Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

New images of iGear's IDW seekers

I'm still not crazy about that head, but it's way better than the old weird animated one. I also don't like the sky blue they used for Thundercracker, but I'll still probably but them all since none of the leaks have suggested Hasbro's going to release anything like them beyond the legends guy, and apparently IDW Starscream's in the Armada body now so I doubt there's anything new coming.

drat, that F-22 mode is really awesome looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

His chest is loving PISSED.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Seconding new heads being better but still sorta bad. But that's not a big deal, somebody will prob sell a new head for it.

I can't not see the angry furby face in the chest, though

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Lepecard posted:

For anybody that hasn't seen the recently announced Mega-Drive Megatron by Tomy, here it is:

This'll be the first toy I import....depending on the price.

So when're we getting Super FamiConvoy?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

Seconding new heads being better but still sorta bad. But that's not a big deal, somebody will prob sell a new head for it.

I can't not see the angry furby face in the chest, though

Yeah, was definitely thinking angry owl.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

An Angry Bug posted:

Then you're probably not going to be a TF collector for long.

Odds: beaten.

I'm just choosy I guess. :v:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Knormal posted:

I'm still not crazy about that head, but it's way better than the old weird animated one. I also don't like the sky blue they used for Thundercracker, but I'll still probably but them all since none of the leaks have suggested Hasbro's going to release anything like them beyond the legends guy, and apparently IDW Starscream's in the Armada body now so I doubt there's anything new coming.

Yeah, definitely does not look bad. I can't afford them, nor do I have room on my shelf to upgrade all my deluxe seekers to Voyagers, but they look pretty decent.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zaa Boogie posted:

So when're we getting Super FamiConvoy?
Sega do what Nintendon't. :(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Knormal posted:

They look great. I bet they also scale better with the voyager Megatron mold (the nerf gun, not the tank).

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...rentPage=search

you saw it here first

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Actually I saw one in a very tatty and ripped box in a UK TRU on Sunday. Same price in GBP (so ~$200).

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Rage posted:

Yeah, was definitely thinking angry owl.

The seekers can be chestbros with Prime Rumble. :v:

Yeah, the heads still aren't that great. And the arms seem a little weedy, too. A little too thin, especially if they didn't have the guns plugged in. And the same head for all three figures. :(

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I booked a room at TFcon, it's only $30 a night if you cram four people in a room.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

I booked a room at TFcon, it's only $30 a night if you cram four people in a room.

Which one?

I really want to go to both Toronto and Chicago, but my family really wants to go to Italy this year as my grandma is getting pretty old, and a good friend of mine is getting married in October (tentatively the week after TFCon Chicago) so I honestly don't know what I'm going to be doing.

I better finalize my plans pretty soon, because if I don't get plane tickets like now, it's going to cost an arm and a leg.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Which one?

I really want to go to both Toronto and Chicago, but my family really wants to go to Italy this year as my grandma is getting pretty old, and a good friend of mine is getting married in October (tentatively the week after TFCon Chicago) so I honestly don't know what I'm going to be doing.

I better finalize my plans pretty soon, because if I don't get plane tickets like now, it's going to cost an arm and a leg.

You're gonna go with me to Chicago, right? The plane tickets can actually wait until you find a sale, right up about three weeks before the event (then panic.)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

You're gonna go with me to Chicago, right? The plane tickets can actually wait until you find a sale, right up about three weeks before the event (then panic.)

I'm really not sure. The family wants to go to Italy for a couple weeks and I only have 14 vacation days. Lord knows I would much, much rather go to a fun toy convention over the Vatican, but, well... I might be obligated to go. I have certain relatives who are very, very pushy and hold grudges.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm really not sure. The family wants to go to Italy for a couple weeks and I only have 14 vacation days. Lord knows I would much, much rather go to a fun toy convention over the Vatican, but, well... I might be obligated to go. I have certain relatives who are very, very pushy and hold grudges.

Two days off is all you need, Friday and Monday. Looks like flights are about $300 right now.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 10, 2014

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I am fairly interested in TFCon, but I've never been to a convention of any kind really. What is the schedule like? What happens? What's the appeal for those of you who have gone before?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I picked up Armada Starscream and Scoop today at Target. They're both neat little bots, nothing groundbreaking or amazing, but I am glad to have them. I thought about getting the minicon team, but the combined mode didn't do it for me in package.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Magic posted:

I am fairly interested in TFCon, but I've never been to a convention of any kind really. What is the schedule like? What happens? What's the appeal for those of you who have gone before?

This is the schedule from the last TFcon -> http://www.tfcon.ca/tfcon-2013-event-schedule
Toy nerds hang out, people will bring the latest releases and some internet famous will bring prototypes and early figures. The customizing class was fun, we popped apart an FE BB and modified it to look like Decepticharge. There are things you can walk in and out of like movies or cartoons being shown. There are things you can plan all year for, like custom toy and costume contests. Haggle and buy toys in the dealer room. Sell and trade toys in the hotel rooms. Meet and greet artists and voice actors, get autographs, etc. At night hit the hotel bar and drink past your tolerances and let everyone know what you really think about your least favorite comic/toy/movie thing. Dress up as Weird Al and sing karaoke. Spend every last dollar you've got, or eat only one meal at Burger King.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nice, this one is listed and numbered under Masterpiece.

Is the Platinum Starscream supposed to be part of Generations, or something else? I know Platinum had poo poo under G1 re-releases,Prime, and Generations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

strangehamster posted:

Two days off is all you need, Friday and Monday. Looks like flights are about $300 right now.

I'm going to try and reason with the family. I don't think we need to spend an entire two weeks in Italy.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm going to try and reason with the family. I don't think we need to spend an entire two weeks in Italy.

Fingers crossed, I'm probably driving and bringing along some toys to sell or trade.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Fair warning: "I think we should spend less time in one of the most historically rich and beautiful places on the planet so I can go to a toy robot convention" may not be seen as "reasoning" by people who don't post in this thread.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

Fair warning: "I think we should spend less time in one of the most historically rich and beautiful places on the planet so I can go to a toy robot convention" may not be seen as "reasoning" by people who don't post in this thread.

Joke is here about buying a pizza, meeting some Italian-Americans, visiting a museum.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Another fair warning, you can still buy MISB g1 figures in Italy because nobody gave a poo poo about them and any thrift store probably has a half dozen or so sealed transformers of any assorted generation you can think of.

not only that, they're cheap.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Another fair warning, you can still buy MISB g1 figures in Italy because nobody gave a poo poo about them and any thrift store probably has a half dozen or so sealed transformers of any assorted generation you can think of.

not only that, they're cheap.

BRB

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I went for 2 weeks as a "I'm going to my most desired location before we have any kids dammit" compromise and was ready to come home after a week. So I don't think you're actually that crazy.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

God that gold chrome is still so hideous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Was on the other end of town so I went into another Target. Found the Predaking for $12.50. Since I bought the others on my red card they adjusted the price then and there.
Target is a pretty cool store to deal with.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man I hate what Michael Bay did to Wheeljack

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I went for 2 weeks as a "I'm going to my most desired location before we have any kids dammit" compromise and was ready to come home after a week. So I don't think you're actually that crazy.

I find most vacations that last more than a week start to lose their luster after the first 5-7 days.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Picked up clearance Predaking and he's pretty lovely. It'll make a cool gift for my four old nephew at least.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

I find most vacations that last more than a week start to lose their luster after the first 5-7 days.

You wanna know what drives people crazy?

1 month vacations to Disney World with 4 children.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

How on earth do you afford a one month vacation to Disney?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

1%problems.txt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

Picked up clearance Predaking and he's pretty lovely. It'll make a cool gift for my four old nephew at least.

Robot mode is pretty boss. Beast mode is very lame. The friend I picked one up for was out on that end of town as well and snatched one up so I have one to return now.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

therealjon_ posted:

You should go to Vanuatu.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Taint Reaper posted:

And these 100 dollar bills really chafe when I use them as toilet paper!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
People that live in the glass house of the TF thread should not throw rocks about disposable income.