Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

:manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stealing this.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Our favorite GOP county chairman was out in his jester hat today

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MoseBuchele/status/768155806957117440

Are the quotes supposed to be ironic? He doesn't look old enough to not understand twitter

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Aliquid posted:

Our favorite GOP county chairman was out in his jester hat today

https://twitter.com/mikehalltexas/status/768186369390718976 you mean this guy?

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

https://twitter.com/Wisemeister/status/768205695824961536

Why is he changing shirts?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/BenPhilpottKUT/status/768207707899764736

all good things must come to an end I guess

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

All the pictures so far have been from the front so a big thank you to this brave tweeter who took a photo from the back. Now we can see his dumbass socks.
Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Funny thing is, where he is standing had graffiti on it two weeks ago stating that 9/11 was an inside job.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i saw that a thai restaurant appropriated everything about the hi how are you frog

it was very austin

edit

siiiiggghhh

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 24, 2016

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Aliquid posted:

i saw that a thai restaurant appropriated everything about the hi how are you frog

it was very austin

edit

siiiiggghhh

I feel like this is brownface

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

I feel like this is brownface

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Thai how are you is only the second best Thai place on the drag anyway. But they are located next to the frog, so good on them.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Zil posted:

Funny thing is, where he is standing had graffiti on it two weeks ago stating that 9/11 was an inside job.
In fairness though what hasn't been graffiti'd on that particular part of Lamar?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sardonik posted:

In fairness though what hasn't been graffiti'd on that particular part of Lamar?

Goat man in all its glory.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I hope everyone brought their dildos to campus today.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dildos are part of my everyday carry.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

I hope everyone brought their dildos to campus today.

There will be a film crew and a rolling stone reporter in one of my classes today. I hope someone shows up with a dildo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd put the ratio dildo carriers today to all present and future on campus carriers to 100:1 conservatively.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Thai how are you is only the second best Thai place on the drag anyway. But they are located next to the frog, so good on them.

Yea, the original mural has already been hosed anyways. Jeremiah The Innocent was only part of it, just the most prominent figure. When Sound Exchange closed and a loving Baja Fresh bought the building, they were going to clear that entire wall. There were protests (because if there's one way to get people in Austin pissed off, threaten to take away something they saw when they moved here as a UT freshman) and the owner of the Baja Fresh chain basically put that frame around the frog, but destroyed all the rest. Then Baja Fresh closed (because they sucked) the Thai place was able to jump into the space.

The Thai place basically gets to profit off both the gentrification crowd (because they got to go into a relatively-recently refurbished building) and the nostalgia crowd (by making Jeremiah their logo).

zoux posted:

I'd put the ratio dildo carriers today to all present and future on campus carriers to 100:1 conservatively.

It's time once again to re-post this (semi-NWS) video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaUl6x1YXpg&t=180s

e_angst fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 24, 2016

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just heard the phrase "glock-blockers" on the radio

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

e_angst posted:

Yea, the original mural has already been hosed anyways. Jeremiah The Innocent was only part of it, just the most prominent figure. When Sound Exchange closed and a loving Baja Fresh bought the building, they were going to clear that entire wall. There were protests (because if there's one way to get people in Austin pissed off, threaten to take away something they saw when they moved here as a UT freshman) and the owner of the Baja Fresh chain basically put that frame around the frog, but destroyed all the rest. Then Baja Fresh closed (because they sucked) the Thai place was able to jump into the space.

The Thai place basically gets to profit off both the gentrification crowd (because they got to go into a relatively-recently refurbished building) and the nostalgia crowd (by making Jeremiah their logo).

It's time once again to re-post this (semi-NWS) video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaUl6x1YXpg&t=180s

I hate the loving drag

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Gentrification on the east side is one thing but we are not about to start complaining about the drag getting gentrified, are we?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
As I recall, a previous owner/tenant in that space was going to paint over the frog, and they only agreed not to do it in exchange for money. I could swear someone collected money to pay off the person not to paint over a beloved, iconic, Austin landmark. Shocking that people didn't flock to patronize the business after that. Although it seems nobody can keep a store open on the drag or in the Dobie mall for some reason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Gentrification on the east side is one thing but we are not about to start complaining about the drag getting gentrified, are we?

I just hate it because it's crowded with dumbass students

Thermos H Christ posted:

As I recall, a previous owner/tenant in that space was going to paint over the frog, and they only agreed not to do it in exchange for money. I could swear someone collected money to pay off the person not to paint over a beloved, iconic, Austin landmark. Shocking that the business didn't catch on. Although it seems nobody can keep a store open on the drag or in the Dobie mall for some reason.

My parents once looked into buying a franchise on the drag but when they saw the books they were like NO. I took them down to the location and they couldn't believe it didn't make money, the overhead was insane.

I dunno how half of the down town storefronts stay open, Toy Joy, the most niche-rear end, found in some Rundberg strip mall business idea ever, moved from the drag to Second Street, and there's a Con Olio on Lavaca that I have no idea how it does enough volume to make money.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 24, 2016

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

As I recall, a previous owner/tenant in that space was going to paint over the frog, and they only agreed not to do it in exchange for money. I could swear someone collected money to pay off the person not to paint over a beloved, iconic, Austin landmark. Shocking that people didn't flock to patronize the business after that. Although it seems nobody can keep a store open on the drag or in the Dobie mall for some reason.

Because the drag is generally unpleasant and no one really likes it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is why I don't think bathroom bills are going to be a big thing pushed this session:

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/768494388737634304

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

zoux posted:

This is why I don't think bathroom bills are going to be a big thing pushed this session:

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/768494388737634304

otoh you're assuming a rational person is going to look at that poll and not think that now is to double down on conservative craziness

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If they think it's going to hurt them politically, they won't do it. This isn't some centerpiece conservative Holy Grail they've been trying to get for 15 years, it's something they came up with six months ago.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gettin lit at the glock block protest

https://twitter.com/BobbyCervantes/status/768511014128058368

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yeah, i hope it's some corbyn lookalike from the parlin building

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Aliquid posted:

Yea, if it was one of the classicists from the Garrison building, they would probably be in favor of the "manly aura" the law enables.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KoryDWatkins/status/768156859479973888

Kory Watkins is one guy who desperately needs a good rear end beating. It would take some of the completely unjustified swagger out of him.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
That dude is nuts. Open carry advocate, can't legally get a CC license.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm gonna be in the background on the daily show during Roy Wood's part

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

Aliquid posted:

Those keywords are triggering my Palaima sense.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

e_angst posted:

Yea, if it was one of the classicists from the Garrison building, they would probably be in favor of the "manly aura" the law enables.

Classics is in Wagner sucker.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
You know, I never knew we had such... off kilter people in Texas politics. (NSFW twitter link)

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

College Slice
:nms: too
oh god it auto-embedded on mobile, I did't even click on it
Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

What. The. gently caress.

It auto opened on mobile for me as well. Some poo poo you can't unsee.