Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Commander karnov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

If they don't have Krark as either the URBG commander or as one of the dual-colored partners that can go into URBG they messed up, that's all I'm gonna say

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ZeroCount posted:

I'm gonna buy the UBRG chaos deck and all my friends will laugh for exactly one game from the novelty before it dawns on them that this hideous rng poo poo will be happening every game

One of my friends has a deck like that with Maelstrom Wanderer. I remember he played a game where a single turn took over an hour to resolve.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Undaunted might actually be the single dumbest keyword I've seen in this game.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
edh chat is the literal worst chat.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I'm not sure Legacy can survive a 4-mana white sorcery that says destroy all creatures, better slap an extra clause on it that makes it completely unplayable outside of multiplayer.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

80s James Hetfield posted:

edh chat is the literal worst chat.

were you not here when mtg dude tried to grope Amanda Stevens?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I'm not sure Legacy can survive a 4-mana white sorcery that says destroy all creatures, better slap an extra clause on it that makes it completely unplayable outside of multiplayer.

Sorry you're looking for legacy playables in a multiplayer supplemental set?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

I mean in fairness that's mostly where legacy and vintage get their playables these days

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Sidar reads really weirdly to me. The partner mechanic is a cool way to make 4 color decks but the generals don't seem very impressive.

No seriously what the gently caress is going on with Sidar. It basically gives your guys flying in a really confusing way and has another random form of evasion stapled on :psyduck:

Not only your guys, this is multiplayer remember? Not sure why it doesn't just give them flying while attacking your opponents, but maybe there's an obvious reason I'm not thinking of.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Evil Badman posted:

Yes? They sure aren't printing stuff like Council's Judgment or Sanctum Prelate into standard.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

TheKingofSprings posted:

I mean in fairness that's mostly where legacy and vintage get their playables these days

Incidentally, sure, but you shouldn't be counting on it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Yeah but what if you're in a 7-player EDH game huh?

I mean besides the fact that it will be a terrible experience in general, what about the ONE MANA wrath.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
What can you even do with Ox man other than a voltron gimmick that many other better commanders already do

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Serperoth posted:

Yeah but what if you're in a 7-player EDH game huh?

I mean besides the fact that it will be a terrible experience in general, what about the ONE MANA wrath.

We have a rule that we will only do anything higher than a 5 player pod if we start it before 10PM because nobody wants to be there till 2AM.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

What can you even do with Ox man other than a voltron gimmick that many other better commanders already do

admire what a real man looks like first of all

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Evil Badman posted:

I'm not asking them to go out of their way to make new playables, I'm just saying that if they're already making reasonable cards there's zero reason to slap an ugly CAST ONLY IN MULTIPLAYER tag on them.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Nobody around here ever plays a game of Commander with a pod of more than four people under any circumstances, so it's worse than Wrath of God always.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I can kindof see the point of that mechanic on something like a one-for-one removal spell that naturally gets worse in a multiplayer environment where you're going down on cards compared to most of the table. It's loving stupid on a wrath though since that scales up just fine. Are you going to board it in in 8 player pods or what.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I don't dislike any of these cards

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Elyv posted:

oh good, the bad archetype and the archetype everyone hates
Forced humor, especially of the randomonkeycheese variety, is a plague on game design.

Did you see the mustache and WWE tag team persona???

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I can kindof see the point of that mechanic on something like a one-for-one removal spell that naturally gets worse in a multiplayer environment where you're going down on cards compared to most of the table. It's loving stupid on a wrath though since that scales up just fine. Are you going to board it in in 8 player pods or what.

I can't even fathom what an 8 player EDH game would be like.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

You ever watched a video of a glacier? That's pretty close.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'm not asking them to go out of their way to make new playables, I'm just saying that if they're already making reasonable cards there's zero reason to slap an ugly CAST ONLY IN MULTIPLAYER tag on them.

I understand that, but given that Commander, as WOTC sees it, is primarily multiplayer creating cards with mechanics that work that in aren't surprising.

However, if I wrote undaunted, I'd have had it count commanders or opponents, whichever is larger, instead of just opponents, but I'm a jerk.

Side note: The Packaging article shows that each deck with come with 4 foils, so a Four Color, 2 Two Color Partners and maybe a mono color Partner?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

Side note: The Packaging article shows that each deck with come with 4 foils, so a Four Color, 2 Two Color Partners and maybe a mono color Partner?

two enemy color partners and one ally.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

It becomes two 4-player pods loosely joined together with the people on other end asking, "what's happening on the other end of the table?" or getting up and walking over. And then you lose focus on what's going on because keeping tabs on what's happening on seven other boards is difficult and one person goes off after 2-5 hours of everyone knocking each other down.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

two enemy color partners and one ally.

Fair. It was pointed out to me by a wiser person that you can has two partners share a color and just roll a 3 color deck. That thought didn't even cross my mind.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

man i want to know what kind of edh players you are playing with so i can play with them. my group of friends and i do 6+ pods and it lasts like half an hour to an hour at most and there's always some kind of lame infinite combo that no one enjoys dealing with

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

edh is the literal worst.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I have played an 2-headed giant 4pod before so I guess it would be relevant there. The design still sucks though since it's not something you can try to set up in-game.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 24, 2016

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So Bruce is played by Tom Hardy?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Not really a card that'll show up in Eternal ever but that ability's pretty funny with Brainstorm

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

This card in a kruphix deck may at some point start a fist fight.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

either i'm super loving jaded about magic or these kinds of designs are so uninspired.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

jassi007 posted:

either i'm super loving jaded about magic or these kinds of designs are so uninspired.

nah they are because they're meant to be played with another card so they have to be super generic and safe.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I really wish R/W would get something for Commander other than a 4 mana 3/3 with doublestrike.

Like, maybe a 3 mana 3/2 with double strike?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

lol this is actually a cool concept, but instead you just jam it with a boros partner you never plan to cast just so you can get access to more cards.

I believe the term for this is "Getting Nagled".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toshimo posted:

I believe the term for this is "Getting Nagled".

This has nothing to do with his vore fetish, so no?

• Locked thread