Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Sand Monster posted:

Then, at some point, the site shut down. Without being well versed in the lore around SFN, I'm assuming it didn't drop off a cliff in terms of popularity, and given that Howard was quite vocal about his dislike for the site, I wonder if it's all that far fetched to assume that he (Howard) must have paid off Mutt in order for him to shut it down?

Mutt stated a few times that he did not get paid to host/run the website, and that he was not paid to shut it down. He simply respected Howard so much (and I'm sure getting his own show on Sirius didn't hurt) that when Howard asked for it to be shut down, he shut it down no questions asked.

Given that Howard and Mutt remained friendly for long after SFN's shutdown is a pretty good indicator of that. If Mutt had decided to say "gently caress you" and continue running it, I'm sure he would have been served a C&D or some other assorted legal threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I just finished reading The War for Late Night about the Leno/Conan debacle and started listening to a compilation of Howard's comments about the whole thing. Pretty interesting how the stories contrast all over the place. Howard claims he was invited to be on one of the last shows and didn't because he didn't want to fly to LA, but the book calls out that specifically in Conan's exit contract he was banned from having Howard Stern or David Letterman on the show in the last two weeks.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Lifespan posted:

I just finished reading The War for Late Night about the Leno/Conan debacle and started listening to a compilation of Howard's comments about the whole thing. Pretty interesting how the stories contrast all over the place. Howard claims he was invited to be on one of the last shows and didn't because he didn't want to fly to LA, but the book calls out that specifically in Conan's exit contract he was banned from having Howard Stern or David Letterman on the show in the last two weeks.

It was a good read. I went back and listened to the Leno-Conan fiasco recently including Rosie and Howard patching things up to poo poo on Jay.
What a scumbag Jay is.

There's a clip 5-6 years before when Jay makes his announcement is Howard basically says yeah right this guy will never leave.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Who did those insanely detailed show recaps? I remember the show making an offer to put the guy on the payroll but of course they insisted on editorial approval and would basically gently caress the whole thing up.

Rattlehead
Nov 20, 2004
Only dead fish go with the flow.

haljordan posted:

Who did those insanely detailed show recaps? I remember the show making an offer to put the guy on the payroll but of course they insisted on editorial approval and would basically gently caress the whole thing up.

Marksfriggin

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Shes Not Impressed posted:

It was a good read. I went back and listened to the Leno-Conan fiasco recently including Rosie and Howard patching things up to poo poo on Jay.
What a scumbag Jay is.

There's a clip 5-6 years before when Jay makes his announcement is Howard basically says yeah right this guy will never leave.

Yeah, I read it immediately after finishing the Late Shift and they are fascinating books. The funny thing is I think War kinda vindicates Leno a bit. He still sucks and his addiction to work has made him a selfish prick, but when it comes right down to it he really just accepted what NBC was offering and not much more. NBC hosed things up so hilariously bad. It was definitely Howard's comment that led them to wanting him to be a final guest.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rattlehead posted:

Marksfriggin

At 1:55 PST Eric claimed he went to the library and got 2 books

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lmao way to go, dumbass

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Who is the "she" John is referring to?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Aaaaahahahahaa this is glorious. Holy poo poo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

This is the best thing I have ever seen in my life :haw:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Haha love this

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Haha love this

Thanks man, as soon as I saw it I had to screenshot and share. You're my favorite poster no matter what the haters say. Where can I PayPal you some money?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Thanks man, as soon as I saw it I had to screenshot and share. You're my favorite poster no matter what the haters say. Where can I PayPal you some money?

:golfclap:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I hate to break the 4th wall when there are laughs to be had at John's expense but the "dumbass" account actually is just a fake profile that trolls John by pretending to accidentally reply to tweets with the wrong account. they admitted it in a reply to a different user

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

barnold posted:

I hate to break the 4th wall when there are laughs to be had at John's expense but the "dumbass" account actually is just a fake profile that trolls John by pretending to accidentally reply to tweets with the wrong account. they admitted it in a reply to a different user

Aw gently caress. :negative:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

barnold posted:

Give Bonzo a chance!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

barnold posted:

Wow. :psypop:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Sand Monster posted:

Who is the "she" John is referring to?

A lady named Monique from a show called radiogunk. She basically interviews people like John and Grillo, so that's how you know you don't need to listen or anything.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
People of all races, whether they're black, white, Italian.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

People of all races, whether they're black, white, Italian.

Puerto-Rican... whatever.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

It doesn’t matter what type of baby you have

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.
I didn’t represent myself properly on how I wanted to explain myself.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I would like to thank Sal for authorizing the existence of non-white babies.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Lifespan posted:

Mixed race babies however, madone. Disgraciade.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lifespan posted:

He was just playing off the old thought... you know, the old joke.... Gah, why does HE have to apologize; she's the one that had the baby!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

He was just playing off the old thought... you know, the old joke....

:laugh: Just like his "it's the Ben Dover theory" justification for the Nicholas Gerz prank.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't remember who suggested it but someone said Sal should have to go apologize to Shade 45, the black rap station.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

They made him apologize to Robin and the best he could come up with was “I’m sorry you’re black”

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

The Sal apology tape is probably the best bit in show history because of how many layers it has. It is fascinating to see Sal being racist, but like Robin said, he doesn't know he is racist.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Burden posted:

The Sal apology tape is probably the best bit in show history because of how many layers it has. It is fascinating to see Sal being racist, but like Robin said, he doesn't know he is racist.

He's not racist! If Christine leaves him the first thing he's gonna do is go down on a.... let me see here.... a big fat ghetto black chick.

Yes, his words. Not racist at all!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Burden posted:

Richard is the real hero of those first few months since he orchestrated this.

Another great Sal event is Howard telling him he can't come the wedding. While Howard never admitted it, Beth was mad at him for the horse joke during one the roasts.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well T-Mobile offered me 4 free months of Sirius XM, it looks like I'll check out Stern again since it's been well over a couple years since I last listened.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Well T-Mobile offered me 4 free months of Sirius XM, it looks like I'll check out Stern again since it's been well over a couple years since I last listened.

You haven't missed anything of value. And he's off for the summer.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the awkward micro-hesitation of the way he says "...white....women..." at the start is to this day one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my entire life

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Another great Sal event is Howard telling him he can't come the wedding. While Howard never admitted it, Beth was mad at him for the horse joke during one the roasts.

You better not do the black haunted house bit again...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I've never known what bit he is referring to. I'm assuming it's more of Sal's minstrel "okays sirs" crap.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lifespan posted:

I've never known what bit he is referring to. I'm assuming it's more of Sal's minstrel "okays sirs" crap.

I think I heard it once in some random megapack. You're right though, it's basically another one of Sal's ingenius "OK, approachings the podiums" bits that definitely isn't flagrantly racist as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Bonzo posted:

Was it that or the "the only thing between her mouth and his (John stamos') dick was Howard's wallet" comment,?