Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malkof posted:

Fun part of coming back from months off is all the time and effort I've put in (like Poggle and Dooku) are balls terrible.

Last guild I was in took days to clear tier 6 Rancor and a week for tier 6 tank. I'm behind on everything, hopefully now that I'm a goon guild I can start getting over this gear hump VIII I'm stuck in.

They turbo-nerfed Tank and now guilds that couldn't complete it in a week + are beating it in an afternoon.

Holy poo poo that was so poorly balanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear
So what is a good way to deal with teams with zeta QGJ? Seems like they have evasion all the time. Just had one for a final GW fight and it didn't go that well.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mumur posted:

So what is a good way to deal with teams with zeta QGJ? Seems like they have evasion all the time. Just had one for a final GW fight and it didn't go that well.

I've never fought one, but offhand I'd suggest B2. You can't get foresight if you're buff blocked.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I've never fought one, but offhand I'd suggest B2. You can't get foresight if you're buff blocked.

Yeah, Boba + tfp to clear the foresight then land BI will help a lot, B2 is another great option, Boba and Vader both have unavoidable moves. It is pretty rough though.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

I collected arena rank 5 rewards today. This is so much better than I ever thought I would have a chance to do, I even held rank 2 for a few minutes.

It seemed as though the rank 2 user I beat had a nifty strat to hold their position. After they beat me and knocked be back to rank 5, I went for a fight in the last 5-6 minutes before the payout, and it kept saying, "this user is already in a battle"

I'm thinking if I can have the rank I want in that final 5 minute window, I just start a new fight and do nothing until the timer runs out, which would prevent other users from attempting to take my rank. Pretty interesting strat.

I know if I don't continue focusing my resources on the arena team I'll drop, but I have the desire to build teams that right now I've invested 0 in. Such as ewok or jawa/droid teams, and things to get more damage on raids. After vastly exceeding my arena goals I feel the game has opened up to me a bit. That being said, if I don't try my best to get some more gear IXs then top 5 will not last.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Danzel Glovington posted:

I collected arena rank 5 rewards today. This is so much better than I ever thought I would have a chance to do, I even held rank 2 for a few minutes.

It seemed as though the rank 2 user I beat had a nifty strat to hold their position. After they beat me and knocked be back to rank 5, I went for a fight in the last 5-6 minutes before the payout, and it kept saying, "this user is already in a battle"

I'm thinking if I can have the rank I want in that final 5 minute window, I just start a new fight and do nothing until the timer runs out, which would prevent other users from attempting to take my rank. Pretty interesting strat.

I know if I don't continue focusing my resources on the arena team I'll drop, but I have the desire to build teams that right now I've invested 0 in. Such as ewok or jawa/droid teams, and things to get more damage on raids. After vastly exceeding my arena goals I feel the game has opened up to me a bit. That being said, if I don't try my best to get some more gear IXs then top 5 will not last.

Yes, you should absolutely do that. Counter sniping is a time honored tradition.

Keep plugging away at arenas and use your excess crystals to buy gear from the shop.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Building side teams has kept me in the game. Vader and tarkin never did anything for me but it was fun building them. Now tarkin is putting in work and vader will probably be my first zeta leader. Hell, I had Biggs at 7* before wedge was farmable or boba fett back since forever.

Top rank is awesome, but having fun is better. It's very rewarding to see a long term investment/side project become the top tier in arena.

I just max leveled my g8 sidious. He'll be my second zeta.

I manage to hit rank 45 and that pays for refreshes. I don't care to try and go higher.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Chilichimp posted:

Yes, you should absolutely do that. Counter sniping is a time honored tradition.

Keep plugging away at arenas and use your excess crystals to buy gear from the shop.

oh great idea, one 1200 crystal purchase from the shipments could save me thousands of normal mode battles going for things like stun cuffs, and can also earn me some raid only gear.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hey, we (TI Foxtrot) are in the process of moving to a new guild, so we've been stocking up on tickets (in the new guild). As part of this, we've also launched a T6 Rancor, in a guild full of alts. We're clearing max Rancors this week and planning to move next, so if any of our mains jump, we'll miss out on a T7 Rancor. If you want to jump over and clear this T6, hit me up on 375-993-185. If you hit it, then leave the guild, I don't know if you'll get rewards and we're in P1 (~50%), so you should probably either bring 3-4 people, or be able to clear it on your own.

P.S. In case you're wondering, our current reset is 6:30 AM EST, and our officers hate it. Plus it lets us max our AAT tickets and get some extra runs in that way.

P.P.S. If you make an alt guild, and get about 20 people to staff it, you can generate ~10k tickets per day, each person just needs to log in twice per day (around noon and 9pm) and spend a couple minutes -- after the initial 30 minutes to an hour startup time. You can then move everyone over to do a raid once a week to clear extra raids. Requires way too much work (IMO), but it can work.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 31, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I am tempted to zeta QGJ and go back to a full Jedi team but without GK that is equal to arena suicide, innit?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Would RG be better than STH in P1 Rancor? How much potency would I need before considering the swap? I'm using Wedge lead and have my STH at a higher gear level than RG.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Can an igd officer kick off the rancor? We're due for an evening damage one.

Edit: started. 8pm pacific damage phase, same as tank

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 31, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Can an igd officer kick off the rancor? We're due for an evening damage one.

Edit: started. 8pm pacific damage phase, same as tank

Man, we gotta stop starting those at the same time.

Boozie posted:

Would RG be better than STH in P1 Rancor? How much potency would I need before considering the swap? I'm using Wedge lead and have my STH at a higher gear level than RG.

Because he brings turn meter fucker, yes, he is a good pick-up. But you also want a toon who can slow, so I suggest Phasma in squad somewhere.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Man, we gotta stop starting those at the same time.

Next rancor should be on thursday, and next tank on friday, based on currency levels.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
What's best kind of team for P4 Rancor? My current guild sucks so I wanna finish him and get my top 3 reward before bailing. We've been on the same one for like 3 weeks

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

What's best kind of team for P4 Rancor? My current guild sucks so I wanna finish him and get my top 3 reward before bailing. We've been on the same one for like 3 weeks

The same kind as every other phase: Max Turn meter fuckery and slow.

outside of that, probably just a HAM strat that's ball deep DPS.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Noted. 90% to go -- the first ten was all me :shepface:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I wonder if I could solo T6 Rancor with one team...

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Crumbletron posted:

What's best kind of team for P4 Rancor?

Teebo(L), Elder, QGJ, TFP, Phasma works very well for all phases.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I wonder if I could solo T6 Rancor with one team...

You should be able to solo T7 rancor with a couple different teams, so yeah, I bet you could solo T6 with like Wiggs or something.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

You should be able to solo T7 rancor with a couple different teams, so yeah, I bet you could solo T6 with like Wiggs or something.

I seriously doubt you could solo rancor without a turn-meter fuckery team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I've had an on and off agreement with someone on the forums about not hitting during our shared payout. My new goal is to make this guy return to the forums to rage more, I'll share some of the highlights, also Cerberus = Razakor, Tyler, Azurek (he's changed his name more than a few times). Sorry for the massive post, but this guy's multiple meltdowns are worth it.

Malgrin
Oh man, that felt great, Elisar knocked Cerberus from 1st to 2nd with 2:30 remaining, and then I hit him and beat him with 15 seconds to spare, giving him a 5th place finish. I hope he comes here to rage.

Razakor
Cyrick, this is Cerberus. That was a total **** move tonight on me and Eli's payout. You dropped me in the last 5 minutes. I still dropped you back, but seriously dude? Your really starting to **** me and Eli off. Would appreciate if you and mal stop screwing with me and Eli's payout times. Both Eli and I are **** as hell. I know this because he is my best friend and we talk every day.

Malgrin
Apparently if you name it, it'll appear. We share a payout, and you've sniped me so many goddamn times I don't care.
Also, no, Cyrick dropped you like 30 minutes in advance because he was testing something. Elisar hit you from 2nd, and then I hit you from 5th. Cyrick had nothing to do with the last minute snipe. Also, you stopped showing up in this thread and have been a pretty terrible shardmate, so we stopped being nice to you. If you want to start cooperating, we'll stop hitting you at any and all times.

Razakor
Lol dude, I told eli on discord to take 1st. Both eli and I are annoyed by you. Would recommend stopping what your doing for your sake. Look at my roster, then you'll know I have plenty of gems. It's just the **** move that **** both eli and I off.

Flowbafett (TI)
Go get bent Tyler. Eli thinks you are a joke. I'll share screenshots of discord chat if you don't believe me

Razakor
im not threanting you dude. And I just talked with eli he will come here shortly. Not smart to mess around with one of the biggest whales on the server lol.
Do it show me now. Come at me me bully lol

Razakor
Nice lie dude. I dated his daughter I'm his family friend, so suck my **** mr bully

Malgrin
Razakor wrote:
im not threanting you dude
Razakor wrote:
Would recommend stopping what your doing for your sake.

Razakor
Well I'm not gonna argue all night. I came hear intially to wonder why you dropped me in my payout. Cool it's your payout to mal. Take it if you want. Like I said I have unlimited supply of gems. And my roster is pretty much complete. I'm over this high school **** bullying lolz

Razakor
If you want peace I'm glad to have it. Im sick and tired of the rage and childish behavior. Yes, I admit I raged and said **** also. But I was steaming mad. So I'm sorry for that. And that's all I have to say. I intially came here not to start war. But hey, I always finish top 3 in my payout and I have unlimited gem supply. So I can drop and lock and annoy if you all want that

Malgrin
Fantastic. Don't hit me unless we're both in the top 3 spots, and I'll treat you the same.

Razakor January 19th
After a lot of thinking and time with my girl friend talking over this. I want to apologize for coming out in a negative approach. I am sorry for the things I said, I struggle with anger. I hope we all can be friends, and put what happened in the past. Flow, mal, cyrick, I hope we can move on, and again I'm sorry.

Malgrin January 22nd
Ok everybody, Cerberus just hit me from 6th.
Seriously man? We agreed three days ago that we weren't going to get in snipe wars anymore (after you had a total meltdown), and then you knock me from 2nd to 6th. I gave you a chance, and this is how long you were able to keep your word.

Razakor
Sorry about that Mal. Got your payout mixed up with flows. I have it written down now. Will let you get top 3. Now I have everyone's payout. Getting tired of being the bad guy. Would be cool if we could all get along

Malgrin
We talked about this last week. Did you forget that quickly that we shared a payout?

Razakor
Ya I'm sorry Mal. I'm sorry for sniping and being a ****. I just want to be in peace with you guys. We're all server buddies anyways. I lost my best friend because of my behavior and I know what I did was wrong. I just like playing and having fun. Like I said I buy my gems so I don't need to be competitive. I hope you can forgive me

Malgrin
Ok, cool, I don't care if you knock me from 1st or 2nd to 3rd, fighting out those battles is fine, but don't knock me down on the climb, or below 3rd.

Cerberus hits me 3 more times over the weekend + Tuesday
I send him a PM telling him to enjoy getting hit by myself and three other TI members on our shard, after he hits me from 5th to 8th at 5:45. I hit him at 5:50, and a TI guy hits him from 8th to 11th at 5:54, locking him into top 20.

Razakor
I dropped you from 5 to 8 with over 30 minutes to get up 3 spots, and you have 3 people lock me from your guild. At least show balls and do it your self. **** move

Flowbafett (TI)
Tyler, I think it unfair for you to call out Cyrick and me as we clearly did not hit you at your payout. The only time I hit you is if you are in my way as I am working up at my payout which is CT as a reminder.

Malgrin
Let's get the facts straight.
1) You've hit me several times in the past few days, and I didn't retaliate in any of those.
2) You hit me with 15 minutes to go.
3) With 10 minutes to go, I hit you from 5th to 8th
4) With 5 minutes to go, another TI hit you from 8th to 11th.
So basically everything you just said is a lie. /golfclap.

Razakor
Why do you call me Tyler ? Does that make you feel superior? Mal told me he had 3 people lock me. One was valdul, other had to be one of you. No other team instinct players on shard
You won't make me lose gems. So ya, kind of pointless. I have 40k of gems. Even ask Eli, I buy vaults regularly. So your just gonna waste gems trying to rob me
"Done letting me ok" you act like your a challenge lol. I don't have problems going through any of your teams. I get timed out on cyrick for that unlimited health deal. But I agreed to let maul have top 3. It's a competitive game, and I have spent thousands on this game, and I will not have random **** people I don't know threaten me or talk **** for getting dropped on a competitive game. I'm off the forums. Way to much stress. Like a bunch of high school kids getting butt hurt

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 1, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Goon guild sounds like fun.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

thank god I didn't join at launch

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Goon guild sounds like fun.

That's not the goon guild.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 1, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

That's not the good guild.

Oh sorry, whatever guild that is then.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Popete posted:

Lol, this is the forums, dealing with a pubbie who wanted a peaceful payout.

e: I should reword that. It's a pubbie who wanted to hit me but not have me hit him.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 1, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

What Mal said, it's pubbie forums drama.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

What Mal said, it's pubbie forums drama.

I'm just enjoying sending this guy into a rage every night when he can't attack from 10 til until payout.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That's one of those posts where every word I read that has a known meaning to me seems to have a different meaning to the people that are using the words.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

That's one of those posts where every word I read that has a known meaning to me seems to have a different meaning to the people that are using the words.

My post? Razakor/Cerberus is just a complete idiot and waste of time. I normally don't troll people, but I'm done putting up with his poo poo.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Imagine getting that upset not just over a game, but a phone game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

General Probe posted:

Imagine getting that upset not just over a game, but a phone game.

He lost his best friend over this, man.

The stakes are so hi, I swear...

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I went back and actually read that wall of dialogue and it actively makes me want uninstall this game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

He lost his best friend over this, man.

The stakes are so hi, I swear...

Popete posted:

I went back and actually read that wall of dialogue and it actively makes me want uninstall this game.

I'm just enjoying how big of a mess this guy's life is. I want to feel sorry for him, but I can't. He clearly deserves it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm just enjoying how big of a mess this guy's life is. I want to feel sorry for him, but I can't. He clearly deserves it.

Deserves what? You got in a fight over a mobile phone game with some internet guy and then "feel sorry" for him as if you're better than that, lol.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Deserves what? You got in a fight over a mobile phone game with some internet guy and then "feel sorry" for him as if you're better than that, lol.

It's almost like you didn't read that wall of text at all.

Mal got cheesed off at some scrub and stopped pulling his punches, and that guy lost his mind, his best friend, and his manhood talking it out with his "gf" who is undoubtedly also just someone he met on discord.

The layers of pathetic here are red clay vs tektonics

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Popete posted:

He spent thousands on a mobile game. When he gets hit, he explodes into a rage and starts calling people names and swearing. This is about as gripey as I get:

"Seriously man? We agreed three days ago that we weren't going to get in snipe wars anymore (after you had a total meltdown), and then you knock me from 2nd to 6th. I gave you a chance, and this is how long you were able to keep your word."

Here's Razakor
"Cyrick, this is Cerberus. That was a total **** move tonight on me and Eli's payout. You dropped me in the last 5 minutes. I still dropped you back, but seriously dude? Your really starting to **** me and Eli off. Would appreciate if you and mal stop screwing with me and Eli's payout times. Both Eli and I are **** as hell. I know this because he is my best friend and we talk every day."

Have I spent more than I want to admit on a mobile game? Sure. Have I spent even 1/10th of what he's spent? No. Do I use what I've spent to say I'm better than you? No, because I think if you've spent less in this game, you're better off for it.

Here's the other difference, I've been trying to maintain peace on our arena shard over on the other forum. When we all fight over the same payout time, sniping from 6th to 2nd, we all lose. If the top 3 people in a payout time work together to get to top 3, instead of sniping, everyone wins. You get more crystals day to day and you spend less day to day. Putting a little bit of effort into helping organize people over there means I can care less when payout rolls around.

So yes, I want to feel sorry for him for whatever got him to this point in life. Maybe he has a ton of money but is incredibly unhappy, I don't know, but he has some pretty serious rage issues over a mobile game. I got upset, sure, and it's a mobile game, so whatever. I was hoping that I could hit top 5 sometime between 4:30 and 5:30 and not care what happens in the last few minutes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Do people actually get on discord channels well playing this auto-sim game? I log in for like 5-10 minutes and then run out of stuff to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Popete posted:

Do people actually get on discord channels well playing this auto-sim game? I log in for like 5-10 minutes and then run out of stuff to do.

There are levels of insanity to this game that you can't even imagine.

I don't mean this in a pejorative way towards you. I mean, people are absolutely batshit crazy when it comes to this game, and I've witnessed a lot of it.

Also, I acknowledge that I'm slightly unhealthily addicted to this game. Fortunately, I also have that in check when it comes to the spending side. I stopped spending a long time ago, a big part in thanks to Chilichimp here, resumed briefly for a little while through a couple gift cards (and it was hard not to spend real money once those ran out -- was mostly buying the monthly crystals pack). I realize this is a lovely mobile game that isn't actually all that fun, but for whatever reason I love it in a completely irrational way. It fills an addictive niche that I have (I'm easily addicted to things), while not actually being a terribly dangerous addiction.

New update, including Darth Nihilus

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/90240/game-update-2-1-2017/p1?new=1

nvm, we don't get Nihilus yet, but he's coming this month I guess. We do get a reworked Kylo Ren though.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 2, 2017