Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Biden is too bad rear end to be Immortan Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

I look forward to the day when we can change this thread back to the 'Republican Tears' megathread. Those were the days.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Thread title could do with an update anyway IMO.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Okeefe is great at disguises

Also Okeefe did a music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyVLDCPtVQw

quote:

The opening strings together a bunch of clips from various news reports about O'Keefe and his antics, about half way through O'Keefe responds to his critics with a singing and dancing homage to Michael Jackson. Yes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Its quite telling that right wingers thought a social service network that worked primarily in the inner city would see a guy dressed like that and think he was a real pimp.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/08/04/fbi-middle-eastern-men-intimidating-u-s-military-families-in-colorado-wyoming/

quote:

– An alert has been issued by the FBI to all law enforcement agencies in Colorado and Wyoming involving U.S. military families and concerns about who may be watching them.
The alert says Middle Eastern men are approaching families of U.S. military members at their homes in Colorado and Wyoming. It mentions Greeley, Colorado, and Cheyenne, Wyoming, as the specific areas.
In one case last May the wife of a military member was approached in front of her home by two Middle Eastern males. The men stated that she was the wife of a U.S. interrogator. When she denied their claims the men laughed. The two men left the area in a dark-colored, four-door sedan with two other Middle Eastern males in the vehicle.
“The woman had observed the vehicle in the neighborhood on previous occasions,” the alert states.
Similar incidents in Wyoming have been reported to the FBI throughout June 2015.

Something seems....off about this alert.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Psh, trying to calculate something in an emergency situation using a TI, in a thread where HP is being actively discussed. Use a real calculator with RPN and you'd be able to save everyone AND put out the fire.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

What exactly makes that intimidation

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Radbot posted:

They were brown, obviously.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

CommieGIR posted:

They were brown, obviously.

And what makes them Middle Eastern? I'm assuming the FBI gave her a test to make sure she's able to reliably distinguish between brown Indians and brown Arabs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Radbot posted:

And what makes them Middle Eastern? I'm assuming the FBI gave her a test to make sure she's able to reliably distinguish between brown Indians and brown Arabs.

:shrug: I don't know, that is what gets me about the warning. Apparently its happened to more than a couple people, or I doubt the FBI would be releasing it, but they are very vague on what is actually going on.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Some choice comments on that article, mostly about gunning down any Muslims you see.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Odds on the guy who's been taking pot shots at the military base being a tea party nut freaking out over jade helm?

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Gravel Gravy posted:

Are we not talking about betta fish?
They fight to death at any opportunity-- bettas are total alphas.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is basically conservative.txt

Yesterday, Delta Airlines announced that they would no longer transport the big game carcasses of lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo trophies.

And here we go

quote:

will Delta and American also no longer transport Planned Parenthood employees? They’re brutally murdering and selling human babies for profit. What about the body parts Planned Parenthood sells? Who’s flying them to their buyers? Why are we more freakin concerned about killing big game then we are about people killing babies?! WHY?

And

quote:

a business can be forced to bake a cake in violation of their conscience, but no one’s calling out Delta and American for intolerance towards hunters on this one? Well, those evil hunters can just find another airline! True. And our gay friends can just find another baker, too… right?

Oh Crowder, you really are a parody

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Conservatism is all about being the kids show villain on every issue.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Good Citizen posted:

Odds on the guy who's been taking pot shots at the military base being a tea party nut freaking out over jade helm?

No bet. The truck was labeled "Broken Arrow" and the base was part of JH training.

...wait, are we distinguishing TP from 3%, preppers, and/or the molon labe wannabe troops? Then it gets interesting.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

OAquinas posted:

No bet. The truck was labeled "Broken Arrow" and the base was part of JH training.

...wait, are we distinguishing TP from 3%, preppers, and/or the molon labe wannabe troops? Then it gets interesting.

A venn diagram of all three groups ends up resembling a circle so closely it might as well be a circle.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Radbot posted:

strange men approaching women and inquiring about their personal lives and then hurriedly leaving is weird as gently caress and would most likely be intimidating to those people

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Good Citizen posted:

Hattiesburg, MS? Tried to run all the way out to bumfuck New Augusta? Pretty pretty pretty good chance of that.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

The terrorists will murder all our grandsons, except for the neckbearded ones.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

derra posted:

Psh, trying to calculate something in an emergency situation using a TI, in a thread where HP is being actively discussed. Use a real calculator with RPN and you'd be able to save everyone AND put out the fire.

Hi, Mom!

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Radish posted:

He also started stalking a prosecutor that was looking into him. I assume his dad is one of the Illuminati or something since that guy seems impervious to any kind of law.

Goddamn. Can I get some more info on this?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MrUnderbridge posted:

Oh, that Carlos Mencius - so insightful!
Total plagiarist. That's a Joe Rogan insight.

Radbot posted:

Agreed, I love telling children they should keep their hands in my pockets.
:golfclap:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 5, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ShadowCatboy posted:

Goddamn. Can I get some more info on this?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ex-us-attorney-calls-james-o-keefe-a-nasty-little-cowardly-spud

Bonus for using "Hobbit" as an insult.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Not exactly Right Wing media but...
http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/its-our-duty-support-troops-and-second-amendment-c-1929

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

That's a satire site by the people who bring you The Onion.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

strange men approaching women and inquiring about their personal lives and then hurriedly leaving is weird as gently caress and would most likely be intimidating to those people

What makes these men strange, in your opinion? More strange than any other stranger.

And no, I don't consider "is Ms. Radbot your wife" inquiring about my personal life as that's a matter of public record. If that's harassment, I have suffered greatly at the hands of telemarketers everywhere.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I look forward to the day when we can change this thread back to the 'Republican Tears' megathread. Those were the days.

Hail to the Bern, baby.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Radbot posted:

What makes these men strange, in your opinion? More strange than any other stranger.

And no, I don't consider "is Ms. Radbot your wife" inquiring about my personal life as that's a matter of public record. If that's harassment, I have suffered greatly at the hands of telemarketers everywhere.

The fact that these women don't know the inquirers, that their line of inquiry implies a belief that these women might be related to someone who could have enemies who would want to harm them through their families, and the fact that they do not appear to have introduced themselves, or volunteered any information that would reassure these women.

It's that last bit that has people the most worried, I expect. Usually when people have a legitimate reason to contact you, they do the polite thing and introduce themselves before asking about your family life.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Radbot posted:

Telemarketers call you on the phone, they do not show up randomly and accost you as you are doing yardwork. They also represent a company or organization. You are telling a bunch of threatened women they should just suck up harassment by men.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm having a internal debate in my head about something.

While flipping through the local right wing nutjob station I heard someone apologetically call in and rave about how Obama is a secret kenya, muslim among other things.

I'm kind of wondering at one point does it go from being free speech to allowing dangerously uniformed lunatics the right to rant and rave on air?

I'm a tad bit terrified that these people are allowed on air without people really given the ample time to be correct with actual facts and statistics.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 5, 2015

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Are you talking about the fascist, Orwellian Fairness Doctrine? For shame!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Radbot posted:

Being willfully dense is really annoying.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

About as convincing Father Hitler, Johnny Hitler, or Agent Hitler, F.B.I.

How much you wanna bet this guy seriously considers himself a latter-day Hunter S. Thompson?

quote:

a business can be forced to bake a cake in violation of their conscience, but no one’s calling out Delta and American for intolerance towards hunters on this one? Well, those evil hunters can just find another airline! True. And our gay friends can just find another baker, too… right?

Oh Crowder, you really are a parody

It's like the vast majority of people don't care about "exotic big game hunters' rights" or something.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Deep Hurting posted:

How much you wanna bet this guy seriously considers himself a latter-day Hunter S. Thompson?

One of the funniest moments in my entire life was giving a journalism major who was big into the Tea Party some Hunter S Thompson to read.

"He keeps saying everyone was doing speed... he doesn't mean the drug speed does he? :ohdear:"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
What fine utopian countries have no minimum wage?

Edit - Oh gently caress, those countries have unions

Knight fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

So, then obviously Matt Walsh is working his proposed minimum wage.

Because he puts nothing into it.