Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm in the opposite group I guess. If there's a good depiction of a character or scene in a movie of a weird thingie, I kinda wanna own it. Having the dog look like an exploded Demogorgon isn't a bad thing if it's in a shelf with some other creepy bits.

It's why I had to talk myself out of the sixth scale star trek cause I heard they were doing Borg and "somewhat humanized" data and that poo poo is extremely my niche.

Thankfully the niche is incredibly rare so I'm not having to buy poo poo all the time.

Looked on a scale of "ew" to "belongs on a list somewhere", a hosed up dog is barely noticable when compared to some of the weird anime statues I've seen, or some of the weird sixth scale stuff I've seen offered like bondage racks and pee puddles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
At one of the cons I worked this past summer our booth was directly across the aisle from some gross dude selling anime body pillows and “sexy” statues and that guy absolutely cleaned house. Constant sales and foot traffic, to the point where it was pulling folks away from adjacent booths.

Nerd culture is gross sometimes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sex sells. Even gross creepy sex.

Honestly that's why I'm always surprised when there's a lack of female figures in a line. People gonna be weird, no matter the scale.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've gotten in trouble for this kind of opinion before but, I actually think I would rather look at a sexy babe than an exploded dog. It takes all kinds, I guess.

But seriously though, I'm not judging if anybody wants gross horror figures. For real The Thing is absolutely one of the best movies I've ever seen, and I'm all for celebrating it in whatever way you see fit. I'm just personally happy to leave that kind of thing on the screen. My own preference when it comes to toys tends to be stuff that's more whimsical and charming and not so intense.

I went to Target tonight with my very small child, and all the toys I bought were for her. They had a couple of Masterverse She-Ra's, so I got one of those to put in her stash of toys we can give her when she's less small. And I found this magnificent purple plush unicorn with iridescent wings that was on clearance for $10, and I was showing her that and she was kinda into it... but then over my shoulder she spotted a realistic plush german shepherd dog and started excitedly yelling "DOGGY!" and almost threw herself over the side of the shopping cart trying to hug it. So I had to get her that too. And it was NOT on clearance. Just goes to show ya, people have different ideas about what's cool.

One of Amazon's coupon deals tonight was the McFarlane Grifter figure for about $12, and I decided to go for that because I have such a soft spot for the character. Now I just have to find, or make, some guns that fit in his hands.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Honestly that's why I'm always surprised when there's a lack of female figures in a line. People gonna be weird, no matter the scale.

I helped a friend move a dresser into their bedroom and they had a giant Spider-Man themed dildo sitting on their headboard.

I haven't actually spoken to her since then come to think about it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
anywho, i've been dipping into other stuff

and i found the remaining Transformers and remembered PotP Optimus was almost the same size as MP-10 so i'm using that as a stand in. Now I'm back to not knowing what I want to fill this slot.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Flashing back to that one Macfarlane interview sometimes the lack of female characters is because someone in charge is weird

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Joe Fisto posted:

Huh, my GI Joe Kamakura will be here today.

Meanwhile Target keeps delaying Outback.

Glad to know it's not just me approving delays every week.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

One of Amazon's coupon deals tonight was the McFarlane Grifter figure for about $12, and I decided to go for that because I have such a soft spot for the character. Now I just have to find, or make, some guns that fit in his hands.

I saw that too and was tempted momentarily. I've wanted a good Grifter figure for 25 years, but I can't switch to a whole new scale. I wish DC Direct or Mattel had made a 6" Grifter while they had the license.

I've thought about trying to get one of the Marvel Legends Inner Demons when that box set with Mr. Negative comes out, and buying one of those custom 3D-printed Grifter heads on eBay to go with it... only I can't paint worth a drat. My favorite version of Grifter is the one Sean Phillips and Dustin Nguyen drew in Joe Casey's brilliant Wildcats run, where he usually wore normal street clothes (and occasionally a cool, Tyler Durdeny jacket) with his iconic mask.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Kingtheninja posted:

Glad to know it's not just me approving delays every week.

I'm just assuming they'll cancel it one of these days. None of the others I have preordered that should be coming out around the same time have been delayed like Outback has.

Rhyno posted:

i can't wait to see them in this thread, really eager to see how you integrate them into your displays

I'll be taking down the Sentinel and X-Men display to put up Galactus and the FF. I'll throw in other cosmic characters, Nova, Quasar, etc... Any suggestions on who would work well with a FF/Cosmic display?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Death's Head, and Guardians you have. Captain Marvel if you had her up with any Avengers. Doom standing way up above everyone else biding his time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Do that one cover that has Captain America trying to stab his foot with his shield.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I printed one of Voltron's feet to get an idea of scale if I go this route. If my math on the upscale is right it'll be about 22 inches tall. But I could still go bigger.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

I printed one of Voltron's feet to get an idea of scale if I go this route. If my math on the upscale is right it'll be about 22 inches tall. But I could still go bigger.

That looks good. I think 22 inches is big without being too big.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Big Mean Jerk posted:

At one of the cons I worked this past summer our booth was directly across the aisle from some gross dude selling anime body pillows and “sexy” statues and that guy absolutely cleaned house. Constant sales and foot traffic, to the point where it was pulling folks away from adjacent booths.

Nerd culture is gross sometimes.

I was in the manga store trying to explain to a person why it is hard to find Evangelion figures I like because they always end up posed 'sexy', which is gross and inappropriate for several reasons. Not a fun conversation because every bit of explanation to someone who didn't know anything about Eva just made me sound more unhinged.

I saw this in the same store and nearly bought it because it is so over the top that I found it funny: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/173279. I ended up deciding to get a different one of Nami in the end and the store sold out of the horny one really fast afterwards.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Death's Head, and Guardians you have. Captain Marvel if you had her up with any Avengers. Doom standing way up above everyone else biding his time.

We need some good comic Guardians. I would buy a whole set with these costumes. I think some or all have been done before, but toy technology has come a long way since then.

I had passed on Death's Head II back in the day, I should probably pick one up. I really want the original DH though.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Do that one cover that has Captain America trying to stab his foot with his shield.

Excellent suggestion!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

So I had to get her that too. And it was NOT on clearance.

Emphasis mine. Speaking as a fellow dad, you wasted the $10 on the unicorn. Just get them the one thing they really like and let them just play with that. They generally tend to never bother with the other stuff they got if one is extra super shiny, at least until they're in middle school-ish. Same yourself some money and space, since getting rid of it later, even if they barely played with it, can often be a nightmare.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

We need some good comic Guardians. I would buy a whole set with these costumes. I think some or all have been done before, but toy technology has come a long way since then.

I had passed on Death's Head II back in the day, I should probably pick one up. I really want the original DH though.

Excellent suggestion!

I think I got a DH2 in a box somewhere I'd probably be willing to part with. I got a 3.75" DH1 which is fun because he scaled with Transformers pre-getting enlarged

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I think I got a DH2 in a box somewhere I'd probably be willing to part with. I got a 3.75" DH1 which is fun because he scaled with Transformers pre-getting enlarged

If you find it I'll take it off your hands.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Emphasis mine. Speaking as a fellow dad, you wasted the $10 on the unicorn. Just get them the one thing they really like and let them just play with that. They generally tend to never bother with the other stuff they got if one is extra super shiny, at least until they're in middle school-ish. Same yourself some money and space, since getting rid of it later, even if they barely played with it, can often be a nightmare.

It's a very good unicorn and she has been playing with it a lot. It was a steal at $10. No regrets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm in St Charles, now to kill the rest of the evening.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Joe Fisto posted:

I'm just assuming they'll cancel it one of these days. None of the others I have preordered that should be coming out around the same time have been delayed like Outback has.

I'll be taking down the Sentinel and X-Men display to put up Galactus and the FF. I'll throw in other cosmic characters, Nova, Quasar, etc... Any suggestions on who would work well with a FF/Cosmic display?

Has outback actually been going out to people or is it just constantly delayed now?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Apparently American comic shops are getting the Joytoy 40k figures. I thought I was safe because they were only available in multi figure sets and from odd websites. And I’ve given up on the McFarlane figures because they were surprisingly lovely. But now that I can just walk into a store and buy the Joytoy ones, I may be in trouble.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

Has outback actually been going out to people or is it just constantly delayed now?

I'm not sure. I've seen reviews but those could be from overseas sellers.

Galactus is supposedly going to be here tomorrow, they even emailed me a second time to say so.

Today I got a hot wheel and it's cool

Also a weird Gray Hulk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Score me. I found one of those NECA Catwoman of Channel 6 sets at a random Target, way at the back of a shelf in the collectibles section. Those came out in April and vanished just as quick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those things have been rotting in the targets here

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

"If you see me comin' your way, better give me plenty space. If I tell you that I'm hungry, then won't you feed my face?"

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Those things have been rotting in the targets here

Same, that set was the only NECA TMNT thing I saw at Target for months and months.

Joe Fisto posted:

"If you see me comin' your way, better give me plenty space. If I tell you that I'm hungry, then won't you feed my face?"

Yo, ding dong, man. Ding dong, ding dong, yo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzogpkiuw2I

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So one of these new Halloween holiday troopers hitting Target? Halloween’s about a week away now. :ohdear:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Joe Fisto posted:

hopefully they'll do a Freddie Dukes friendly bartender version as well

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hazbat suit figure is in sale for like 9 bucks after tax on Amazon.

I finally broke down and got it. I think there's a light up bat symbol on it.

I kinda wanna get the superboy prime figure to go with the supermans I have but the character just bugs me. Wondering why they haven't made a Lois though. They made the kid.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hazbat suit figure is in sale for like 9 bucks after tax on Amazon.

I finally broke down and got it. I think there's a light up bat symbol on it.

I kinda wanna get the superboy prime figure to go with the supermans I have but the character just bugs me. Wondering why they haven't made a Lois though. They made the kid.

The light is only in the gold label version and Todd doesn’t like to make ladies I guess. Where’s classic Wonder Woman?

Edit:

https://twitter.com/marvelousnews/status/1584181868706287616?s=46&t=7WHCEtpQE53eaFm6ChIgKg

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 23, 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Ugh, of course fedex tried delivering Galactus the days when I’m out of town. At least I’ll be around all day tomorrow for it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Ugh, of course fedex tried delivering Galactus the days when I’m out of town. At least I’ll be around all day tomorrow for it

I’m running a 5k this morning with my daughter and it starts at 9:30, and Galactus is expected to be delivered today between 9:55 and 3:40 and I just know Fedex is gonna show up 7 minutes before I get home.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1584180955031699458?s=46&t=7WHCEtpQE53eaFm6ChIgKg

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Marneus Calgar and Shadowsun

https://twitter.com/joytoywarhammer/status/1584179862386135041?s=46&t=i_eYhvK3PgEpTGiiQ03i4g

https://twitter.com/joytoywarhammer/status/1584179107381641218?s=46&t=i_eYhvK3PgEpTGiiQ03i4g

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 23, 2022

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Calgar, take me away!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe don’t worry, Fedex responded and are happy to tell you there’s nothing they can do outside continuing to be poo poo

https://twitter.com/FedExHelp/status/1584181754327289856?s=20&t=-aWOM1YdP8CYzOiix4VfXA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Carlos is just doing his best.