Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
I vote we pass a law that once these fuckers die we can keep their brains for scientific experiments because there's no way they're loving right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

It isn't real unless it's on TD's front page.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

*Ron Howard voice* He was completely aware

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
If drudge reports this does this means things matter now?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

November 6, 2018 is The Mattering.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Barron is the leaker.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
after putzing around all day on vacation occasionally checking in on the thread on my phone I went to play some Dead Cells and come back to THEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEMAAAAAIIIIILLLLLLLLLL, loving fantastic. everything is on fire, glorious, glorious fire

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I think this is a big deal for "mattering" because the claim is that trump himself is too strong and powerful for man's law but his family and the people that run his businesses are still able to just go to regular jail.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i mean, i dunno what else you say

like, try to think of a better one. the only reason the email doesn't say they barely know the guy is that his name is literally donald trump jr.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/884591333171744768

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

it's a top 3 media publisher in the country because olds never updated their homepage.

poo poo loads of bubble'd trump voters are going to see this tomorrow.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I am honestly still unclear what DJ JR did .

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

evilweasel posted:

i mean, i dunno what else you say

like, try to think of a better one. the only reason the email doesn't say they barely know the guy is that his name is literally donald trump jr.

I don't think he was obligated to respond - so quickly or even at all

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The amusing thing about the Drudge home page is that clicking "THE EMAIL" takes you straight to the NYTimes article.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

got told in an email "hey the russian govt has some dirt on HRC, wanna hear it" and went "sure" but then in the meeting it turns out the russians were just trying to get commitments to repeal sanctions so he was like "pfft this is BORING if you're not gonna collude with me im outta here"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

im going to be honest i thought they were all idiots but not idiot enough to write it down in an email that was shared with at least four people. assuming don jr. isn't one of the sources, which i suppose isn't guaranteed.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

im in a coen brothers movie

https://twitter.com/JoshSchwerin/status/884595150810484741

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/884598456286949376

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ague Proof posted:

I would like it to be said that I never not for one moment doubted the Piss Tape.
I don't think Trump paid Russian prostitutes to piss on a bed.

Trump didn't pay for anything, those lovely ladies, and believe me they do have some lovely ladies in Eastern Europe, acted on their own accord.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this might be worse than mycrimes.txt

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Edit: beaten seriously They are 100% idiots: https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshSchwerin/status/884595150810484741

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Hollismason posted:

In march he claimed there was no collusion or contact of the campaign with Russia

On Saturday he admitted to contact with a Russian but it was about adoption

Then he admitted to taking the meeting with no idea of who it was with or why

Then he admitted to the person wanting to discuss dirt on the DNC and HRCs campaign but said he left when he realized what was going on

Now there is evidence that the Russian that brokered the meeting sent him an email the day prior outlining the point of the meeting, to discuss dirt that a Russian had on HRC and the campaign

Someone correct me

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is it really collusion if they simply met with them ?

That will be the talking point.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

The amusing thing about the Drudge home page is that clicking "THE EMAIL" takes you straight to the NYTimes article.

First, there were her Emails.

But now, there is only The Email.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Directly colluded with the Russian goverment in order to get damaging info about Hillary Clinton

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Despera posted:

Directly colluded with the Russian goverment in order to get damaging info about Hillary Clinton

His main defense is, "well yeah I went but nothing came of it so I'm guilt free right?"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

skylined! posted:

In march he claimed there was no collusion or contact of the campaign with Russia

Then he admitted to the person wanting to discuss dirt on the DNC and HRCs campaign but said he left when he realized what was going on

Now there is evidence that the Russian that brokered the meeting sent him an email the day prior outlining the point of the meeting, to discuss dirt that a Russian had on HRC and the campaign

Someone correct me

the russian they sent is barred from entering the united states and was only allowed in in the interests of justice to assist the defense in another case involving russian sanctions

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Y'all should check out Fox News

Hannity has been going apeshit

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, it'll be something along the lines of "well, he didn't order them to dig up dirt on Clinton, right? They did it on their own and offered the info afterwards. So it's not really collusion."

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Hollismason posted:

ianal but conspiracy doesn't have to be successful

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Y'all should check out Fox News

Hannity has been going apeshit

This was pre recorded before the email

Spiffster posted:

His main defense is, "well yeah I went but nothing came of it so I'm guilt free right?"

So why didn't you tell the authorities what the Russians told you?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Stupid Watergate

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/884598258051538945

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Even if you trust Donald Trump Jr that nothing came to it he still tried to get this information

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
One day, half of the audience will walk out after watching Kushner's actor hold briefcase marked 'CORRUPTION MONEY' while laughing diabolically outside 666 Fifth Avenue.

The other half will walk out when Rob Goldstone is introduced.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/bensasse/status/884216455004266496

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/884416372737953793

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

NO!

That can't be real.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

skylined! posted:

Someone correct me

From the NYT article:

"Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy"

As in, The Russians told him they were directly involved in trying to get Trump elected. Not that they had some info probably should be made public, or that they were concerned about Hillary being corrupt and wanted to help out 'ol USA by handing the info over.

Russia wanted to directly interfere in the election and Trump Jr. decided that would be a good meeting to go to, not only without informing the State dept, but denying it and trying to keep it secret afterwards.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

evilweasel posted:

this might be worse than mycrimes.txt

Nah, MyCrimes.txt was unbeatable, especially since it also include Mike_Rimes_Fake_Passport.pdf

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

The constant, pathological lying doesn't do then any favors and is actually a crime itself too sometimes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stupid Watergate
This is like if Watergate happened today and G. Gordon Liddy checked in at the Watergate online the night of the burglary

• Locked thread