Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, in 1999

When registering was free and all must suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

There was a time when you could be banned for mentioning this.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
A dad let 30-50 feral hogs in he own backyard? A shameful dad.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

totally. its a liberal thing from what ive seen. middle america is on the bleeding edge of progress for once.

it started in left wing crunchy circles, but only one side has elected an antivaxx president and has politicians seriously calling for vaccination choice

It's increasingly part of the right

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

it started in left wing crunchy circles, but only one side has elected an antivaxx president and has politicians seriously calling for vaccination choice

It's increasingly part of the right

its migration has really been helped by how the right is now the #1 home for anti-science, anti-expert people. it's a short step from "scientists are wrong about climate change" or "scientists are wrong about sugar leading to diabetes" to "scientists are wrong about everything including vaccines"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Atlas Obscura is a cool follow on Facebook but I didn't expect this today

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

as an old man angry about imgur mobile web computer device screen I,

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

This needs to be posted in the blessed thread

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

vyelkin posted:

its migration has really been helped by how the right is now the #1 home for anti-science, anti-expert people. it's a short step from "scientists are wrong about climate change" or "scientists are wrong about sugar leading to diabetes" to "scientists are wrong about everything including vaccines"

Also, the right is a death cult, anything that kills people is great for them. They loving love people dying, whether its someone who they think deserved it so they can jerk off over it, or its someone who didn't deserve it so they can call them a martyr and get all hosed up over it and use it as a prop to attack someone else, or to inspire fear to keep everyone in line. Its how their god punishes people and also the only way they know to solve problems.
A surprising amount of americans support killing the entire planet to force jesus to come back during their lifetimes because they're also terrified of death, and afraid to die and see if they believed in the right religion. It's that combination of fear and doubt that fuels their fanaticism, like if they can worship death and BE death, they don't have to be afraid of it because they're on the same side as it, or friends or something. Death will treat us better because we worshiped it or something, but they're not sure, so they deal with that by lashing out super hard against anything that makes them think about it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

A Moose posted:

Also, the right is a death cult, anything that kills people is great for them. They loving love people dying, whether its someone who they think deserved it so they can jerk off over it, or its someone who didn't deserve it so they can call them a martyr and get all hosed up over it and use it as a prop to attack someone else, or to inspire fear to keep everyone in line. Its how their god punishes people and also the only way they know to solve problems.
A surprising amount of americans support killing the entire planet to force jesus to come back during their lifetimes because they're also terrified of death, and afraid to die and see if they believed in the right religion. It's that combination of fear and doubt that fuels their fanaticism, like if they can worship death and BE death, they don't have to be afraid of it because they're on the same side as it, or friends or something. Death will treat us better because we worshiped it or something, but they're not sure, so they deal with that by lashing out super hard against anything that makes them think about it.

When their God makes the decisions it becomes deliciously simple.

So simple in fact that they don't have to read or learn anything, like their own religious texts. All is a state of bliss once you do/pray/say X you are already guaranteed something better than suicide bombers. Just sit on your rear end and wait for death or the Apocalypse.

One is certain so for best results try to invoke the other.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Important meme question: How many meters could a trebuchet launch 30-50 hogs?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Segmentation Fox posted:

Important meme question: How many meters could a trebuchet launch 30-50 hogs?

A trebuchet could launch a single boar around 300m

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

are the hogs in question feral?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

My favorite part is when conservatives feel an inanimate object has wronged them, so they try to "kill" it because that's literally the only way they know to deal with problems. Like when a parent takes away their kids xbox or whatever and they have to make a loving ISIS video of them ritualistically executing it in the yard or whatever.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

A Moose posted:

My favorite part is when conservatives feel an inanimate object has wronged them, so they try to "kill" it because that's literally the only way they know to deal with problems. Like when a parent takes away their kids xbox or whatever and they have to make a loving ISIS video of them ritualistically executing it in the yard or whatever.

Important question vis a vis this yard and it's hog content.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lt_kennedy posted:

30-50 feral keurig machines

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gerald Ford died today, consumed by 30-50 feral hogs.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

:lol: I can hear it perfectly

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

lt_kennedy posted:

Sorry I couldn't answer this right away, but 30-50 feral hogs just tore through my yard. fortunately this is still AMERICA and my ability to own several automated fully-automatic mounted guns is still as important as it ever was. Unfortunately my children died in the hail of bullets defending me from the hog menace, but their deaths will not be in vain! Their deaths will serve to remind us that we must never ever ever ever ever make it even a little bit harder for literally anyone to own any kind of gun, because the HOG MENACE is and will always be out there, waiting for us to drop our guard

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Did Bushmaster start a meme? What message would he write with the corpses of 30-50 feral hogs?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Azhais posted:

A trebuchet could launch a single boar around 300m

Dungeon Ecology posted:

are the hogs in question feral?

What is the speed of an unladen feral hog when launched from a trebuchet?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I've encountered hundreds, maybe thousands of feral hogs and I've only met one that didn't immediately run away at a twig snapping, much less gunfire.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

50 feral hogs
and you're too late
In the yard within 3-5 minutes

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/DzG7VOx.mp4

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Kuros posted:

What is the speed of an unladen feral hog when launched from a trebuchet?

African or European?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What is a yard? A feral pile of 30 - 50 hogs!

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

FactsAreUseless posted:

He was delicious

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would be delighted to have even 15 to 20 feral hogs in my yard

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJfd9ufE84

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I wish feral hogs tasted good, as to promote more people hunting them. As it is right now they taste terrible due to their steady diet of children that are left unattended for 3-5 minutes.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Android Apocalypse posted:

I wish feral hogs tasted good, as to promote more people hunting them. As it is right now they taste terrible due to their steady diet of children that are left unattended for 3-5 minutes.
*snaps fingers* grass fed children

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol this is the only version of Brokaw that should be remembered at this point.

He’s doing the thing old white men do and spouting whatever chud nonsense is on his mind.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pls don't doxx me.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bane was the true hero all along

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Dash Rendar posted:

Bane was the true hero all along

gently caress you if you don't recognize the hero of Batman: ouch my rich back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Someone please post the Bane/KingDave mash up.
It's loving nice out.