Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hah the 'rare card' was actually a really good card. wow.

Dabir posted:

Reira more like Reiden.
That only applies if there is a Jack the Reirpa hidden somewhere inside.

Bee Force? Really? For the Yusei stand-in?
Though I really can't complain about an insect archetype. Hasn't been one since Inzektors, iirc.

I am fully expecting someone to come out with a scrap/junk deck considering the garbage facility thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bee Force? Really? For the Yusei stand-in?
Though I really can't complain about an insect archetype. Hasn't been one since Inzektors, iirc.

I wouldn't expect too much since one of the monstera in the preview looked like Armored Bee.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Traptrix, partially.

Insects are one of those types that doesn't get much love from Konami.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I've been playing around with the game, and I found out the real reason why Yugi beat all his opponents:

Their deckbuilding sucked! Weevil's deck is anime-accurate, meaning that his gimmick is PUGM, and Kaiba's deck is... not good.
It doesn't help that Yugi's deck in the first duel is Exodia Underdog.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Something curious with the whole Reiden situation is that he and Reiji are having hijinks over at Synchro with the main cast, so... last we saw of Himika was her making this huge propaganda video to get kids excited to be super heroic duelists and parents to get happy to be able to enlist their children in this prestigious school for freebies and protect their freedom. Himika had to scrap the bottom of a war-torn country-barrel to get Reiden, now there are masses of children at her door happy to be child soldiers, by now she probably has a handful of candidates to put on that chair Reiden was on.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just saw the latest episode and goddamn the Akaba's are awful people. I wonder if this is why Reiji hasn't been getting many duels or much focus, because he's really not being portrayed as the rival and more like a guy who could secretly be a villain down the line. Even when the episode did show that he legitimately cares about Reira and want's him to become his own person it still tries to paint him in an ambiguous light, because he does point out that having your own will is necessary to become a better duelist. So he may just care about Reira's growth in order for him to become a more powerful solider. I liked what this episode did for both Reiji and Reira's character, there was some interesting stuff.

Oh yeah, and next episode Shinji is going to try an incite a rebellion against the corrupt government but Tsukikage is going to stop him. The Lancers are the least heroic protagonist group ever. :allears:

Also,

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Something curious with the whole Reiden situation is that he and Reiji are having hijinks over at Synchro with the main cast, so... last we saw of Himika was her making this huge propaganda video to get kids excited to be super heroic duelists and parents to get happy to be able to enlist their children in this prestigious school for freebies and protect their freedom. Himika had to scrap the bottom of a war-torn country-barrel to get Reiden, now there are masses of children at her door happy to be child soldiers, by now she probably has a handful of candidates to put on that chair Reiden was on.

I'm willing to bet that Reira being an empty shell or whatever was necessary for the child soldier procedure and Himika won't necessarily be able to replicate it on regular people.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Most likely, yeah, but she's got thousands of kids to work with, some might be messed up enough to use, like not to get Reiden 2.0 but at least get some enhanced soldiers.

Alternatevely we come back and Yusho's students are basically the Winds of Destruction.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Don't forget that we've already seen fusion field literal cyborg card game warriors, maybe standard is looking to catch up. :v:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Don't forget that we've already seen fusion field literal cyborg card game warriors, maybe standard is looking to catch up. :v:

Where do you think Mama Akaba is getting the technology from?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Alternatevely we come back and Yusho's students are basically the Winds of Destruction.

I need this to happen. :swoon:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"I'M SHIBERERU INVINCIBLE"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Where do you think Mama Akaba is getting the technology from?

Anime lottery or anime yakuza. Pick one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"ENTERTAINMENT DUELS ARE NOTHING BUT MEMES, YUYA!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nanopolymerizations, son.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't wait 'till we get to Leo, tho

"'I have a dream.' That one day every duelist in this multiverse will control their own meta. A dimension of the truly traditional formats, dammit. A dimension of action, not rulings, ruled by strength, not tournament judges! Where the timing changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where the limited and forbiddens are back where they belong: in the hands of the duelists! Where every man is free to think - to build decks - for himself! gently caress all these limp-dick nekroz and chickenshit qliphort. gently caress this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and anime bullshit! gently caress tournament pride! gently caress the media! gently caress ALL OF IT! Tournaments are diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving them - we need to pull dueling out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes, a new dimension will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive - free to live as they see fit, they'll make dueling great again! ...In my new dimension, people will die and duel for what they BELIEVE! Not for rare cards. not for staples! Not for what they're told is competitive. Every man will be free to duel his own wars!"

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"'I have a dream.' That one day every duelist in this multiverse will control their own meta. A dimension of the truly traditional formats, dammit. A dimension of action, not rulings, ruled by strength, not tournament judges! Where the timing changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where the limited and forbiddens are back where they belong: in the hands of the duelists! Where every man is free to think - to build decks - for himself! gently caress all these limp-dick nekroz and chickenshit qliphort. gently caress this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and anime bullshit! gently caress tournament pride! gently caress the media! gently caress ALL OF IT! Tournaments are diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving them - we need to pull dueling out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes, a new dimension will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive - free to live as they see fit, they'll make dueling great again! ...In my new dimension, people will die and duel for what they BELIEVE! Not for rare cards. not for staples! Not for what they're told is competitive. Every man will be free to duel his own wars!"

:golfclap:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait 'till we get to Leo, tho

:perfect:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Legacy of the Duelist.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Senerio posted:

Legacy of the Duelist.

Wait what? How did you manage that? I thought Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth being summonable was a myth!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wait what? How did you manage that? I thought Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth being summonable was a myth!

It's the only way Weevil can beat Yugi.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's not supposed to happen.

I think you found

a bug.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Cardgames on I don't even know what anymore

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

JamMasterJim posted:

Haha what the gently caress?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

JamMasterJim posted:

Dueling is Art.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Duel Runner.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Volfogg posted:

Dueling is Art.

Yup this episode was really good.
1 episode duels are the best.

Except when they are multi episode season enders with multiple anime reversal plays.
then theyre even better.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I knew the Ninja was going to rule. :allears:

But can I wait until the episode is subbed to watch the epic duel between ninjas and bees??

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I knew the Ninja was going to rule. :allears:

But can I wait until the episode is subbed to watch the epic duel between ninjas and bees??

As always in purely dueling episodes, You can pretty much infer what is being said, as well as the monster effects.

Unless you want to know exactly what Card Game Che Guevara has to say.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
The lancers got jobbed again. What a surprise.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Reiji's elite team getting clowned upon by anyone of note in synchro so far is great.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I've gotta say, with this latest episode Yuya's English voice has really grown on me. Especially the gag with him sleeping in class. Sawatari occasionally peppering his speech with French was a pretty good way of localizing him, too.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Slur posted:

I thought he threw the match?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tsuki losing sucks, but Arc-V is always better when Reiji's spinning some needlessly elaborate, destructive, horseshit plan, so, I'm down.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Haven't seen it, but Tsukikage losing just means he'll be part of the trash underground rebellion and do the whole "escape into the city by going on a bike through the trash tunnel at the exact right time" so that'll be cooler that whatever card games go on above ground

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta love how the writers made sure the first match where Crow's victory is actually in question is against a girl, and possibly the female lead of the series at that. If it's him VS Yuzu it's really a coin flip since both have equally valid claim to being a good final opponent for Yuya.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 10, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wait, what? Is that just some speculation or is that some spoilers from the future episode synopsis' they sometimes do. If it's the later you might want to spoiler tag it for the rest of us.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Justin_Brett posted:

Gotta love how the writers made sure the first match where Crow's victory is actually in question is against a girl, and possibly the female lead of the series at that. If it's him VS Yuzu it's really a coin flip since both have equally valid claim to being a good final opponent for Yuya.

Did you mean to say Synchro instead of Crow 'cause that's kinda the only way this sentence makes sense.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wait, what? Is that just some speculation or is that some spoilers from the future episode synopsis' they sometimes do. If it's the later you might want to spoiler tag it for the rest of us.

Oh I'm loving dumb, I thought it was a normal tournament bracket somehow.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 10, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I wouldn't try to bank at all on the matches for the next round 'til we get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Cross posting from the weird fan art thread