Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
one of my good friends and a fellow MOTU collector can't make Eternia happen because of a sudden financial hiccup involving his wife's school financial aid. So i backed a second time in the case that he can't get the funds together in the next three weeks.

i guess if i still die i'll need to put that in my will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
A new TMNT ULTIMATES from Super 7 came in today, I have to admit I am disappointed in the articulation and paint on this guy. I see what people have been complaining about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
is that guy made of poo?

Do you happen to own the Ultimates Optimus Prime?

does anyone here?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

is that guy made of poo?

does anyone here?

I tasted it and no I don't think so. It did come with these guys as accessories, and I guess they're ok.

I don't have any of the Transformers Ultimates. I will be getting Soundwave but that will probably be it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

is that guy made of poo?

does anyone here?

I genuinely don't think anyone here does. They self admittedly messed up Prime in a really obvious way, enough that they're releasing 'Dead Prime' to rectify it. He has elbows, but they aren't cut well enough to use, while the Dead Prime mock up shows that and other bits obviously retooled. Makes me wonder if they're going to release a third normal Prime some how with the improvements from Dead Prime.

I'm probably going to try and get Bludgeon because Samurai Skeleton Man. Soundwave is also good, though without at least Lazerbeak it feels a little empty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh well nevermind then, I don't want that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why would you want a Transformer that doesn’t transform?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I found a random nendoroid on amiami that I think will look great with the yukata body https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-127553

With the glasses she looks very vaguely like me and I really want to have a pretty yukata someday.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The date’s passed already but Mattel is considering 10/12/82 (or 12/10/82 for the rest of the world) as MOTUs birthday. The toy line is officially 40.

gently caress I’m old. It’s 6pm and I’m thinking about going to bed.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Shiroc posted:

I found a random nendoroid on amiami that I think will look great with the yukata body https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-127553

With the glasses she looks very vaguely like me and I really want to have a pretty yukata someday.

make sure to consider all your options

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

is that guy made of poo?

does anyone here?

I own Ultimates Prime, he’s not great but he can ball.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1536116189662957571

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I brought this up in the general toy thread, but if they implement the improvements from Dead Prime into a hypothetical third regular Prime, that's the one I'd get.

He's properly Big without being oversized, and I do like his general looks. Its his drat elbows that kill the figure because, the range you see there, that's all he gets. And I'm not one who is crazy over articulation points, but I do like it if they can do at least more than a wiggle.

The opening chest will also be nice to have just for some shakeup.

This shows off both how the eblows were given more range and the better ab joint stuff they worked in. Those alone do wonders for the figure...meaning that the Corpse of Optimus Prime is more posable than him alive.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got the email that my Haslab Galactus has shipped… I can’t believe it’s finally coming!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have the 2004 Masterpiece Optimus Prime and I've never felt the need to buy another Transformer, much less another Optimus Prime. That guy is great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I have the 2004 Masterpiece Optimus Prime and I've never felt the need to buy another Transformer, much less another Optimus Prime. That guy is great.

I had it and sold it. Now I want a single shelf of 80's toon heroes.

I really need a new MASK and Visionaires line like, now.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I had it and sold it. Now I want a single shelf of 80's toon heroes.

I really need a new MASK and Visionaires line like, now.

Don't forget Inhumanoids, and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors!

I don't think it would cost much, relatively, to reacquire the 2004 Prime or something similar. You have a lot of options with that character! The Super 7 one is probably the most directly cartoon-inspired one if that's your goal. He would be around the same size as your other figures, but not even close to in scale with them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm now leaning towards the Wei Jiang OS MP-10 (MPP10). The cell chaded version is $54, the original is $63. I think he'll look really good standing behind the 6 and 7 inch figures.

Playmates Voltron is only 16 inches tall though, and I feel like he should be bigger. This file is $25, might take a while but I imagine printing it out at 200% would look pretty boss scale wise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jKEmt4r8Eg

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why not just get MP-44, the perfect Prime?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't like it.

Edit: this Batman is $18.99 and has $4.75 coupon
https://a.co/d/5xHeTY1

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 20, 2022

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Playmates Voltron is only 16 inches tall though, and I feel like he should be bigger. This file is $25, might take a while but I imagine printing it out at 200% would look pretty boss scale wise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jKEmt4r8Eg

A Voltron that's actually to scale with 6" or 7" figures would probably be like 12 feet tall. Voltron is a big boy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My printer isn't big enough for that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Couple of months back:
Hasbro unveil their new Cassian figure with a piece of poo poo looking trashcan droid, everyone shrugs

Folks now:
AWWW, HE’S SO ADORABLE, I WILL DIE FOR THAT BUSTED rear end THING

Someone make me a fully working life size one, drat it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's like 50 Masterpieces and probably 12 of them are Prime, there's plenty available.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MP 10 Prime is the man. Smaller than 01 and better engineered and not as complicated as the newer one.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Having had all 3, I’m firmly MP44 > MP01 > MP10. Other than the cool backpack storage for the rifle, I can’t stand 10. Especially the legs, ew.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got the email that my Haslab Galactus has shipped… I can’t believe it’s finally coming!

My jealousy is immeasurable.

Sentinel Red posted:

Having had all 3, I’m firmly MP44 > MP01 > MP10. Other than the cool backpack storage for the rifle, I can’t stand 10. Especially the legs, ew.

I haven't owned 44, but for me theres no way 01 is a better toy than 10.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Joe Fisto posted:

My jealousy is immeasurable.

I haven't owned 44, but for me theres no way 01 is a better toy than 10.

I just hate the proportions on 10, the squat chest, the just too long arms, the block calves. Yeah, it is probably a better pure toy than 01 overall but I messed about with 01 a lot when I got him and barely touched 10. Just never warmed to it. I keep meaning to ask my cousin if his lad is into Transformers just so I can get shot of it and free up some space.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

I just hate the proportions on 10, the squat chest, the just too long arms, the block calves. Yeah, it is probably a better pure toy than 01 overall but I messed about with 01 a lot when I got him and barely touched 10. Just never warmed to it. I keep meaning to ask my cousin if his lad is into Transformers just so I can get shot of it and free up some space.

Fair. I would’ve bought 44 if it wasn’t so expensive.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

My printer isn't big enough for that.

Part of why I pointed out the hugeness of Voltron is to say "yes, making him really big would be appropriate" but part of it is to say "don't worry too much about scale with that guy, he's not gonna be in scale, just get one that looks cool." Best to approach it the same way you would, say, putting a miniature Enterprise with your Star Trek figures; they're not going to be the same scale but it could still be a nice display.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Get a small Voltron then print tiny Voltron pilots.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It’s time

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1582902396283674626?s=46&t=bbQ-Xy7rnZKvvE-Lf-Pl_Q

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it would be cool if Mattel adds a tier when it hits 10000 this weekend.

Like, just kidding, everyone gets King Grayskull now and some other fun poo poo.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

New Reaver

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1583126564048613376?s=46&t=jbr_TBB7zAzLVrRdD3Nqtw

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Get a small Voltron then print tiny Voltron pilots.

Conversely you could print a gigantic Voltron foot to display behind your other figures. I’d do the Yellow Lion, I always liked that one.

Rhyno posted:

I think it would be cool if Mattel adds a tier when it hits 10000 this weekend.

Like, just kidding, everyone gets King Grayskull now and some other fun poo poo.

I feel like they’d be fools not to keep adding tiers to keep the momentum going. Everyone gets Grayskull would be the obvious next one. Happy to see what other crazy poo poo they could throw in. I’m still in the camp of “probably not going to buy one,” but if they sweeten that pot enough…

Never heard of this guy before but that’s a great robot body and a dead-on likeness of Dan Larson from Toy Galaxy, so I think I need one.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I ordered stuff from amiami and they didn't give me the dhl option anymore when it came to pay. Do they filter it out if DHL costs too much to make sense?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Onesixthkit has the new Silent Hill figures for preorder until 11/28. Not sure if to wait for Sideshow to announce preorders so I can dump some points or if it’s going to end up more expensive and cancel out. I’m planning on preordering the 1/4 scale Bateman when that goes up on Sideshow anyway.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4078

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4077

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just printing the giant Voltron foot is a great idea.

Who all is attending the Kane County Toy Show on Sunday?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shiroc posted:

I ordered stuff from amiami and they didn't give me the dhl option anymore when it came to pay. Do they filter it out if DHL costs too much to make sense?

There may be a size/weight limitation? Is it a huge order?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Just printing the giant Voltron foot is a great idea.

Who all is attending the Kane County Toy Show on Sunday?

Only early, like 6-9am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
6 am? What time does the gate open?