Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

As someone who doesn't watch the anime I just hope it gets a unique opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-321/chapter/22956?action=read

Official release

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

All I just want is Shigaraki destroying the logo just like in the manga.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The anime is good (more often than not at least), you should check it out.

Also since the current opening already features a few MVA characters I’m not sure if they’re going to change it at all. I would like some opening and preview narration by the LoV members though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like how we finally got the Bakugo/Uraraka combo on panel we've been joking about since the series first started

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The official translation confirms Deku/Mineta endgame. Pack it in lads

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I think I'm really really terrible at understanding what's happening in this Quintuple-Tech thing that gets Iida where he needs to be. Can someone step me through the mechanics of it? I see Dark Shadow holding on to the acid coating over Iida and Bakugo. I see Todoroki do the temperature differential thing that causes the initial launch? I see Uraraka tap the projectile duo to help them fly better, Bakugo fires a burst to add more speed, and then Iida launches off of Bakugo? Is the ramp made by Todoroki? I feel like I'm missing a step.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Manga: two chapters of brief, unobtrusive flashbacks and callbacks.

Anime team planning out the next seasons: :unsmigghh:

Good chapters. Also: Mangaplus has the prelude to the movie. Doesn't look like it's on Viz though.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009659

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Viz does have the movie thing, it is in its own section though, not added to MHA.

Doc Fission posted:

The official translation confirms Deku/Mineta endgame. Pack it in lads

Yeah, that was kind of odd.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

oh jay posted:

Manga: two chapters of brief, unobtrusive flashbacks and callbacks.

Anime team planning out the next seasons: :unsmigghh:

Good chapters. Also: Mangaplus has the prelude to the movie. Doesn't look like it's on Viz though.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009659

Don't worry Deku, you'll get that cape someday. :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Who wears a cape to a stealth mission?"

You know, he's got a point.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"Who wears a cape to a stealth mission?"

You know, he's got a point.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

XkyRauh posted:

I think I'm really really terrible at understanding what's happening in this Quintuple-Tech thing that gets Iida where he needs to be. Can someone step me through the mechanics of it? I see Dark Shadow holding on to the acid coating over Iida and Bakugo. I see Todoroki do the temperature differential thing that causes the initial launch? I see Uraraka tap the projectile duo to help them fly better, Bakugo fires a burst to add more speed, and then Iida launches off of Bakugo? Is the ramp made by Todoroki? I feel like I'm missing a step.

Todoroki made a ramp out of ice, Mina made a slippery sled/shield for them out of her Acidman shield. Dark Shadow is helping give them a starting push along with some of the other kids, probably so it's safe for Todoroki to blast off. After that it's like a staged rocket, Todoroki using his fire to boost them off the ramp, then Uraraka touches Iida which isn't clear because the shield is intentionally hiding him for the reveal. After that Bakugo is the last stage of their rocket sled, launching Iida to Deku.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Shere posted:

Todoroki made a ramp out of ice, Mina made a slippery sled/shield for them out of her Acidman shield. Dark Shadow is helping give them a starting push along with some of the other kids, probably so it's safe for Todoroki to blast off. After that it's like a staged rocket, Todoroki using his fire to boost them off the ramp, then Uraraka touches Iida which isn't clear because the shield is intentionally hiding him for the reveal. After that Bakugo is the last stage of their rocket sled, launching Iida to Deku.

thank you, i was having trouble parsing it too

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Has the official release always used "your turn" instead of "you're next"? I think I prefer "you're next" personally.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 1, 2021

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"Your turn" is probably closer to the intended meaning, "you're next" just sounds like he's going to beat you up.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

"Your turn" is probably closer to the intended meaning, "you're next" just sounds like he's going to beat you up.

That's the point. 99.9% of the world interpreted it as "All y'all villains going to get beat up next." Only Deku understood the real meaning.

"Your turn" is too soft for that to make sense, in my opinion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNZLtm3Wsqo

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I'm getting anxious no one is gonna kick midoriya in the nads.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aurubin posted:

I'm getting anxious no one is gonna kick midoriya in the nads.

He hasn't reunited with Kota yet.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

oh jay posted:

That's the point. 99.9% of the world interpreted it as "All y'all villains going to get beat up next." Only Deku understood the real meaning.

"Your turn" is too soft for that to make sense, in my opinion.

The dub did it as your turn, and I think that comes across

https://youtu.be/BYJdEEK8aak

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Specifically, it's meant to be whatever Nana says to him in the flashback that occurs right as he's about to throw the final punch. He's recalling the moment the power was passed down to him, and then subsequently officially passing the power on to Deku with similar words.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

"You're next" is a more impactful and badass line than "Now it's your turn". It's short and punchy. Also it's more believable that everyone except Deku would take it as a threat. I get that the latter is probably closer to the literal japanese translation but I've always been a believer in translators taking liberties to make something sound cooler.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Twitter is apparently on fire because people are taking Mineta’s “I fell for you” phrasing as confirmation that he is bisexual

this concludes today’s episode of Things You Didn’t Want to Know

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

"Tsugi wa kimi da" would most literally translate to "Next is you." Slightly more liberal translations could be add some linking words to make "Next up is you" or "The next one is you" to make it flow better.

And if we are willing to flip the subject and the object, you end up with "you're next" or "your turn".

I'm not a professional translator or anything, but of everything I can come up with, "you're next" is the best option that immediately sounds like a threat, but has a deeper meaning. My first interpretation of "(now it's) your turn" would 100% be passing the torch to the other heroes. It doesn't read as a threat to villains at all.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I don't really agree tbh. "You're next" doesn't seem like a natural way to word that sentiment in the moment.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

For sending a message directly to Deku, it is pretty bad.

But for me, it is the only option that groks with the bystanders' reaction of "All Might is cool because he is threatening villains." If they were more tentative about their reaction, I'd get it.

Long story short, translating is hard guys! Caleb please come back!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I didn’t even realize that we were back at Kamino, where Deku’s journey as the last holder of One for All really starts

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Twitter is apparently on fire because people are taking Mineta’s “I fell for you” phrasing as confirmation that he is bisexual

this concludes today’s episode of Things You Didn’t Want to Know

What does the line say in the original Japanese?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

What does the line say in the original Japanese?

https://twitter.com/redandblonde420/status/1421857438395928578

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Hot take: Mineta is gay but closeted and his perverted tendencies are a way of aggressively over-compensating. Now that he’s accepted himself he will chill out and be, dare I even suggest, kind of cool.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All of this debate ultimately doesnt matter, as it will never be brought up again, and Mineta is going to get 2 and a half pages of screen time MAX for the rest of the series

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
That's at least three episodes the anime can use when they split the second half of season 6 between the Mineta Filler and this arc.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder who's going to open a noodle cart in the epilogue.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

oh jay posted:

Bakugo, Attorney At Law.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Hot take: Mineta is gay but closeted and his perverted tendencies are a way of aggressively over-compensating. Now that he’s accepted himself he will chill out and be, dare I even suggest, kind of cool.

Like Todd from Scrubs

Funky Valentine posted:

Bakugo, Attorney At Law.

Environmental law, trees and pandas only

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

Mina, who spices it up with varying degrees of acid - enough to give your mouth a tingle

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

This talk about season 6 made me think about how they're gonna fit their next stupid movie into the War arc. Are they just gonna have to push it back to be a Vigilante Deku movie? You'd have a hard time convincing people their dumb filler movie is a big deal compared to Japan being freaking leveled by Gigantomachia if they try doing anything while the anime is running.

At least they're probably going to be fine to slot in some filler by having Froppy fight some PLF goons or whatever.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
IT would have been cool if they did a Demon Slayer and had MVA be a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The war arc will create filler where Geten gets to do literally anything on screen.