Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i think drips are the polar opposite of accelerationists. the drips are by and large yes voters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I love the way it sounds

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Recoome posted:

You are delusional if you think no winning will cause protests or any kind of awakening lmao

Classic drip accelerationist, maybe you’d get better engagement on Twitter or whatever it’s called

I didn't claim anything of the sort.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Konomex posted:

It would be hilarious if the no votes wins, so the government goes "We've heard the people, this proposal didn't go far enough. We'll be putting forward a full treaty now instead". Obviously it won't happen, because if the no vote gets up they'll take it as a signal to hate on AITSL people. But I'd love to see the look on Duttons face.

If this occurred the look on Dutton's face would be one of barely-concealed delight at his outrageously good fortune

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm just sad that albo basically got tricked by the Australian public that this thing stood a chance.

It's Charlie Brown and the football except Lucy is racist.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Albo is doing the trick because it's going to win easy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The greatest trick the albo ever pulled was convincing auspol that the sensible centre doesn't exist

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

Albo is doing the trick because it's going to win easy

its cruel to troll us while we are suffering the greatest injustice australia has ever faced

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/oct/04/visa-system-to-be-target-of-labor-crackdown-after-review-uncovers-grotesque-abuses

Maybe there are other injustices that Dutton might be proud of.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Putting $15k on yes.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Putting $17K on maybe.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its cruel to troll us while we are suffering the greatest injustice australia has ever faced

If Queensland want to win a grand final they can invent their own code.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Laserface posted:

QFL will just be water polo in a crocodile pond

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Laserface posted:

the high court overruled our attempt to make human being bashing a competitive sport

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

the high court overruled our attempt to make human being bashing a competitive sport
Appeal to the supreme court! You have constitutional rights!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Konomex posted:

It would be hilarious if the no votes wins, so the government goes "We've heard the people, this proposal didn't go far enough. We'll be putting forward a full treaty now instead". Obviously it won't happen, because if the no vote gets up they'll take it as a signal to hate on AITSL people. But I'd love to see the look on Duttons face.

Lol “if” the no vote wins.

I think people keep forgetting about the double majority, and qlders.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...w-interim-order

Fucksake its not complicated just let him be named

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Spookydonut posted:

Who is funding this defense that must be costing Millions?

Is it Kerry Stokes again?

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Just as a fun survey for all y'all doom and gloom casting on the referendum, how are you going to be voting?

I'll go first - yes.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

as a qlder I voted yes but in a racist fashion

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

So a tick in the no box?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

hambeet posted:

So a tick in the no box?

no, i filled the box correctly but the word yes was tiny sketches of golliwogs

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006

Spookydonut posted:

I never realised this was a seperate case, I thought it was the same case just in another state. How the gently caress did this guy avoid the first charge when it seems he's got a history of rape.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CAMP FARTING ROCKS posted:

Just as a fun survey for all y'all doom and gloom casting on the referendum, how are you going to be voting?

I'll go first - yes.

writing something witty to prove i'm not racist to upload to twitter that accidently invalidates my vote

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

thatbastardken posted:

Muuuuuum TBK is copying me!

'Dav when "no, but racistly" wins, I vote our thread title becomes "Auspol 2023 - Task Failed Successfully"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

imnotinsane posted:

I never realised this was a seperate case, I thought it was the same case just in another state. How the gently caress did this guy avoid the first charge when it seems he's got a history of rape.

It’s incredibly hard to prove given the way our legal system is set up. I’m not surprised that QLD wants to let this play out more as the blowback will be incredible. He ought to have attended by now though and he can’t avoid it forever.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

democracy doesn't work

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

I'm just sad that albo basically got tricked by the Australian public that this thing stood a chance.

It's Charlie Brown and the football except Lucy is racist.

Nah. He's a dope if he didn't see this coming, a Morrison grade moron if he did see it coming but figured he was deft enough to handle it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The left is going to blame white uneducated people (accurately) and they're going to become even more entrenched in outer suburban F-150 identity politics.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I blame Dan Andrews and his lockdowns!!! If we'd all died of covid this wouldn't have happened.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
As The Kartofelfurher said it was divisive, I am unable to vote either Yes or No. In an act of community solidarity I will vote. I will draw a picture of an old fat white male loving this country through a very tiny hole due to diminished penial facilty.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't see any logical reason to vote no

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Voting yes baby

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Speaking of batshit excuses for racism, here's a good look at some of the narratives that are winding their way into the No campaign, specifically the intellectual journey of Josephine Cashman, if anyone wants some good ol' deep-diving independent journalism:

https://medium.com/@pestcontrolau/josephine-cashman-and-the-unoriginal-voice-to-parliament-b6812eed3e53

Hey look the ABC has decided to catch up to where my mate was months ago:

https://x.com/abcnews/status/1709855035184627754?s=20

https://x.com/ExposingNV/status/1705347341853880776?s=20

Here's a thread:

https://x.com/BIASNews3/status/1709494959706087617?s=20

https://x.com/BIASNews3/status/1709511435645317325?s=20

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

The left is going to blame white uneducated people (accurately) and they're going to become even more entrenched in outer suburban F-150 identity politics.

You're confusing the left and the centre.

The left is going to blame labor.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

You're confusing the left and the centre.

The left is going to blame labor.

The left is going to eat itself. So is Labor. They'll both have a go at the ute driving voter.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
there's still time for nanna and poppa to pass before they vote

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The polls will be wrong, the voice will pass by a slim majority. It’ll turn out the polls were not account for sampling error due to the long lead time. Yes voters are tired of responding to voting polls so only the cranky/motivated no voters respond. The yes campaign probably could’ve messaged better but ultimately this will be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
there's a long shot chance that yes gets a majority nationwide. I really doubt it, we're talking about polling being off by >2X the margin it was off for Trump and Brexit. but we'll see I guess.

but WA, Qld and SA are baked-in No states at this point, so it's over anyway.