Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Does the free Camera+ promotion still work for anyone else? I've been trying randomly over the past few days and although the offer is still there, it gives me a "no longer available due to high demand" error - though I'm sure people have posted in here that it worked for them since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I don't even know how to do anything on the app. Way over my head.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm almost 100% confident no one uses Camera+ anymore.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

noirstronaut posted:

I'm almost 100% confident no one uses Camera+ anymore.
I haven't used Camera+ since I found out about VSCO Cam. Literally the only thing I miss is Camera+'s stabilizer thing. VSCO has so many more features, it's more intuitive, etc.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Athletic Footjob posted:

Because you haven't actually downloaded their album onto your device.

On that note, how do you clear it from the phone? with iTunes?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

terre packet posted:

Touch ID on my brand new 6+ stopped working, even after a reboot and deleting the one fingerprint I registered. The sensor has simply stopped registering my finger – any ideas on how I can get this thing working again?

You can try a wipe and restore. But unltimately, I think you'll have to take it to the Apple Store. Or call support if you live too far from a store. Sorry.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

flosofl posted:

You can try a wipe and restore. But unltimately, I think you'll have to take it to the Apple Store. Or call support if you live too far from a store. Sorry.

Wipe and restore didn't work, erase all data and settings didn't work. I'm taking it to the Genius Bar today.

Sad thing is I'd gotten so used to iOS 8 being a buggy piece of poo poo on my old iPhone 5 that this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

saihttam posted:

On that note, how do you clear it from the phone? with iTunes?

Apple put out a tool to remove it from your cloud library.

http://support.apple.com/en-ca/ht6439

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Snuffman posted:

You can also hide the "purchase" from iTunes if you think you'll ever listen to it. (It's not terrible, but also not great.)

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

WhatsApp really needs a retina upgrade. I got a 6 today and I feel like the Zoom function in the Accessibility menu is on while using it.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it's probably an adaptive layout upgrade it needs, not a retina upgrade, but yeah. It's doing the same thing as the zoom function because it's probably running it in upscaled iPhone 5 resolution.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Trip report: I went to my appointment at the Apple Store and they replaced the entire screen, since it contains the Touch ID sensor. Both employees I talked to said they'd seen the same problem before.

This may flag me as a huge whiny baby, but what a pain in the rear end.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

terre packet posted:

Trip report: I went to my appointment at the Apple Store and they replaced the entire screen, since it contains the Touch ID sensor. Both employees I talked to said they'd seen the same problem before.

Yeah sure sucks having a store to get it replaced same day.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

terre packet posted:

Sucks you had a defecto. But imagine if it had been another product or brand. You may have had to wait days or weeks for resolution!

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
To be fair, Apple's customer service is top notch. I am however lucky that I'm 20 minutes from an Apple Store. And other than the busted sensor, this 6+ is completely awesome and may very well turn out to be the tablet replacement I hoped it would be.

e: spelling

Peteyfoot fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 3, 2014

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

terre packet posted:

To be fair, Apple's customer service is top notch. I am however lucky that I'm 20 minutes from an Apple Store. And other than the busted sensor, this 6+ is completely awesome and may very well turn out to be the tablet replacement I hoped it would be.

e: spelling

It's not *quite* there for me yet. I use the iPad for a lot of document creation and note taking, so the bigger screen of the tablet is still a necessity. Plus I'd feel weird propping up the phone and pulling out a BT keyboard.

However, for everything else, the 6 plus has already replaced the iPad. Videos, web browsing all that kind of stuff.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Snuffman posted:

Thanks

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
Looks like USAA added Pay support early.

:toot:

EDIT:

And Navy Federal/PNC

Pappyland fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 3, 2014

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Added my NFCU Visa card and tried it out on the office vending machine, pretty surprised how easy it is to use in practice.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
My backwoods card finally rolled out support and has the lamest card graphic of all time.... the struggle... is real?????????

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I just got a new Capital One fancy card with the security chip and all that and passbook doesn't have a graphic for it. Closing account.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

What's funny is that it was the banks that needed Apple Pay to have custom card graphics. They said that their card branding was very important and couldn't be ignored.

And then I have a Citi Forward card that has a generic image.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tried Apple Pay for the first time at Jack in the Box last night. I held my phone close to the sensor, the Touch ID thing came up. I scanned my fingerprint like 8 times and it said "cannot process payment" like 8 times before I just gave the dude my CC. Am I supposed to be doing anything other than just scanning my finger print?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Tried Apple Pay for the first time at Jack in the Box last night. I held my phone close to the sensor, the Touch ID thing came up. I scanned my fingerprint like 8 times and it said "cannot process payment" like 8 times before I just gave the dude my CC. Am I supposed to be doing anything other than just scanning my finger print?

You just hold it up to the sensor and authorize with Touch ID while in range of the sensor. Occasionally I have moved my phone while authorizing which will cause it to leave the sensor's range and the payment won't go through. Maybe that's what's happening in your case?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Apple Pay didn't work at Jack in the Box the one time I tried it. Same issue. It's worked everywhere else I've tried it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Apple Pay didn't work at Jack in the Box the one time I tried it. Same issue. It's worked everywhere else I've tried it.

Booooo.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6534

quote:

Some stores might have this symbol on their card readers and point of sale terminals, but they might not be currently set up to accept contactless payments including Apple Pay. At the current time, this includes 7-Eleven, Home Depot, and Jack in the Box.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

smackfu posted:

What's funny is that it was the banks that needed Apple Pay to have custom card graphics. They said that their card branding was very important and couldn't be ignored.

And then I have a Citi Forward card that has a generic image.

Wells Fargo appears to have glitched pixels on theirs.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I've only tried two vending machines so far and they said accepted but then when trying to get a drink nothing happens and I have a charge for a value of "--".

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Pappyland posted:

Looks like USAA added Pay support early.

:toot:

EDIT:

And Navy Federal/PNC

And Barclays as well since I just added my US Airways Mastercard. Although for some reason it wouldn't take my second US Airways Mastercard.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I have a question about battery usage. I have an iPhone 6 w/ iOS 8.1 and my battery drains faster than I'd expect during the day at work. I have background app refresh disabled, and changed all push settings for mail/contacts/etc to fetch (30 mins). Location services is on (but apps only use when active except for weather apps), wifi is off. Battery usage reports 19% home and lock screen, 15% podcasts (a few downloads, a couple plays), 9% mail "low signal" in subtitle, and various others. What else can I do to minimize battery drain, other than airport mode?

I do have very poor signal at work and worry that fetch services may be retrying too often. Not sure if changing back to push would help or hurt.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

The answer is actually airplane mode. Just turn it off to check every so often. That's almost certainly killing your battery as the phone is constantly searching for a stronger signal. I work in a dead zone too, and I just leave it on airplane mode and walk out into the hall every hour or so and let it check then.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

pmchem posted:

I do have very poor signal at work

No amount of fiddling with your settings will fix the cold hard reality that this is the major reason why your battery life sucks.

In my opinion you're better using your works WiFi. It's more than likely more battery efficient than using the cell network.

I'd also wager one of those MicroCell towers from ATT or a Samsung Network Extender(SCS-2U01) for Verizon would rectify the situation. But I'd probably just use wifi and be happy.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Well, where I work Wi-Fi, as well as the network at large, is only to be used for company assets and actively blocks anything that isn't asset tagged. Actually, I'd recommend either bringing your charger or getting another and just leaving it connected to power all day, if you can't deal with airplane mode.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

carry on then posted:

Well, where I work Wi-Fi, as well as the network at large, is only to be used for company assets and actively blocks anything that isn't asset tagged.

similar situation for me. I'll probably just downgrade some settings further and use airplane mode more. Don't want to leave it plugged in all day as I understand that's hard on battery longevity.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

pmchem posted:

similar situation for me. I'll probably just downgrade some settings further and use airplane mode more. Don't want to leave it plugged in all day as I understand that's hard on battery longevity.

You take it off when you're at home, don't you? As long as it's not constant it'll be fine M-F. Hell, don't charge it overnight weeknights since you know it'll be charging the next day.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

carry on then posted:

Well, where I work Wi-Fi, as well as the network at large, is only to be used for company assets and actively blocks anything that isn't asset tagged.
This used to be the case for me, but then Verizon ponied up the cash and ran IT-approved repeaters through our buildings.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

This used to be the case for me, but then Verizon ponied up the cash and ran IT-approved repeaters through the building.

I wish so badly they'd do that here, but this is in a town of 200,000 and we're not even the biggest draw here by far.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So I requested a sim unlock from T-Mobile for my 5s, do I really just plug it in and run iTunes in 24 hours and it'll unlock? How does the phone or iTunes know? :tinfoil:

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

1st AD posted:

So I requested a sim unlock from T-Mobile for my 5s, do I really just plug it in and run iTunes in 24 hours and it'll unlock? How does the phone or iTunes know? :tinfoil:

T-Mobile tells Apple to unlock it. The activation servers do the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
You will need to restore the OS, not simply plug it in, just in case that part wasn't clear..