Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who would you aim for? I think Dez is going to only get better as the chemistry with Dak improves or Romo comes back but I think Davante Adams is making Cobb less viable. Maybe Cobb and Jones for Hilton? Too much?

Yeah I'm not sure what to do there. Maybe do a 2 for 1 like above and then grab Pitta or someone off the WW.

Orange Julius may be someone's TE2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Cervixalot posted:

Just curious, but why would you consider him on the level of a DeAngelo or Ware? Both of those guys are extremely talented RBs in great situations that have shown they can produce RB1 weeks.

JStew has missed a good amount of time over the past few seasons, and it always seems to be a morass of an RBBC with a mix of Whittaker, Tolbert and CAP with nobody startable.

Yeah, after going back and looking at just how well DWill and Ware have produced, it's probably not fair to put Fozzy on that level. But I think his usage should be considered the same, just on an RB2 level rather than an RB1 level like those guys.

E: Also, I think this week we were shown that Carolina has rethought their original plan of the backup RBBC, instead featuring Fozzy in a more singular role than before. Didn't see ANY of CAP, and Tolbert saw just about as much action as he sees with J Stew in.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who would you aim for? I think Dez is going to only get better as the chemistry with Dak improves or Romo comes back but I think Davante Adams is making Cobb less viable. Maybe Cobb and Jones for Hilton? Too much?

Yeah I'm not sure what to do there. Maybe do a 2 for 1 like above and then grab Pitta or someone off the WW.

See if the ARob owner is panicking after two less than stellar performances. The target volume is there (he had 15 targets week one, #1 in the NFL), and he drew Jason Verette this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cervixalot posted:

See if the ARob owner is panicking after two less than stellar performances. The target volume is there (he had 15 targets week one, #1 in the NFL), and he drew Jason Verette this week.

ARob owner is MY WIFE so I guess it's worth a shot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cleveland will be starting their third string guy next week. Time to bail on Barnidge.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe the third stringer will actually throw passes at barnidge, you think of that?

I never understood why he was so highly rated, he's like 30 and last year was the literal only time he's ever done anything

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Part of me is wondering if keeping Brady as the ultimate insurance policy for Newton isn't a terrible idea, but then I remembered this is a 10 team league and QBs are dumb.

Azhais posted:

Maybe the third stringer will actually throw passes at barnidge, you think of that?

I never understood why he was so highly rated, he's like 30 and last year was the literal only time he's ever done anything

In my case he was the 10th TE drafted and Gates was taken right before him. At this point the only part of the Factory of Sadness I want any part of is the running game.

I wonder if trading Jones to the Gates owner would be viable.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's Week 3 and the Browns are already on their third QB

They didn't waste any time going Full Browns this season

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Josh Gordon will feast upon the inaccurate throws of whichever lowly quarterback is starting. :getin:

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!

Prophecy120 posted:

Funny because before the Woodhead injury people said getting Landry for Gordon in a PPR league was theft. Fantasy Football :v:

I just traded Melvin Gordon for AJ Green straight up and here I am wondering if I made the right call :v:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm debating sending an offer to someone in my league
Dynasty, 10 team, 5. ppr for WR, .75 RB

I give

Demaryius Thomas
Spencer Ware

My ask

Dez Bryant
2017 1st round rookie pick.

I'd be giving up too much tho wouldn't I?

My current roster:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Need 21.2 points from Langford tonight in .5ppr... It could happen? :(

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm debating sending an offer to someone in my league
Dynasty, 10 team, 5. ppr for WR, .75 RB

I give

Demaryius Thomas
Spencer Ware

My ask

Dez Bryant
2017 1st round rookie pick.

I'd be giving up too much tho wouldn't I?

My current roster:

Unless the guy you're trading with is really high on DT, or has been specifically trying to trade for him, you're going to have a hard time trading him for Dez without adding on your side.

I would think DT + Ware may be able to get you Dez, maybe plus a little something else if they are the Charles owner or you get lucky, but you'd be robbing the guy if you got a 2017 1st on top.

Dez > Demaryius
2017 1st round pick > Ware

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Unless the guy you're trading with is really high on DT, or has been specifically trying to trade for him, you're going to have a hard time trading him for Dez without adding on your side.

I would think DT + Ware may be able to get you Dez, maybe plus a little something else if they are the Charles owner or you get lucky, but you'd be robbing the guy if you got a 2017 1st on top.

Dez > Demaryius

Completely agreed. That'd be a decently lopsided deal in your favor.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Dez > Demaryius

Thanks, you're right he is the Charles owner, and I must have on rosy glasses for thinking I was paying too much. Not always the best at objectively valuing my own offers.

It is a bit of a buy low on Dez play (probably won't work since he's a Cowboy homer).

Texibus
May 18, 2008
In a 12 man .5 PPR league. Asking for A. Robinson (Jax) & Rawls Giving: Fitz and Gore?

The other guys team is super banged up after this week, hoping to get an under performing stud before he pops off.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks, you're right he is the Charles owner, and I must have on rosy glasses for thinking I was paying too much. Not always the best at objectively valuing my own offers.

It is a bit of a buy low on Dez play (probably won't work since he's a Cowboy homer).

You're not alone - I also have a really hard time looking objectively at potential trade offers, as it's really easy to overvalue your own players. That's why this thread is awesome for gut check trade offer discussions like this.

This thread has helped me come back down to earth many times. See for example, last week when I was thinking of offering Maclin + Melvin Gordon for Charles.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Allen Robinson owner in my league (non-ppr) wants to move him. He's looking for a RB. Is Charles for Robinson giving up too much (He owns Ware).

My team:

QB- Eli
RB- Charles, Anderson, Mathews, Hyde
WR- Hopkins, Watkins, Shepard, J Brown, J Gordon, M Thomas
TE- Gronk, Allen

Should I offer Charles straight up? Maybe a package of Watkins+Hyde? Thoughts?

(Standard scoring QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Prophecy120 posted:

Need 21.2 points from Langford tonight in .5ppr... It could happen? :(

I need him to get over 17 in standard! :( :hf: :(

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Kind of a strange problem. In a league that rewards defenses for 3 and outs, my friend is currently up by 0.9 points. At least, that's what it says in Yahoo's main FF page. But in the stat tracker, it lists him as losing by 0.1. The difference appears to be that the Stat Tracker lists the Minnesota Vikings as getting only 2 "3 and outs", but the main team page lists 3. Does anyone know where I can look up how many they actually received? I've been trying Google, but can't find that very specific stat.

It's possible a stat correction is about to lose him the game, but he'd like to know soon.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RCarr posted:

The Allen Robinson owner in my league (non-ppr) wants to move him. He's looking for a RB. Is Charles for Robinson giving up too much (He owns Ware).

My team:

QB- Eli
RB- Charles, Anderson, Mathews, Hyde
WR- Hopkins, Watkins, Shepard, J Brown, J Gordon, M Thomas
TE- Gronk, Allen

Should I offer Charles straight up? Maybe a package of Watkins+Hyde? Thoughts?

(Standard scoring QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE)

Charles for ARob is not too much, I'd make that offer before Charles takes the field in case he returns and is part of an RBBC.

Good luck selling Watkins or Hyde after this week's performances.

:siren: Also, Woodhead confirmed ACL tear. :siren:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Melvin Gordon owners rejoice.

I mean, I can only assume. :/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Torn meniscus for AP according to Zimmer according to Sleeperbot

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Man, the injuries on the Bolts are starting to add up. I decided to roll with Rivers as my starting QB in my main money league, but I don't think he can keep it up when he's losing so many key pieces. They don't play the Jags every week.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
E: beaten like one of my fantasy teams on the AP news.

Torn meniscus seems like the kind of injury that would require surgery.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

Melvin Gordon owners rejoice.

I mean, I can only assume. :/

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/777936600676392960

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zimmer said on the radio that Peterson could play this week lol

He's probably just going to sit until after the bye week.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
The details are kind of fuzzy, but I remember from the preseason when Stevie Johnson tore his meniscus that it sounded like it is possible to rehab without surgery, and that's actually the better option from the player's actual health point of view, but it has a longer recovery time. Surgery can result in a quicker overall recover but there were two types of surgery that they could do, one with a recovery time of, I want to say, 3-6 weeks and the other a season-ender. Trying to actually dig up the source from when this happened to Johnson.

E: I can't find the specifics, but here's a good run-down from the doc himself.

Dr. Jene Bramel posted:

Meniscal tears can be repaired (usually when the injury is to the thicker part of the meniscus at the outside of the joint) or the torn fragment can be removed or trimmed. To prevent damage to the articular cartilage and its associated high risk of arthritis, standard of care is to repair or preserve as much of the meniscus as possible. Players who have meniscal fragments removed can return to play much more quickly (one to two weeks) than those who have their meniscus repaired (six weeks and often longer).

So if it really is a meniscus tear, sounds like Peterson will be taking a minimum of 1-2 weeks off.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 19, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cervixalot posted:

:siren: Also, Woodhead confirmed ACL tear. :siren:

Spoeank posted:

Torn meniscus for AP according to Zimmer according to Sleeperbot

:suicide:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Welp, at least I've got Sims and Riddick on my bench.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You think offering Matt Jones to the AP owner for Antonio Gates is a terrible idea?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You think offering Matt Jones to the AP owner for Antonio Gates is a terrible idea?

It's not terrible. Probably won't get accepted though.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I forgot Asiata was the better fantasy producer over McKinnon.

Perhaps I picked up the wrong handcuff..

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Danny :(

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

89 posted:

I forgot Asiata was the better fantasy producer over McKinnon.

Perhaps I picked up the wrong handcuff..

McKinnon is an athletic freak who compares to Ladanian Tomlinson in terms of combine metrics, and has the ability to break big plays in space. He showed strong towards the end of last year, and has looked good in his limited playing time.

Asiata is basically a plodding fullback that once per season, will get you a 3-4 TD game when he falls over into the endzone over and over, and otherwise carry the ball 15 times a game for 10 yards.

McKinnon is the preferred pickup and has league winning upside if things fall right. But he's also one of those superhype SPARQ score guys a la CMike, which means he'll be pumped up all week and cost a hefty amount of waiver bucks to pick up.

Asiata is bad, but a good value pickup in case MIN decides to maddeningly give him a ton of carries, but good luck figuring out how to luck into that 4 TD game.

Edit: AP may be back sooner rather than later anyways, so if anything, leveraging one of the above guys in a trade with the AP owner or another RB starved owner is probably the best bet.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

This is the week I go to the top of the waiver priority list. Tempting targets for a week or 3 but no longer term solutions imo.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Davante Parker is on waivers in my league (It's me, I'm the guy that dropped him), seems like he would be worth throwing down 30% of your bank roll if you are WR-needy, yes or no?

E: Realistically, there are so many other Top Waiver Priorities that will be flying around this week that I could probably grab Parker for less, but based on the last few weeks of last season and what we saw yesterday, he seems worth spending extra on to make sure I get him.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
So I got offered Todd Gurley and Navorro Bowman for Devonta Freeman and Luke Kuechly. This is a no brainer, right? Yeah the rams O is one dimensional and bad, but Freeman is losing ground to Coleman pretty steadily.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yes I would mash that.

What we've seen from Gurley the last two weeks is his absolute floor, and the schedule will ease up for the Rams going forward. Meanwhile Freeman is definitely losing ground in Atlanta and is figuring to finish the season as an RB2, and I don't think that Kuechly to Bowman is too much of a downgrade unless your scoring gives huge bonuses for interceptions or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

commish posted:

This is the week I go to the top of the waiver priority list. Tempting targets for a week or 3 but no longer term solutions imo.

Yeah I'm excited to shoot up the priority list.

• Locked thread