is.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Hommando posted:

Just think of how you can warp off hostile logi fleet out of range and kill dps. That'll be a suicide mission for command destroyers but who cares. Or how you warp off dps from logi fleet. Or how you split fleets in two separate parts (M-O Mach fleet).

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

There will also soon be a doomsday that will relocate sub caps in given area in space. Hand of God it's called I believe.

Kirs fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 8, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hommando posted:

To stop assholes playing stupid station games. Its used not just to jump people not in your fleet. Any ship not affected by a scram (except capital ships with a jump drive on them) within a 6km radius gets caught in the jump. Its really good at dealing with station hugging/gate hugging players.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Kirs posted:

Just think of how you can warp off hostile logi fleet out of range and kill dps. That'll be a suicide mission for command destroyers but who cares. Or how you warp off dps from logi fleet. Or how you split fleets in two separate parts (M-O Mach fleet).

Can this be used in high-sec?

It sounds like it would be fun to warp AFK miners away from their rocks.

Cyroth
Sep 23, 2002

Hommando posted:

Sounds sort of like a reverse dictor, and seems like a really handy ship to have if a dumbarse FC warps into a drag bubble.
:iiam: but sounds like a helpful and arsehole ship rolled into one.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Neif posted:

3. There are legions of 20 - 40 something year old men that live with their cat/mother calling for our blood.
WTT mom for an extra cat :colbert:

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Hommando posted:

Can this be used in high-sec?

It sounds like it would be fun to warp AFK miners away from their rocks.

I doot know.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Micro jump field generators can't be activated in highsec. You can probably imagine what the Jita undock would be like if they could...

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The original sov system with tower timers and constellation capitals sounds like a better idea than this fozzie sov poo poo. At least with the original system it took an alliance worth of effort to take space in a big war. Man it was sooo dramatic during Delve War II counting down the days when the stations we captured would finally switch to Sov 3 allowing us to put up cyno jammers and effectively secure the system. It felt like such an accomplishment afterwards because BoB and AAA would be attacking with massive fleets to try and take the system back before it was too late while we held on for dear life fighting them off. I know it was a grind but slowly moving through Delve, capturing systems and defending them in huge set piece battles while we waited for Sov 3 and then moving on to the next one made for one hell of a prolonged and satisfying war.

It felt to me that a lot of this was lost with the switch to Domi sov. Wars switched 180 degrees from you first having to win battle after battle in a series of contested systems before eventually breaking and defeating an alliance to first breaking the alliance and then just gobbling up all of the space at once since it wasn't worth trying to defend it anymore. Wars used to involve the conquest of space as the method of winning rather then just the end result after you've already won.

And now Fozzie Sov seems even more arbitrary and meaningless than that.

Fozziesov rewards coordination and small gang (<50) FC skill.
Sorry you can't just heave bodies and press f1 anymore :ohdear:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
E-leeto Forum PPV

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

Rhymenoserous posted:

My post isn't getting enough attention rip me.

it was a great post well done

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think if I was actually to play this game, I would just mine and enjoy the prettiness of space.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

At the very least it will be fun for a lot of neo-Goons to experience hardship and rebuilding and not having to depend on the shittiest of Allies.

VideoGames posted:

I think if I was actually to play this game, I would just mine and enjoy the prettiness of space.

People here poo poo on mining but it's a sort of low brain requirement activity that's fun to do while watching a movie or something on a 2nd monitor.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

It's a legit beautiful game, and ice mining has some of the best graphics I've seen. That said, the pvp in this game is addicting.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

dragonstalking posted:

Fozziesov rewards coordination and small gang (<50) FC skill.
Sorry you can't just heave bodies and press f1 anymore :ohdear:

That must be why your side is bringing 3,000 people to fights. Because you don't need them :science:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
What puzzle me is that CFC have both inferior subcaps and supercap numbers.
For subcaps I can understand because all new eden has United.
For supers however... What is the point in having CSAA in every other systems if it's not to mass produce supers. And if supers were mass produced, where are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Krogort posted:

What puzzle me is that CFC have both inferior subcaps and supercap numbers.
For subcaps I can understand because all new eden has United.
For supers however... What is the point in having CSAA in every other systems if it's not to mass produce supers. And if supers were mass produced, where are they?

Yachts not cheap at all.

• Locked thread