Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Whiplash’s release was so random too, I really don’t know why they made the effort to put him in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i used to really appreciate that they added random D-listers

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ok I'd been saving up some bios so with today's login gift I jumped Buckaroo Barnesai straight to T2, and got his shiny new costume the other day before the sale ended. Hopefully he lives up to the hype. Would he want an ITGB custom gear or just crit and damage? He's got a lot of ignore dodge already. CTP of energy is still best in slot I'd assume but I'm not investing that much in him.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I've had a CTP of Refinement in my inventory forever and I just can't decide where to put it. I gave my two CTPs of Energy to Cable and Quicksilver, Spidey 2099 has a CTP of Patience and Kaecilus has a CTP of Refinement. Those last two are probably wastes since I don't even use them on a weekly basis in Shadowland but I gave them to them when I was struggling to finish it and it put them over the edge at the time. Neither is T2.

I should probably spend the crystals to remove them and give them to better characters. I can just never decide. New Cap could maybe use the Refinement since he does damage but sometimes gets killed off for me. But I don't want to do that before I T3 him and see what he's like. Hulk maybe, since he can sometimes be one shot by Proxima Ultimate. Or it would probably jack BP up (he's turned into my 5th daily Ultimate Proxima clear).

CTP of Refinement is great for Blue Marvel (if you have him)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bagrada posted:

Ok I'd been saving up some bios so with today's login gift I jumped Buckaroo Barnesai straight to T2, and got his shiny new costume the other day before the sale ended. Hopefully he lives up to the hype. Would he want an ITGB custom gear or just crit and damage? He's got a lot of ignore dodge already. CTP of energy is still best in slot I'd assume but I'm not investing that much in him.

He already has super armor natively

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Because he is a beautiful, perfect boy.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I threw enough crystals at the lab to get ten Nova bios to recruit him, and then mega 6 starred him. Hope the investment is sound when I get his mastery up.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Looks like ICR is dead so my application for Marble Hebrons festers. I need an alliance, who's got spots? I'm MonkeyBotSA in game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MonkeyBot posted:

Looks like ICR is dead so my application for Marble Hebrons festers. I need an alliance, who's got spots? I'm MonkeyBotSA in game.

I’m alive!!!! I’ll approve right now.

BBPattyMeltz
Apr 12, 2018
Just applied to Buster Highman as BBPatty Meltz

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BBPattyMeltz posted:

Just applied to Buster Highman as BBPatty Meltz

Accepted, bb :wink:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Finally got all of Cap’s gear to 25 then just loled at how far I am from T3 requirements.

Going to work on Spidey next.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The amount of Cosmic Cube Fragments required for each t3 character is insane. I have ~280 of the 800 required and it's been what, 3 weeks?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wanda costume got a proper announcement:

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/996223647693049857

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im guessing theyre gonna milk whales for a bit and then put cube fragments in new improved shadowlands floors 26-30 which are WBU-level difficulty

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not actually mad about how many Cosmic Cube Fragments you need to get to T3 Cap. Like its slow but T3ing probably shouldn't be easy. And if you cap out on the other stuff you can use that on someone else's gears. So its fine. Mostly I was just disappointed because I was doing the daily gear upgrade's so it was a short stop when I saw the T3 costs and realized I was gonna have to just wait awhile and let it happen. But that's fine. I'm past it and focused on other stuff.

I got [REDACTED] up to rank 38 but I'm kind of stalled out. 5* Urus and all but 2 fully awakened Isos. I'll keep working on the 6* and tweak my Urus and obelisk depending on how my stats look, I guess. I'm hoping I can get him up. I might buy the uniforms that match with his just to get those little skill bumps. Every bit to get me to #1. I guess if I fall short I can keep beefing him up by buying more iso slots? Dunno. Have to wait and see.

I bought the Spidey costume and I actually kind of regret it. Its not bad or anything but it doesn't seem like a huge improvement over the Homecoming one. Probably should have got Corvus or Proxima. Or saved for Wanda or someone. Ah well.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

im guessing theyre gonna milk whales for a bit and then put cube fragments in new improved shadowlands floors 26-30 which are WBU-level difficulty

and i was guessing you were gonna make a good post but here we are

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

aww thanks!

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

STAC Goat posted:

I guess if I fall short I can keep beefing him up by buying more iso slots? Dunno. Have to wait and see.

I’m guessing it only counts the active ISO set.

I’m pretty much done with the game so I bought all the option uniforms for a character and got them to 31st place. I’ll probably just grind for urus and uni bios now.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Returning player and I'd rather just avoid making mistakes with the items I have left/gain from returning.

Outside Strange, what should be my priorities at this point?

Other things but mostly 2* Mordo, Singularity, songbird and other famables.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I myself would go all top row except: Silk who fell off. Frost is too expensive...and Reyes isn't essential. Sharon Rodgers probably first. You need updated costumes for the other ones though to make them awesome.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Returning player and I'd rather just avoid making mistakes with the items I have left/gain from returning.

T2 Sharon
T2 Loki and get Rag costume
T2 Shuri if you have bio sub
T2 Thor and get Rag costume (for the card from Legendary Battles)

Lesser Priorities
T2 Hela - and do the Legendary Battle
T2 Cap with new costume
T2 IM with new costume
Cap and IM take half resources to T2 and easily farmed
Get Emma to 60 at least, wouldn't worry about T2 for awhile

Whenever Priorities
T2 Ultron - cheap to t2 and can clear sl17 Destroy Boss solo
Get Robbie to 60 and Mastered, he is solid at t1 but could use t2 eventually
T2 Elsa, can farm from Villain Siege and is still a solid speed

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks a bunch for the responses, appreciated. Glad I at least have some decent people to work on.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Other than working on Sharon first, I'd do Spider-Man. He's cheap to T2 and his Homecoming costume is nearly as good as his new one if you want to be careful with crystals, he's a top tier character with either his Homecoming or Avengers costume, and he can go to level 70. I highly recommend him.

Edit: Oh yeah. Save materials for Wolverine, too.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 16, 2018

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Does Iron Man with the new uni need ITGB? What's the best type of obelisk to shoot for?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Fried Sushi posted:

T2 Shuri if you have bio sub

Don't do this, Shuri doesn't need the subscription to get her bios

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, you can even sorta/quasi farm her through the Legendary Battles. I mean, its not a good way to do it but it will get you there faster than most of the "unfarmable" characters.

And yeah, T2 Shuri is good. I took down Proxima WBU 14 with her yesterday after my Quicksilver suffered a quick death and today she took down an Infinity War Winter Soldier in Timeline that took out my Wolverine and Scarlet Witch.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really behind on everything so I'm not sure what most of that is. Came back when I saw Dr Strange and Scarlet were in the game and then saw how not close to getting them I was :D

Still, I enjoy it and I can get thor/loki's costumes right now so that's nice. I have no Tier 2s but am getting a selector in 2 weeks I think.

It's a fun game, it's such a battery drain though

Thanks a bunch for the pointers. I'll hold off on the bio sub for now though it's not that bad to purchase if she's that good.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Don't do this, Shuri doesn't need the subscription to get her bios

Oops my bad, was thinking she was a bio sub character for some reason. Even more worth getting to T2 then.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Did they say a date? I'm going to assume its the June update that we'll get her.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Is Sharon Rogers still the best starter?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Did they say a date? I'm going to assume its the June update that we'll get her.

why wouldnt it be this months patch

anchorite
Sep 22, 2009
Applied to Buster Highman as Anchorite83.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

space marine todd posted:

Is Sharon Rogers still the best starter?

I would say so. Easiest to use and win with, even when she’s not fully maxed out, can do any mode that a newer player needs in order to better their roster.

BBPattyMeltz
Apr 12, 2018
I just started and using Sharon Rogers has been a godsend. She wipes the floor with the story through Chapter 8 no problem at all, and then helped me get my first 50K+ score in Alliance Battle. She is practically immortal with her damage absorb, damage immune, and 2 "non targetable" moves. Plus I hear awesome things about her costume, MOAR DMG!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Just applied to Doctor Goons, name is Serperoth.

Loving Sharon Rogers so far, and these "back after 2 years" rewards are awesome. I've got like 1200 energy to spend, and a lot of useful characters already.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BBPattyMeltz posted:

I just started and using Sharon Rogers has been a godsend. She wipes the floor with the story through Chapter 8 no problem at all, and then helped me get my first 50K+ score in Alliance Battle. She is practically immortal with her damage absorb, damage immune, and 2 "non targetable" moves. Plus I hear awesome things about her costume, MOAR DMG!

Her costume makes her ridiculous and I do not regret that purchase at all

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Awesome! I'm glad I picked her. I also somehow got a 6 star character selector? I already have Shuri. Who should I use it on?

Is there a good guide or something I can follow?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

space marine todd posted:

Awesome! I'm glad I picked her. I also somehow got a 6 star character selector? I already have Shuri. Who should I use it on?

Is there a good guide or something I can follow?

There's a tier list in the OP, although it's kinda tiny (visually). I used mine on Moon Knight and Yondu, personally, since I got 6* Thor and Black Panther from the Legendary Battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Re: the tier list, there's a newer one post Infinity War that takes the uniforms into account, and it's a little larger (right click, open image in new tab)

Do keep in mind though that it assumes you have the uniforms in the pictures. I don't necessarily agree with ALL of this, but it's close enough if you're not being overly picky.