Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Ahh, I didn't know of silencing in raids. Mug could be converted into the stun skill, its gimmick is basically flavor. Shorten or share its cooldown and adjust its potency accordingly. I'm not sure of the implications of having both stun and silence available in short order after each other if they don't share though, and if they do share then the potency would have to be shot up to make up for losing a ogcd damage move.

Ouch :retrogames:

that's why I suggested getting rid of the poisons and splitting jugulate into two separate attacks (one stun one silence) that share a cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
following optimal alex gearing paths seems like hell. i'm just making sure i get a non-redundant piece from each floor for each week and it'll all work out. besides i'll have chest and leg scrip pieces by 4 weeks regardless

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Verranicus posted:

bring back 2.0 BLM actually please

Meldonox posted:

Same only also for basically everything that has buff juggling.

It would be easier to gear all my classes if BLM was super boring again so I could safely ignore it, I guess.

troofs fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 30, 2016

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

troofs posted:

It would be easier to gear all my classes if BLM was super boring again so I could safely ignore it, I guess.

you'd be able to ignore a lot more than blm if that were the case (50 blm suuuucks)

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

The Grimace posted:

Five Alex A12 kills under my belt now and I finally got a crank after everyone else decided to generously pass. And I won with a lot... of 2.

Thanks, generous pubbies who actually weren't bad at the fight.

they were probably fighting like hell for those springs. i wish we could just have 4 springs drop.

edit: forgot to quote

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

that's why I suggested getting rid of the poisons and splitting jugulate into two separate attacks (one stun one silence) that share a cooldown.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you, just extending your idea to replace Mug with your now split jugulate. Mug's just boring (but not half as bad as the poisons)

Also you can take my death flare summoner from my cold, dead hands :colbert:

Because summoner at 50 is really bland

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

the Pixies fukken SUCKED posted:

you'd be able to ignore a lot more than blm if that were the case (50 blm suuuucks)

how wrong you are

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Yikes, party for Cruise Chaser I was just in was overlapping phases from pushing DPS. Even skipped Lapis Lazuli's once.

Griz
May 21, 2001

the Pixies fukken SUCKED posted:

50 blm owns for Crystal Tower and anything else where you don't give a poo poo. the rotation is super easy, stealing aggro on entire trash packs with triple flare is hilarious, and you can half-rear end the whole thing and still end up with top dps by far.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skaw posted:

Yikes, party for Cruise Chaser I was just in was overlapping phases from pushing DPS. Even skipped Lapis Lazuli's once.
I did it with some FC mates and we didn't even see Lapis Lazuli until the third try, and that was with a pubbie DPS and a pubbie tank. Fight seems really undertuned for brand new content, but I'm not complaining.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Farg posted:

following optimal alex gearing paths seems like hell. i'm just making sure i get a non-redundant piece from each floor for each week and it'll all work out. besides i'll have chest and leg scrip pieces by 4 weeks regardless

Ask a goon crafter to make you 250 crafted gear and then you only need to run Alex for off class gearing and a12 for your gear towards the tomestone weapon.

I got full left side armor crafted for me dragoon. I accidentally bought 3x the mats I needed for the dissolvants. If I had bought the proper amount, I spent around 1500 lore and 1 million in gil. It will be even cheaper next week as some mat prices continue to drop. Also goon crafters are awesome and extremely helpful.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

quote:

[21:56]Cyr: Okay, no, that's bollocks

Yeah I'm with you Cyr this is getting absurd

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What ilvl does A9+ drop? I bought some crafted 250 stuff, will that tide me over for the patch for the most part?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Verranicus posted:

What ilvl does A9+ drop? I bought some crafted 250 stuff, will that tide me over for the patch for the most part?

Normal mode drops tokens that can be exchanged for 250 gear. Savage Alex drops 270 gear.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
First SophEX clear dropped the MNK fists. It's so nice to get a primal weapon in less than 10 runs for once. :unsmith:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I heard A12 normal has a hard enrage?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ermagerd Shaggy Shoat is mine and he's adorable

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
My favorite game during A11:

EN...TRO...PY!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I totally had some plans laid out for some stuff to do in game before I had to head on out, meticulously timed so I could fit them in.

So naturally, there's another "most of the morning" maintenance. :negative:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Glub glub

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I totally had some plans laid out for some stuff to do in game before I had to head on out, meticulously timed so I could fit them in.

So naturally, there's another "most of the morning" maintenance. :negative:

I enjoyed coming home from work tonight and last night to see I can't actually play the drat game

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I don't know if it's related, but I tried to do some queues tonight and the server was a disaster zone. A Xelphatol run had that occasional stuttering lag where everything would pause for a second or two and then everything would suddenly catch up, but it wasn't too bad. But then I tried Mhach and holy crap it was a mess, the whole zone freezing for ten+ seconds and then everything going off at once. Somehow still managed to down Arachne Eve, but it was... entertaining to see all three quake circle things go off simultaneously. :psyduck: I assumed it was just Comcast loving me as usual, but everyone else in the group was saying it was hosed up for them too.

Weird thing is that it was fine before yesterday's emergency maintenance.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Asimo posted:

I don't know if it's related, but I tried to do some queues tonight and the server was a disaster zone. A Xelphatol run had that occasional stuttering lag where everything would pause for a second or two and then everything would suddenly catch up, but it wasn't too bad. But then I tried Mhach and holy crap it was a mess, the whole zone freezing for ten+ seconds and then everything going off at once. Somehow still managed to down Arachne Eve, but it was... entertaining to see all three quake circle things go off simultaneously. :psyduck: I assumed it was just Comcast loving me as usual, but everyone else in the group was saying it was hosed up for them too.

Weird thing is that it was fine before yesterday's emergency maintenance.

That's definitely not universal, the game was smooth as butter for me tonight. Cleared Sphia EX for the first time, then another 3 times with the same party.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

That's definitely not universal, the game was smooth as butter for me tonight. Cleared Sphia EX for the first time, then another 3 times with the same party.

How is it?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

vOv posted:

Can confirm. I've seen it atleast 4 times doing it with pubs, and once we beat it with literally one second left. If you don't kill him in a reasonable amount of time, Giant Alexander does Holy Judgment again, or whatever his signature attack is.

Also, drat. Servers went down right as the party I was running PotD with made it to the boss. Ended up trying to solo him after the rest got disconnected, and it devoured me alive right before I got kicked off.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

vOv posted:

How is it?

Lots of fun. About as forgiving as Shiva, but with much more fun mechanics. It feels incredibly slick when everything comes together.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

cheetah7071 posted:

Lots of fun. About as forgiving as Shiva, but with much more fun mechanics. It feels incredibly slick when everything comes together.

We did our first night of pulls on it, and at the very least, wipes tend to be hilarious cascades of failure, people flying in all directions, and realizing you're screwed just before something awful/hilarious happens.

I'm surprised you can rez after a ring out, though.

The Grimace posted:

Can confirm. I've seen it atleast 4 times doing it with pubs, and once we beat it with literally one second left. If you don't kill him in a reasonable amount of time, Giant Alexander does Holy Judgment again, or whatever his signature attack is.

Divine Judgment :eng101:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
New healer LB3 is amazing.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Mr. Nice! posted:

New healer LB3 is amazing.

A bit of a bummer it doesn't clear existing stacks, but it's still really good on the clutch.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

A bit of a bummer it doesn't clear existing stacks, but it's still really good on the clutch.

Yeah, I could've sworn it said it was going to remove existing stacks.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

vOv posted:

Yeah, I could've sworn it said it was going to remove existing stacks.

I remember reading this, too....

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Patch notes say:

quote:

Players revived using the following limit break actions will be revived in a non-weakened state. Furthermore, players who are weakened at the time of revival will have their weakness counter reset.
But I guess what it really does is just leave you at whatever you were when you died? Not sure what it means by "weakness counter."

Had a fun Sophia Ex group where it turned out the hardest mechanic is not running off the drat edge when you're setting up for Quasar. We had like, at least two people doing it every pull.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you have one weakness, it removes it. If you have double weakness, it takes you to one. At least that's what I remember it doing to me.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you have one weakness, it removes it. If you have double weakness, it takes you to one. At least that's what I remember it doing to me.
I coulda sworn I saw people remain at Brink of Death after being rezzed with it. Maybe they had died three times already or something.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Is Sophia EX doable via DF or are you guys running premades for it? I'd like to try beating an EX for once while it is still current content.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Is Sophia EX doable via DF or are you guys running premades for it? I'd like to try beating an EX for once while it is still current content.

Use party finder

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
also just watch a video thoroughly and lie your way into clear groups, unless there aren't any and then just go into learning groups. its a lot easier to wipe a group twice yourself while you learn then have the group wipe 20 times while everyone learns.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Usually by the time I've unlocked the newest hotness EX the PF only has clear parties available. Maybe I'll try to put up a learning party then.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Usually by the time I've unlocked the newest hotness EX the PF only has clear parties available. Maybe I'll try to put up a learning party then.

Yeah, the first week after the patch is by far the best time to learn (though it's hardly impossible to learn later, the parties just fill much slower).

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

vOv posted:

It very well might, my group took three tries, the first most of us were dead and it was counting down to another Divine Judgement when the last of us bit it.

A11 is kinda brutal if you don't have a good group. I went through an hour of failures just because towards the end there's so much AoE going on, and depending on which version of Optical Sight it uses, it's almost impossible to see the ground markers for the lasers coming from the bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hunter Noventa posted:

It very well might, my group took three tries, the first most of us were dead and it was counting down to another Divine Judgement when the last of us bit it.

A11 is kinda brutal if you don't have a good group. I went through an hour of failures just because towards the end there's so much AoE going on, and depending on which version of Optical Sight it uses, it's almost impossible to see the ground markers for the lasers coming from the bits.

Yeah it has that bit after the Plasma Shield where it sort of freaks the gently caress out for a bit. It plunged my DPS on BLM through the floor because I couldn't stand still long enough to cast anything.

• Locked thread