Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

If women stopped wearing makeup, America would turn into Japan overnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im having a real hard time understanding your post cause Japan not only wears a lot of makeup they are the origination for tons of global product lines for beauty, especially skincare.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I was implying that a lot of men would lose interest in women without makeup.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I'm not trying to start poo poo, is it common for women to get poo poo just for saying "I don't want to wear makeup to work?"

I know some employers have downright draconian "dress" codes that require that crap, and that a woman with "natural" makeup is more likely to do well in a lot of employment and career settings than one with no makeup. Has the makeup worship crew actually started making GBS threads on women for not wanting to wear it to work? Because I can't think of anything that would make me go from loving makeup to hating it faster than having to ever wear it when I don't feel like it.

Oh hell yes. I love makeup, but for a while I stopped wearing it to work for Reasons and I literally got dragged into my (male) boss's office and asked if something was "wrong" and told that I just "looked tired and they wanted to make sure everything was ok"

E: just saw that you meant women. My other boss was a woman and she was "concerned" by the change in my appearance too so yeahhhh

Benny Harvey posted:

Some people are fatter than you are/were. Also, you seem to have some social skills, whereas other people are really bad at it. And some people are picky regarding sexual/romantic partners.

I mean, I'm really picky too. Like REALLY picky. Like to the point where it should probably be mocked on the internet. I still managed to get exactly what I wanted in a partner by developing a personality. It really is just these dudes being utterly confounded by the concept of social skills.

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 10, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Benny Harvey posted:

So youre... dumb? Thats the angle were going with? Bold, edgy, but Im not feeling it. Feels old hat, add pizazz. You need to go harder, stupider, more raw unkempt idiocy. Tell me that evopsych proves human males cant get erections unless a womans face is covered in a minimum of two makeup items that are terrible puns like Chiahuawow!

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Barudak posted:

So youre... dumb? Thats the angle were going with? Bold, edgy, but Im not feeling it. Feels old hat, add pizazz. You need to go harder, stupider, more raw unkempt idiocy. Tell me that evopsych proves human males cant get erections unless a womans face is covered in a minimum of two makeup items that are terrible puns like Chiahuawow!

No, men are dumb. loving idiots who think women naturally look the way that they do.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I don't wear any makeup to work at all, except on very rare occasions where I feel like it, and i never get any comments about it.

On the other hand, it's also well known that I usually get 3-4 hours sleep most nights, so people might think that telling me I look tired is redundant.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Benny Harvey posted:

I don't see that happening or being a bad thing.

Japan is the way you think it is because people work like 11 hour office days with an intransient job culture, back-ended pay for seniority so young people don't have as much financial freedom, and different cultural expectations for relationships and sex. I don't even know why you would think that women in Japan don't wear makeup, or that Japanese men are heavily into makeup unless you weren't intending to draw a comparison between the reasons and just think that not wearing makeup to work would have the same effect as a high stress urban lifestyle.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

HazCat posted:

I don't wear any makeup to work at all, except on very rare occasions where I feel like it, and i never get any comments about it.

On the other hand, it's also well known that I usually get 3-4 hours sleep most nights, so people might think that telling me I look tired is redundant.
There are definitely exceptions, like if you're in healthcare (guessing from the lack of sleep), it seems like makeup isn't a thing for most nurses and some doctors.

Healthcare is pretty heavily female, but I don't think that's why, because other female industries like teaching and publishing aren't shy about makeup. It seems like a utilitarian thing like scrubs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Well, I essentially see it as a similar thing to a man showing up to work having not shaved, or ceasing to shave for a while. Makeup in Western society is seen as something women do as a grooming standard, and failing in grooming standards is a sign that something can be wrong.

I think you could make an argument about it being hosed up that society's expectation of women includes that they wear makeup to not look slovenly, I guess, but men get the same thing for not shaving or not combing their hair. Shaving and combing your hair are a lot less effort than makeup, but they still fit into the 'general standard of appearance' that you're expected to live up to at most jobs.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Have you not noticed beards taking over for the last 5-10 years, and the huge trend of stubble even before that?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

Have you not noticed beards taking over for the last 5-10 years, and the huge trend of stubble even before that?

That only works when you have better facial hair than a 14 year old, but even then nobody calls it out at most jobs.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I have not, no. Though, I work in places where being clean shaven is generally accepted by the culture or by regulation, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt, I suppose.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Comparing makeup to shaving just shows you know nothing about the costs or time or effort that go into socially acceptable levels of makeup.

Like, it is literally a laughable comparison, like a child thinking that playing dress ups is the same as having a job.

Edit: a cursory search for 'natural makeup look' on youtube will bring up things like this, which uses sixteen different products.

Second edit: this tutorial using drugstore (cheap) makeup to create a look that is meant to look like you aren't wearing makeup uses products that altogether cost $220, and most of them come in packages of 15-25ml.

HazCat fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 10, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2013/01/no_self-respecting_woman_would.html

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

Normie are drinking
Slut whores are loving
Pop culture references with Chandler Bing
These are a few of my despised things
When the femoid is kind
The blackpill escapes my mind
When I'm feeling good
I simply remember all of my despised things
And then I'm back in my proper mood

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Pick posted:

For a moment of non-irony or wildpostin, really society needs a strong pendulum swing back towards thinking normal people look good. I mean a lot of the stuff people fuss about really shouldn't matter, and we need to get to a place where we're cool with how people really are, and stop this "I do it for ME!" stuff. We should want to be able to go to work without makeup.

it would be nice to be able to tell how attractive a person actually is without having to look closely

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

an incel posted:

If Chad's cat gives them a chance with Chad, then they will gently caress Chad's cat. Females are designed to love everything about Chad and hate everything about incels.
Humanoid Females are so degenerate that they would likely apply tuna to their vaginas in order to tempt cats to give them oral sex. Since many of their vaginas are disease-ridden however, cats would likely be repulsed regardless of the amount of tuna applied.
Think about the archetype of the crazy cat lady. What's missing from this archetype is how often she has sex with her cats.
I feel bad for all the cats in the world that have been tricked into giving roasties oral sex. It is not right.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

china bot posted:

Cat oral sex

The incel who has never touched a woman or been licked by a cat.

"Mmmm, yeah, put those sandpapery spines all over my bits" said no one ever.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Have they ever been around cats? Like a cat licking your hand is cute until they do it for two minutes and that rough tongue becomes more noticeable.

Why in the hell would a woman want that? Just what? :allbuttons:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

HazCat posted:

The incel who has never touched a woman or been licked by a cat.

"Mmmm, yeah, put those sandpapery spines all over my bits" said no one ever.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

not to mention that cats have barbed penises

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
at this point they're just writing really hosed up fanfiction

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The comparison was a social one, not one of cost or effort. I outright said in my post that, yeah, shaving and grooming standards for men are a lot less, but they do exist, and men will get pretty much the same "Are you tired, are you okay?" reactions from people if they start growing out a beard. I've gotten chewed out for showing up to work unshaved. You could make the argument that grooming standards for women including makeup is messed up, but that's the place we're at, and people showing concern over those being lapsed is natural.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pick posted:

For a moment of non-irony or wildpostin, really society needs a strong pendulum swing back towards thinking normal people look good. I mean a lot of the stuff people fuss about really shouldn't matter, and we need to get to a place where we're cool with how people really are, and stop this "I do it for ME!" stuff. We should want to be able to go to work without makeup.

lol rofl

This isn't going to happen short of a global apocalypse

Soon cosmetic surgery is going to become cheaper and more readily available (it's been getting more popular over the years at an accelerated pace). Younger and younger people get all sorts of surgeries now, just to look prettier. Cosmetics industry is constantly growing bigger.

Imagine if cosmetic surgery didn't require surgery and all you needed was a home appliance to get fuller lips or get rid of wrinkles permanently. All the girls would jump on that poo poo

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I don't see that happening or being a bad thing.

Japan is the way you think it is because people work like 11 hour office days with an intransient job culture, back-ended pay for seniority so young people don't have as much financial freedom, and different cultural expectations for relationships and sex. I don't even know why you would think that women in Japan don't wear makeup, or that Japanese men are heavily into makeup unless you weren't intending to draw a comparison between the reasons and just think that not wearing makeup to work would have the same effect as a high stress urban lifestyle.

Yeah, I get that Japanese women wear makeup. I was just using Japan as a reference because afaik they are the Panda bears of the human race

Best Giraffe posted:

it would be nice to be able to tell how attractive a person actually is without having to look closely

REEEEE don't take away my pwetty fings.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

quote:

I'm too ugly to leave the house

I get looks from everyone and people sometimes laugh i loving hate that

quote:

I have no interest in going outside, unless I need to for groceries.

I just wish Universal Basic Income would start, so I really could LDAR without any lovely appointments.

quote:

I have a trust set up from when my parents died when I was 19. I sit inside all day and only leave for groceries. House is paid off. I get enough for utilities, groceries, guitar stuff etc, all from a nice monthly payment that should last me my whole life.

I hope you get universal basic income one day to live the good life brother.

quote:

i basically got the same way but let the reaction/stares from other people get to me now im a incel mentalcel with anxiety and depression i have to take meds and only leave the house for necessities poo poo is just a downward spiral

quote:

Where a hoodie, hat, and large headphones when you go out. Also look down/lower your gaze when your walking. Blast music so you are not aware of your surroundings. This works really well for me, the ultimate introvert incel look

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

quote:

Caught two Fly's loving in my bathroom. Even the worst species on the planet have more sex than me. IT'S OVER.

quote:

When I was in the bath the other week, I watched these two Daddy Long Legs spiders. One was hiding under the sink in a big hole. The other kept crawling up, and when it would get to the top, the other would knock it down. It repeated this half a dozen times. I assume it was a male trying to woo a female. Anyway, I crushed that Incel arachnid and put it out of its misery.

quote:

tfw someone who has been alive for literal days has already lost their virginity and you're still khv

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
hahahaha ok what's the jumping the shark moment? they're clearly reaching being a parody of themselves here

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

quote:

I really dislike confident people who love themselves

And it's not loving jealousy, not like we try to make ourselves look good here. I just genuinely can't stand them or these traits in a person. To the point where they seem so unrelatable i can't empathize on some basic existential level. They seem manufactured.

quote:

gently caress KUNFIDUNT people

Confident people to me display stupidity.

They act and feel like they understand something just because they really believe it.

The people I trust most are the anxious ones because they display truth with their vulnerability.

Unless you know everything, you have no room for confidence

How is an Incel Supposed to Muster Confidence When There are Practically No Positive Life Experiences to Draw From?

Normies wouldn't be confident either if they spent their whole lives being mocked, ridiculed, humiliated, or ignored, and as the odd one out of EVERYTHING

They don't get it. When you're so ugly that you've been humiliated and excluded from everything in your life, it's hard to just gain confidence and become normal.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

quote:

It's amazing how many chances I could have had to get laid or meet people, but they were ruined because of my appearance.

Many scenarios where if I was a Chad, I could have gotten laid.

Like one where a decently attractive femail janitor came in to clean the mens bathroom where we two were the only ones in there. I got no eye contact because of my face and height.

Or where a femail gym worker (only one person there at 4 in the morning) came in the locker to empty the coin boxes for the temporary locker. Only male models get "IOI's" in a place like that.

And of course, being in a work environment with pretty much all women. Like many people here post, the co workers always want chads and would rather take a male model with a poo poo personality. AWALT.

Or times in college and lower education where I was paired with femails for project. One time, the girls just stayed away from me and talked in a foreign language. That was pretty bad in general.

Lots of times where I happened to be able to have a slight convo with a femail out of coincidence. The difference is that ALL my chances have been spoiled because of face and height. If you're a Chad, femails will do anything to have you. Especially in the above scenarios.

"A woman who is bound by professional courtesy is alone with me in an enclosed space, this is my chance!"

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Shanghaied posted:

"A woman who is bound by professional courtesy is alone with me in an enclosed space, this is my chance!"

Why won't female cleaners look at me in toilets/locker rooms. Must be because I'm not Chad. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Supercondescending posted:

I mean, I'm really picky too. Like REALLY picky. Like to the point where it should probably be mocked on the internet. I still managed to get exactly what I wanted in a partner by developing a personality. It really is just these dudes being utterly confounded by the concept of social skills.

It's tricky. The problem with social skills is that they're a motte-and-bailey; there's the very basics of getting on with people, which is what most people will refer to if you talk about social skills (and certainly what most schools, etc. will focus on); plus the "Dark Side" of actually getting what you want in an acceptable way, which most discussions of social skills gloss over because of the risk-taking involved. The upshot is that there are a fair number of nerdy men (and maybe non-nerds and women too, I just go by who I've been around ;) ) who have a lot of social contact but have to compromise for it - or feel they have to do so - much more often than others in the group.

Some people are ok with that compromise, but some aren't - especially if others are telling them it shouldn't be necessary - and this ends up with a growing frustration which eventually ends with even the basic "get-on-with-people" social skills being abandoned because "they aren't working".

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SaltyJesus posted:

hahahaha ok what's the jumping the shark moment? they're clearly reaching being a parody of themselves here

My hay fever's acting up, loving CHAD plants cucking my sinuses while all the Satacies are crying out for his stamen woe is me

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Shanghaied posted:

"Brazzers is a documentary" - /r/incels

Also, what's an IOI?

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Guy Mann posted:

My hay fever's acting up, loving CHAD plants cucking my sinuses while all the Satacies are crying out for his stamen woe is me

Bigdick Chad Sauron and Stacy Entwives cucking the poor Incel Ents :(

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

100% of their understanding of how things work is porn and there isnt a vibrant and healthy porn scene for 18 hour videos of people interacting and getting to know each other in a variety of settings before a short for porn mutually pleasurable gently caress sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

lol rofl

This isn't going to happen short of a global apocalypse

Soon cosmetic surgery is going to become cheaper and more readily available (it's been getting more popular over the years at an accelerated pace). Younger and younger people get all sorts of surgeries now, just to look prettier. Cosmetics industry is constantly growing bigger.

Imagine if cosmetic surgery didn't require surgery and all you needed was a home appliance to get fuller lips or get rid of wrinkles permanently. All the girls would jump on that poo poo

I've had plastic surgery, multiple times.

• Locked thread