Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

KOICHI UNLOCKS ULTRA INSTINCT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

This fight is so incredibly good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Koichi is an OG and i want more

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Koichi's mom is the real hero here, having begun his training at "being good at avoiding being hit" from the earliest age.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Kanos posted:

Koichi's mom is the real hero here, having begun his training at "being good at avoiding being hit" from the earliest age.

Oh no the bad parent redemption plot shifted over to vigilantes!!

The panels of deep diving to Koichi perched on the ocean floor really whip rear end.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
This is the first time in a while where I've been enjoying the main story and Vigilantes the same amount. They're both very good right now for very different reasons, and I'm incredibly glad. Koichi rules. Ochako rules. Good manga.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I guess I'm alone in not liking how he has what's essentially a second quirk.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The Crawler gets and upgrade and changes his hero name: Astroglide

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Kyte posted:

I deeply appreciate it being steeped in... Koichi-ness, but the drastic escalation of his quirk and combat abilities has been a bit much for me to take seriously. I was buying it up until this point, but this chapter pushed it a bit over the edge when it's trying to equivocate the experience of getting roughed up by thugs with an ultra-fast Noumu-style monster trying to kill you, especially when he's never exhibited even a modicum of resistance to this type of thing before. I'm still enjoying it because I want Koichi, Pop, and their buddies to be happy and Koichi trolling villains with his on-brand thickheaded nonsense is funny as gently caress.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 27, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Green Intern posted:

Is Best Jeanist's neck slowly growing with every update?
He is a giraffe, yes

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Koichi: This is the story of how I became the greatest hero. Somehow.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I've fallen way behind on Vigilantes, are earlier chapters hosted anywhere else?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SpacePig posted:

This is the first time in a while where I've been enjoying the main story and Vigilantes the same amount. They're both very good right now for very different reasons, and I'm incredibly glad. Koichi rules. Ochako rules. Good manga.
:yeah:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Flesnolk posted:

I've fallen way behind on Vigilantes, are earlier chapters hosted anywhere else?

$2 subscription on Viz's site.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You also get access to a ton of other hidden gem series. Seriously, so loving many. I got into Mashle because I fell behind on MHA and needed to catch up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Minor nitpick but when vigilantes and regular mha speed scans come out at the same time is it possible for people to label which they're talking about? I'm some way behind on vigilantes is all

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Kyte posted:

Correct.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Powerfully sus that All Might hasn't been around for the conclusion of the bringing Midoriya home arc. He's totally been kidnapped by Stain

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Doc Fission posted:

Powerfully sus that All Might hasn't been around for the conclusion of the bringing Midoriya home arc. He's totally been kidnapped by Stain

He's busy discussing cigarette brands with Hisashi.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kyte posted:

Isn't this basically what he was using last chapter?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Doc Fission posted:

No no, they've teamed up

See Movie 4 for details

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

Doc Fission posted:

Yeah, I had a moment where I went "Wait where's All Might at--Oh, right, I forgot, Everything Is Fine And Good."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't a second quirk. It's just new uses of his existing quirk that fit within the context of what we've already seen it do. Dude has been projecting tiny fields for a long time, it is just this is the first real time we've seen that he's genuinely forced to fight something like this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kyte posted:

Don't read superhero comics

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't a second quirk. It's just new uses of his existing quirk that fit within the context of what we've already seen it do. Dude has been projecting tiny fields for a long time, it is just this is the first real time we've seen that he's genuinely forced to fight something like this.

I'm looking forward to him requiring more POWER and realizing 'Oh shoot, I can charge these things too' and he basically just becomes Varia Suit Samus.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kyte posted:

Being able to dodge good isn't a quirk it's just him being good at the thing he's always done.

It's like getting mad Eraserhead can also fight really good with his dumb scarf.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Koichi's basically Overhaul at this point though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Koichi's basically Overhaul at this point though

So Koichi's reached Pro Hero levels of understanding his quirk, like Best Jeanist's fiber mastery

The problem is that it's subconciously, rather than actually meaning to

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a version of the fight where Koichi is doing the same but with less O'Clock jerking him off to Six and the audience should be all it "needs." even knowing this is basically just Six projecting, it starts to read as the reality of things when you're devoting more time to it without having Koichi or another pov temper the stupid interpretation.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Koichi has an incredible amount of experience reacting to being attacked by and avoiding superpowered jerkoffs, both villainous and heroic, and thus has developed really good reflexes and instincts. That's it. Prior to this fight he was successfully running away from multiple pro heroes working in concert trying to capture him, which is way wilder than "can desperately evade and block to not get stabbed by a really fast guy".

The whole "he's a total MONSTER" is Six's broken idiot brain trying to construct some kind of reason for why his totally awesome invincible self can't easily beat his self-proclaimed rival.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vigilantes........ is good

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vigilantes desperately needs an anime adaption though it might be a bit much in terms of content (particularly early on) to put on network television (maybe make it a Netflix series or something)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 28, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kanos posted:

Koichi has an incredible amount of experience reacting to being attacked by and avoiding superpowered jerkoffs, both villainous and heroic, and thus has developed really good reflexes and instincts. That's it. Prior to this fight he was successfully running away from multiple pro heroes working in concert trying to capture him, which is way wilder than "can desperately evade and block to not get stabbed by a really fast guy".

The whole "he's a total MONSTER" is Six's broken idiot brain trying to construct some kind of reason for why his totally awesome invincible self can't easily beat his self-proclaimed rival.

The actual mad man with the fake ghost of Knuckleduster in his head hooting and hollering that this opponent is clearly a next level foe who has utterly mastered his fighting style meanwhile Koichi is just desperately dodging everything he can using propulsion to move little bits at a time is such a good joke set up. It's incredible.

Larryb posted:

Vigilantes desperately needs an anime adaption though it might be a bit much in terms of content (particularly early on) to put on network television (maybe make it a Netflix series or something)

Pfffthahaha. Do you like....look at seasonal release charts? Because a lot of things that are...much much worse make it to major streaming platforms/TV airing.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 28, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wow they have cut even more scenes in the anime. Re-Destro, Giran and Skeptic got most of their stuff cut. The Episode was also mostly stills with one notable exception.

This image was a single frame.

Which they also cut the context for. Cause the anime does not seem to want to give the MLA any character.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But the Joint Training arc needed to be 12 episodes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The actual mad man with the fake ghost of Knuckleduster in his head hooting and hollering that this opponent is clearly a next level foe who has utterly mastered his fighting style meanwhile Koichi is just desperately dodging everything he can using propulsion to move little bits at a time is such a good joke set up. It's incredible.

Pfffthahaha. Do you like....look at seasonal release charts? Because a lot of things that are...much much worse make it to major streaming platforms/TV airing.

Fair enough, I still want a Vigilantes anime though

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

But the Joint Training arc needed to be 12 episodes

It was actually 9.5 episodes. Still lengthened more then it needed to be. The Endeavor Agency Arc that they reordered was where they wasted most of this air time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wow they have cut even more scenes in the anime. Re-Destro, Giran and Skeptic got most of their stuff cut. The Episode was also mostly stills with one notable exception.

This image was a single frame.

Which they also cut the context for. Cause the anime does not seem to want to give the MLA any character.

My Villain Abridgement.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This season ends on a montage of Shigaraki's rampage and the next season starts with Vigilante Izuku with no explanation.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Wow, they really, really hosed the anime up. Like dropworthy levels of gently caress up.

The movie or whatever had to be part of this, or COVID or something. One of the animators who worked on the episode flat out asked not to be credited because they chopped up their work.

https://twitter.com/Sparkleredpanda/status/1431584323476590593?s=20

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yep, pretty much dropped it for this season. They hosed pretty much everything they could.