Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
People figured out how to get Jill, apparently?

You have to have Ange finish off all the Diamond Rose Knights when they appear, always leaving Salia for last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blockhouse posted:

You have to have Ange finish off all the Diamond Rose Knights when they appear, always leaving Salia for last

Not unless she's one of the "second playthrough secrets are free" type. I got her this playthrough, and I had Vivian beat Ersha first time they showed up.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Blockhouse posted:

I got Jill and I only had Ange ever finish off Salia on every map she showed up besides the one with Jill. I had Jill finish of Salia on that level. Also I took out Chris with Rosalie (Hilda contributed) every time and Ersha with Vivian.

I had over 300 kills with Cross Ange characters (Ange, Hilda, Rosalie, and Chris were all Aces).

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I got Jill and I only had Ange ever finish off Salia on every map she showed up besides the one with Jill. I had Jill finish of Salia on that level. Also I took out Chris with Rosalie (Hilda contributed) every time and Ersha with Vivian.

I had over 300 kills with Cross Ange characters (Ange, Hilda, Rosalie, and Chris were all Aces).

Poor Salia. 300 kills across the series, but she still can't get Aced.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Given that the perfect guide apparently comes out today we should have all the secrets spelled out soon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

going by what other people said, it's probably 'cross ange characters' finish off all the diamond rose knights. Except maybe Tusk.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Supremezero posted:

Poor Salia. 300 kills across the series, but she still can't get Aced.

:(

Well, they took her away from me at one point.

I was focusing on Rosalie, Chris and Hilda for the most part. I didn't even use Ange that much prior to some route splits.

She is almost an ace, though! I have been using her since she returned. Though she will probably be shelved when she gets aced. Too many characters I want to use, not enough deployment spots.

Edit: I got her aced.

Endorph posted:

going by what other people said, it's probably 'cross ange characters' finish off all the diamond rose knights. Except maybe Tusk.

I don't recall, but I am pretty sure I had Amuro take out one of them on the level with the colony drop.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 31, 2017

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm up to the Scenario 28 with the route split and it feels like the game isn't throwing as many enemies as other SRW games. 15 units to deploy seems low given the amount of heroes they throw at you. I also managed to get Bonta in the secret scenario but didn't have any FMP character aced and only had Sousuke take out Gauron in that one mission.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://twitter.com/sasuraiger/status/847596562230411264

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Utterly Brilliant.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bakayanagi on GameFAQs posted:

I just received my copy of perfect bible. Will try to take the time to list down the secrets starting from shorter one, I apologize for any mistranslation :

Melda early recruitment (Chapter 28A):
- Chapter 8A/8B : Kill at least one enemy with Melda (cannot use support attack)
- Chapter 28A : Shot down Melda with Yamamoto Akira.

Black Mightgaine:
- Chapter 17A : Clear the chapter with Maito, Tribomber and Guard Driver having a total score of at least 60.
- Chapter 17B : Clear the chapter with Maito, Tribomber and Guard Driver having a total score of at least 50.

Bonta-kun early recruitment with additional attack:
- Chapter 27 : Clear the chapter with Sousuke having score of at least 40 Plus total score of FMP crew (all 5 of them) having a total score of at least 100.

Koucho survive and joining (event only)
- Chapter 28B : Deploy Akito and keep him on the map, event will happen after Mightkaiser appear.

Super alloy Z
- Chapter 29A : Land Boss with Kurogane Spa at the north side of the map.

Xi Gundam missile pod
- Chapter 31A : Attack Lane with Hathaway, both survived for that particular attack.
- As long as that condition is met, you will get the missile pod at the start of 38B, Even if you went A or C route, you will still get the attack after reunited.
- Will obtain it on 50B even if you miss it
- Free pass for 2nd play though and below.

Savage (Crossbow)
- Chapter 31A : Kill at least one enemy with Savage Crossbow (cannot use support attack).

Alpha Azieru:
- Chapter 31A : Fulfill both these condition
-Attack Loni with Banagher after she went berserk.
-Attack Loni with Hathaway after she went berserk.
- Chapter 38B : Persuade Loni with either Banagher or Hathaway, then defeat her with either one of them (the bible seems to say any pilot but I think it's safer to defeat her with one of the 2).

Full Armour ZZ Gundam:
- Chapter 35 : Fulfill all 3 condition.
-Obtain at least 3 Marida point.
-Judau obtain ace pilot.
-ZZ Gundam obtain custom bonus.

Jill:
- Chapter 35 : Fulfill all 3 condition.
-Attack Salia with either Ange, Hlida, Rosalie or Vivian.
-Attack Ersha with either Ange, Hlida, Rosalie or Vivian.
-Attack Chris with either Ange, Hlida, Rosalie or Vivian.
- Chapter 37C : Fulfill all 4 condition.
-Attack Salia with Ange.
-Attack Ersha with Ange.
-Attack Chris with Ange.
-Attack Chris with either Hlida or Rosalie (or maybe both, not fully sure what the text means).
- Chapter 38C : Defeat Salia with Jill.

Nandescio C Phase transition cannon:
- Chapter 36 : Ruri obtain Ace pilot by the end of the chapter.

Neon Zeong joining in 51A:
- Chapter 36 : Attack Frontal with Kamille, Amuro and Banagher.
- Chapter 38B : Attack Frontal with Kamille, Amuro, Judau, Hathaway and Banagher.

Evangelion unit 13:
- Chapter 39 : Fulfill wither one of these condition
- Defeat with the 9th or 10th Angel with Shinji, and Shinji having Ace pilot status.
- Defeat both 9th and 10th Angel with Shinji (no need ace pilot).

Secret scenario Supporting a long journey:
- Fulfill first part of Melda early recruitment
- Fulfill either one of these condition
- Fulfill second part of Melda early recruitment
- Okita obtained ace pilot status by chapter 42.

Tieria remaining as Raphael Gundam pilot :
- Chapter 43A : Choose to remain as Rapheal Gundam pilot.

Vangray II:
- Chapter 48 : Defeat Sub MC with MC (cannot use support attack).

IF route
- Chapter 47 : Use Yamato Wave motion gun (can use either normal attack or Map attack).
- Chapter 49 : Have at least 25 Ace pilot before chapter 50 and at least one great Ace.

Yazan, Jerid and Lane join using a point system and Zinnerman joining with 2 power parts depends on Marida points as well:

Zinnerman
- Chapter 38A : Clear chapter with 6 Marida point and above.
- Chapter 37B : Obtain 4 Marida point and defeat Banshee Norn destroy mode.
- Chapter 38C : Clear chapter with 6 Marida point and above.
Marida point:
- Chapter 23A/23B : total 3 point, one point each for
- Banagher fighting Marida,
- Judau fighting Marida and
- Banagher defeating Marida.
- Chapter 25A/25B: Total 5 point, 3 point for either Ple or Ple 2 fighting Marida and one point each for
- Banagher fighting Marida and
- Judau fighting Marida
- Chapter 31A : total 2 point for either Ple or Ple2 fight Ple twelve.
- Chapter 32A : total 2 point for persuading Ple twelve with either Ple or Ple2 or Judau.
- Chapter 36 : Total 5 point, One point each for
- Fighting Riddle with Banagher
- Fighting Riddle with Marida,
- Defeating Riddle with Banagher and
- 2 point for defeating Riddle with Marida.

Jerid and Yazan
There is a Titan point for them (in English version it might be G hound point but I will follow the bible)
- Chapter 37B : Fulfilled both of these condition
- Obtained at least 2 Titan point before clearing the chapter
- Kamille defeat Jerid
- Chapter 39 : Clear chapter with 3 Titan point and above.
- The above requirement is for them to join at chapter 40, they will auto join at chapter 50B even if the requirement was not met.
Titan point:
- Chapter 25A : Total 2 point, one point each for
- Defeat Yazan with either Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Defeat Jerid with either Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Chapter 23B : total 3 point, one point each for
- Defeat at least one enemy with Yazan (cannot use support attack)
- Defeat at least one enemy with Jerid (cannot use support attack)
- Both Yazan and Jerid defeat at least one enemy (cannot use support attack).
- Chapter 24B: Total 2 point, one point each for
- Defeat Yazan with either Kamille, Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Defeat Jerid with either Kamille, Judau, Amuro, Hathaway or Banagher
- Chapter 30A : total 1 point for both Yazan and Jerid defeat at least one enemy (cannot use support attack)..
- Chapter 36 : Total 1 point for defeating Jerid with Kamille
- Chapter 37B : total 2 point for one point each for
- Defeating Yazan with either Judau or Kamille and
- Defeating Jerid with Kamille

Lane
There is a Penelope point for him.
- Chapter 39 : Clear chapter with at least 2 Penelope point.
- The above requirement is for them to join at chapter 40, they will auto join at chapter 50B even if the requirement was not met.
Penelope point:
Chapter 24B : total 2 point for one point each for
- Deploying Xi Gundam and retaining him on the map, there will be an event when Ally reinforcement appear
- Fighting Lane with Hathway.
Chapter 30A : total 2 point for one point each for
- Defeating Lane when he was an enemy
- Having Lane survived the chapter while he is an ally
Chapter 31A : total 1 point for fighting Lane with Hathaway, both party has to survive that attack (this is also the requirement for Xi Gundam Missile pod).
Chapter 37B : total 1 point for defeating Lane with Hathaway.

That's all for the secret section of the bible, I should have pointed it out in the beginning but unfortunately Crossbone X-2 is not one of them. I will look through the book in greater detail when I have the time. Meanwhile post any question you have and i see if I can find in the book.

I still want to know all the other hidden item tiles and skill part bonus triggers, but this is a start.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Glad the secrets were translated when they were, since I would likely have missed the Xi's missile pods otherwise.

Also, the Shamblo... :supaburn: I was not expecting something so dangerous, dear God. Thankfully both Judau and Kouji now have Valor, and I've got the 1.4x damage crit TAC skill, so these things should sort themselves out in the future.

E: Wait, I've done the requirements for the missile pod, and for Lane. Which Puru gets the Xi? The other will obviously get the Penelope later, and Marida will probably get the Banshee later.

Sadly, Jill's probably going to die this run, I've gone UC this far, might as well ride it to the end and get the AA as well.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 1, 2017

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Nice try, Angelo.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
DAmnit, there's too many cool people in this game. I want to use so drat many, but I only have like ~14 deploy slots in a given mission. I have like double that at any given time that I want to use. I think I'll just try to bench some of my aces for a bit to spread the love around, so I can get the if route later.

And thanks to ACES, without you I would never have realized how ridiculous Salamandinay is. Why yes, I would like a unit who's strongest attack is cheaper than its second strongest and also available with only 10 focus.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm pretty behind in the game but holy poo poo the two new Mazingers. Also the lol at the ridiculous pace that Eva is going at.

Also, someday will they make a SRW game that isn't ridiculously backloaded? On stage 40 and it feels like the game has only just started.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just got the 13.

Is losing 01's moves worth Kaworu?

I mean, I'm probably using the 13, but I want to know if I made the right choice.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
13 isn't really worth it, in my experience. Pseudo-evolved Unit 01 is ridiculously powerful, and Shinji's spirit list works really well with it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well, it turns out all the random poo poo I did was enough for me to get all three of Jerid, Yazan, and Lane.

All of them are now in different suits. Do any of them have any reason to stay in their default suits?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lane's is actually pretty decent but there's nothing about it specific to him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

stabbington posted:

13 isn't really worth it, in my experience. Pseudo-evolved Unit 01 is ridiculously powerful, and Shinji's spirit list works really well with it.

Unit 13 is probably better for your overall party composition since Kaworu has such a good Support Spirit list and you free up Will-Boosting items for Kouji and Ryouma, but Unit 01 is better for Shinji personally.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, chose Power for Chitose, and while the GranVang is cool, the choppiness of the animation really gets to me. Plus it looks like the VangNex is a more clear evolution of the VangRay. Still not going to argue with the sheer power though.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Please tell me this is on purpose.

Edit: Didn't realize they made the Hyper Beam Saber only require Newtype Level 3. Fa in Zeta for playthrough 2, confirmed!

Also question about Jill, will I get her if I don't do the CA routes on playthrough 2? Her super cheap Foresee rules and helped me out a ton on the last level.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 3, 2017

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Ashsaber posted:

Well, chose Power for Chitose, and while the GranVang is cool, the choppiness of the animation really gets to me. Plus it looks like the VangNex is a more clear evolution of the VangRay. Still not going to argue with the sheer power though.

It's the Li Brasta R all over again, I tell you.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Please tell me this is on purpose.

Edit: Didn't realize they made the Hyper Beam Saber only require Newtype Level 3. Fa in Zeta for playthrough 2, confirmed!

Also question about Jill, will I get her if I don't do the CA routes on playthrough 2? Her super cheap Foresee rules and helped me out a ton on the last level.

Yeah.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there some greater difficulty or complexity that I'm missing out on or that emerges later in this thing? I'm only 16 missions in or so, which is still a good chunk of time, and I'm not finding that it's particularly hard in any way, and I've been collecting all the extra mission points, which I understand increases the difficulty. At this point it seems like triggering the ability at a particular time and then just sorta cakewalking to the next 10 minutes of dialogue.

I'm not especially invested in the story, which I know is a lot of the problem because I've only seen a couple or three of these shows to really be able to draw any references from, and they've already abandoned the Yamato (though I assume we'll be getting back to that at some point) and now I'm fighting dragons or whatever and I guess that's cool and all but I'm so far away from anything familiar. They just keep throwing more characters at me and I can't focus on leveling any of them in particular before they run off to an alternate reality or something.

I'm going to keep rolling at this for a while, because it is really pretty cool and I like the combat animation (for a bit), so I can appreciate every time they bring in someone new for that. But I feel like you guys are talking about a much more complex game than has emerged thus far.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Fix posted:

Is there some greater difficulty or complexity that I'm missing out on or that emerges later in this thing? I'm only 16 missions in or so, which is still a good chunk of time, and I'm not finding that it's particularly hard in any way, and I've been collecting all the extra mission points, which I understand increases the difficulty. At this point it seems like triggering the ability at a particular time and then just sorta cakewalking to the next 10 minutes of dialogue.

Nope. That's pretty much it in terms of game complexity. SRW has never been a difficult series and SRWV is really easy even by SRW standards.

If you do no-upgrade runs it becomes a little more complex but that's mostly in terms of figuring out how to maximize damage output to get the SR points.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Basically the only way you ever get a game over in modern SRW is from a mission critical unit getting destroyed and that becomes a lot easier to prevent in V since you can use seishins during the enemy turn.

Edit: oh except for a few massively hp regenerating final bosses where you just run out of SP faster than they run out of hit points and you have to restart. I guess that's not the same thing as a game over though.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
The only level that gave me pause was the last level on the True Path. I did not know what I was going to do to win but then after a certain amount of enemies are killed you get the Wave Motion Gun on the Yamato and can just chew up the map. I was expecting one of those FULL HP/SP restore moments to happen, but it did not, because that would have made the whole thing easier. Still, it was the only level that gave me a challenge. Luckily I had Jill around to help everyone who couldn't avoid or mitigate damage to dodge.

Most of the time when a level starts I go "oh this SR point might be hard to get" but I usually then end up getting it a turn or two early. The only annoying ones are like kill these guys all on the same turn.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fix posted:

I'm not especially invested in the story, which I know is a lot of the problem because I've only seen a couple or three of these shows to really be able to draw any references from, and they've already abandoned the Yamato (though I assume we'll be getting back to that at some point) and now I'm fighting dragons or whatever and I guess that's cool and all but I'm so far away from anything familiar. They just keep throwing more characters at me and I can't focus on leveling any of them in particular before they run off to an alternate reality or something.

I'm going to keep rolling at this for a while, because it is really pretty cool and I like the combat animation (for a bit), so I can appreciate every time they bring in someone new for that. But I feel like you guys are talking about a much more complex game than has emerged thus far.
i dont think you're really the target audience for this, no offense. The gameplay can be fun and the animations are always good, but it's mostly the plot and crossover elements that are the appeal, as well as seeing shows you like in a video game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There's always Fantasy Maiden Wars if you want SRW but with a challenge. And magical flying girls who are dicks to each other constantly.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Endorph posted:

i dont think you're really the target audience for this, no offense. The gameplay can be fun and the animations are always good, but it's mostly the plot and crossover elements that are the appeal, as well as seeing shows you like in a video game.

I kinda suspected that was the case. Thanks.

Do we ever get to go back to the Yamato though? I'm a sucker for that space boat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Fix posted:

Do we ever get to go back to the Yamato though? I'm a sucker for that space boat.

Yeah. Different series get varying amounts of prominence based on route splits. The Yamato gets an enormous amount of focus in the early chapters and the final chapters.

Cross Ange, Yamato, Full Metal Panic!, Mazinger, Great Mightgaine, and Getter Robo probably get the most focus overall in roughly that order on the parts where routes converge.

Zore fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 3, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Fix posted:

You'll get all your poo poo back eventually, and it'll be pretty worth it when you do. A lot of the appeal comes from the mission structure and plot choices, though, since V is one of the mechanically weakest modern SRWs. Most of the others have had a major cool draw like the squad system from Z or the 3D size system from Neo.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

The only level that gave me pause was the last level on the True Path. I did not know what I was going to do to win but then after a certain amount of enemies are killed you get the Wave Motion Gun on the Yamato and can just chew up the map. I was expecting one of those FULL HP/SP restore moments to happen, but it did not, because that would have made the whole thing easier. Still, it was the only level that gave me a challenge. Luckily I had Jill around to help everyone who couldn't avoid or mitigate damage to dodge.

The final mission on the Fierce Battles path got me super excited, but then I killed the "boss" in a single turn. It was surreal seeing the crew keep saying "We have 5 minutes left!" every few kills like time were actually supposed to be passing. It helps that I move my dudes in such a way as to expect reinforcements from empty portions of the map, so they spawned right next to Great Mightgaine who then just tore up his side of the map (since he was continually gaining levels which turned into ExC and more Multi-Actions).

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Broken Loose posted:

You'll get all your poo poo back eventually, and it'll be pretty worth it when you do.

Oh hey, sup BL. Thanks but I think I'm going to cut it short and tackle some of this other crap in my backlog. Maybe I'll check out a show or two that I've come across in this and give it another go later.

Have fun, goons!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, just about to hit stage 39 and get the Penelope, but I'm not sure what to use it for now. Since I just got the Alpha Azieru I figured I'ld take a look at it, and a LL unit that can move 7 spaces (after custom bonus) is pretty drat cool, so I shoved Puru 2 in there. Puru has the Xi, and Marida took over the Banshee, while the other UC types I want to use at all have their own Gundams. Its almost sad, really, especially since I've now got the old Crossbone available too.

I feel like I'm probably on track to get the true end for my first run, though I may need to use proud ace a few times.

Have a picture of the truest pairing in V (warning, related pictures may contain NSFW)

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 9, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played an hour or so of SRWV on my new PSVR. It's certainly not the kind of game it was designed for but it still filled my head with robot awesomeness.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I just finished chapter 49.

Getting the Vangray 2 is not making me feel much better about predicting that Souji-side Chitose is Esther.

I'm guessing the final boss will still be something Gardim but it would be amazing if the game just ended on a Yamato final boss that I will destroy with the WMC. It would be a perfect finish if this game just swept away the only original boss a few chapters before the ending with little fanfare in the middle of a Yamato climax.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

I just finished chapter 49.

Getting the Vangray 2 is not making me feel much better about predicting that Souji-side Chitose is Esther.

I'm not sure how much of the plot reveals are the same on Chitose route compared to Soji so maybe hold off till you're done!

She gets written out at stage 11 to stay with the Natto Guy that rescued them because its a safe place for her to be while stuff is happening before suddenly showing up in the bad guy robot much later. She pretty much doesn't exist at all on the Soji route.

I've been told the dynamic between Soji and Chitose on her route is much better with her being the inexperienced one that he sort of mentors vs the Soji-route version being him as the experienced dude who is a clown everyone makes fun of and her not really contributing anything.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They should have just not had her in the Souji route or made her a mechanic. The inexperienced pilot character doesn't work in a story where they don't pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

I'm not sure how much of the plot reveals are the same on Chitose route compared to Soji so maybe hold off till you're done!

She gets written out at stage 11 to stay with the Natto Guy that rescued them because its a safe place for her to be while stuff is happening before suddenly showing up in the bad guy robot much later. She pretty much doesn't exist at all on the Soji route.

I've been told the dynamic between Soji and Chitose on her route is much better with her being the inexperienced one that he sort of mentors vs the Soji-route version being him as the experienced dude who is a clown everyone makes fun of and her not really contributing anything.
That's the exact same thing that happens to Soji in the Chitose route.

• Locked thread