Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Oxxidation posted:

Trump can't handle working with people more competent than he is. Because he's a psychologically stunted halfwit, that means all his picks are scam artists and losers from the bottom tier of politics and entertainment alike.

What are Patreus' underlings supposed to do if he becomes SoS? Well gee I guess he had to resign from being director of the CIA for passing national secrets to a mistress who was writing a biography about him. I guess he's an OK boss okey dokey back to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

lmao

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why the gently caress is he picking the losers though? Of all the people you go out and pick the one that resigned in disgrace? That makes no sense.

On a unrelated note what the gently caress is up with Kelly Ann Conway? Isn't she just a spokesperson? Why would she be weighing in on who Trump should pick for his cabinet?

She was the campaign manager

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

logikv9 posted:

it still blows my mind how wrong every poll was. like every poll that wasn't @cernovich polling and also selling his stupid book at the same time was wrong

romney in 2012 believed earnestly in a slightly diluted form of unskewedpolls. but in 2016, bill mitchell gets to poo poo on everybody. truly the nothing matters year

Hillary is going to end up with a 2% lead in the popular vote which is well within the margin of error of every final national poll. Hell there were plenty that had her up just 2%.

The state polls were off though.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hillary is going to end up with a 2% lead in the popular vote which is well within the margin of error of every final national poll. Hell there were plenty that had her up just 2%.

this makes a lot of sense. should be interesting to see why state polls were hosed

still never gonna trust them again

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

logikv9 posted:

it's a landslide, it's a landslide i continue to insist as i turn into the president of the united states

:vince:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
my non-scientific suspicions are that the negative ads against trump served a purpose in suppressing polling response, because people who are voting for trump for legitimate economic anxiety reasons don't want to admit this lest they get lumped with the nazis

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

logikv9 posted:

it still blows my mind how wrong every poll was. like every poll that wasn't @cernovich polling and also selling his stupid book at the same time was wrong

romney in 2012 believed earnestly in a slightly diluted form of unskewedpolls. but in 2016, bill mitchell gets to poo poo on everybody. truly the nothing matters year

Did we ever get an explanation for wtf happened here?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
combined with a portion of the populace who at the end decided that they hated trump but also hated hillary too much to vote for either one of them, but otherwise showed up and voted downticket

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Darkman Fanpage posted:

trump's doing everything he can to get the electors to declare him incompetent to hold office but he'll soon find that they too are too incompetent to hold office, meaning he is just competent enough to be allowed to hold office.

So, who's up for helping me convince one of his kids move to declare him incompetent and put him in a home where he can be taken care of while they take over his fortune. .. ........ wait.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which pisses me off because LAT has had at least four dick sucking articles about how they "called it", even though they were off by 7 points

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i want to research sources on the discrepancy between votes cast for senate / house candidates vs presidential candidates per state, that would confirm the latter at least

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

logikv9 posted:

my non-scientific suspicions are that the negative ads against trump served a purpose in suppressing polling response, because people who are voting for trump for legitimate economic anxiety reasons don't want to admit this lest they get lumped with the nazis

trump outperformed his polls more in poorer red districts than blue ones. shy trumper isn't a sound theory. KSA is positing that the paranoid diehard breitbarters wouldn't poll with anyone they thought to be a government or secret government agency or just trump-clicked, causing differential nonresponse

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm moderately certain we're not going to see either campaign in 2020 push for a "landslide victory" tactic after this, and instead stay firmly entrenched within whatever their firewall is

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Losing the popular vote by 2% or more and losing the EV sure does expose a weird problem with how EVs are allocated

One WEIRD problem with the electoral college. blue states HATE this!!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

theflyingexecutive posted:

trump outperformed his polls more in poorer red districts than blue ones. shy trumper isn't a sound theory. KSA is positing that the paranoid diehard breitbarters wouldn't poll with anyone they thought to be a government or secret government agency or just trump-clicked, causing differential nonresponse

if this is true that would negate that theory, yeah. but i'm not sure if this competing theory of tinfoil hat-wearing voters refusing to submit personal information en masse holds up either

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Weren't most of the state polls within the margin of error as well? It's just instead of a 3-4% Hillary national victory, we get a 2% national victory. And instead of slight victories in key battleground states, it's slight losses leading to an electoral college loss? For all the poo poo the polls got, they weren't that far off, just far enough that our democracy is ruined.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I loving hate that I understand the words in this post.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

shiksa posted:

just give up the pretense and open up all decisions to an american idol style phone line

trump will just take over c-span and read off bills while people call toll-free numbers to vote for if he should veto them or not.

"ok, this one, *puts on reading glasses* opening up drilling on wildlife refuge areas. Seems simple, bing bong boom. If you want this to pass, call 1-888-AMERICA-GREAT, if you want a veto, dial 1-888-LIKE-A-DOG"

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Krazyface posted:

People in the future with a loose grasp on exact historical dates will wonder if Breaking Bad was meant to be about Trump.

Arrested Development, they'll be surprised it's about a different president

Oscar: Donald
Michael: Jared
Lindsay: Ivanka
Buster: Barron

The Iraq war: the Iran war

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Weren't most of the state polls within the margin of error as well? It's just instead of a 3-4% Hillary national victory, we get a 2% national victory. And instead of slight victories in key battleground states, it's slight losses leading to an electoral college loss? For all the poo poo the polls got, they weren't that far off, just far enough that our democracy is ruined.

Nah I think the states were just plain off. Late polls in Michigan and PA had her up like 4-5 points which would be outside any reasonable margin of error. But a factor could be that there simply wasn't that much polling done in Michigan/Wisconsin/PA because everyone figured that they were shoe ins. And the polling that was conducted was probably half assed for the same reason.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Kazak_Hstan posted:

NOBAMA probably fired :911: General Petreus :911: in between marijuana cigarettes NOBAMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzCukmO4fhg

:obama: = :weedass:

:arnie:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

logikv9 posted:

combined with a portion of the populace who at the end decided that they hated trump but also hated hillary too much to vote for either one of them, but otherwise showed up and voted downticket

Dubyas

Serf
May 5, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

trump will just take over c-span and read off bills while people call toll-free numbers to vote for if he should veto them or not.

"ok, this one, *puts on reading glasses* opening up drilling on wildlife refuge areas. Seems simple, bing bong boom. If you want this to pass, call 1-888-AMERICA-GREAT, if you want a veto, dial 1-888-LIKE-A-DOG"

loving hell what do we do if Trump calls out C-SPAM

we live in a reality where that could happen

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

logikv9 posted:

I was making fun of asinine "likely voter" filters the entire summer, because they were obviously guesswork presented as statistical science, I'm a fuckin genius m8

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/803397508349198337

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"what the gently caress is this crazy gizmo? is this what i use to launch the nukes?"

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/803440448337428481

Hahaha

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

it's a landslide, it's a landslide i continue to insist as i turn into the president of the united states

im waiting for the landslide to focus your eyes ahead

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the pollsters are doing their own autopsy and i actually have to trust that they're going to be critical since the numbers they make up will be compared to reality at some point

Serf
May 5, 2011

"Very disrespectful and failing C-SPAM posters say I lost the popular vote on their dead gay forum. Sad!"

".@Lowtax runs a very dishonest site. Allows many bad posters."

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

rear end cobra posted:

Still can't get over that stupid loving hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9Audtm9VI

:boom:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

if this is true that would negate that theory, yeah. but i'm not sure if this competing theory of tinfoil hat-wearing voters refusing to submit personal information en masse holds up either

my personal pet theory that I'm sure is bullshit is that a lot of working class families simply didn't answer polling calls because they've been used to getting phone calls for creditors and overdue bills for over a decade now so they just habitually screen their calls (or keep their phone's ringer turned off and contact family/friends some other way)

which naturally would make them pretty hard to poll

also:

and this is something I actually think might be significant,

I live in ohio, so does my father, neither of us got calls from the clinton campaign or reps for the clinton campaign (about voting for clinton or any downballot poo poo)

but boy oh boy did we get calls telling us to vote for trump and reminding us to go vote for trump

(I've voted D in every election I've voted and my father switched to blue team when he joined a one of the few functional unions in america and actually got a pay raise)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ah, the smoking gun, THIS ONE IS IT GUYS!

Lock him up!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Then it probably is a good explanation for why a bunch of racists like the petreus pick!

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm the person at the beginning walking away while shaking their head

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kazak_Hstan posted:

My radiologist brother would be 100% okay with people dying in the gutter if that's what it takes for him to keep making $500k/yr working every other week.

i'm glad radiology is increasingly gettin offshored to places in opposite timezones like australia

gently caress those rich in the dark assholes it's the best specialty to be performed remotely and cheaply

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lol he doesn't get to keep his stupid hotel

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Trump is Walter, Bannon is the head of the neo nazis, kellyanne is Jesse

Is Barron Walter Jr., or Holly?

Also who's Todd? Is it Eric Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I am 100% confident the GSA headed by a Trump pick will zealously enforce that clause against Donald J. Trump.

• Locked thread