Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The only reason. I sort of doubt Geraldo has done anything to bad is, who the gently caress doesn't want to bring down Geraldo? Part if the reason I'm so surprised he still has a career is because he seems like the sort if guy that constantly dies bad things and pisses people off and those types usually bring up something horrible fairly early on. He's had his scandals over the years but it's outright bizarre how clean he's remained overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My republican roommate believes all of that too. Especially the years thing. But it's hard for me to explain because I've never been sexually harassed so I have no real frame of reference.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Saw the trailer for Rooney Mara's Mary Magdalene movie and was thinking about films about Jesus: is DeMille's The King of Kings interesting enough to merit a watch?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Atypical is alright. But the editing is really bad. Like characters would perform a movement and in the next shot the movement repeats. Or when characters go back and forth it cuts to a sideshot with dialog from a different take when it doesn't have too.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

smug n stuff posted:

Saw the trailer for Rooney Mara's Mary Magdalene movie and was thinking about films about Jesus: is DeMille's The King of Kings interesting enough to merit a watch?

Man this looks nutty. Joaquin and Rooney are great but it kinda looks like they're cosplaying in this.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
This reminds me that I still need to watch Nicholas Ray's King of Kings because it has Rip Torn as Judas

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Everybody saying [cape] comics are dogshit now, please read GWENPOOL I promise if you don't like it I will disagree

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I find the open blending of AA/NA and social media really cringey. I know people that are constantly sharing sobriety memes and 'checking in' at meetings and its weird. Im so glad my sponsor doesnt have a Facebook.

Doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose of the second A in AA?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Nick Ray's King of Kings is one of the best Biblical movies, ever. It's also one of the few that puts the story of Christ in political context and even interpolates bits from Wilde's Salome. Also has absolutely stunning cinematography and was one of the first films to use a split-diopter lens.

Also, also Orson Welles does the narration.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

What are good examples of great actors/actresses who never really got the spotlight? People whom you can always count on to do quality work in the background?

Timothy Spall basically until Mr. Turner

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I just discovered Rob Dougan the other night. Was it someone in this thread who introduced him to me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtAmFKaThNE

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

CelticPredator posted:

My republican roommate believes all of that too. Especially the years thing. But it's hard for me to explain because I've never been sexually harassed so I have no real frame of reference.

As someone with a frame of reference, please tell your roommate to take a nailgun to their anus.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/Clipart1994bot/status/935934153295527937

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They just released this year's Sundance lineup and while I haven't dug deep into it yet my first impression is meeeeeeehhhhhh

It's also confusing to me that The Death of Stalin is in the lineup because like, hasn't that had a wide release already, just not in the US?

Ah well, at least there's a new Sebastian Silva film this year.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Samuel Clemens posted:

What are good examples of great actors/actresses who never really got the spotlight? People whom you can always count on to do quality work in the background?

Toby Jones, I really wanna say Clarence Williams III but Mod Squad somewhat disqualifies him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Samuel Clemens posted:

Frank Whaley comes to mind, along with John C. McGinley and, I don't know, William Sadler?

Skwirl posted:

Some people are really open about their last names. Anonymous unless voluntary, I suppose.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 30, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The last time I saw Billy Crystal he was doing a blackface routine in the 21st century.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

Some people are really open about their last names. Anonymous unless voluntary, I suppose.
Yeah, but posting on social media, especially poo poo like a Facebook check in, can compromise other people's anonymity.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but posting on social media, especially poo poo like a Facebook check in, can compromise other people's anonymity.

Well, yeah, that's loving weird and skeezes me out.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Skwirl posted:

The last time I saw Billy Crystal he was doing a blackface routine in the 21st century.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Magic Hate Ball posted:

As someone with a frame of reference, please tell your roommate to take a nailgun to their anus.

I'm gonna keep arguing with him until he changes his mind.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also doing some monster designs for my short. I ended up going with the Harlequin baby look which I find super disturbing and haven't seen anyone use that.

Plus it's sort of easy to construct for a suit.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Boccaccio in cinema update: Virgin Territory is bollocks.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man I'm bummed about the news about American Gods with Fuller and Green leaving, but then again Fuller was asking for even more money on a show with kind of blah ratings.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Should I see Lady Bird or Three Billboards tonight? I'm leaning toward Three Billboards since it's been out longer.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I see Lady Bird or Three Billboards tonight? I'm leaning toward Three Billboards since it's been out longer.

Lady Bird is a better mid-week film, save Three Billboards for a Friday night where you can drink your bitterness away.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

achillesforever6 posted:

Man I'm bummed about the news about American Gods with Fuller and Green leaving, but then again Fuller was asking for even more money on a show with kind of blah ratings.

Yeah, this really blows. RIP a great show.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

achillesforever6 posted:

everything is coming together, now it is time for

Hannibal Season 4: The Silence Of The Lambs.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Holy hell.

https://twitter.com/koblin/status/936049231575572480

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Fight/flight/freeze is a helluva thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What the gently caress kind of environment is going on at NBC Universal that high-profile employees can literally lock their doors with a hidden button?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CelticPredator posted:

Also doing some monster designs for my short. I ended up going with the Harlequin baby look which I find super disturbing and haven't seen anyone use that.

Plus it's sort of easy to construct for a suit.

It kind of reminds me of Flukeman from the X-Files who was basically Harlequin Baby before Harlequin Baby.

DC Murderverse posted:

everything is coming together, now it is time for

Hannibal Season 4: The Silence Of The Lambs.

Starring Hannibal Buress.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

CPL593H posted:

It kind of reminds me of Flukeman from the X-Files who was basically Harlequin Baby before Harlequin Baby.

That's a good inspiration. Flukeman scared the hell out of me.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Timby posted:

What the gently caress kind of environment is going on at NBC Universal that high-profile employees can literally lock their doors with a hidden button?
Probably to guard against active shooters

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

That's a good inspiration. Flukeman scared the hell out of me.

Yeah, that was great creature design. It's really awful and unnerving in a lot of ways.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Skwirl posted:

Someone asked this earlier too, but yes. Totally. But also alcoholics/addicts are super prone to egoistic opportunism, and social media offers a way of projecting a crafted image to everyone you know. I want to just type out a long rant about this but i wont because I try to save my criticisms to just be shared with other addicts/alcoholics, just cause a lot of people wont understand and might get the wrong impression.

But there's a prettt big divide on it within the fellowship.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Only God Forgives is dope, but this made me think you were about to launch into a Francis E Dec rant.

I am not the smartest human to ever walk the Earth.

"Wanna fight?" :toughguy:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I do love the Flukeman. It's an incredible monster.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Timby posted:

Frank Whaley comes to mind, along with John C. McGinley and, I don't know, William Sadler?

I feel like McGinley doesn't count because of his role on Scrubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Not to harp on and on about Only God Forgives, but: yes, Clint Mansell's score is superb, when is it ever not? (Moon, Drive, others) The sound design is perfect, too: levels are in perfect balance so vocals, ambient noise, and music can be heard, and...

When the foolish character gets kicked in the torso, you can clearly hear when a rib snaps. It's not the watermelon smashing junk ADR that thousands of movies use. It's... ouch. :vince:

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have jury duty today. I'm waiting in the jury room to see if I'm called for trial. They're playing some Oprah movie about an Indian family who moves to France and starts a restaurant. It has nice cinematography but it's the kinda bland and innofensive stuff they'd play at a time like this.

They should play Tampopo instead.

(I know, I know, Liam Neeson and his cliche'd rolls as some kind of unstoppable killer... this movie is different)

They should play THIS, and the potential jurors that vomit, feint, or go completely silent for a long time are the ones fit to judge someone's innocence or guilt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JjRoh13vzY

• Locked thread