Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best part of trump is sean hannity going completely and utterly insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

the best part of trump is sean hannity going completely and utterly insane.

Wait which one is hannity again?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

His statement is nothing and he offered no evidence tho?

the same burden of proof established in the russia accusations works here

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
She was actually SEVENTEEN instead of 15? loving whore

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My god who could blame the poor man?!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rutibex posted:

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Haha

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

T.S. Smelliot posted:

she was 'almost seventeen', as The Hill dutifully reported

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Maya Fey posted:

she was 'almost seventeen', as The Hill dutifully reported

Practically 18, even!

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

hell if anything anthony wiener should be prosecuted for NOT having sex with her

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

lel

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This makes me feel like Democratic elite are just as much as pack of pervert sex criminals as the Republican elite.

Edit: We really shouldn't even have upper classes at all.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Accretionist posted:

This makes me feel like Democratic elite are just as much as pack of pervert sex criminals as the Republican elite.

They are, just the Republicans are usually caught with underage guys

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Accretionist posted:

Weiner went off the reservation, that was his downfall

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Accretionist posted:

They both are

Richard Epstein hung out with both parties.

Dennis Hastert, Podesta, etc.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They both are

Richard Epstein hung out with both parties.

Dennis Hastert, Podesta, etc.

Birru Clinton-sama

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

spacetoaster posted:

Practically 18, even!

Hop skip and a jump from 21 in my book. I'll bring the Bacardi Breezers

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex posted:

when you're right, you're right

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
AWFUL LOT OF SMOKE AIN'T THERE

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Accretionist posted:

I don't know if WhoWhatWhy is credible but:

https://whowhatwhy.org/2017/05/22/exclusive-weiners-underage-sexting-girl-lied-damage-clinton/

That's hilarious. The ploy only worked because Weiner was like, "Hmm, sext with a minor? Why not!"

T.S. Smelliot posted:

All this talk from The Hill and WhoWhatWhy is pretty much bullshit, and actual lawyer and law blogger Ken White from Popehat has a pretty good writeup as to why they're almost definitely full of crap

quote:

It's the law — the written statutes — that treat different ages differently. That's the meaningful distinction. Here, the victim's age is meaningful because the statute under which Weiner entered a plea — Title 18, United States Code, section 1470 — expressly requires the victim to be under 16.

quote:

quote:

quote from whowhatwhy article
This is shockingly badly researched nonsense. Weiner was charged and pled guilty explicitly on the theory that the girl was actually 15. To prosecute him on the theory "she was 17 but he thought she was 15," you'd have to prosecute him for an attempt or a conspiracy, not a substantive violation of the statute, which expressly requires the victim to be under 16. That's not what happened here. Who What Why's "federal age of consent" reference is gibberish — they are apparently referring to the restrictions of this particular statute governing sending obscene materials.

Full post here.

many johnnys fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 24, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
https://twitter.com/fusion/status/867255115530604544

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Thank you Captain Obvious

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

If only he was in some sort of position where he could've said that before she was nominated,.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I wonder if the whole russian thing going on with trump is so people won't look at hillary's ties with russia?

She gave them a very favorable deal with our uranium. And took a 500,000 dollar check from the russian government for a "speaking fee" just before she gave them the uranium.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

I wonder if the whole russian thing going on with trump is so people won't look at hillary's ties with russia?

She gave them a very favorable deal with our uranium. And took a 500,000 dollar check from the russian government for a "speaking fee" just before she gave them the uranium.

:rolleyes:
large bribes aren't corruption, thats just the way the world works. as if money could influence people lol, just lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rutibex posted:

:rolleyes:
large bribes aren't corruption, thats just the way the world works. as if money could influence people lol, just lol

Do you write for these guys? http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/mar/28/fact-checking-donald-trumps-tweets-about-hillary-c/

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Nckdictator posted:

If only he was in some sort of position where he could've said that before she was nominated

Two party system FTW
(Bernie wasn't a Dem, gotta stick with the homeboys)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Politifact and Snopes, rest in peace

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Snopes more like nopes. A shame, really, I remember browsing that site back when the Internet was young and reading cool stuff, now it's just a trash shill site relegated to the likes of MSNBC and CNN

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
FACT: It is illegal for you to read this!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FACT: the average american commits three felonies a day.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I know I do

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

BexGu posted:

I still can't believe that Hillary was so egocentric that she crafted a protegee that had the same flaws in partners as she did. Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin where suppose to be the next raising stars power couple of the Democratic Party and yet Weiner just couldn't keep his dick in his pants.
Probably a technology and generational thing, Bill is to old to sext so he just flies to islands with a pedophile billionaire whenever he wants some underage girls.
I really hope that Joe runs in 2020 and gets crushed by Trump. All the people that think that he's the coolest guy every because they actually took the Onion articles and the persona that he has created seriously are just obnoxious. I'm pretty sure that Trump would have beaten him as bad as he did Hillary since he has the same policies as Hillary but somehow manages to be even creepier than Trump which is pretty drat impressive.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

All the people that think that he's the coolest guy every because they actually took the Onion articles and the persona that he has created seriously are just obnoxious.

Leave out the Onion part and that's pretty much Donald J. Trump.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Joe Biden has folksy charm and a human range of emotion.

He'd clobber Donny Two Scoops

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Best description of Biden v. Ryan was, "A man debating a boy."

And Ryan's smarter and more mature than Trump.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

All they needed was a candidate that wasn't mired by controversy over the last 30 years. Someone who seemed honest and trustworthy to people on fringes of the Democratic party

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Rubellavator posted:

All they needed was a candidate that wasn't mired by controversy over the last 30 years. Someone who seemed honest and trustworthy to people on fringes of the Democratic party

I agree, Bernie would have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I think Trump vs Biden would be a hugely entertaining cage match

• Locked thread