Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

Jaxyon posted:

"You don't get to be that rich by being stupid" - every Trump voter.

I've had that said to me in real life, I think I died that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
So we can actually, legitimately trot out, "But his emails!" now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Has Trump tweeted about his idiot son's meetings yet?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Please I want Trump to pardon his son.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I'm kind of getting numb to these Trump-Russia stories. It's like every few days a big story comes out that looks so damning and everyone in this thread is like "Trump is so hosed now" and yet after every story nothing of real substance happens. The Republicans continue to mostly support the president and maybe a few might voice some "concerns" while voting for every cabinet nominee that Trump throws at them.

And yes I know the real investigation is with Mueller and little of it will be public and it will take a long time. But with every story that comes out it still feels like we aren't anywhere closer to Trump losing the amount of support he had on January 20th

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

quote:

By MATT APUZZO, JO BECKER, ADAM GOLDMAN and MAGGIE HABERMAN

They're not really loving around with this one. 4 Pulitzers among them

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Charliegrs posted:

I'm kind of getting numb to these Trump-Russia stories. It's like every few days a big story comes out that looks so damning and everyone in this thread is like "Trump is so hosed now" and yet after every story nothing of real substance happens. The Republicans continue to mostly support the president and maybe a few might voice some "concerns" while voting for every cabinet nominee that Trump throws at them.

And yes I know the real investigation is with Mueller and little of it will be public and it will take a long time. But with every story that comes out it still feels like we aren't anywhere closer to Trump losing the amount of support he had on January 20th

nice my man, nothing matters for sure.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Charliegrs posted:

I was in that boat until this e-mail story dropped. It takes things from plausible to deniability to "Don Jr. is going to have to take one for team Donald"

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

AegisP posted:

So we can actually, legitimately trot out, "But his emails!" now.

Only if he deletes them! Boy that would be fun :allears:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Has Trump tweeted about his idiot son's meetings yet?

almost everything but actually

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Every time something new comes out in this story I just flash to Armin Shimerman on Buffy saying "The police in this town are deeply stupid."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Charliegrs posted:

He's lost a bunch of that support but that won't really matter for a while.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I was in that boat until this e-mail story dropped. It takes things from plausible to deniability to "Don Jr. is going to have to take one for team Donald"

Trump pardoning his son will be something. I bet they release a statement and refuse to talk about it otherwise until Trump starts bragging on Twitter.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't wait until Trump starts raging about how horrible it is that somebody leaked his emails :allears:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
hahaha can you imagine how much poo poo Mueller must know of that we have no idea?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Funny thing is I could really believe that this meeting came to nothing - but that in and of itself doesn't matter at this point.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Charliegrs posted:

so listen
you've got 4 years of trump. there is some chance that he'll be impeached but dont hold your breath. Follow these stories (or dont) because they're true and important, not because they'll make trump suddenly not be president.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

moostaffa posted:

They're not really loving around with this one. 4 Pulitzers among them

FAKE NEWS

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

adam schiff just confirmed the russians would have started releasing these documents after the meeting.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Charliegrs posted:

Watergate took two years. The break in and cover up "didn't matter" for a long time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

FizFashizzle posted:

almost everything but actually

This to me seems incredibly damning. Junior has hosed up so much that even Trump has taken pause instead of immediately screaming FAKE NEWS like he usually does.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

awesmoe posted:

so listen
you've got 4 years of trump. there is some chance that he'll be impeached but dont hold your breath. Follow these stories (or dont) because they're true and important, not because they'll make trump suddenly not be president.

Trump might still be in office but if he ends up being a lame duck President after his entire inner circle goes down I'll gladly take that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

adam schiff just confirmed the russians would have started releasing these documents after the meeting.

Link? Tweet? Smoke signal? Any kind of shareable source?

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Link? Tweet? Smoke signal? Any kind of shareable source?

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

He's on Maddow. I can second that he said it if that helps you.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/884585976290578432

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/884585022015102977

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Lemming posted:

Watergate took two years. The break in and cover up "didn't matter" for a long time.

And it only started to matter when impeachment was coming up fast.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/884587915472404480

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/884589370447147009

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

:staredog:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump might still be in office but if he ends up being a lame duck President after his entire inner circle goes down I'll gladly take that.
I know what you mean and I agree, but my basic point is - barring some truly astonishing poo poo, trump will be president till 2020 and republicans will control the house and senate until at least 2018. expecting anything to change that is a recipe for disappointment.

Like, this news today is loving MASSIVE, but trump sr isn't going to be impeached based on his son's crimes, so...set expectations appropriately

(also he's already a lame duck president, in terms of legislative victories or direction, which is kind of very good news)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If 3 people confirmed the email to the press that means it isn't some super hidden secret but shared amongst a wider crowd.

Unless of course this is a setup to crush the press with FACK NACKS.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahaha even loving drudge

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

This to me seems incredibly damning. Junior has hosed up so much that even Trump has taken pause instead of immediately screaming FAKE NEWS like he usually does.

Just a pause in my opinion. I really think that Trump sr. genuinely believes he has not done anything wrong, and the media are liars who only want to destroy him and his family because they are jealous.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Guise, have you stopped to consider that this is all just red baiting and russophobia???

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
And now we watch as the GOP, with a completely straight face, downplays the significance of emails.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Xae posted:

Guise, have you stopped to consider that this is all just red baiting and russophobia???

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/884500356109094913

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Gonna go out on a limb and say the leaker is Eric. He's Fredo Trump. He's smaht!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

But let me tell you what the REAL crime is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Barron is the leaker.

• Locked thread