Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Apparently Calvin Johnson really really loves snowboarding. Which is pretty rad.

Trey Benson is inspired by Forrest Gump when he hits the second level.

Several rookies 'look the part' despite it being 'early days'. Some others are 'taking instruction' which is 'all they need to do at this point.'

This has been your Very Important Offseason News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Play posted:

Apparently Calvin Johnson really really loves snowboarding. Which is pretty rad.

Trey Benson is inspired by Forrest Gump when he hits the second level.

Several rookies 'look the part' despite it being 'early days'. Some others are 'taking instruction' which is 'all they need to do at this point.'

This has been your Very Important Offseason News.

How many vets are ‘in the best shape of their lives’? How many coaches have ‘retooled the offense’? These are the important things we need to know in the offseason

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i am absolutely in the worst shape of my life

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

The snowboarding and skiing thread will never forget Alvin Kamara snowboarding for the first time and absolutely should have wiped out but was just so athletic he didn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCxxWt9CU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJE5L4IifUM

Instructor: use your edges!

Kamara: nah I think I'll go straight and flat the whole way down my first time and have zero issues

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 11, 2024

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Midnightghoul posted:

All this Rashee Rice stuff makes me really thankful that Toney is not doing a ton of crimes because I can't imagine what he would get up to

He'd stop ahead of the stop line.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

The snowboarding and skiing thread will never forget Alvin Kamara snowboarding for the first time and absolutely should have wiped out but was just so athletic he didn't

As an over 40 goon who was about ready to die after a day of snowboarding this winter, that video was so tilting lol.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

But that means you’re in the best football-watching shape of your life!

It’s all a matter of perspective

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I legitimately hope that Tepper’s foul stench doesn’t rub into Xavier Legette. He’s gonna be good.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Borsche69 posted:

Big same. I couldn't pass the physical for towel boy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I bet we'd all make affable coaches though!!!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
well then

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1789338190467219767

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I had 0 clue Dan Quinn is the new commanders head coach, and I live here!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Borsche69 posted:

I actually started working out pretty diligently and now am pissed at myself for waiting til I was 36 to start

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

I completely forgot too

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

I completely forgot too

I still forget most of the time they aren't the WFT anymore.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bows1 posted:

I actually started working out pretty diligently and now am pissed at myself for waiting til I was 36 to start

what got me going the first time i dropped weight was getting annoyed that i was out of breath going up and down stars at work. now that i work from home, well, "lol"

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i have, on the other hand, finally grown a nice beard that hides my double chin very well

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lifespan posted:

I still forget most of the time they aren't the WFT anymore.

I actually don't know a single wft fan outside of some cousins and I've lived 30 minutes from DC for 40 years. I'm sure they're around but the Ravens have done a pretty good job of taking over this area.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

I actually don't know a single wft fan outside of some cousins and I've lived 30 minutes from DC for 40 years. I'm sure they're around but the Ravens have done a pretty good job of taking over this area.

i was in the wendys drive thru down here in st marys county and the manager was apparently a skins fan. the girl working the cashier mustve seen my hat and flagged him over and he gave me some light hearted poo poo about how this is skins country and how i should get my rear end back up north to baltimore. it was literally the first time i encountered anything like that in the near decade of being around here lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bars down here are still mostly dominated by washington teams but the ravens have made insane inroads since like 2010. a lot of them are basically half and half now.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Come to think of it I did see one in Costco a few years ago that was complaining about the "Commies" nickname.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Even more amazing that Zimmer is back as the Dallas Dcoordinator.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers have a big fat kicker. lol fatty

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Please do not speak ill of the Big Beautiful Kicker.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

bows1 posted:

The good news, you can still get pretty drat strong. The bad news, keep an eye on that shoulder mobility.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Dave posted:

The good news, you can still get pretty drat strong. The bad news, keep an eye on that shoulder mobility.

Getting into lifting again actually made huge progress on improving my left shoulder stability. Prior to that, for the past several years I've had it weirdly "catch" when I extend or flex it. No more of that!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Turning a big dial marked racism and etc etc

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Freaquency posted:

Turning a big dial marked racism and etc etc

Lions: Restore the Roar

WFT: Recur the Slur

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Getting into lifting again actually made huge progress on improving my left shoulder stability. Prior to that, for the past several years I've had it weirdly "catch" when I extend or flex it. No more of that!

I gained some pretty good functional strength in general in my early 40s like 2 years ago when I was semi serious about it (no meal plans or protein shakes or whatever). I have since reverted to my old habits of doing as little moving as possible.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I legitimately hope that Tepper’s foul stench doesn’t rub into Xavier Legette. He’s gonna be good.

Same. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The Dave posted:

My shoulder hand mobility is poo poo and I need to do cross arm front squats. However I’m over 1000 lbs big three and that feels good. Losing 2 notches on your belt while not losing a lb but gaining weight it weird but good.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Makes me wonder if another name change is in the works, such as Washington Warriors?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I bet we'd all make affable coaches though!!!

im gonna place myself somewhere between brian callahan and sean mcvay on the nfl coach fitness scale (tm)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Washington Timecops.

Get JCVD and Mia Sara to show up to the renaming ceremony.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Makes me wonder if another name change is in the works, such as Washington Warriors?

Supposedly they are rebranding again, so I have no idea why they'd put out new Commanders merch

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

LiquidFriend posted:

Please do not speak ill of the Big Beautiful Kicker.

I miss my BBK. Gonna rock the Seabass jersey forever

Play
Apr 25, 2006

randy bullock is the only bbk in my heart

plus his name is the perfect oxymoron

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grozz Nuy posted:

Supposedly they are rebranding again, so I have no idea why they'd put out new Commanders merch

Wasn't Redwolves the most liked at the time?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Wasn't Redwolves the most liked at the time?

that's so rad, id be way down for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Red Hogs was up there which hell yeah