Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Wikipedia says she was born in Chicago.

Chicago England??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DontMockMySmock posted:

I think about that every goddamn day.

I was just happy to finally find out what a barbaric yawp sounds like

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I was just happy to finally find out what a barbaric yawp sounds like

1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jSqt39vFM

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Are you calling Walt Whitman a confederate?

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

MarcusSA posted:

Chicago England??

She grew up equally in America and GB and lives in England now. She can switch accents as needed.

I love her pervy little self 💘💘

Edit I think I have a new avatar idea!

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

I've gotta hand it to Burger King's marketing department. They've always played the second fiddle really well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gravitee posted:

She grew up equally in America and GB and lives in England now. She can switch accents as needed.

Ah ok makes sense.

The show actually looks half decent too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dumb. posted:

I've gotta hand it to Burger King's marketing department. They've always played the second fiddle really well.

The Australian iteration, Hungry Jacks, also takes the odd dig at McDonalds here. Like offering to take "other restaurant's" free food vouchers for equivalent items during the Monopoly competitions.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Off-topic, but what is it about Burger King that their burgers always taste like liquid smoke? Is there a flavor additive that they're adding to get that taste, because neither Wendy's nor McDonald's have that same weird taste?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zipperelli. posted:

Off-topic, but what is it about Burger King that their burgers always taste like liquid smoke? Is there a flavor additive that they're adding to get that taste, because neither Wendy's nor McDonald's have that same weird taste?

Their employees are heavy smokers and mouth breathe all over the food.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zipperelli. posted:

McDonalds uses a clamshell-like mechanism to cook their patties. Line them on the grill, smack the button, a few seconds later the clam rises, you sprinkle the salt/pepper/MSG mix, scoop them 3/4 at a time, drain the grease (if you're fancy), drop them on a plastic tray, then slot into an enclosed warming cabinet. It produced the least flavorful discs of meat ever conceived of by man.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zipperelli. posted:

burger king's gimmick is that they use a flame broiler over an open grill to cook their patties instead of a flat grill/griddle

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Remember when the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed of George Bush and it became a massive controversial story for months and it ruined their careers? Nowadays some actor can go to the Oscars and call Trump a oval office and it's a one day story and the worst thing that happens is somebody tries to murder them with a pipe bomb and that is also just a one day story.

If I remember right this is because the Dixie Chicks are country artists so most of their fans are conservative people from the South and Midwest. Michael Moore said his "shame on you, President Bush" Oscar speech earlier and his career is unscathed because he's a liberal with liberal fans.

Of course now you have a country musician like Kacey Musgraves who encourages girls to kiss lots of boys or girls depending on what they're into and sings about getting Santa high on ganja cookies.

Then again, Willie Nelson who sang that with her is an open liberal since the 1980s.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

burger king's gimmick is that they use a flame broiler over an open grill to cook their patties instead of a flat grill/griddle

Like all gimmicks, the actual fact is they use a vertical conveyor cooker, where patties are placed in a slide at the top and are conveyed back and forth on inclined 'belts' of linked wire, being grilled from a heat source at the bottom and turned every time they drop from one conveyor to the next. After this process, they are also tucked into warming trays until someone orders a burger.

The liquid smoke taste you are tasting probably is liquid smoke added during the meat blending process.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

EoRaptor posted:

Like all gimmicks, the actual fact is they use a vertical conveyor cooker, where patties are placed in a slide at the top and are conveyed back and forth on inclined 'belts' of linked wire, being grilled from a heat source at the bottom and turned every time they drop from one conveyor to the next. After this process, they are also tucked into warming trays until someone orders a burger.

The liquid smoke taste you are tasting probably is liquid smoke added during the meat blending process.

No I worked at a burger king and there's a huge open fire pit they're roasted over

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

EoRaptor posted:

Where is this future BK located? Every one I've ever seen you can clearly see the wage slaves cooking meat on a grill by hand.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Where is this future BK located? Every one I've ever seen you can clearly see the wage slaves cooking meat on a grill by hand.

?? What kind of fancy Richie Rich La-de-da land are you located at?

I worked as a porter for BK uh several years ago at an OLD building location. I had to be sure and turn on the oven when I got there at 5 AM. so itd be up to temp by the time they'd start selling burgers at 10.
And yes, you'd have a chain link belts that went through an oven. In one side, out the other.

There were no grills at all.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

ulex minor posted:

No I worked at a burger king and there's a huge open fire pit they're roasted over

they put them on a spit and a tiny mexican guy runs in a little wheel to keep them turning

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
i work at a large cattle ranch (i wont say which) that supplies wholesale produce to burger king, among other fast food chains, and whats really interesting is that in the past few years theyve managed to breed cows that contain pre-seasoned, pre-cooked meat patties directly within their bodies. you just lead them to the tarp and tap them on the head and all the cooked meat falls out. the major issue now is getting them to the customer before they cool down

i know theyve been experimenting with GM wheat that would produce whole burger buns but so far its not cost effective, the farms are spending an incredible amount of money trying to keep rednecks out and so its easier just to use normal grains and process later

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Owner washes dog's tennis balls and puts them in the dryer, dog does not cope well with this turn of events

(Video has sound)

https://i.imgur.com/3SP9q0H.mp4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Owner washes dog's tennis balls and puts them in the dryer, dog does not cope well with this turn of events

(Video has sound)

https://i.imgur.com/3SP9q0H.mp4

Oh my god, that's just beautiful :allears:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Gravitee posted:

Get ready to have some really confusing feelings because she's going to be playing Margret Thatcher in The Crown.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Oh my god, that's just beautiful :allears:

Huskies are the greatest

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

Get ready to have some really confusing feelings because she's going to be playing Margret Thatcher in The Crown.

She's gonna play her like a witch lol

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The MSJ posted:

If I remember right this is because the Dixie Chicks are country artists so most of their fans are conservative people from the South and Midwest. Michael Moore said his "shame on you, President Bush" Oscar speech earlier and his career is unscathed because he's a liberal with liberal fans.

Of course now you have a country musician like Kacey Musgraves who encourages girls to kiss lots of boys or girls depending on what they're into and sings about getting Santa high on ganja cookies.

Then again, Willie Nelson who sang that with her is an open liberal since the 1980s.

Willie Nelson, as a country musician, is in an unusual position because he's also the avatar of weed-made-flesh and a liberal.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Willie Nelson, as a country musician, is in an unusual position because he's also the avatar of weed-made-flesh and a liberal.

Willie is a cool dude.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

edit: wrong thread

Gripweed has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Feb 5, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Gripweed posted:

almost 20 years into the war in Afghanistan the only question is are we going to just stay there forever accomplishing nothing or will we actually admit that we lost and leave, and now people think we should get involved with Venezuela. Yesterday on NPR they had an interview with some military guy about how the Taliban controls a big chunk of the country and that's not going to change, but we can't leave until the Kabul government is strong enough to be somewhat equal partners in a power-sharing arrangement with them. The Kabul government that we installed 18 loving years ago and have been propping up ever since. And then like ten minutes later they did a story about how bad things are in Venezuela, oh boy that Maduro doesn't seem like he's going to leave of his own accord, what are we gonna do. It's loving infuriating. They think we're idiots.

Please drive thru sir.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

At least Venezuela is in our hemisphere. Keep it Westside son!

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I mean, country music, classically, could also be seen as fairly liberal in general. Country and folk are the music of the working class, the factory worker, farmer, rancher, miner. Songs about the crushing weight of capitalism abound in both genres.

More modern country, though...

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Willie is also from the era of "Outlaw" Country which specifically was unique in that it united rednecks and hippies at the same concerts.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Your military economy demands war or else a lot of things will break down. America is desperately looking for a new helpless poor country to bash

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tashilicious posted:

I mean, country music, classically, could also be seen as fairly liberal in general. Country and folk are the music of the working class, the factory worker, farmer, rancher, miner. Songs about the crushing weight of capitalism abound in both genres.

More modern country, though...

It's more that the political ideas of liberalism abandoned those people (and have recently had to be dragged kicking and screaming back to them) rather than vice versa.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Oh, look. It's Tomi Lahren's career.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Willie Nelson covered Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond Of Each Other, which would not sit well with the crowd that complained about the Dixie Chicks.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's more that the political ideas of liberalism abandoned those people (and have recently had to be dragged kicking and screaming back to them) rather than vice versa.

Also the Southern Strategy and its many spin-offs in the West

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

ultrafilter posted:

Willie Nelson covered Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond Of Each Other, which would not sit well with the crowd that complained about the Dixie Chicks.

Mildly disappointed he didn't do this to the tune of "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys" because that's how I sang that title in my head.