Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

There's also the folks who really want to be cowboys outdoorsmen. And they will definitely do real outdoors activities in their F-150s once they leave the office, honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Freezer posted:

Happy all time high everyone!

I'm gonna need for this number to go down a bit

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
PTON ded

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

golden bubble posted:

There's also the folks who really want to be cowboys outdoorsmen. And they will definitely do real outdoors activities in their F-150s once they leave the office, honest.

Eh, I dunno. I think the overlap is close enough it might as well be a rounding error. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ford sells something close to a million pickup trucks a year

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

BlackMK4 posted:

at fully sikk margins

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

BlackMK4 posted:

See now I'm not sure which side you're arguing. :v:

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Hoodwinker posted:

The kind of person stupid enough to do this is also the kind of person who doesn't know when to stop. I eagerly await their inevitable fall from grace and being promoted to a WSB mod.

Kal Torak posted:

That call is trading for $34 so his 4.2M is now 1.4M.
lmao

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I'm gonna need for this number to go down a bit

No. You had your chance to click the button.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Granted I know very little about investing, but is it just a thing you should know to take your profits after it rockets up 20% the second day, but not the first?

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

mobby_6kl posted:

No. You had your chance to click the button.

As long as the money is being printed, keep pressing.

The cure for this virus is a printer.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200205005914/en/Cortexyme-Announces-125-Million-Private-Placement

Relevant to any CRTX holders

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

On the one hand, diluting my position.

On the other, hey we should be back up to $50?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Kal Torak posted:

The best part is that he sold a small amount, only so that he had exactly 420 calls

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

odiv posted:

Granted I know very little about investing, but is it just a thing you should know to take your profits after it rockets up 20% the second day, but not the first?

Take profits when they exceed your target. If you wouldn't buy more stocks today, right now, at the current price, then do not continue to hold onto them.

Options are either funny who-cares about the consequences gambles or very, very specific targets with no wiggle room. Because of theta decay, you don't wanna keep on holding onto options especially if they're ITM by a good buffer.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Logically the target would have probably been somewhere south of $1M though, right? Just seems like the same thinking that says to sell at $4M sells way way before that point.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The problem is that most options' price movement happens after-hours anyways, and since he had no target he apparently held onto them and lost $3m for it the next day. Take profits, my guys. Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, no argument here about taking profits, just seemed like the hold after the initial 20% day would have been just as risky so might as well take profits then.

Edit: Looks like I just basically just repeated myself for no reason, sorry. Anyway, this kind of bet isn't something I'm going to have to worry about, so it's all theoretical to me anyway.

Looks like the Canadian pipeline marches ahead so investors here are getting optimistic about oil stocks again. I don't go so far as to pick "ethical" ETFs, but I think I'd feel better about myself avoiding oil stocks on an individual basis.

odiv fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 6, 2020

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Watch TSLA gain like $90 tomorrow and he gets back up to like $3 million and still doesn't cash out with the "could live a lavish life forever with no worries or job" money

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

BlackMK4 posted:

According to my valuation based off of a competing car manufacturer (TSLA), this means Ford should have a market cap of around $7.9 trillion; give or take a couple hundred billion.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just don't know of any car stock that has ever been so hopeful (price-wise). I truly don't understand TSLA and at this point would only trade on it for meme fun.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Toxic Mental posted:

Watch TSLA gain like $90 tomorrow and he gets back up to like $3 million and still doesn't cash out with the "could live a lavish life forever with no worries or job" money

The"best" part is he did this with his roth, so it'd be quite the retirement.

I realize he could early withdraw

Kal Torak
Jul 17, 2003

When Giles sends me on a mission, he says "please". And afterwards I get a cookie.

paternity suitor posted:

The best part is that he sold a small amount, only so that he had exactly 420 calls

ha, i didn't even make that connection.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Can a virus survive on the moon?

China to halve tariffs on hundreds goods

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

China is playing an awful lot of strong cards over a virus that’s completely under control.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

jokes posted:

China is playing an awful lot of strong cards over a virus that’s completely under control.

https://twitter.com/CGrantWSJ/status/1225171907630260229?s=20

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

Sanders Iowa is trading below $0.30 on predictit, BTFD

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What is that? Some gambling thing?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

Skill game

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

John F Bennett posted:

PredictIt, AKA the place to go if you want to increase your money by like 25% by just betting that Bloomberg will never win anything ever

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Casper IPOed today. Considering how much money they lose on returns and the growth of cheaper alternatives, I’m not sure there’s much growth there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Josh Lyman posted:

On the one hand, diluting my position.

On the other, hey we should be back up to $50?

So conservative!

(again though, the $15 to $150 span that it's going to spend in the next 22 months is all noise and anyone playing it will be Shot. Crtx to 1,750 baby)

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Well I missed on my Intelsat options by being in transit. Had gone up 350% at one point before crashing back down. Just going to sit and wait to see what the actual FCC news is on the auction...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Intelsat on a wild ride today.

^lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

movax posted:

Well I missed on my Intelsat options by being in transit. Had gone up 350% at one point before crashing back down. Just going to sit and wait to see what the actual FCC news is on the auction...

It looks like most investors don't think its going to be enough to save them.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Kal Torak posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ezwbve/reports_of_my_death_have_been_greatly_exaggerated/

Looks like he sold and got puts

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
I was wrong about the TSLA crash being fast.

I would like to say today's a dead cat bounce but I honestly can see idiots bidding it up again.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

haha, alright fakepost!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

I was wrong about the TSLA crash being fast.

I would like to say today's a dead cat bounce but I honestly can see idiots bidding it up again.

Let them bid it up slowly. Maybe put premiums will become more manageable.

I bought a few 2/14 QQQ $230 puts in case the post-impeachment euphoria wears off next week and/or the extent and lethality of the coronavirus becomes more of a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

Alright, this has gotta be a hoax now.