Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

chardonnay because we have so many marked down wines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

drat...this thread is sad as gently caress

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Oh hey knuc long time no see

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

please wise one tell us how you're so happy. is it the trawling of yospos that brings you the best joy

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

please wise one tell us how you're so happy. is it the trawling of yospos that brings you the best joy

actually doing that is causing me trouble because I do it instead of working sometimes

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Knuc U Kinte posted:

mlyp

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
anyone know some decent brandy to try?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

sauvignon blanc in a box from trader joe's, it's ok we'll all be dead soon

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
went to the LCBO for the first time since April and some some buffalo trace and some sour beers

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Had some GlenDronach 15YO and it's just a darn fine scotch

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

drinking four roses now that I finished the last of my bulleit

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
drinking some affligem tripel boys, 9%, good poo poo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
coffee stout back at bellwoods hell Yeah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
beer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finally tried white claw. it’s not bad depending on flavor but it’s not better than cheaper alternatives

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah. the new flavors are better but also more like sweeter lacroix

had a manhattan yesterday, but didnt add cherry bitters so it was a bit more proper. we have some rhubarb bitters too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Agile Vector posted:

yeah. the new flavors are better but also more like sweeter lacroix
“natural lime” is ok nothing remarkable, i can get better local in nova scotia. the black cherry tastes like kool-aid. the grapefruit and mango are better than most comparables i’ve tried tbqh. unfortunately i prefer lime or lemon-lime

on the plus side it is apparently made with “alcohol” rather than “malt liquor” in canada at least

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the local is blue lobster vodka soda lemon/lime for any interested. it has a lot more flavor than a lot of them and is also 6% abv rather than 4 or 5, which is a plus

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

my wife is growing mint in the garden this year so might have to fix myself a julep one of these dark, hot days

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uptime Sinclair posted:

the local is blue lobster vodka soda lemon/lime for any interested. it has a lot more flavor than a lot of them and is also 6% abv rather than 4 or 5, which is a plus

i do not want lobster flavored soda under any circumstances :colbert:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Uptime Sinclair posted:

“natural lime” is ok nothing remarkable, i can get better local in nova scotia. the black cherry tastes like kool-aid. the grapefruit and mango are better than most comparables i’ve tried tbqh. unfortunately i prefer lime or lemon-lime

on the plus side it is apparently made with “alcohol” rather than “malt liquor” in canada at least

oh yeah if you've better locally go for that. the tangerine and watermelon are okay too but the lime was too tart for me and i used some fruit to make a mellow punch with it for the remaining cans

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Evan Williams single barrel, neat

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
looks like today will be doctor pepper and ketel one :yum:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dont drink soda, dude.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
wait unitl this guy gets a load of a captain morgans and coca cola (mexican variety)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

this is real advice. soda is so bad for you

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i'm eating anchovies straight with neat laphroaig. friday night mother fucker.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i'm eating anchovies straight with neat laphroaig. friday night mother fucker.

brine for days, cheers!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

looks like today will be doctor pepper and ketel one :yum:
you should try cola + disaronno tbqh

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm drinking Japanese whisky that's no longer being made from a glass that's 50 years old. Feeling fancy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

spankmeister posted:

I'm drinking Japanese whisky that's no longer being made from a glass that's 50 years old. Feeling fancy
i had a Elijah Craig SB mint julep in a glass i got as a free pack-in 7 years ago and with mint from the garden. it was lit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uptime Sinclair posted:

is disaronno the one that comes in the super-tall skinny bottle and is bright yellow?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

is disaronno the one that comes in the super-tall skinny bottle and is bright yellow?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it mixes amazingly well with dr. pepper.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

prefect posted:

You're thinking of limoncello

Mr. Nice! posted:

Both are so cloyingly sweet I can't imagine the combination being drinkable tbh.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

whoops. the giant yellow thing isn't great, although it's got some use in certain mixed drinks. i think it tastes like licorice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

i mean yeah but coma + dis gives you boozy dr pepper as a starting point

if you crave next level flavors then by all means

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

this brings back specific and bad memories

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uptime Sinclair posted:

this brings back specific and bad memories

my bad-memory liquors:
  • sambuca
  • wild turkey
i think those are the only ones that make me reflexively recoil. holy poo poo i was such a [expletive deleted] in college :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i'm not a big fan of any of the licorice tasting liquors like ouzo. give me some good vodka, personally.

don't really drink very often these days so a couple of shots will have me feeling warm.