Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheRat posted:

Sounds good. I loving love kittens!

And yet you'd kill one for your God-given right to treat women as a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011
don't defend slurs

don't normalize imperialism

this is some basic poo poo. why is there a slap fight over this

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

The Ender posted:

That's fair. I would agree that many unforced errors popped-out of the Sanders camp during the primary, and he lost on his own merits.

So why are you still talking about Kissenger and Haiti? What possible purpose could it serve other than to remind yourself that this terrible lady beat Bernie fair and square?

The Ender posted:

Clinton cult: You lost. Got completely steamrolled. Your strategy was garbage, your candidate was awful. When Sanders won an upset in Michigan, that should have raised alarm bells all over the place.

Please admit that you kinda suck at this whole 'politics' thing, and should maybe look to other folks in the party that have different ideas about what to do, because yours ain't no good no more.
Lost? Yes. Steamrolled? No. Strategy was garbage? Yes. Candidate was awful? Yes. Everything she ever did or said is bad? No. We need to radically alter our policies? No. We need to let a bunch of crazy people drive because we lost once? No.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

What a stunner, man who loves to use "oval office," "bitch," has heart filled with hate, hates women.

Color me stunned.

All one has to do is look at your rap sheet to see who the real hater is. Give me a break with the shrieking hypocrisy. Jesus man if you weren't so swelled up in your smugness you'd realize the use of thundercunt in that context had nothing to do with women. But hey rage over nothing I guess.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

yellowyams posted:

don't defend slurs

don't normalize imperialism

this is some basic poo poo. why is there a slap fight over this

Your compañeros are reactionary infiltrators and liberals, I'm afraid.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Confounding Factor posted:

All one has to do is look at your rap sheet to see who the real hater is. Give me a break with the shrieking hypocrisy. Jesus man if you weren't so swelled up in your smugness you'd realize the use of thundercunt in that context had nothing to do with women. But hey rage over nothing I guess.

Are you gonna quote that Chris Rock joke now?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Kilroy posted:

Meanwhile it's Very Important that centrists remain totally in control of the party apparatus because they're the only ones who recognize that Democrats got RATFUCKED and that's why Hillary lost - not that she ran a loving joke of a campaign and that centrism is hot garbage.

Yes, anyone who can't admit we got ratfucked, are still getting ratfucked, and that getting ratfucked makes it harder for us to win elections has no business running the party in any shape or form.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

stone cold posted:

Being girly isn't an insult, pedophilia-normalizer, hth

Effectronica seems to think it is.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Confounding Factor posted:

Using oval office is never not inherently gendered.

Calling people who disagree with you shrieking is pretty adorable tier trolling.

For the nth time, I'm a woman.

This isn't rage over nothing, this is rage over you using a slur for my genitals as a pejorative, but sorry your penis is dumb and sad.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Crowsbeak posted:

So is part of your brain exposed to the air or something cause god drat are you dumb.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

You're the one who called it a kink, so you're the one who's normalizing it.

Why don't you hang out with your buddies on 4chan?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

JeffersonClay posted:

Lost? Yes. Steamrolled? No. Strategy was garbage? Yes. Candidate was awful? Yes. Everything she ever did or said is bad? No. We need to radically alter our policies? No. We need to let a bunch of crazy people drive because we lost once? No.
If 2012 was a landslide win then 2016 at least gives Trump a mandate as President. (I think neither is true, but I don't think you can pick and choose here.)

Anyway yeah, crazy people. The election was won and lost and Russian interference, conveniently giving you an excuse to learn nothing and change nothing. I would suggest you question, purely as a thought experiment, what events would have to transpire before you would give up digging your heels in on a centrist platform and on cronyism as the central pillar of DNC party politics. Just try to figure out how far you're willing to go to defend this poo poo, because it's already pretty drat far.

In the meantime enjoy your politicians' guild.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

Your compañeros are reactionary infiltrators and liberals, I'm afraid.

99% of your posts are complete nonsense including this one

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Brainiac Five posted:

Bernouts, if someone held a gun to a kitten's head and demanded you refrain from misogynistic slurs or else, how fast would you call them a pussy?

You'd call them a wuss. Bing Bong, so simple.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

JeffersonClay posted:

We need to radically alter our policies? No. We need to let a bunch of crazy people drive because we lost once? No.

You didn't just lose once. You lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 house seats, 13 senate seats and one presidential race since Obama got into office. And given that track record, maybe you should radically alter your policies and/or give someone else a turn at the wheel.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

JeffersonClay posted:

We need to let a bunch of crazy people drive because we lost to Donald Trump?

Just making it a bit more accurate.

The Ender
Aug 2, 2012

MY OPINIONS ARE NOT WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN SHIT

JeffersonClay posted:

So why are you still talking about Kissenger and Haiti? What possible purpose could it serve other than to remind yourself that this terrible lady beat Bernie fair and square?

Steamrolled. Destroyed. Tooled-on. loving annihilated, boy.

Every single battleground, gone, on top of 2 traditional strongholds and 1 typically blue state.

When was the last time there was ever such an electoral college disaster for the dems?

Trump paddled your rear end and sent you to the corner while people sobbed under their unbroken glass ceiling.

You're the crazy ones - you're the ones who double down on plans that do not work & run candidates & campaigns that do nothing but lose. How many branches of government do you control, again? Oh, right, but no you shouldn't let those other people drive! They don't know what they're doing!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

stone cold posted:

You're the one who called it a kink, so you're the one who's normalizing it.

Why don't you hang out with your buddies on 4chan?

Being girly is a kink?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Being girly is a kink?

could you please cite the post where eff thinks calling somebody girly is an insult, you pedophilia-normalizer?

then as a follow up, please preach to me more about how slurs are good

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

yellowyams posted:

99% of your posts are complete nonsense including this one

The people you have aligned yourself with, with a few exceptions, are not politically left-wing and have no reason to object to slurs because their ideology is fine with slurs and thinks slurs are good, or at least a sometimes thing. I'm sorry you have been betrayed by the movement you have identified with.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Brainiac Five posted:

The people you have aligned yourself with, with a few exceptions, are not politically left-wing and have no reason to object to slurs because their ideology is fine with slurs and thinks slurs are good, or at least a sometimes thing. I'm sorry you have been betrayed by the movement you have identified with.

Just so I know, am I left-wing?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheRat posted:

Figure it out.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

JeffersonClay posted:

Yes, anyone who can't admit we got ratfucked, are still getting ratfucked, and that getting ratfucked makes it harder for us to win elections has no business running the party in any shape or form.
I think about the worst thing that happened in that regard during this election was the behavior of the FBI. I'm not sure to what extent Comey was just getting ahead of what he thought would be inevitable leaks, versus trying to throw the election to Trump, but either way the law was broken and people should go to jail for it. They won't. The Russia stuff is mostly a distraction and at any rate it's completely out of our control (aside from improving security) so I'm not sure what you hope to gain by constantly pointing it out. Yes, Russians hacked emails that exposed Hillary and DNC operatives being lovely, and to some extent that shittiness was overblown by the media. Now what? The only way forward on that front is to either stop being lovely[1] or make sure you've got airtight infosec and continue being lovely. I'd prefer the former but it seems you want to throw up your hands and hope we can achieve the latter (we can't).

[1] which by the way, Keith Ellison also got "ratfucked" again by his own party accusing him of antisemitism, so if there's a lesson to be learned here it's pretty clear your side hasn't loving picked up on it yet.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

TheRat posted:

I mean, you like Wikileaks, Assange the rapist, and therefore, Russia.

So remind me, is the Russian authoritarian regime right or left wing?

:allears:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
People thinking losing to Donald Trump is just business as usual, the whims of politics, definitely explains why they are stay the course types.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

stone cold posted:

you like Wikileaks, Assange the rapist, and therefore, Russia.

Earlier today, on IRC, I called Assange a oval office. I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus in your book though.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad Bernouts are innocent enough to believe Republicans would refuse to vote for a sexual predator, raging racist, and thinly-veiled flimflam artist, but it doesn't speak well to their political abilities.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

stone cold posted:

could you please cite the post where eff thinks calling somebody girly is an insult, you pedophilia-normalizer?

then as a follow up, please preach to me more about how slurs are good

Brainiac Five posted:

Are we gonna see Bernouts insist that calling someone a "girly-man" is a revolutionary act?
Also maybe don't lose your poo poo when someone says girly.

The Ender
Aug 2, 2012

Kilroy posted:

I think about the worst thing that happened in that regard during this election was the behavior of the FBI. I'm not sure to what extent Comey was just getting ahead of what he thought would be inevitable leaks, versus trying to throw the election to Trump, but either way the law was broken and people should go to jail for it. They won't. The Russia stuff is mostly a distraction and at any rate it's completely out of our control (aside from improving security) so I'm not sure what you hope to gain by constantly pointing it out. Yes, Russians hacked emails that exposed Hillary and DNC operatives being lovely, and to some extent that shittiness was overblown by the media. Now what? The only way forward on that front is to either stop being lovely[1] or make sure you've got airtight infosec and continue being lovely. I'd prefer the former but it seems you want to throw up your hands and hope we can achieve the latter (we can't).

[1] which by the way, Keith Ellison also got "ratfucked" again by his own party accusing him of antisemitism, so if there's a lesson to be learned here it's pretty clear your side hasn't loving picked up on it yet.

Democrats: always somehow someone else's faults that they lose & can't play the game.

'It's no fair! Their strats are OP! Someone has to nerf them!'

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kilroy posted:

For what it's worth I didn't give two shits at the time that Bernie wasn't the nominee and was happy to vote for and try to get other people to vote for Hillary. There were some eyebrow-raising moments during the campaign but nothing too major, and it was only after the election was over and I learned things like, oh e.g. she didn't think it worth her time to campaign in a swing state at all, and telling volunteers to go home, etc. etc. that I realized she was a poo poo-tier candidate.

everyone with a brain knew she was a poo poo tier candidate it's that a lot of us thought it wouldn't matter in the end cuz look at who she was up against.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

You didn't just lose once. You lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 house seats, 13 senate seats and one presidential race since Obama got into office. And given that track record, maybe you should radically alter your policies and/or give someone else a turn at the wheel.

We have someone else at the wheel. We're just not giving the wheel to crazy idiots who consistently demonstrate they have no ability to analyze political dynamics.

Homeless Friend posted:

Just making it a bit more accurate.

Clinton's biggest mistake was assuming Trump would be easy to beat. If y'all want to be taken seriously, recognizing that error would be a good place to start.

The Ender posted:

Steamrolled. Destroyed. Tooled-on. loving annihilated, boy.

Every single battleground, gone, on top of 2 traditional strongholds and 1 typically blue state.

When was the last time there was ever such an electoral college disaster for the dems?

Democrats lost all the swing states, except for Virginia, Nevada, Colorado and New Hampshire. The election was extremely close, and was decided by less than 1% of the vote in 3 states. Why would we listen to people who can't even get the basic parts of analyzing the election right? You probably could convince me that you know what's best for the democrats if every third word coming out of your mouth wasn't a wet fart sound.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it should've been a blowout of historic proportions.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

lol if you don't think centrists do this poo poo all the time (see how pantsuit nation turned on minorities after clinton lost) on top of sitting on their asses as my rights go down the drain.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Guys, guys, guys, for gently caress's sake, can't we all just agree the enemy is evil and unite in our mutual hatred of the other rather than getting into petty arguments over things? Like, seriously, it's not hard to get: vote in primaries for the face and voice of the party you want, work with their campaigns if you must, donate, protest, rally, and the like. Hell, minor arguments amongst one another is fine: there is no one way to do the party and unity is not a common sight in politics. But, lets not let it get too heated. At the end of the day, we're just puffing hard air while the enemy shoots dead another innocent person. Take to the streets and make the opposition fear for their safety if they continue denying the will of the majority so people can safe soundly at night knowing the demons are back in their cages, don't fight each other pettily on the internet.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

TheRat posted:

Earlier today, on IRC, I called Assange a oval office. I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus in your book though.

It's a total wash, enjoy your gendered slur.

Crowsbeak posted:

Also maybe don't lose your poo poo when someone says girly.

Hmm yes, I the smart boy pedophilia-normalizer see no difference from calling someone girly and girly-man.

I the smartboy crowsbeak really know what's best for your hysterical dames and I deride femininity in all men, hence why I call people girly-men all the time, this is an ok thing to do!

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

it should've been a blowout of historic proportions.

Why? When, in history after 1864, have Americans roundly rejected white supremacy when it's the subject of an election? When have Americans ever roundly rejected sexism when it was the subject of an election?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Michigan and Wisconsin weren't swing states by any metric a campaign could suss out, for the record. Not excusing not spending some time there, but it's not like she didn't spend a whole bunch of time in two swing states she lose.

Also for eversaid it, she also won three important swing states in terms of the future demographics if the US: Virginia, NV and Colorado (where Trump spent more time and money, somehow)

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

yellowyams posted:

lol if you don't think centrists do this poo poo all the time (see how pantsuit nation turned on minorities after clinton lost) on top of sitting on their asses as my rights go down the drain.

Huh, maybe that's why I called them liberals...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

yellowyams posted:

Pantsuit Nation absolutely did not turn against minorities lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ender
Aug 2, 2012

JeffersonClay posted:

We have someone else at the wheel. We're just not giving the wheel to crazy idiots who consistently demonstrate they have no ability to analyze political dynamics.

Clinton's biggest mistake was assuming Trump would be easy to beat. If y'all want to be taken seriously, recognizing that error would be a good place to start.

Democrats lost all the swing states, except for Virginia, Nevada, Colorado and New Hampshire. The election was extremely close, and was decided by less than 1% of the vote in 3 states. Why would we listen to people who can't even get the basic parts of analyzing the election right? You probably could convince me that you know what's best for the democrats if every third word coming out of your mouth wasn't a wet fart sound.

Nevada & Colorado haven't been swing states in a very long time, and New Hampshire is nothing. I did forget about Virginia, though, yes.

• Locked thread