Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Bobstar posted:

We all love heat pump chat, so this article (Electric boilers: a green alternative to heat pumps that no one is talking about) set off my UKMT-sense.

It's basically arguing that for smaller properties, or where it's hard to install the outside units for a heat pump, a straightforward electric boiler might make more sense. Which is fine, except that the per-joule price of doing that is like 3-4x the gas price - which the article handwaves away by saying yes electricity is expensive now, but it might not be in the future thanks to falling renewable costs.

I don't know, just seems silly to me to push these for anything but niche cases, when there's a way of getting more energy out than you put in. Surely for smaller properties, ganging together at the building or district level makes more sense.

Also enjoyed

Oh no, that will definitely make me want to triple my heating bill!

Also grumpy because we have gas-fired bathroom water, gas-fired air heating, but an electric thingy under the kitchen sink, and the latter is a massive energy guzzler even though we only use it to wash up pans and such.

I have an electric boiler in my house. It's called the kettle. Many people with large houses also have another type as well. They call them the immersion heater.
Anyone who's tried to have a quick shower using either will tell you it's impractical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

This is what I'm going to do but it pretty much doesn't exist so basically no chance of getting the rhi for it. gently caress em. Doing it anyway.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This is what I'm going to do but it pretty much doesn't exist so basically no chance of getting the rhi for it. gently caress em. Doing it anyway.

For better thermal efficiency you should ask your plumber to use molten sodium in the primary circuit.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Ok thanks for the tip, but lol I won't be using a plumber.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Benny Hill is trending on twitter
https://twitter.com/TSting18/status/1454516581116125195

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you go swimming in the sea I just wear a t shirt and cargo shorts, then I get out of the sea and sit on the promenade until I dry out.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
But then you're all salty

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Have you seen my posting? I am always salty.

Today however I am midly less salty because I went to goth weekend, although mostly only the outside bits.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 30, 2021

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Please log your incredible journey in a thread so that future generations can learn. Wish you the best of luck.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

NotJustANumber99 posted:

are we still talking about bong design

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

You know he is doing this unintentionally due to being ignored by all the rest.
No one wants to talk to the fail islanders any more.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mebh
May 10, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Grover boiler: the saga begins

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Which end do you put the cannabis in?

Asking for a friend, like....

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I guess that will need to be an extra spur off the wood burner. Still need to integrate the Tesla too

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought that was the fire at the bottom.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I thought that was the fire at the bottom.

I have actually brought in a consultant to help with this part of the design.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

fuctifino posted:

lol. Canal and River Trust. They are the organisation that maintain and control the inland waterways.

More info about continuous cruising is here https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/buy-your-boat-licence/continuous-cruising

And if you want to go down a rabbit hole, check out the prices of narrowboats. https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/

Friend of mine had a mooring at Nottingham and lived there 8 months of the year then took it down to London and back to avoid council tax each year.

My god, the maintenance on the thing is crazy if it’s your actual house, and you better be fit because those locks aren’t going to open themselves. Is my main take on them.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Does this look infected to you?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Boris is the prime minister we deserve. He hates it, we hate it.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I wasn’t aware that everyone’s favourite columnist was in fact an award-winning author

https://twitter.com/dunntweetin/status/1454368097410985986?s=21

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah are you sure that's not a western diamondback or some kind of cobra, sounds more like a western diamondback or some kind of cobra

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Guavanaut posted:

UKMT November 2021 -

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

There are some bad sex winners that make me think the author never had sex. This one makes me think Giles has never read a book.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's the worst of all possible combinations, he had sex with a book.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ThomasPaine posted:

Afaict the whole detector van thing is garbage smoke and mirrors. I read something about them being able to pick up emissions from old CRT TVs, which I'm still sceptical about but in any case who cares, no-one uses CRTs in 2021.

From way way back (slowly catching up on the thread after being hella sick and still kinda sick lol) but this just makes me imagine the bods going round people's houses are just constantly going "Yeah, no, it's another retro gaming purist. Got a SNES and a Mega Drive hooked up to the thing."

Also lol that alongside ARE BLOO PASSPORTS and ARE BUTLINS or whatever they've also brought back ARE RAW SEWAGE WATERWAYS AND BEACHES.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Oh God! Oh God!

Sex scenes by male authors are all women doing 'low moans' and 'arching backs'.
Why doesn't anyone ever write about the thigh cramps? (A far more likely source of the cries of 'ecstasy' and the 'oh gods')

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
She moaned in ecstasy as his member flew off and whirred around the room like one of those air hog toy planes that you fill up with a balloon pump. "This is the most sex!" he shouted as it swung around and hit him in the back of the head and sprayed confetti everywhere. He had done a sex and would now write about it in his column in The Observer. Which is what The Guardian is called on Sundays. Her ankles ached or something idk.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Oh God! Oh God!

Sex scenes by male authors are all women doing 'low moans' and 'arching backs'.
Why doesn't anyone ever write about the thigh cramps? (A far more likely source of the cries of 'ecstasy' and the 'oh gods')

That would imply a man ever asked a woman what they thought about sex.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The low post-coital moan when your partner realises it was his pillow you popped under your bum for support because you pulled a muscle in your back unloading the washing machine three days ago, and now he's got bumsweat face.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Uhm

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1454606621548720130

https://twitter.com/benjarom3/status/1454523006471090176

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 31, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Please remember to turn your clocks back tonight, and also please remember that my "please remember to turn your clocks back tonight and also "The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha has never been proven to be a keystone in an international noncing ring and also turn back your clocks tonight" t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered..." t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The worst and yet somehow best I've ever heard was "her labia unfurled majestically" which if i remember rightly was from an erotica writing forum trying to come up with the absolute worst possible phrasing.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Noxville posted:

I wasn’t aware that everyone’s favourite columnist was in fact an award-winning author

if anyone else had written this I'd be convinced it was deliberately bad in order to win the prize

with GC though, I don't think he's got enough self-awareness for that, I'm sure he genuinely thinks it's good

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Noxville posted:

what, and i can't stress this enough, the gently caress

the mental image of a dick that's "leaping around like a shower dropped in an empty bath" will stay with me for life, seared into my brain. thank you thread, thank you very much :mad:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Endjinneer posted:

For better thermal efficiency you should ask your plumber to use molten sodium in the primary circuit.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

But then you're all salty

I enjoyed these together, and I'm ignoring the rest because thread too horny

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

nurmie posted:

what, and i can't stress this enough, the gently caress

the mental image of a dick that's "leaping around like a shower dropped in an empty bath" will stay with me for life, seared into my brain. thank you thread, thank you very much :mad:

it's the 'rattling on her teeth' that does it for me

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Possibly another point in favour of Terry Pratchett: the closest he came to writing a sex scene was some bedsprings going gloink.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The best way to annoy Coren is to make even the slightest reference to the fact that despite being a talentless, nasty, stupid, Coke-addled hack he’s got where he is thanks to his Dad. It drives him absolutely crazy with rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alctel posted:

it's the 'rattling on her teeth' that does it for me

Five'll get you ten that he used a dildo in the planning of that scene. I wouldn't rule out them being his teeth, either.