Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Flyinglemur posted:

Well then Bender, here you go. I started loving around with concrete and lightboxes and came up with this:

I hooked the boxes up to a terminal on the other side of the concrete and put one box on the same side as the terminal so I could see what color I was changing it to without having to fly around like a flying around person:

The Penguins? I'd call you disgusting gutter trash, but that would be a compliment to someone from Pittsburgh.

LA Kings fo' lyfe!

Edit: :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

The Penguins? I'd call you disgusting gutter trash, but that would be a compliment to someone from Pittsburgh.

LA Kings fo' lyfe!

Edit: :haw:

This may blow your mind but I'm actually not even from PA nor have I ever lived there. Just a very old fan :)

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Flyinglemur posted:

If the word Pens looks like Penis to you, that doesn't sound like a "me" problem.

Oh, right. I'm in the Fallout thread. We have to be super serious about everything.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Malpais Legate posted:

Oh, right. I'm in the Fallout thread. We have to be super serious about everything.

;) As a lifetime Pens fan, believe me that this is not the first time I've heard this very clever pun. It's all good. :glomp:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

khy posted:

Has the thing where the infected mole rats in Vault 81 infecting the player via the protectron ever been fixed?

:(

I thought I was the only one who couldn't get rid of the disease.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone come over to my house and build me a giant light up sign that says "Oh boy, I sure do wish the Philles were't awful."

tia

("PS. eff off, Crosby.")

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Doctor Butts posted:

Well, if you are on PC, just do a ~ help "Cure" 4, then player.additem whatever that code is and take the cure.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone come over to my house and build me a giant light up sign that says "Oh boy, I sure do wish the Eagles weren't awful."

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone come over to my house and build me a giant light up sign that says "Oh boy, I sure do wish the Philles were't awful."

tia

("PS. eff off, Crosby.")

Yo I got you, Fam. Gimme a day.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ugh post patch on the bone and now my menu takes upwards of 20 second just to quicksave

I cleared the cache and powercycled but no luck

boo hiss

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

GET MY BELT SON posted:

ugh post patch on the bone and now my menu takes upwards of 20 second just to quicksave

I cleared the cache and powercycled but no luck

boo hiss

Same here, but at least now in the workshop mode it shows what each settler is assigned to, which is awesome.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

To have and lost is better than never had at all

I guess

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Does this patch make it easier to get the happiness achievement

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
At least they didn't patch the shipment exploit - just confirmed that I can still do it on Xbox

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

It shouldn't bother me as much as it does. It's only a few points of HP and I can console command them away. But still. For some reason it irritates the gently caress out of me.

Did the patch break the 'drop weapons to lower settlement size' glitch?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone else have a BSOD happen while playing this? I got one earlier. I have had quite a few weird bugs since I have started playing, which is par for the coarse with Gamebryo, but never a BSOD.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

RC Cola posted:

Does this patch make it easier to get the happiness achievement

I just got this and it really wasnt too difficult, just time consuming:

Went to the Red Rocket truck stop, spammed a load of wooden crates till the size bar turned orange

Stuck a turret on the roof, built a bed under shelter. Stuck 20 or so purified water, and the same amount of Mutfruits in the workshop

Build the highest level bar you can

Send one person there and assign them to the bar. I also put him in a red dress and heels, with a silly hat (but that's optional). I also gave them a big gun but no idea if they ever had to use it

Check that you have a up arrow on the happiness meter and then just carry on with the game. It ticks up slowly, waiting or sleeping doesn't seem to up it. So just go play the game and check back every now and again

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Danse storyline with the BoS is incredible. I wasn't eager to play as the BoS since I figured it would just be a mindless "be a soldier and go kill the bad guys" simulator, but that was not the case at all. GOTY

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

The Danse storyline with the BoS is incredible. I wasn't eager to play as the BoS since I figured it would just be a mindless "be a soldier and go kill the bad guys" simulator, but that was not the case at all. GOTY

Source your quotes.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
Playing on PS4--whee!--does anybody know if the new patch increases performance around Goodneighbor? It's really the only area of the game that gives me any problems. I have to say, I've read a lot of console horror stories about bugs and glitches, but other than a couple of crashes and one piece of dialogue getting cut off mid sentence, I haven't experienced anything game-breaking.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
This game drives me crazy, it's truly a mistake to buy a Bethesda game on a console. I guess I'll describe it as entertainingly boring. Glad I played it and everything but gently caress it seemed like I was in my inventory try to keep my carry weight down 50% of the time.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

blackshreds posted:

This game drives me crazy, it's truly a mistake to buy a Bethesda game on a console. I guess I'll describe it as entertainingly boring. Glad I played it and everything but gently caress it seemed like I was in my inventory try to keep my carry weight down 50% of the time.

I went Strength 9 for Melee so I didn't really have problems with carry weight, but if you do I would suggest going with Dogmeat as your companion and getting the Lone Wanderer perks for the extra carry weight (Dogmeat doesn't count as a companion). Also fast travel back to Sanctuary often and quick transfer junk to your workbench.

But yeah with junk actually having use in Fallout 4, I found myself having to micromanage more. I never bothered with junk in Fallout 3, but now I'm all "This has ceramics AND circuitry?!" whenever I see a hot plate.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also wearing power armor gives you a big boost to carry weight, and you can use ballistic weave from the railroad to eventually make a set of armor with 220 DT that weighs a combined 2 pounds. Companions can wear armor that is modded to boost carry weight as well. In my current game, my combined loadout of poo poo I actually use was about 100 pounds even. With power armor, I have a weight capacity of over 400 pounds, and Dance can carry over 200. So that's 500 pounds of space available for aluminum cans and desk fans in between dump trips to the workshop. I don't need anywhere near that much, so I usually carry 150-200 bottles of purified water with me as currency.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

AgentHaiTo posted:

Well, if you are on PC, just do a ~ help "Cure" 4, then player.additem whatever that code is and take the cure.

There are two scenarios where I allow myself to use console to cheat because I disagree with the game mechanics:

1. Molerat disease. I spent hours carefully going through vault 81 to avoid getting bit, only to find that if your companion got bit, you would get the disease. I had no moral objections to consoling that drat cure into my inventory after that.

2. Ownership of power armor. If I spend the time to strategically remove a raider from his power armor (stealing or shooting out the fusion core) That suit is MINE! I liberally apply "setownership" to any power armor I "steal"

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

Djarum posted:

Anyone else have a BSOD happen while playing this? I got one earlier. I have had quite a few weird bugs since I have started playing, which is par for the coarse with Gamebryo, but never a BSOD.

Are you running any mods? Mods will almost always be the source of a crash. Otherwise it will likely come down to a memory issue. What are your PC stats?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I just finished the Devil's Due quest in the Museum of Witchcraft. I didn't know that the deathclaw that appears when you return the egg was supposed to be friendly, so I killed it, and apparently didn't see the gauntlet lying there either. :haw:

The other highlight of today's play was when I went to Vault 81 and a security guard said to me "You're a brave woman...", in reference to the mole rat disease quest. You learn something new about your character every day in this game.

Regarding that quest, it almost seems like the disease doesn't do enough. I mean, the big lofty moral dilemma of that quest is either give the cure away to save a dying child or keep it for yourself to get rid of that negligible HP penalty. Not quite the same. The bug of catching it through companions or the Protectron is hilarious though.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

lunatikfringe posted:

Are you running any mods? Mods will almost always be the source of a crash. Otherwise it will likely come down to a memory issue. What are your PC stats?

No mods, have never had any issues before last night either. i7 4770, 16GB of RAM, 970 GTX, everything else runs perfectly fine as well.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 10, 2016

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Speaking of companions in power armor, do they not use up fusion cores? I ran through dunwich borers last night (awesome) and about an hour of playtime before hand and it never got used up.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

lunatikfringe posted:

1. Molerat disease. I spent hours carefully going through vault 81 to avoid getting bit, only to find that if your companion got bit, you would get the disease. I had no moral objections to consoling that drat cure into my inventory after that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8908/

Here you go. Fixes that whole "If the mole rat bites anything but the player the player is still infected" issue.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I started a character with 10 points in STR, so extra HP and carry weight. The -10hp from mole rats was just loving dumb. Also, 390 carry weight right off the bat. gently caress that power armor.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

A friend just got the game and Im watching em on Steam. I tried to explain weapon upgrades to him, but idk if its accurate anymore; is it currently worth upgrading anything but damage on a gun? Or are the other options more appealing now compared to launch?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dandywalken posted:

A friend just got the game and Im watching em on Steam. I tried to explain weapon upgrades to him, but idk if its accurate anymore; is it currently worth upgrading anything but damage on a gun? Or are the other options more appealing now compared to launch?

Add clip size if it empties its clip fast, add recoil comp if it has big recoil, add a scope to hunting rifles to make a sniper rifle. They rest is gravy.

Still, there's no reason not to upgrade a gun, unless you have a pressing need for the parts somewhere else. You get a bit of XP, and you can sell the old mod.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Gynovore posted:

Add clip size if it empties its clip fast, add recoil comp if it has big recoil, add a scope to hunting rifles to make a sniper rifle. They rest is gravy.

Still, there's no reason not to upgrade a gun, unless you have a pressing need for the parts somewhere else. You get a bit of XP, and you can sell the old mod.

Hell, even if the old mod is just the standard stock or something, it breaks down into components that can be used later.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Any news on how modding is going to work on Xbox? I'm intensely interested in that.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

AwkwardKnob posted:

Any news on how modding is going to work on Xbox? I'm intensely interested in that.

Code it on a PC and release it through the marketplace? As Microsoft continues to ramp up their "universal platform" thing, there is actually no reason Xbox owners shouldn't be playing essentially the same games as Windows users with a few surface tweaks.

I mean we're going to be streaming XBox games to our PCs pretty soon, right?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I don't think there have been any news releases or new details about how cross platform modding and mod tools will work since the game was released. They have been suprisingly tight lipped. Has Pete Hines had to insult anyone lately?

They haven't even mentioned what they have planned in the way of DLC.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I don't think there have been any news releases or new details about how cross platform modding and mod tools will work since the game was released. They have been suprisingly tight lipped. Has Pete Hines had to insult anyone lately?

They haven't even mentioned what they have planned in the way of DLC.

Cross platform modding and mod tools LOLOL.

Litmus Test on how likely that is- open up console prompt on Xbox and spawn some death claws to fight.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
From what little I have heard they will have to be made and developed using the official toolset which will be much more limited in functionality and scope than what older tools had. They will be submitted to Bethesda for approval and then all controlled in their walled garden. I believe one of the hold ups is the console makers want Bethesda to curate the market more to only allow "the best of the best" where Bethesda, likely rightfully, wants no part in that as the can of worms it will open will be massive. The DLC and Mod info will come at the pre-E3 conference. Likely both will be dropping at or very near that time, much like Fallout Shelter did.

I have 3rd/4th hand info but from a couple of different sources so I am fairly sure it is close enough to what they are planning at this point. It matches up with their DLC release schedule for Skyrim as well (November release, June DLC).

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Djarum posted:

From what little I have heard they will have to be made and developed using the official toolset which will be much more limited in functionality and scope than what older tools had. They will be submitted to Bethesda for approval and then all controlled in their walled garden. I believe one of the hold ups is the console makers want Bethesda to curate the market more to only allow "the best of the best" where Bethesda, likely rightfully, wants no part in that as the can of worms it will open will be massive. The DLC and Mod info will come at the pre-E3 conference. Likely both will be dropping at or very near that time, much like Fallout Shelter did.

I have 3rd/4th hand info but from a couple of different sources so I am fairly sure it is close enough to what they are planning at this point. It matches up with their DLC release schedule for Skyrim as well (November release, June DLC).

If this is true, the blowback from the PC modding community will be considerable. On the other hand, it's likely they'll try to build some additional tools to get around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
Regarding mods, if I sell them I don't lose them? Is that correct? I've got a ton and am not sure what to do with them.

• Locked thread