Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

fallout 4 would unironically have been a better game if they just cut out the main quest altogether

fallout 4 is a fantastic game if you ignore the main quest and install about 400 mods to replace every single game mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When I'm asked about the latest Substack controversy

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Starfield is a lot of fun

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
it is the end of videogames.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

projecthalaxy posted:

saying it's none of my business in every possible conversation

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I don't hate the news just newspapers

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
playing a sarcastic jerk almost made up for the voiced protag shenanigans.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/thejb_stan/status/1703090257976025545?t=DAtNM9eySrq8W7c4Fihgug&s=19

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
they're right

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Fallout 3 sucked rear end deal with it

Only good 3d fallout is new Vegas, modded

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
All 3D Fallouts are garbage and the 2D Fallouts are mediocre.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I learned English through (among other things) playing Fallout 1&2 on a family friend's computer when I was 9-10 or so. Also Alpha Centauri and Starcraft: Brood War.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the milquetoast takes thread

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my dad posted:

I learned English through (among other things) playing Fallout 1&2 on a family friend's computer when I was 9-10 or so. Also Alpha Centauri and Starcraft: Brood War.

the guy who used to run the fallout fansite no mutants allowed was serbian. I saw the first opposition in my life to us international politics on his site when he denounced the bombing campaign.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

by this logic, we'd have good fallouts if everything took place on a line, and the ideal fallout is a point.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

This is a more consistent line than "FO3 was trash, NV was great" because the latter could never have happened without the former

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I really like Fallout 1 and I kind of wish it was alone as just a one-and-done classic from that era of cRPGs.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Endman posted:

I really like Fallout 1 and I kind of wish it was alone as just a one-and-done classic from that era of cRPGs.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

fermun posted:

by this logic, we'd have good fallouts if everything took place on a line, and the ideal fallout is a point.

Sure why not.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Endman posted:

Fallout 2 was good! A bit bloated compared to 1 but nicely executed.
But I get what you mean, it would be nice if a classic could just be a classic, and not spawn 4 sequels and a spinoff MMO. And then a TV show, 2 movies and a dozen Funko Pops

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

White Rock posted:

But I get what you mean, it would be nice if a classic could just be a classic, and not spawn 4 sequels and a spinoff MMO. And then a TV show, 2 movies and a dozen Funko Pops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
no mutants allowed was basically the archetype for unreasonable entitled irrational nerd rage for years and lol they were right the whole time

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

saving this for the NYT thread

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zodium posted:

fallout 4 is a fantastic game if you ignore the main quest and install about 400 mods to replace every single game mechanic.

just sim settlement and playing on hardcore mode is enough for me

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium posted:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Orange Devil posted:

this is the third worldist truth the berniebro leftist fears.

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is a more consistent line than "FO3 was trash, NV was great" because the latter could never have happened without the former

Thinking about someone saying that wrt Warcraft 3 and the Frozen throne.
>wow rain of chaos is such garbage with worse mission variety.

Tankbuster has issued a correction as of 18:33 on Sep 17, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

a capterpiller is still gross even if you think butterflies are pretty

shoulda just extended development for a year and did the robot cowboys first, leave the jesus allegory for hacks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tankbuster posted:

this is the third worldist truth the berniebro leftist fears.

Thinking about someone saying that wrt Warcraft 3 and the Frozen throne.
>wow rain of chaos is such garbage with worse mission variety.

RoC is much worse than TFT though. Actually now that I think about it, that entire era of blizzard games was the game finally becoming great with the expansion. LOD, BW, TFT. The list goes o- I actually guess it stops there

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

tokin opposition posted:

a capterpiller is still gross even if you think butterflies are pretty

shoulda just extended development for a year and did the robot cowboys first, leave the jesus allegory for hacks
caterpillars are cute

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

RoC is much worse than TFT though. Actually now that I think about it, that entire era of blizzard games was the game finally becoming great with the expansion. LOD, BW, TFT. The list goes o- I actually guess it stops there

ros made d4 not poo poo I think that counts

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

no mutants allowed was basically the archetype for unreasonable entitled irrational nerd rage for years and lol they were right the whole time

yeah i had a brief period of silent introspection when i realized this a few years ago. the lessons of that whole episode now seem unclear to me.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I really enjoyed both Warcraft III and its expansion, and the best parts of World of Warcraft were the bits where it tied back into that story imo

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
See the entitlement and rage are unhealthy and non constructive ways of expressing sincere concerns about game direction.

No matter what they did, they weren't going to a major studio choosing spectacle and quantity of content over writing fundamentals.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The sincere concerns are considered entitlement and rage no matter how you express them though, because the narrative is set by people who need that to make their uncritical swallowing down of the slop to look good

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bolverk15/status/1703712600930836895?s=46&t=fgyOuYr9CAM3IkK23572nA

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

rachel ray romano posted:

How do you get fired from homework with 7 months notice?

he was a weird guy. didn't get tenure and started freaking out on his students about it. it made for some bad communication and our relationship fell apart. anyway, good idea to leave anyway

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ah yes, leftist new Vegas where your choices are:

- liberalism
-fascism cosplayers
-capitalist borg man
-libertarian robot

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

tokin opposition posted:

Ah yes, leftist new Vegas where your choices are:

- liberalism
-fascism cosplayers
-capitalist borg man
-libertarian robot

Sounds like a typical DSA meeting to me :shrug:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Milo and POTUS posted:

yes. But you can't have TFT without ROC. Blizzard kept experimenting with level design and more complex trigger systems etc after they had already made the toolkit and released it for modders.

Endman posted:

I really enjoyed both Warcraft III and its expansion, and the best parts of World of Warcraft were the bits where it tied back into that story imo

It was probably the most cool experience I had in a videogame. "I get to visit the inside of a scout tower or barracks? This is what an orc burrow looks on the inside?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What im hearing is a mod should be commissioned replacing Mr. House with Big Structural Bailey and you should go around the Mojave spreading Liz Warren Thought at the tip of a power fist