Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, if you're using that logic I'd just hold onto it to see for sure. We don't really know anything definite about Hyperion. Just that he won that poll so we assume an update is coming eventually. But we don't know the turn around on that or anything.

But I'm a hoarder so my instinct is to sit on it and wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Hmm. I've heard Quasar is pretty good, though?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Like Carnage, at T2 Quasar can stay invincible with the right rotation and easily solo any normal shadowlands level. I'm not sure how she stacks up at T1. At T2 Magik is much better than both, her 5 does crazy amounts of damage.

T1 Hyperion with 4x15 has died in seconds in every fight I've tried him in. I've only tried Ironheart as lead or group bonus with Iron Man. I just got Kid Kaiju to 4x15 and haven't tried him yet, I heard he's great at T2 with uni though.

For T1 I'd probably guess Magik > Quasar > Carnage >>> Hyperion, until he gets his revamp at least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Diddler posted:

Is the event gone? I have 20 event tokens but can't find the event itself anymore.

Mine's gone too. They're having some problem and are pushing the event back a day.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=2216&id=1153680

quote:

Greetings, Agents.

We became aware that the access to the Event Shop is currently unavailable due to an error on the Update Preparation Event Quest.

We offer our sincerest apology for the inconvenience this error has caused, and to remedy this, we have decided to take the following action:

[Change of Date in Update Preparation Event]

- This event will now begin on May 23rd at 8:00 AM PDT, and we'll provide new details to the event soon.

Again, we offer our sincerest apology for this inconvenience this error has caused,

and we will strive to avoid this kind of issue in the future.

Thank you.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

STAC Goat posted:

Mine's gone too. They're having some problem and are pushing the event back a day.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=2216&id=1153680

Hopefully we will get some free tickets as compensation so.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

its a festivus miracle

both magik and colossus to 20x4 and (T2 with tickets) on one bio sub thanks to a 50% rank up on one day. on the LAST day.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Since I'm actually seemingly sticking around this time - game is fun with a bunch of 6* - I applied to an alliance. Waifu I think, forgot to post about it. (Lazarus)

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 23, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How is T2 Colossus? I'm debating on whether to keep the X-gene sub once I t2 Magik.

When did they put up the event? I didn't see any quests when i played yesterday.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

twistedmentat posted:

How is T2 Colossus? I'm debating on whether to keep the X-gene sub once I t2 Magik.

When did they put up the event? I didn't see any quests when i played yesterday.

The event seemed to be up for about an hour and was then taken down again.

Rewards were pretty crap, Iron Man and War Machine bios iirc, and then the usual Norn Stones, BAM and gold.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I have a rank 916 Colossus and I still don't understand wtf he does

He doesn't heal, he's really tanky like Cap but his damage is better, still not amazing though. Some iframes, gimmick is some ability refreshes 1* and 2* but those abilities suck so idk

Idgi, but I'm building him for rank because I hope one day he gets a uni that will give him the arcade cabinet power

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

We'll see what happens with the new update and whenever they add more Xpeople for me to collect, but I've been drifting away from this. Just noting in case anyone wants control of Goonlactus? I literally haven't looked at conquest for a month but we're level 30, store level 8 (42%) and have 11 free slots (23 free if I dumped all the > 1 month people.)

I'm still logging in sometimes to collect rewards and maybe do dailies but I think I've killed the frost beast over a thousand times and the world bosses just as many so I'm maybe a little burned out.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Well I thought we were supposed to be making a super clan so idk what's up with that? We (goonlactus) have not even had a token attempt at alliance conquest in a few weeks now.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

thechalkoutline posted:

I have a rank 916 Colossus and I still don't understand wtf he does

He doesn't heal, he's really tanky like Cap but his damage is better, still not amazing though. Some iframes, gimmick is some ability refreshes 1* and 2* but those abilities suck so idk

Idgi, but I'm building him for rank because I hope one day he gets a uni that will give him the arcade cabinet power

He has a passive that gives 50% damage decreased from villains to all allies, which is neat if not particularly useful.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I really don't understand how Alliance Conquest works. Most of the time it's just Prep Phase, where just I go in and collect tokens and donate them to the alliance to get different tokens. Sometimes, it is Battle Phase, and if I'm lucky, it'll be a bunch of weak sucks that I can throw dudes and and beat, but usually it's all maxed out people that crush me.

I don't know what the "Set Characters" button does.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
"Set characters" lets you switch out the characters that you have defending an area with other characters that aren't in use. This is only an option if you successfully attacked and took over a region.

You have to pay crystals to do it so it's dumb and not worth doing.

Aside from that, your description of Alliance Conquest is accurate and why it sucks.

amusinginquiry fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 23, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I learnt the trick about Alliance. It counts the number of characters you use.
So basically if you spend an hour throwing your entire roster at an enemies team of Apocalypse/ Cable and Jean Grey and they all instantly die...you get a good reward. If you do it two or three times, you can get a great reward.

If your Alliance wins the Conquest you also get some rewards too.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah AC has two separate rewards -- one for participation and one for whether or not you win. The problem is that both rewards are usually pretty bad and the time investment is silly.

For participation, it's worth noting that if you just wipe the floor with the other alliances and have your full roster sitting pretty over the whole map it counts as 'using' them every day and you'll get the right reward. This also means that if you have the WHOLE map a bunch of people in your alliance can't participate at all since there's nothing to attack and they'll get the bad version of the participation award. I don't know what the exact cutoffs are and I don't think the game explains itself anywhere, but to get the mythic reward* at the end of the week you sometimes need to have done stuff like throw all of your tier 1's into hopeless fights just to have used them that day.

There are lots of words to write about why AC is poopy and frustrating but to me honestly selecting teams got me down after a while. I always look for good teamups and leadership synergies and without being able to save specific teams it just got exhausting trying to pick people to fight, especially because with the battle->prep phases there's sometimes a time pressure. If you hem and haw too long about your setup the whole node can get swiped from under you and then you've wasted a bunch of effort.

* mythic reward AKA 40 level 5 rank up ISOs.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 23, 2018

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Black Widow T2'd!

I just need a Universal T2'd to complete my set. I have Angela almost there, but I've heard she's really not worth it?

Loki is good, yeah?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Vandar posted:

Black Widow T2'd!

I just need a Universal T2'd to complete my set. I have Angela almost there, but I've heard she's really not worth it?

Loki is good, yeah?

With his Ragnarok uniform yes, he's very good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh seriously, I have 129 bios for Illyana, so that means 2 more days of X-gene subs into her, with just 1 needed on the last day. I guess I could take my chances with the processer.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Oh seriously, I have 129 bios for Illyana, so that means 2 more days of X-gene subs into her, with just 1 needed on the last day. I guess I could take my chances with the processer.

I'm pretty sure Magik and Col don't drop from the processor

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

NmareBfly posted:

There are lots of words to write about why AC is poopy and frustrating but to me honestly selecting teams got me down after a while. I always look for good teamups and leadership synergies and without being able to save specific teams it just got exhausting trying to pick people to fight, especially because with the battle->prep phases there's sometimes a time pressure. If you hem and haw too long about your setup the whole node can get swiped from under you and then you've wasted a bunch of effort.

You are my soul brother.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

ZodiakLucien posted:

They don't :/

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
I need some suggestions. I have a decent T2 roster but I now have the returning player T2 character selector and need to figure out who to get. Here are my current T2s:

Any suggestions? Also should I save my crystals for a uniform sale or go for Emma Frost or Adam Warlock? They seem cool but, you know, crystals.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Black Panther is a beast with t2 and his costume but if a t2 selector takes someone from 1* you probably shouldn't waste it on him but Target someone you don't have ranked up at all. Loki seems glaringly missing. Shuri is real good and has a great ally buff. You could probably go with that tier sheet posted earlier in the thread.

I'm having the same "Emma or costumes?" quandry but it seems like all the infinity War costumes are awesome and two or three of those seem more valuable than one character as long as you use them to really improve someone. Winter Soldier's makes him great. Black Widow's is pretty great too. I probably wouldn't use the T2 selector on them though since they're cheap to farm.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

STAC Goat posted:

Black Panther is a beast with t2 and his costume but if a t2 selector takes someone from 1* you probably shouldn't waste it on him but Target someone you don't have ranked up at all. Loki seems glaringly missing. Shuri is real good and has a great ally buff. You could probably go with that tier sheet posted earlier in the thread.

I'm having the same "Emma or costumes?" quandry but it seems like all the infinity War costumes are awesome and two or three of those seem more valuable than one character as long as you use them to really improve someone. Winter Soldier's makes him great. Black Widow's is pretty great too. I probably wouldn't use the T2 selector on them though since they're cheap to farm.

I already had Loki T2 ready so just used a ticket on him. Whoops. Still no Ragnarok costume on him though. Shuri and Panther are well on their way to getting T2 tickets put on them although no uni on Shuri. Looking at that tier list is Angel really that good? He's a pretty good candidate if so since I only have him at 3 stars.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He does great damage but I find he dies easy. I wouldn't really use a selector on him since he's not that hard to farm and he uses Phoenix Feathers and M'kraan Crystals instead of BAM/Chaos Stones. And eventually you'll be throwing that mutant stuff away because there's no other use for it. In general I'd save the the selector for a character you can't farm anywhere. In the long run its the best use of resources.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Maybe Valkyrie or Coulson for their buff against supervillains for WBU?

For crystals I'd avoid Warlock, he requires a lot of bios and Jean will make the biggest difference leveling up with those. Emma is really solid but if you are clearing SL with no issues a costume might be better especially if a new batch is coming soon.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 25, 2018

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

bagrada posted:

Maybe Valkyrie or Coulson for their buff against supervillains for WBU?

For crystals I'd avoid Warlock, he requires a lot of bios and Jean will make the biggest difference leveling up with those. Emma is really solid but if you are clearing SL with no issues a costume might be better especially if a new batch is coming soon.

I was all set to grab Valkyrie and you can't use the selector on daily Bio characters. Bastards.

Clearly the answer is MODOK.

Edit: Skurge? Titania? Ultron? Destroyer? First 2 have a good ranking on the tier list, the last two have some specific uses though right? Is Klaue good for anything other than the rewards in the Legendary Battle?

Edit 2: Going with Hulk. Got the Ragnarok uni and he's only 5* and a pain in the dick to farm.

MonkeyBot fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 25, 2018

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Hulk is good and Klaue is a solid shadowlands clear

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ZodiakLucien posted:

Yea, lucky I realized that only after 2 rolls. Oh well, Its not the dumbest thing I've done in this game.

So I was sitting on nearly 8K of dark matter, so I decided to level Ebony Maw, figuring his IW costume will make him awesome. I hope those costumes show up soon, I almost have 5K crystals again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Klaw is ok. He can handle a midlevel combat rumble in Shadowland, which is pretty valuable. You just have to master his 3-4-5 cycle which I think is one the harder ones to do. But mostly that just means you might need a couple of tries.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Hit the jackpot and got a 6* mega rank up ticket from the platinum box today. I may actually give this game a few more bucks for a bio-sub so I can use it on a worthwhile character.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Benthalus posted:

Hit the jackpot and got a 6* mega rank up ticket from the platinum box today. I may actually give this game a few more bucks for a bio-sub so I can use it on a worthwhile character.

Honestly, you might be better off using the bio processor to get a 1-star Nova or Anti-Man and use it on one of them, especially if you're not planning to T2 the character.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Zokari posted:

Honestly, you might be better off using the bio processor to get a 1-star Nova or Anti-Man and use it on one of them, especially if you're not planning to T2 the character.

Already did that a couple weeks ago with both.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Patch Notes: http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=2196&id=1158483

quote:

Greetings, Agents!

It is time to unveil the latest additions to Marvel Future Fight in our big v4.1 update, the 2nd update inspired by Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War!

This update is the sequel to last month’s update, one that includes new uniforms inspired by Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War including characters such as Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Hulkbuster 2.0, and War Machine!

A new ascension to Tier-3 awaits for Iron Man and Spider-Man as they await to break through their limitations and become Tier-3. This includes new growth factors to further Amplify their abilities.

Of course, in order to reach Tier-3, you will need essential items to reach there, and that is where the new additions for World Boss: Ultimate stages comes in handy. You will now be able to face Corvus Glaive and Cull Obsidian in an Ultimate setting.

A new feature for Alliance Battle awaits, where you can now access your Personal Rankings to see where you stand against other Agents!

Other updates such as Inventory improvements and continuous Uru Amplification have been included to provide Agents with a more convenient way to advance their troops.

Hurry now and see details below!

▣ 8 New Uniforms

New uniforms for Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Hulkbuster 2.0, War Machine, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Ebony Maw, and Cull Obsidian have been added.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It looks like the Strange uniform is pretty blah so they're selling it for only 350.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I’m glad they fixed shadowlands captain America. I kept dying on a stage 6 because he was using his tier 3 skill over and over again with no cool down lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, I was wondering why all of a sudden Hydra Cap was wrecking my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Who are they referring to as Cull Obsidian? That is a group name.