Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Netherlands' bikelanes pissed me off because you would often see scooters and motorcycles in them along with bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I haven't been to Don't Argue but was thinking about it. What did the owners do to incur your wrath?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Well you pay 17 bucks for a pizza id expect the staff to act grateful you just paid them

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/873608274653917187

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Kinda want to get that whole thing printed out nice and big and framed up really pretty and mail it to her.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
The upside is wente will eventually die soon. The downside is they'll replace her with Leah "retard" McLaren.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Leah "I probably wouldn't have a career if my mom wasn't an editor at the globe" McLaren

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

namaste faggots posted:

Leah "I probably wouldn't have a career if my mom wasn't an editor at the globe" McLaren

That describes at least half the people I know that work in Canadian media.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Surrey's own neonazi youtuber Lauren Southern has been hit with pee again, this time by NYC comrades

https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/status/873598690342187009

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Cool. Time to escalate to human poo poo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

Surrey's own neonazi youtuber Lauren Southern has been hit with pee again, this time by NYC comrades

always punch/piss on facists

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

THC posted:

That's pretty much all a "University" of the Fraser Valley dropout can aspire for in life. She is living the dream.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Guys Lauren Southern is a completely respectable and serious political figure who recieved *Checks Wikipedia* 535 votes in the last federal election

Is it a concidence that two of the stupidest kids I knew growing up are both reposting this poo poo on my Facebook?

One went to law enforcement academy and failed to make it into the Winnipeg Police Service and now works for a beer company or some poo poo. Reposts these videos with comments like "beat all anti-fa" or "muder the left"

The other has a major drinking problem and she became a paramedic, later actually made it into the WPS and makes "thin blue line" poo poo all the time like she sames something in common with the cops who shoot black people in the states or some poo poo

What I'm saying is throw piss at every neo-nazi everyday

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

There was a judge that threw out a ticket because the courts were taking too long in Manitoba, but Vic Towes(lol) threw the case out

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/court-delay-decision-manitoba-1.4013802

But more recently another judge threw out a ticket citing delays again

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-judge-throws-out-2nd-traffic-ticket-citing-backlog-1.3598233

Could probably end up in the Manitoba Supreme Court I guess? It takes like 3 years to get a court date in Winnipeg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 10, 2022

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I got lit up by a speed camera on the way home from a lovely movie last night.

gently caress you Winnipeg.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Guys Lauren Southern is a completely respectable and serious political figure who recieved *Checks Wikipedia* 535 votes in the last federal election

Wow. How many signatures are required to be nominated? Not that many I guess.

Reality Winner posted:

Netherlands' bikelanes pissed me off because you would often see scooters and motorcycles in them along with bikes.
QFT
Scared the hell out of me the first time one came ripping past on the bike path. Doesn't feel very safe to be overtaken by someone going ~30km/h faster than you on what amounts to a wide sidewalk.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

littleorv posted:

What movie was it?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

B33rChiller posted:

QFT
Scared the hell out of me the first time one came ripping past on the bike path. Doesn't feel very safe to be overtaken by someone going ~30km/h faster than you on what amounts to a wide sidewalk.

you guys are the most loving beta cucks in this thread lmao

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

B33rChiller posted:

50 signatures and $1000 deposit

littleorv posted:

How do you get caught by a stationary camera that hasn't been changed in like 10 years? Maybe you should be riding a bike instead???

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
if you are going to bitch and whine about people breaking traffic laws, then you're a loving hypocrite if you're against speed or intersection cameras

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

littleorv posted:

Watch out for the human speed bumps that the police "install" around the edges of Winnipeg.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The Butcher posted:

What movie was it?

The mummy. I got owned twice.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

if you are going to bitch and whine about people breaking traffic laws, then you're a loving hypocrite if you're against speed or intersection cameras

I'm all for breaking traffic laws. Keep the flow of traffic moving.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

littleorv posted:

I'm all for breaking traffic laws. Keep the flow of traffic moving.

If everyone actually followed traffic laws, traffic would flow quite nicely fyi

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

CLAM DOWN posted:

One thing that continually surprises me is how few collisions we have on a daily basis.

Almost every person in a major city North American city operating something the size and speed of an automobile on a daily basis. Ripping the machine at 100+ km/h beside a line of oncoming traffic doing the same maybe a meter away. Each and every one of them a twitch of the hands to the left resulting in death.

Pretty good testament to the versatility and flexibility of human beings. Cool poo poo.

But still, we gotta let the robots drive once they are good enough. It would be both speedier and have way less deaths. It's a lot longer off than the Elon Musk's say, but there's no reason we can't get there eventually.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
You know, I get the whole unmoderated comment thing with the CBC. Fine. But if that's the case why the gently caress do they keep bumping Michael Coren's idiocy up into the top headlines?

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Of all the virtues one could extol on traffic laws, "smooth traffic" is absolutely not one of them. Our primate brains are too dumb to accelerate/brake simultaneously, we need to account for reaction time, so one person suddenly braking on the highway can effectively end up causing a minor traffic jam as everyone behind needs to brake and then accelerate. The only thing that will make traffic flow nicely is removing the primate brain part of the equation altogether.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jan posted:

Of all the virtues one could extol on traffic laws, "smooth traffic" is absolutely not one of them. Our primate brains are too dumb to accelerate/brake simultaneously, we need to account for reaction time, so one person suddenly braking on the highway can effectively end up causing a minor traffic jam as everyone behind needs to brake and then accelerate. The only thing that will make traffic flow nicely is removing the primate brain part of the equation altogether.

Removing the primate brain from the equation is probably the only way a lot of social problems could be solved tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

*sees a "lane ending in 500m sign*
*speeds ahead 500m in empty lane*
*forces car into lane ahead of people who changed lanes an appropriate distance back*

"what I have an important meeting :qq:"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

vyelkin posted:

*sees a "lane ending in 500m sign*
*speeds ahead 500m in empty lane*
*forces car into lane ahead of people who changed lanes an appropriate distance back*

"what I have an important meeting :qq:"

Zipper merge at the end of the lane, do not change early, that's exactly what part of the problem is.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
People who do half the posted speed limit on the sea-to-sky deserve to die.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

namaste faggots posted:

For the most part it's worked but at least half the time, some loving rear end in a top hat on a time trial in his mind will blow right through the crosswalk. Cyclists are loving idiots because vancouverites are loving idiots.

This isn't just limited to Vancouver. About once a week, I nearly get hit by some idiot who thinks it's acceptable to ride on the sidewalk, in a crosswalk, or blow through a red light (and sometimes a no-right-on-red sign) through a crosswalk at speed. Hint: if the name of the place where you are riding ends in "walk," then walk your loving bike.

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

tagesschau posted:

This isn't just limited to Vancouver. About once a week, I nearly get hit by some idiot who thinks it's acceptable to ride on the sidewalk, in a crosswalk, or blow through a red light (and sometimes a no-right-on-red sign) through a crosswalk at speed. Hint: if the name of the place where you are riding ends in "walk," then walk your loving bike.

Look, these guys probably have their own reasons for doing that. Heeding pedestrians is not suitable for commuting. Suck it up, buttercup.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Zipper merge at the end of the lane, do not change early, that's exactly what part of the problem is.

THIS. It's not wrong to merge at the end of the lane! It's wrong/inefficient to merge early. Use the whole road and use all available lanes and then everyone will be able to nicely take turns because you're all merging in the same spot instead of this weird hodgepodge of passive-aggressive driving.

Also, for fucks sake, leave a good distance between you and the car ahead of you! The whole "one person brakes unexpectedly and that causes the whole lane to slow down" poo poo only happens because everyone is right on each other's asses.

One more. I'm guilty often of this one myself, but change lanes less. Changing back and forth to try to always be in the fastest lane barely helps you, occasionally backfires, and always leads to people behind you having to brake and thus creates worse traffic.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The one that gets me is the car doing 10-15 under the speed limit on a highway, and then 10 over the speed limit the instant a passing lane appears, then right back to the previous speed as soon as it ends. Let us pass you.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

ductonius posted:

Look, these guys probably have their own reasons for doing that. Heeding pedestrians is not suitable for commuting. Suck it up, buttercup.

https://youtu.be/FClGhto1vIg?t=11s

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

Cool. Time to escalate to human poo poo.

Is that a "fight fire with fire" thing?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
And now, time for our daily installment of YourCountrymen.JPG

Should financial punishments scale based on income? Maybe if you want to live in NAZI GERMANY.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Butcher posted:

And now, time for our daily installment of YourCountrymen.JPG

Should financial punishments scale based on income? Maybe if you want to live in NAZI GERMANY.

The Bill of Rights? What's this apparently important part of Canadian law I'm missing out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

The Butcher posted:

Anyway it's legal

If this is your defence of an action you already know your position is bullshit.