Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
that is incredibly regressive, wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
wow i hate it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

omg that's just outright atrocious :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm stealing this, for what it's worth.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

iospace posted:

I'm stealing this, for what it's worth.
Go ahead. Angry Cinnamon Toast wants to be free.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

flakeloaf posted:

:wtc:

dig up, stupid

no you see [marginalized group] identity was poorly understood in the [time period] so portraying them as caricatures was perfectly okay, and furthermore

oh so she's like super a terf huh

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

aardvaard posted:

oh so she's like super a terf huh

trans men are just confused lesbians etc etc etc

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

trans men are just confused lesbians etc etc etc

it's so bizarre to see "trans men are confused lesbians" and "lesbians just need a dick to convince them not to be lesbians" in the same story but here we are i guess

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Shame Boy posted:

it's so bizarre to see "trans men are confused lesbians" and "lesbians just need a dick to convince them not to be lesbians" in the same story but here we are i guess

terfs are the type of people who hate how women are defined by their “biological roles” and then yet define “women” by their broken, patriarchal views of biology

Lain Iwakura fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 16, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

terfs are the type of people who hate how women are defined by their “biological roles” and then yet define “women” by their broken, patriarchal views of biology

:yeah:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
terfs are cryptofascists

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
afaict “being a woman is awful and we must keep it that way” is a core part of the terf ideology.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Plorkyeran posted:

afaict “being a woman is awful and we must keep it that way” is a core part of the terf ideology.

most TERF leaders are forced birth activists

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Lain Iwakura posted:

most TERF leaders are forced birth activists

i am deeply afraid of googling this term. the sort of raw, primitive fear that wells up somewhere deep inside you, the limbic system's intense, desperate cry

e: okay this is not great but i thought it was gonna be much, much worse, like some entirely new horrible quiverfull cult thing.

E4C85D38 fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 16, 2019

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
my new insurance has some coverage for grs. this could realistically happen!!!!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

mailorder bees! posted:

:woop:

here's hoping for minimal insurer fuckery!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mailorder bees! posted:

hell yeah!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

mailorder bees! posted:

congratulations!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Plorkyeran posted:

the worst part of terf/“gender critical” ideology is how they seek out cis-women who have been harmed by cis-men and exploit their pain and suffering to foster hate and disgust toward other groups that are also abused by cis-men :/

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

creationist believer posted:

the worst part of terf/“gender critical” ideology is how they seek out cis-women who have been harmed by cis-men and exploit their pain and suffering to foster hate and disgust toward other groups that are also abused by cis-men :/

poo poo they even recruit enbies. I had to kick an amab person out of a gathering because they kept spouting off about how we are too hard on terfs because at the end of the day they're just women who've been abused by men and they're just afraid trans woman might be men too and who can blame them for being jumpy

real great loving solidarity there when all of us loving bend ourselves into knots explaining why *e is a real and valid pronoun when cis people attack you and you're just like "yeah it's valid to think trans women are men".

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

there are plenty of trans people of all sorts of genders (including trans women) who have been poisoned by terf rhetoric. some people find the idea of being "one of the good ones" attractive, and don't care about who they're throwing under the bus.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

jit bull transpile posted:

poo poo they even recruit enbies. I had to kick an amab person out of a gathering because they kept spouting off about how we are too hard on terfs because at the end of the day they're just women who've been abused by men and they're just afraid trans woman might be men too and who can blame them for being jumpy

real great loving solidarity there when all of us loving bend ourselves into knots explaining why *e is a real and valid pronoun when cis people attack you and you're just like "yeah it's valid to think trans women are men".

at least contrapoints recently made a video about terfs i can point them to before canceling them forever

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
we in vancouver have a "trans-identified male" who is super popular with fundies and terfs here because he (his pronouns) thinks that big pharma is turning all the kids trans or some poo poo and that trans women are invading spaces meant for "biological females". basically his shtick is to host talks wearing the same outfit each time for "concerned citizens" about the dangers trans people and big pharma

he recently said that since he was not welcomed at pride that he'd show up at the dyke march and festival but he won't be allowed there either

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

oh yeah other queers will glom onto you if you're at all stable and suck out all your emotional energy. it can be fulfilling but you have to set limits or you'll be exhausted

christ almighty I've been thinking of this quote a lot this year, especially as I reflect on the first half

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

christ almighty I've been thinking of this quote a lot this year, especially as I reflect on the first half

yeah it resonated a ton with me too and i think that's true of basically every even-remotely-stable queer person in the world ever

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hence why I don’t socialize much anymore

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
oh god yes. its extremely true

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
its the sad brains

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
moving down to three times a day for dilations is like being released on probation but you still have to check in with your probation officer every eight hours

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

moving down to three times a day for dilations is like being released on probation but you still have to check in with your probation officer every eight hours

wtf brassards dilation routine is so different from Satterwhite

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

wtf brassards dilation routine is so different from Satterwhite

it's pretty intense. people are weirded out when i tell them that i use orange now

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

it's pretty intense. people are weirded out when i tell them that i use orange now

I'm not supposed to use orange until like the 9 or 12 month mark. I'm ahead of schedule using green. also I started at 3x and moved to 2x at 3 months, 1x at 6 and then it's biweekly after 12 months.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
that is really weird. my friend who was staying with my so and i after her srs is supposed to start trying the orange tomorrow, 3 weeks after surgery (but the doc at her check-in appointment yesterday said it's ok if she can't manage it for another week or two).

this was at NYU Langone hospital and I don't recall if it was specifically dr. Bluebond-Langner or dr. zhao that did her surgery, but their teams have unified procedures as far as i'm aware

my so had it with dr mcginn a few years back and i dont recall the exact schedule but she was using the orange one by like 2 months in (after having some complications)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Who has two thumbs, speaks limited French and has her surgery letter?

This moi!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

This moi!

hell yeah

i take it that you're going to montreal?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

This moi!

grats! my fuckin power is out

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

i thought i remember her saying it was an orchi, but that’s great either way

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lol we were supposed to start ivf next week but insurance just surprised out of nowhere with the info that none of th drugs are covered under pharmacy benefits and would come out of our 20k lifetime limit on infertility services, which was already barely enough to pay for the actual retrieval and one implantation attempt. so now we're looking at almost 6k out of pocket for these drugs so we can have a loving child, something that most cis couples take for granted as an inalienable right.

kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

OldAlias posted:

i thought i remember her saying it was an orchi, but that’s great either way
That was before the doc ran me through what was and was not covered (they keep that intentionally vague), so I'm working on scheduling everything on the list on this side of the meat yeet over the next year or so.

They even cover :yosbutt: surgery, although I m just gonna see what the gym can do for me in that regard before I give up spankings for Lent.