Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Oh poo poo lmfao this thread is hosed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

it looks like someone ate a ps3 and poo poo out bloom everywhere

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Professor of Cats posted:

gently caress; it was that shock image or somethign with a monocle popping off a dudes face and both of them sucked, anyway - I think the octopath look kicks rear end. Like a lego diorama look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrJLsNo9sCU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Epic. Epic for the win

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

octopath looks like a SNES game but all crisp and shiny don't @ me

@Hodgepodge. How about no!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hizke posted:

Oh poo poo lmfao this thread is hosed now

thats right

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol that's a fuckin sick av

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i thought the "shock" screenshot was pretty funny tbh but it's funnier that all it takes is lyle posting "okay" to make the dude offer a mealy-mouthed apology like kazuma kiryu had just smashed a bicycle on him

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh, big tough guy, huh? think you own the fuckin' streets, rear end in a top hat? don't cut yourself on all that edge. *guy raises his eyebrow at me* i'm sorry dude. look, i didnt mean it. i just like the picture is all. different strokes. i'm going now.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i thought the "shock" screenshot was pretty funny tbh but it's funnier that all it takes is lyle posting "okay" to make the dude offer a mealy-mouthed apology like kazuma kiryu had just smashed a bicycle on him

fuuuuck. I'm getting elbow dropped through the ring right now

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Octopath just looks dissonant, like three different styles trying to work together

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
sorry you guys cant handle the power of unity

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol that's a fuckin sick av

lol yeah

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

this should be the header of the imp zone goldmine and the steve austin theme should autoplay.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hizke posted:

this should be the header of the imp zone goldmine and the steve austin theme should autoplay.

lol it rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

Lol gently caress yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Glass shattering noise whenever you click a thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

YOU JUST MADE A POST ON THE INTERNET!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Black August posted:

Octopath just looks dissonant, like three different styles trying to work together
like some kind of... triangle project

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

YOU JUST MADE A POST ON THE INTERNET!

hell yeah

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I know now why you dislike the Octopath style, but it's something I can never do. Goodbye.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Martman posted:

like some kind of... triangle project

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I know now why you dislike the Octopath style, but it's something I can never do. Goodbye.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

some streamers are playing ff7 intergrade already. i wish they would release it on ps4 since ps5 is still out of stock everywhere

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i wish i had a ps5

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Hizke posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenz posted:

some streamers are playing ff7 intergrade already. i wish they would release it on ps4 since ps5 is still out of stock everywhere

They fixed the door.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just grabbed the PS5 update and it looks real good at 60fps. Plus the load times are pretty much instant

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i'm like 3/4 of the way through ffx, and i think i ran from too many fights cuz this 3rd seymour fight seems impossible now lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
is that the one on the cliff cuz thats always tough and it drove people mad from the unskippable cutscene before it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that's a really tough one iirc, most bosses in FFX were harder than i remembered tbh

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

heehee posted:

i'm like 3/4 of the way through ffx, and i think i ran from too many fights cuz this 3rd seymour fight seems impossible now lol

if that's the one i'm thinking of, that and the big boss fight that follows it are probably the hardest two in the game but like.... it's final fantasy, there's ways to cheese them, lol. iirc both of them rely pretty heavily on situational counter attacks and status ailments, so prep for the latter and react the former.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the yuffie dlc is cool, shes a fun character to play as

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

that's a really tough one iirc, most bosses in FFX were harder than i remembered tbh

i remember cliffside seymour being hard the first time i played it, but yunalesca got me in every subsequent playthrough because in my hubris i thought none of the fights would be hard.

some of just the regular random encounters can easily wipe you in the omega dungeon if you aren't paying attention too.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ffx might be one of the best examples of the postgame content being where the game really takes off. you can kinda coast through a lot of it until just before the ending, then you start to try some the arena bosses and they seem almost impossible, until gradually your whole team becomes an unstoppable killing machine that casually farms the Harder Than the Ending Boss fights for parts and OHKOs all the final bosses.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the Seymour boss fight I always had the most trouble with was the inside Sin one

all that post-game stuff was cool too, except for one specific boss

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

the cliffside fight yea. i think i'll just have to grind for AP on the enemies right before the fight because i hosed up the sphere grid pretty bad not thinking about/knowing what i was doing for the first half.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

heehee posted:

the cliffside fight yea. i think i'll just have to grind for AP on the enemies right before the fight because i hosed up the sphere grid pretty bad not thinking about/knowing what i was doing for the first half.

yeah i grinded for AP before that fight too and equipped some zombie ward stuff, but it was still a pain. the music is cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ok apparently giving yuna strength also makes her aeons way stronger jesus christ lmao