Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also he calls out Zach Snyder despite Zach having directed BvS and Justice League?

Zack Snyder left the Justice League project after his daughter died, so Joss Whedon was brought in to finish the film. While it's totally understandable that someone would drop work to grieve for a family member, in practice what has happened is that it has allowed a particularly nasty set if fanboys to crawl out and retroactively poo poo on Snyder for Man of Steel and BVS being bad movies. So the narrative in their minds changes from "man takes time off to cope with tragedy" to "warner brothers fires franchise sabotaging oval office and replaces him with God's gift to nerd-dom Joss Whedon to fix all Snyder's awful ideas".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Zack Snyder left the Justice League project after his daughter died, so Joss Whedon was brought in to finish the film. While it's totally understandable that someone would drop work to grieve for a family member, in practice what has happened is that it has allowed a particularly nasty set if fanboys to crawl out and retroactively poo poo on Snyder for Man of Steel and BVS being bad movies. So the narrative in their minds changes from "man takes time off to cope with tragedy" to "warner brothers fires franchise sabotaging oval office and replaces him with God's gift to nerd-dom Joss Whedon to fix all Snyder's awful ideas".

So the next evolution is going to be " Justice League sucks because Whedon made it like all his lovely Marvel films!"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Yes, and it's creepy as poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz9OgW4JAJ8

(I haven't even seen this movie, but this scene is infamous.)

The whole movie is the equivalent of a high school bully leaning over a toilet cubicle to take a picture of you making GBS threads. It's just so grotty and meanspirited in a very a pretty way.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Are those photos of three different people from three different tragedies that they're trying to say are the same person? Because they look like different people.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have no doubt that this is just the kid being afraid of needles and not them making some indigo child antivax stand.
Even if it's real, the kid's probably just repeating something their parents say.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Tiggum posted:

Are those photos of three different people from three different tragedies that they're trying to say are the same person? Because they look like different people.

Crisis actor conspiracy theorists suffer from two diseases: face blindness and utter heartlessness. Most of these "look how similar these grieving people looked, must be crisis actors" pictures feature different-looking people. If the actors were any other race you could argue they're being racist.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

toanoradian posted:

Crisis actor conspiracy theorists suffer from two diseases: face blindness and utter heartlessness. Most of these "look how similar these grieving people looked, must be crisis actors" pictures feature different-looking people. If the actors were any other race you could argue they're being racist.

Calling truthers a bunch of anti-white racists because they think all white women look the same would actually be pretty hilarious, and someone should totally do that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You boys ready for the worst take ever

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I wasn't ready

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

taking tips and advice on interaction with the opposite sex from a guy that looks like he will, if I know exactly what to ask, sell me a DVD-ROM full of pirated RPG PDFs from beneath the cash drawer at his knife kiosk by the food court

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sebastian Gorka drives an Mustang with a license plate that says ART WAR.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

EmmyOk posted:

I hope Gorka and Pence eventually gets embroiled in sexual controversy and they shut up forever.

What am I saying, they probably remain in the right-wing speaking network for years. Nobody will be tasking them for their hypocrisy.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Pastry of the Year posted:

taking tips and advice on interaction with the opposite sex from a guy that looks like he will, if I know exactly what to ask, sell me a DVD-ROM full of pirated RPG PDFs from beneath the cash drawer at his knife kiosk by the food court

Also he's a Nazi sympathizer. Who used to work in the white house. :smith:

there wolf posted:

You don't know how true that is... Rome actually banned cousin marriage up to three/four degrees of consanguinity, and the Church kept that rolling right into the Medieval era. But the nobility quickly all married each other, and since they couldn't/wouldn't marry anyone else, they had to get dispensations from the church for it which lead to the rules gradually getting simplified and relaxed because the demand was so high.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

toanoradian posted:

I hope Gorka and Pence eventually gets embroiled in sexual controversy and they shut up forever.

I too wish that my slash fiction came true sometimes, but I guess 2017 isn't weird enough...:sigh:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Whoa whoa whoa, I mean separate Gorka and Pence sexual controversies, not Pence/Gorka controversy. Get your slash-shipping mind out of here.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So that guy admits that all men are pigs who can't help themselves.

Fuckin rad.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
He did say it was a bad take

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

I chuckled. But holy poo poo is that specific.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

FIVE STRATEGO MOVES AHEAD

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Better yet, have men and women conduct cross-gender business through non-video teleconferencing only. Preferably with a bot to monitor eroticism and spam quotes from Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul if things get too spicy for the pepper.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
Maybe if we made women cover themselves up and make it so that she has to be in the presence of a male relative or husband. Just to insure no wrongdoing.

Unrelated.

https://twitter.com/wrackune/status/917841196201926657

Ha.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Brawnfire posted:

Better yet, have men and women conduct cross-gender business through non-video teleconferencing only. Preferably with a bot to monitor eroticism and spam quotes from Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul if things get too spicy for the pepper.

I've heard too many horror stories of guys caught fapping on video conferences to get behind this

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

IamnotJoe posted:

Maybe if we made women cover themselves up and make it so that she has to be in the presence of a male relative or husband. Just to insure no wrongdoing.

Unrelated.

https://twitter.com/wrackune/status/917841196201926657

Ha.

Mike Huckabee's joke writer is named Chip Hinkleman

a name that reeks of flop sweat and thinking the word "coconuts" is just inherently funny

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I like to think Chip is actually Huckabee's alter-ego.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Picnic Princess posted:

We're being Garth Brooks'd!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Picnic Princess posted:

That would be the only funny thing Huckabee had ever thought of.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Picnic Princess posted:

So that guy admits that all men are pigs who can't help themselves.

Fuckin rad.

Misogynists are the biggest misandrists.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mike Huckabee's joke writer is named Chip Hinkleman

a name that reeks of flop sweat and thinking the word "coconuts" is just inherently funny

Chip Hinkleman genuinely sounds like a name made up for an all-ages "family" comedian in a sitcom. I refuse to believe that it is somebody's real name.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
With a name like Chip Hinkleman what other option do you have than to go into very bad comedy?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SpacePig posted:

Chip Hinkleman genuinely sounds like a name made up for an all-ages "family" comedian in a sitcom. I refuse to believe that it is somebody's real name.

It's the sort of name Bobby Hill would come up with

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

With a name like Chip Hinkleman what other option do you have than to go into very bad comedy?

I guess maybe a magician, or a minor-league baseball announcer.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Mike Huckabee having a joke writer is a punchline in and of itself

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

We're being Garth Brooks'd!

I think this is actually the case, after a cursory Google search, which is actually loving weirder

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

SpacePig posted:

I guess maybe a magician, or a minor-league baseball announcer.

Local TV news anchor, but not the main one. The guy who has to go and report from the field when they have puff pieces and/or exceptional weather.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Whenever I hear or see Gorka's name all I can hear is "Mr Chapo".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Marius Pontmercy posted:

Local TV news anchor, but not the main one. The guy who has to go and report from the field when they have puff pieces and/or exceptional weather.

He's one of those made-up field announcers played by Colin Mochrie that Greg Proops as the anchor cuts to in Whose Line Is It Anyway.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
https://twitter.com/ChipHinkleman/status/901266218040127493

It's a joke. It has to be a loving joke right?

right?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

toanoradian posted:

What am I saying, they probably remain in the right-wing speaking network for years. Nobody will be tasking them for their hypocrisy.

Ollie North can go on Fox and complain that people are too friendly with Iran. No hypocrisy is too great.

I was going to say he looks like an even more obnoxious Penn Gillette.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deborah Landis was the costume designer for Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, he's not wrong though. I wouldn't be surprised if Spielberg had listed both movies as inspirations for the outfit, as Heston is wearing the same thing in both of them, and Greatest Show did come out first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I mean, he's not wrong though. I wouldn't be surprised if Spielberg had listed both movies as inspirations for the outfit, as Heston is wearing the same thing in both of them, and Greatest Show did come out first.

I mean, it's the movie specifically cited by the costume designer, though. Just because it could have inspired the costumes doesn't mean it did.