Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

but is it possible to buy a used busa that hasn't already had the swingarm lengthened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Hayabusas look like boogers that dont get fully flicked off your finger.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

but is it possible to buy a used busa that hasn't already had the swingarm lengthened?

Truly I'm blessed because here they're the weapon of choice for small-genitaled middle aged men so they've all got pack racks and heated grips and the engines have never been out of bed.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I like the fact that it has normal gauges. Suzuki's schtick of re-releasing old favorites (SV650) and having them look better than current bikes is cunning, yet sad.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Hayabusas look like boogers that dont get fully flicked off your finger.

They're designed to look like ripply bodybuilders on Miami Beach.

Seriously.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
The rotors look a bit small to me, and it strikes me as odd that it's got Stylema calipers, yet no radial master, and rubber lines. I'm getting the feeling that the Stylema is cheaper for OEMs than the M50 was, being that it's on so many bikes.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

kloa posted:

I’m glad they didn’t go the Kawasaki route and try to redesign it to an autobot. That poo poo is :wtc:

That's funny, because to me the aggressive design of Kawa and BMW feels more rooted in the present than the softened curves of the busa.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I like the look of it; it's a slightly more angular look while still retaining the chubbiness of the original. Plus the whole two-tone thing is rad. And I like the taillights.

I would love to take one of these for a nice long ride.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

It's still gently caress-ugly but it has cruise control now so I think I like it

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Slavvy posted:

You expect it? Why, did all those bikes without that stuff crash horribly or something? Possible crap rider spotted.

Ya its 2021 you can buy a Bosch unit off the shelf and slap it on drat near anything and provide rider aids, so why the hell wouldn't you

Also gently caress Suzuki forever until they bring back the B-King

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
we need to support companies keeping analog tachs on their bikes, gently caress those poo poo-ugly LCD panels with terrible UIs

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Spiffness posted:

Ya its 2021 you can buy a Bosch unit off the shelf and slap it on drat near anything and provide rider aids, so why the hell wouldn't you

Also gently caress Suzuki forever until they bring back the B-King

So blind consumerism, got it.

Razzled posted:

we need to support companies keeping analog tachs on their bikes, gently caress those poo poo-ugly LCD panels with terrible UIs

God yes.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I like the updated Hayabusa a lot. The bulbous aero shape was one of the things that was so awesome about the original and I'm glad they kept that. I would have been nice to keep the original copper color but the black looks great and the copper accents tie it back to the original.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yuns posted:

I like the updated Hayabusa a lot. The bulbous aero shape was one of the things that was so awesome about the original and I'm glad they kept that. I would have been nice to keep the original copper color but the black looks great and the copper accents tie it back to the original.

Rest assured the next twenty years of graphics updates will result in a combination you like.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

N is for Nuclear

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

When you get to H2/Panigale territory it’s less of a real motorcycle and more of a showpiece to brag with.

I’m a fan of the casually-parked-on-the-sidewalk super bike

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

Not around here, but you can usually get them to throw in the helmet they kept hanging off the side of the bike and never actually wore. The super-sikkkkkkk LED lighting is an added bonus too

Seriously though, if you're riding solo and can pack light, the 'busa is one of the best hyper-tourers ever made. It's a goddamned shame so many of them ended up with extended swingarms, 50lbs of chrome, and squared off tires

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Spiffness posted:

a Bosch unit [...] provide rider aids

No, Bosch is more like cancer.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Speaking of Bosch, every home appliance or power tool I've used of theirs has always felt cheap as hell. I'm always surprised when I see them pop up as important parts on motorcycles :whitewater:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It’s my buddy’s speeding ticket.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:hellyeah:

frame that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Worth it

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

builds character posted:

Is there video of this... thing?

Found it! It's from a British show called Scrapyard Supercar (seen here from on Chinese Nat Geo?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLOUL6crQ0E

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

How'd they catch em?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
"Doing a wheel stand" makes it sound like they were 12oclock at 134.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I think that's exactly what he was doing. 134mph Wheelie. I'm amazed he wasn't arrested on the spot

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
That ticket was 10 years ago. Sadly that couldn't happen today thanks to TC

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gullous posted:

:kiss:

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Gullous posted:

Thanks BOSCH :argh:.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Someone has out-ktm'd KTM

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Horse Clocks posted:

:chord: that FEA inspired color scheme

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

"KTM don't know the meaning of light I'll show them light!" I say as I try to juggle a crack pipe and die grinder.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Horse Clocks posted:

Is that an aftermarket swingarm or did they cut out all the spaces out of a stock swingarm? I'm looking at it and feel like I can see where it will fold in on itself.

Let's be clear, it looks sick as gently caress. But I'm afraid it's not the good kind of sick.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I think it’s this

https://www.tekmostore.com/product-page/tekmo-supermoto-swingarm-ktm-690-smcr-enduro-husqvarna-701sm-enduro

$1980 :wth:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

At least their marketing budget was well spent.

website posted:

Why upgrade to this swingarm:
The swingarm can be adjusted to be 20mm shorter than stock.
Stiffer than stock
You will be able to fit 5.5" width rims without any issue
The design will make the bike look really awesome

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

Stiffer than stock*

*: citation needed

The more I look at it the more it screams 'engineer who doesn't really know how bikes work but thinks he does', like they looked at the stocker and decided all the windows were filled in for cost reasons, not realising swingarms load sideways as well.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 9, 2021

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Well when all your friends make fun you for buying a $2000 swiss-cheese swingarm, the same company will sell you $200 carbon fiber swingarm covers to hide your shame

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The bike equivalent of waxing your eyebrows then drawing them back on.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The slightly contrasting color is deeply offensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The slightly contrasting color is deeply offensive

Well I can’t not see that now.

Also I agree with you. Shameful. At that rate, just paint it black or something