Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record

refleks posted:

Anybody with some advice on BEC as a part of the ESC vs. stand-alone.

I am trying to piece together a 250 for my first quadcopter build and read through some of Oscar Liang's blog on parts.

I was going to get the Afro 12A MIni with built-in BEC, but they're on backorder at Hobbyking EU, and who the gently caress knows when they'll be back in stock. So I thought about getting some other ESC, that are OPTO, and I don't really see any downside to this, besides having to buy a separate UBEC?

Linear BECs in ESCs are generally kinda crappy and are also a point of failure or heat generation. Just get some non BEC (99% of "Opto" ESCs aren't Opto, but I guess "Opto" has come to mean no BEC and not Opto) ESCs and a pololu 5v step down reg. If you're using a Naze or similar you can solder it up like this for a nice clean install:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Arrest that rear end! posted:

Linear BECs in ESCs are generally kinda crappy and are also a point of failure or heat generation. Just get some non BEC (99% of "Opto" ESCs aren't Opto, but I guess "Opto" has come to mean no BEC and not Opto) ESCs and a pololu 5v step down reg. If you're using a Naze or similar you can solder it up like this for a nice clean install:

Yeah, the additional point of failure was the main thing I could gather from reading around.

What do you mean OPTO does not really mean an ESC without BEC, but has come to mean it anyway?

Thanks for the advice, I have a KK already, though I will keep it mind for the future.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

refleks posted:

Yeah, the additional point of failure was the main thing I could gather from reading around.

What do you mean OPTO does not really mean an ESC without BEC, but has come to mean it anyway?

Thanks for the advice, I have a KK already, though I will keep it mind for the future.

OPTO means optically isolated. True OPTO ESC's have an optical connection on the circuit board from the receiver/FC so there is no electrical connection between the motor/battery power and the receiver/FC to eliminate the possibility of electrical noise affecting the receiver or shorts/fires frying the rest of the system. Not a big deal on a 3S quad but on a 12S heli being pushed to the limit with a separate 2S receiver/servo battery in the case of an esc failure it can mean the difference between a successful auto rotation or a crash with the loss of all electronics.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Wojcigitty posted:

OPTO means optically isolated. True OPTO ESC's have an optical connection on the circuit board from the receiver/FC so there is no electrical connection between the motor/battery power and the receiver/FC to eliminate the possibility of electrical noise affecting the receiver or shorts/fires frying the rest of the system. Not a big deal on a 3S quad but on a 12S heli being pushed to the limit with a separate 2S receiver/servo battery in the case of an esc failure it can mean the difference between a successful auto rotation or a crash with the loss of all electronics.

Great, thanks for that.
Are there any particular brand of ESC I should avoid, or choose? Mainly with respect to quality or known issues?

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
GPS is still acting a bit funny on my Bix3. Seems like it goes down to 5-7 stats for a few seconds, then jumps up to 17 or so. Looks like I made the RTH angles a bit too aggressive.

Did manage to push out to some personal distance records though. 1.75 KM out, and 500 M high. RSSI was still up around 80%. Was just starting to get a couple randomly colored pixels and a bit of fuzz interference. on 200mW 5.8

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Several folks have seen me out with my drone, and kids love it. I always let the kids fly a little if they ask (with me holding the controls too) and it's a big hit. A few folks have asked about drones as gifts. What's a good, hundred, two hundred or so drone, maybe with a cheapo camera that a young kid/teen could try that won't be a financial burden when they wreck it? Any recommendations?

OnymousCoward
Feb 19, 2014
The Hubsan X4 seems to be the gold standard of really cheap ready to fly quads, comes in FPV, non-FPV camera, and no camera versions, small enough to not cause too much damage if it hits anything, widely available batteries/frames/props that are cheap as hell. Downsides, not TX compatible with anything else, not sure if the FPV ones work with standard FPV monitors/goggles.

Bit more expensive is the Blade Nano QX, compatible with DSM2/DSMX transmitters for BnF, also comes in an RtF version, FPV version is compatible with standard goggles/monitors, built in prop guards on the frame, also has a true manual mode (the Hubsan has a standard stabilised mode, and a less stabilised mode). It uses standard 1S batteries, frames and props are fairly easy to get hold of.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

refleks posted:

Great, thanks for that.
Are there any particular brand of ESC I should avoid, or choose? Mainly with respect to quality or known issues?

a lot of manufacturer's models are ultimately just rebrands of chinese ESCs (there was a thread somewhere with a big list). for a mini quad, rotorgeeks escs are a popular brand, as well as the dys sn20/30 amps (those still burn out, but they are cheap and have alright performance). HK has some sort of racer spec afro escs now as well.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
Rotorgeeks new RG20 is supposedly the poo poo, and is really efficient if their chart is to be believed. I'm gonna use them on my next build.

http://rotorgeeks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=307

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
New Phantom 3 firmware came out today... I have never been more terrified to update firmware on anything as I am on this. It's such a janky process with terrible documentation.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Yay, Belgium's upcoming drone laws are fun. For personal use, you can only fly on your own private property (i.e. your backyard) and not higher than 10 meters. Either that, or on RC airfields.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

pzy posted:

New Phantom 3 firmware came out today... I have never been more terrified to update firmware on anything as I am on this. It's such a janky process with terrible documentation.

If your phantom works fine, don't update (i thought they disabled the forced updating thing ). There is no advantage to not waiting for everyone else to test it for you

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

refleks posted:

There is literally no reason in this day and age to be running a kk on a 250 quad.

the nicker posted:

Rotorgeeks new RG20 is supposedly the poo poo, and is really efficient if their chart is to be believed. I'm gonna use them on my next build.

http://rotorgeeks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=307

A friend of mine is using them with Cobra 2204 1960KV & 6x4.5 props to good effect, he did have some desync issues to begin with, but they were solvable by messing with the blheli 14 settings.

For me it's always KISS all the way, but refleks may not want them if he's new to quads and stuff.

Arrest that ass! fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 4, 2015

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Picking out bits for my first FPV setup. Any reason to go with a 600mW over a 200mW 5.8 TX? I'm imagining that the 200 would mean better battery life which may be useful for learning, but then 600 would be better range though I'm not sure how far I'll be going in the immediate future. The price difference is only $20 and realistically I'll be happy to upgrade later for a minimal price, so I'm leaning towards the 200mW but I'm open to suggestions.

Are there any big differences between brands or will most TX be equivalent? I'm probably going to stick to MyRCMart.com or any of the Canadian retailers for now since their shipping has been better to Canada than HobbyKing (at the cheapest tier, at any rate). Still have to pick an RX, display, and antennas (to replace the stock dipoles), but I'm trying to concentrate on one bit at a time.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Picking out bits for my first FPV setup. Any reason to go with a 600mW over a 200mW 5.8 TX? I'm imagining that the 200 would mean better battery life which may be useful for learning, but then 600 would be better range though I'm not sure how far I'll be going in the immediate future. The price difference is only $20 and realistically I'll be happy to upgrade later for a minimal price, so I'm leaning towards the 200mW but I'm open to suggestions.

Are there any big differences between brands or will most TX be equivalent? I'm probably going to stick to MyRCMart.com or any of the Canadian retailers for now since their shipping has been better to Canada than HobbyKing (at the cheapest tier, at any rate). Still have to pick an RX, display, and antennas (to replace the stock dipoles), but I'm trying to concentrate on one bit at a time.

600mW is illegal to fly with if you don't have a RC licence. It's main advantage is that it's got a slightly further reach, but if you're ever caught flying one of these by the FAA/FCC/whatever ... you're going to get fined. And possibly jailed.

In saying that, I fly 600mW without a RC licence, just like a lot of others do. I'm fully aware of the consequences though.

I use immersionRC as my FPV TX/RX, and it's pretty good. Can't comment on other brands though.

I do know that you can't mix some brands because the channel spacing isn't exact, so you'll be flying with sub-standard signal & range.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Popular-Vietnamese-Sandwich-Shop-Catches-Fire--320715941.html

quote:

When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames pouring from the business. Drones soon started flying above, and while they did not interfere in the firefighting efforts, officials were concerned about them. The SDFD tweeted a request for their operators to stop.

this seems to be coming up more and more these days

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ive been reading the Phantom 3 manuals, and I noticed a warning about not turning off the engines mid-flight.

I'm pretty amazed that the firmware even allows that. The device knows when it is airborne, so it seems it should ignore commands to turn off the engines until after landing. Or at least require a command that's slightly more complex than the regular one...

Are there any scenarios where you would want to do something like that?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

enraged_camel posted:

Ive been reading the Phantom 3 manuals, and I noticed a warning about not turning off the engines mid-flight.

I'm pretty amazed that the firmware even allows that. The device knows when it is airborne, so it seems it should ignore commands to turn off the engines until after landing. Or at least require a command that's slightly more complex than the regular one...

Are there any scenarios where you would want to do something like that?

Quadcopter hurtling towards the string somehow keeping a box of babies aloft? I can think of more serious reasons ("airborne" sensor malfunction could cause inordinate issues for example) but it probably just makes sense to allow it and warn against doing it.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

There is literally no reason in this day and age to be running a kk on a 250 quad.

A friend of mine is using them with Cobra 2204 1960KV & 6x4.5 props to good effect, he did have some desync issues to begin with, but they were solvable by messing with the blheli 14 settings.

For me it's always KISS all the way, but refleks may not want them if he's new to quads and stuff.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. I don't have a particular reason for using the KK other than seeing it mentioned as an easy way into quads. I'm open to another suggestions, but I'm in Denmark which kinda puts a damper on some of the shops I can use without paying out the nose.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Odette posted:

600mW is illegal to fly with if you don't have a RC licence. It's main advantage is that it's got a slightly further reach, but if you're ever caught flying one of these by the FAA/FCC/whatever ... you're going to get fined. And possibly jailed.

In saying that, I fly 600mW without a RC licence, just like a lot of others do. I'm fully aware of the consequences though.

I use immersionRC as my FPV TX/RX, and it's pretty good. Can't comment on other brands though.

I do know that you can't mix some brands because the channel spacing isn't exact, so you'll be flying with sub-standard signal & range.

Ahh, good stuff. I wasn't aware of the legal limitation so I'll check to see what the Canadian equivalent is.

That being the case, is there any point in going to 600 vs 200 other than "investing in the future"? I'm thinking I'll just start with a 200 and throw in a new 600 when/if I get to that point. It sounds like you can milk the 200mw for quite a lot of range anyway. Not sure what the benefit of a 600 would be. Does it penetrate objects better? I'm likely to start out flying in open fields but I'd like to not have to worry about trees and such killing my signal.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks to the inverse-square law, 600mW doesn't mean triple the range. So be aware of that.

--edit: Also, any reason why the OpenPilot Revo isn't available anywhere?

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 5, 2015

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Is there any particular reason for this?

Sorry, I'm new to all this. I'm playing around learning to fly with a cheap SYMA X1.

I've read a bunch of reviews on the KK and people seem to rave about it.

I hear people talking about Pixhawk and Naze and CC3D a bunch of other things, there seem to be so many options for flight controllers, and I'm not sure what all the differences are, so I wasn't sure what your reasoning was.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

Thanks to the inverse-square law, 600mW doesn't mean triple the range. So be aware of that.

Oh yeah for sure. I'm not really terribly fussed about range. I'm going to want to race this thing, not fly it to the next town and back (yet). I'm more curious about whether more mW means less fuzzy dropouts behind trees and walls.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

refleks posted:

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. I don't have a particular reason for using the KK other than seeing it mentioned as an easy way into quads. I'm open to another suggestions, but I'm in Denmark which kinda puts a damper on some of the shops I can use without paying out the nose.

the KK is usually fine, though I've heard its less than ideal for small quads (david windestål talked about finally getting into naze32 on a podcast a few weeks ago, partially in prep of designing some mini tricopters).

There is a lot of shops selling naze32 or a clone of it, in many (most?) regions; hopefully one of them has reasonable shipping to denmark.

Martytoof posted:

Oh yeah for sure. I'm not really terribly fussed about range. I'm going to want to race this thing, not fly it to the next town and back (yet). I'm more curious about whether more mW means less fuzzy dropouts behind trees and walls.

your rx antennae can be a better point of optimization in this regard. Helical and patch are good options, especially in a diversity setup w/ a cloverleaf. If you're going to race, that implies there are other people in the area doing fpv as well, and you don't want to be the dick stomping on other people's feeds with 600mw

http://www.getfpv.com/fpv.html?cat=49&frequency=141

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 5, 2015

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Combat Pretzel posted:

IIRC...

Openpilot's hardware has always been impossible to buy because the people manufacturing it are relatively incompetent and think that their customer base is willing to sit on a 2+ year waiting list for the chance to buy their poo poo. The reality is that people said "gently caress that noise" and shipped off a handful of finished boards to TaoBao for cloning. Que the whiny baby tantrum-throwing fit from the main guy behind OpenPilot who takes his ball and goes home, loving over all the community dev contributors. Said community decides to take their remaining code base and starts Tau Labs. Tau Labs is basically, "we'll write the software, but you're on your own for hardware" and figures that board makers will fork Tau and keep up with patches for whatever-board-of-the-day they want to sell.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got to take my tricopter to my friend's cottage and had a few successful flights. It flew and my friends thought it was pretty fast but I knew better. It was really sluggish and almost hit the ground a few times due to lack of immediate thrust.

3100kv 1306 motors and 5 inch props were making the motors very hot as well, heating up the bolts making me have to retighten everything when I landed because I printed the frame parts in PLA and they would deform from the heat. The motors never got that hot on the Morphite with 4 inch props.

Soooo when I got home I made a new frame. That's the old one on the right, everything there weighs 124 grams. That's just the printed plastic, carbon arms, servo and spacers. no motors or electronics or wiring.

That new one on the left though? That entire thing, frame, motors, controller, EVERYTHING weighs 137 grams. Takes off with much more punch than before, probably because the motors can whip those props around faster.

:3

Tricopters are loving sweet. I want to make one that flies in reverse, so the two are at the back and the yaw turns at the front. Make it look like a spaceship.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

pzy posted:

I updated out of the box earlier and it was pretty easy, actually. I can't find anything about this most recent update.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Ahh, good stuff. I wasn't aware of the legal limitation so I'll check to see what the Canadian equivalent is.

If your on 5.8GHZ, I think its supposed to be limited to 25mW before your supposed to have a HAM radio license. For racing, that honestly would likely be fine, and could mean a smaller VTx. Power helps, but the antenna's, wiring, and keeping electrical noise down are far more important. I'm using an AOMWAY 200mW 5.8 Vtx, with a cloverleaf and Skew planar, and getting over 1Km in any direction around me. Most racers go 25-100m.

Most of FPV stuff I've been ordering from Surveilzone. Free shipping, good prices, and reasonably quick too.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 5, 2015

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

metavisual posted:

Sorry, I'm new to all this. I'm playing around learning to fly with a cheap SYMA X1.

I hear people talking about Pixhawk and Naze and CC3D a bunch of other things, there seem to be so many options for flight controllers, and I'm not sure what all the differences are, so I wasn't sure what your reasoning was.

The KK is a great board and in my experience superior to the CC3D boards for beginners. All of the configuration can be done using the buttons on the board itself instead of having to hook up to a laptop to make minor adjustments, which you'll be doing a lot of at the start. It's great for learning how to fly without spending $100+ on a controller with GPS etc.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

mintskoal posted:

The KK is a great board and in my experience superior to the CC3D boards for beginners. All of the configuration can be done using the buttons on the board itself instead of having to hook up to a laptop to make minor adjustments, which you'll be doing a lot of at the start. It's great for learning how to fly without spending $100+ on a controller with GPS etc.

This. Being able to tune from the board is amazing, and I genuinely miss it. You'll move past the KK board, but it's a GREAT starter board.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Flying with a 250 on open fields in wind is a loving pain in the rear end.

CrazyLittle posted:

IIRC...

Openpilot's hardware has always been impossible to buy because the people manufacturing it are relatively incompetent and think that their customer base is willing to sit on a 2+ year waiting list for the chance to buy their poo poo. The reality is that people said "gently caress that noise" and shipped off a handful of finished boards to TaoBao for cloning. Que the whiny baby tantrum-throwing fit from the main guy behind OpenPilot who takes his ball and goes home, loving over all the community dev contributors. Said community decides to take their remaining code base and starts Tau Labs. Tau Labs is basically, "we'll write the software, but you're on your own for hardware" and figures that board makers will fork Tau and keep up with patches for whatever-board-of-the-day they want to sell.
Jeeeeeesus Christ. I think I look elsewhere for a kitchen sink FC. I kinda liked the OpenPilot GCS.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Combat Pretzel posted:

Flying with a 250 on open fields in wind is a loving pain in the rear end.

Jeeeeeesus Christ. I think I look elsewhere for a kitchen sink FC. I kinda liked the OpenPilot GCS.

That's the thing - You can buy CC3D boards loving ANYWHERE but they're all clones. The only people really screwed by their decisions were themselves it seems.

I just wish GCS had a "Multiwii" mode with proper PID values and not their own weirdo interpretation. Even the numbers in the advanced sections are screwy. They work fine, but I just want to use Multiwii/Cleanflight PID values.

EDIT: I dropped my OrangeRX and broke off the ONE switch I need to use, the one that controls flight modes. It is the only switch on the unit with 3 positions so I cannot simply take a switch from somewhere else on the thing. I really want to replace it with a Devo6 but it is hard as hell to find anywhere that sells them. I really like the size of the Devo6. I can find Devo7's easily but they are the same size as the OrangeRX and I want to move down a bit.

Any good sources on them? Or any smaller DSM2 compatible Transmitters?

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 5, 2015

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Go with naze32 + mwosd and then you can tune all your parameters on your video feed using the transmitter. I don't see any point buying a KK2 any more. There are so many people using baseflight and cleanflight it is very easy to get help with them and in my experience they require a hell of a lot less fiddling to get setup well compared to KK2.

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

Martytoof posted:

The battery life difference will be negiligable between 600mW and 200mW. 200 works fine, but 600 will help with penetration if you're flying around trees etc.

refleks posted:

metavisual posted:

The KK board is old and pretty simplistic, yes it's easy to set up but you will outgrow it super quick on an FPV miniquad, also the mounting on 99% of frames is not made for its form factor. Get a Naze32 (not a CC3D!) or even better one of the newer F3 boards like the Dodo or SPRF3 and run cleanflight on them, it will see you through for the life of the quad. There's a reason why almost no one runs KK boards any more and it's because it has been surpassed in every way.

Refleks: It's worth paying a little extra for decent hardware, shipping shouldn't be too much from a UK or EU retailer.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The KK board is old and pretty simplistic, yes it's easy to set up but you will outgrow it super quick on an FPV miniquad, also the mounting on 99% of frames is not made for its form factor. Get a Naze32 (not a CC3D!) or even better one of the newer F3 boards like the Dodo or SPRF3 and run cleanflight on them, it will see you through for the life of the quad. There's a reason why almost no one runs KK boards any more and it's because it has been surpassed in every way.

Refleks: It's worth paying a little extra for decent hardware, shipping shouldn't be too much from a UK or EU retailer.

Thanks, I had been eyeing the Naze, but I'm digging through Danish suppliers to see if any of them have it. I don't mind paying extra, and it is usually not a problem within the EU or UK. Just don't want to deal with taxes and imports from overseas shipments, its a pain in the rear end.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Any reason to go with Naze over CC3D for CleanFlight?

My kit came with a KK, then I picked up a CC3D to replace it cause I wanted to try cleanflight, but now I'm hearing that things aren't awesome on the CC3D platform?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Martytoof posted:

Any reason to go with Naze over CC3D for CleanFlight?

My kit came with a KK, then I picked up a CC3D to replace it cause I wanted to try cleanflight, but now I'm hearing that things aren't awesome on the CC3D platform?
If you're using Cleanflight never use a CC3D board, use the board made to work with CF. I have installed Cleanflight on one of my CC3D boards but got annoyed when I remembered my motors were now wired wrong and changed back. Then I learned it only supports 5 channel Rx, and no PPM. Maybe they fixed that now but at the time there were a bunch of weird things wrong with it. CC3D uses software called OpenPilot GCS instead of Cleanflight and it honestly isn't too bad, but it is a bit bloated.

OpenPilot GCS is annoying because the PID values that every other flight controller get turned into something weird on GCS, so you sort of have to guess at things. Since I like my mini quads and everyone else who makes minis tend to use Cleanflight I can't just pop in their PID numbers and fly. It's very user-friendly if you've never used a quad before and I really like the FC setup/Tx setup wizards. I don't use GPS or telemetry or servo gimbals or anything like that but it seems to have support for it all.

If you've never used another controller before you will like CC3D just fine, but if you come from anything else it will probably seem weird. Also I can't get custom motor mixes working, clicking "CUSTOM" doesn't let me change any of the values and I am MAD AS HECK about that. I was also under the impression that CC3D boards were generally sort of mushy and unresponsive but putting my flight modes to RATTITUDE changed all that, I can fly my CC3D boards like a Naze now. My AfroNaze is probably the best FC I own though.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
DJI support trip report: Shipped the unit to them around 8 June, unit arrived at their facility on 18 June. Received the invoice for repairs made today, 5 August. I assume I'll have the unit back in a week or so more. Total time about two months.

Don't break your Phantoms.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Elendil004 posted:

I updated out of the box earlier and it was pretty easy, actually. I can't find anything about this most recent update.

It worked for me with no issues other than the gimbal getting very hot and making a strange squeaky noise continuously even long after the firmware apparently was completed. You only get a confirmation that it is done by the little faint red/green camera status light turning solid green. After that I updated the RC firmware and the battery firmwares. You have to remove the .bin firmware file from the camera SD card when you're all done and all your batteries are updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I've got a hubsan x4 and am looking to put a camera on it, and maybe tinker with other bits; is there a beginner's guide you guys would recommend for someone just starting off? Sorry if I've missed an obvious answer, I had a quick check of the OP and last few pages.