Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Snak posted:

it's true, Onryoki's boss arena is like, the smallest one in the game.

Its not even that he was hard, phase 1 is unfun due to spacing and the steel balls track a bit, so I died twice cause I dodged too early, and then I had to shoebox again.

Oni Lady from the last chance demo made a better first boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

This thread is poo poo but

Fix posted:

Yakuza 0 is so good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Its not even that he was hard, phase 1 is unfun due to spacing and the steel balls track a bit, so I died twice cause I dodged too early, and then I had to shoebox again.

Oni Lady from the last chance demo made a better first boss.

Dodging too early is like, 90% of new player woes, even if they don't realize it. But honestly, it's not that cramped. I fought him like, a dozen times between the demos, though, so I don't even remember what it's like doing the fight for the first time.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nier automata is out soon. I hope it is a good video game. I would like to play the good game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bombadilillo posted:

Why? I know Im going to have a lot of trouble going back to DS combat for the DS3 dlc.

The combat feels a little floaty and Oni aren't that much fun to fight.

Depending on type tho.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I like fighting yokai, but they are also too easy because I am a magic build. And you can just shoot them in the face once and kill them while they are stunned.

edit: floaty is a strange word for such crisp and fast combat. But yeah, it's not a game for everyone.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Andrast posted:

:siren: I am not going to get a pro :siren:

:same:

I might be getting a slim though. Not going to support incremental upgrades for consoles even if I can afford it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I really like the Nioh bosses. They definitely hark back to Ninja Gaiden style bosses where you figure out the patterns and the best ways to attack and prey on vulnerabilities. Once you've mastered the boss, you can beat it on every try. At least, that's been true of every boss for me so far with the exception of the optional lightning samurai dude. It still applies to him but the margin for error is extremely thin.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

I really like the Nioh bosses. They definitely hark back to Ninja Gaiden style bosses where you figure out the patterns and the best ways to attack and prey on vulnerabilities. Once you've mastered the boss, you can beat it on every try. At least, that's been true of every boss for me so far with the exception of the optional lightning samurai dude. It still applies to him but the margin for error is extremely thin.

i havent' played past clearing the villiage because yakuza is so hot. if you want to coop with me through the other beta levels i've already seen this weekend i'm down.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

katkillad2 posted:

:same:

I might be getting a slim though. Not going to support incremental upgrades for consoles even if I can afford it.

gently caress that. I don't want play games on 8 year old hardware like last gen. So far its been handled well, not seeing anything compromised on the PoorS4, just better on pro.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

i havent' played past clearing the villiage because yakuza is so hot. if you want to coop with me through the other beta levels i've already seen this weekend i'm down.

Sure, I'd be up for that.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I wish you could see the list of kodama in the level. Searching for them is kinda frustrating. I'm missing one in level 2 and I cannot find it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Keep 1 piece of gear with kodama sense on it in your inventory at all times

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I wish you could see the list of kodama in the level. Searching for them is kinda frustrating. I'm missing one in level 2 and I cannot find it

The level selection screen shows which ones in "order" that you have and haven't found. Also, always use something with Kodama Sense when doing levels that have them.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Digirat posted:

Keep 1 piece of gear with kodama sense on it in your inventory at all times

Okay, didn't know that stat existed, will reroll that ASAP.

^^^^yeah, but that's not in the level, why? Quitting out, checking the number, replaying the level after looking it up seems.. So unstreamlined, while the rest of the game isn't

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is the Miku Season Pass worth it?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Somebody said this was the worst thread in Games. I didn't believe them. I read the last few pages. Yeesh. Come on friends, we don't have to repeatedly jump on each other about liking video games.

That's why we're here! To talk about games we like and dislike but without getting so emotionally involved that you take it as an attack on your person. Please be friendlier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like your snipperclips tag vg

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Somebody said this was the worst thread in Games. I didn't believe them. I read the last few pages. Yeesh. Come on friends, we don't have to repeatedly jump on each other about liking video games.

That's why we're here! To talk about games we like and dislike but without getting so emotionally involved that you take it as an attack on your person. Please be friendlier.

Come on, the Switch Thread or Conan Exiles must be worse. They had goon vs non goon clan dong drama in there.

I like your 2017 Themed Month Thread by the way, it's a good read.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Mr E posted:

Is the Miku Season Pass worth it?

The songs in the first pack are pretty good. Not sure exactly what the full season entails, but seems like 12 songs (plus modules, EX charts) for 25 bucks. Math isn't great there, but I picked it up because I really enjoy the game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Come on, the Switch Thread or Conan Exiles must be worse. They had goon vs non goon clan dong drama in there.

I like your 2017 Themed Month Thread by the way, it's a good read.

They are differing kinds of bad. It saddens me to see all the slapfights in each of them for something as simple as liking a game/disliking a game.

I think I want there to be less negativity. The world has enough of it going on. That we can come together in a hobby we all love is the ideal.

My PS4 has only been with me for a month and I love it to bits. There is so much great stuff about it, from UI to games, to ease of integration that I feel there should be so much more positivity here!

I'm not saying don't make fun of games you dislike, because heck, that's fun too. Just be funny about it. The personal back and forths are not so welcome to read. I want pages to not have posts start with "this thread is terrible". If you feel this way, then it does not help the thread.

Also thank you! It is quite a refreshing way to game!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

The songs in the first pack are pretty good. Not sure exactly what the full season entails, but seems like 12 songs (plus modules, EX charts) for 25 bucks. Math isn't great there, but I picked it up because I really enjoy the game.
It kinda matches the price/songs of previous Miku games I guess, but I can't believe they suddenly sold a game with 200+ songs for the same price as the others.

I'm still poking away at Diva X but I have just given up on its whole main mode with the quests and everything. It's just confusing and annoying. For example, how come event quests have been easy and flexible so far and then suddenly it tells me I have to beat one of the hardest songs on extreme?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 16, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

They are differing kinds of bad. It saddens me to see all the slapfights in each of them for something as simple as liking a game/disliking a game.

I think I want there to be less negativity. The world has enough of it going on. That we can come together in a hobby we all love is the ideal.

My PS4 has only been with me for a month and I love it to bits. There is so much great stuff about it, from UI to games, to ease of integration that I feel there should be so much more positivity here!

I'm not saying don't make fun of games you dislike, because heck, that's fun too. Just be funny about it. The personal back and forths are not so welcome to read. I want pages to not have posts start with "this thread is terrible". If you feel this way, then it does not help the thread.

did you get further in tf2 yet?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I agree, a select few very very bad posters in here have a tremendous amount of difficulty accepting that people enjoy a game they think is bad, and they love to let everyone know about it! They look very stupid in the process! Sad!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

VideoGames posted:

But more importantly, is it a Pro or a Poor?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

did you get further in tf2 yet?

I finished effect and cause! I wish there was more time shenanigans.

I had to put it down just after getting the radar dish transmitter.
TitanFall2 is really excellent!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fuzz posted:

But more importantly, is it a Pro or a Poor?

It's a slim. Is that the poor one? It's awesome in any case!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I finished effect and cause! I wish there was more time shenanigans.

I had to put it down just after getting the radar dish transmitter.
TitanFall2 is really excellent!

the missions stay just as good following that even without the shifting

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wandle Cax posted:

I agree, a select few very very bad posters in here have a tremendous amount of difficulty accepting that people enjoy a game they think is bad, and they love to let everyone know about it! They look very stupid in the process! Sad!

This feels inflammatory. Please do not do it.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

VideoGames posted:

The Spotify integration really is amazing. I think it should get a lot more love, there's people I know that don't even know you can put it on the PS4.

I love Tricky Towers and Rocket League, PS+ isn't perfect but stuff like that and the likes of Tropico and other decent stuff make it worthwhile.

Oh and it has Rayman Legends and Bloodborne. Everyone is catered for.

This is the best console I've had since the PS3, if not the PS2 or even PSX!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

VideoGames posted:

This feels inflammatory. Please do not do it.

Sorry. I like your positive attitude on this thread

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wandle Cax posted:

Sorry. I like your positive attitude on this thread

That's OK! There are no hard feelings :)

Weavered posted:

The Spotify integration really is amazing. I think it should get a lot more love, there's people I know that don't even know you can put it on the PS4.

This got me to make a spotify account!
Plus the ease of streaming and using the camera to control the system. It's ace!

I would like if there were theme previews in the store, so I could see what I might get. It's been a bit hit or miss.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you liked Titanfall 2 I'd recommend Wolfenstein the New Order and DOOM if you haven't played them yet.

They're the three best FPS games I've played in about ten years.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Nier Automata Theme is so nice.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you liked Titanfall 2 I'd recommend Wolfenstein the New Order and DOOM if you haven't played them yet.

They're the three best FPS games I've played in about ten years.

I have Wolfenstein and Doom on my PC :) I am playing both of them for FPSbruary so they are definitely getting the love too! I've been spoilt for games so far!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The Nier Automata Theme is so nice.

How do I get this and is the music amazing?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fuzz posted:

How do I get this and is the music amazing?

preorder the game digitally

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, that is F2P as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha I just started rise of the tomb raider and within the first two minutes someone calls you "Laura"

YUCK!

e: holy poo poo this game looks amazing

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 17, 2017