Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Stain... really was the coolest guy!!

I hate you for this reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Feliday Melody posted:

Is the purple acid elf girl a reference to some Japanese mythological creature or just a unique design?

Why can’t Pinkie just be Pink?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Official translation is out

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-326/chapter/23212?action=read

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mina is an Alien Queen.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Why can’t Pinkie just be Pink?

She looks so specific. Like she's supposed to be something and I don't know what.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So that lady's quirk, dango? Snowballs?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Goddamn, Stain is such a good character.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I really wonder how Deku is going to react to All Might telling him that Stain gave him a pep talk. :v:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Well this tournament ended probably in the best way I could have imagined.

Meanwhile I'm liking the Red Ring Riot character. He's nice!

:3:

I have no idea what I was expecting.

Joker villain reveal. Consider me hyped.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Feliday Melody posted:

Meanwhile I'm liking the Red Ring Riot character. He's nice!

MHA has my favorite cast of background characters. They're genuinely good people and want to support each other.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Stain kicks rear end?? That was an excellent chapter

Now that the rains are letting up I wonder what’s next

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stain sucks

He can throw a bunch of good points out if he wants, he still smells

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Stain sucks

Oh yeah he's a huge piece of poo poo, but he has points that need to be said.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Shinjobi posted:

Stain sucks

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

Joker villain reveal. Consider me hyped.

We live in a hero society.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone photoshop a long tongue on that man

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shinjobi posted:

Stain sucks

I don't think he does though. 'cause he's got no nose.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the hero killer stain. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ingenium had it coming imo

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I love this panel. Dude is out of his loving gourd.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Love that when he isn't a murdering shitstain, he's an obnoxious lunatic.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Stain is absolutely bananas and even if he did give All Might a pep talk, I hope Iida kicks his entire face in.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh yeah he's a huge piece of poo poo, but he has points that need to be said.

Stain's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 18, 2021

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is Stain's standard for heroics still "you must live as a naked ascetic atop a pillar when not saving people"?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Stain lives half naked in a barrel and dispenses wisdom, he is Diogenes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Is Stain's standard for heroics still "you must live as a naked ascetic atop a pillar when not saving people"?

Yes.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Heroics as a lifestyle: Great
Heroics as a hobby: Okay
Heroics as a job: Fine
Heroics as a career: gently caress you
Heroics as Celebrity: That's a stabbin'
Heroics as multi-generational wealth: Fuckin' Die!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Stain killed 40 heroes, which is bad, but he's also encouraging All-Might to take down the perfidious Hero-Killer and giving him information to do it.

In conclusion, Stain is a land of contrasts.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

That videogame hand villain at the end of season 1 pointed out how heroes get to use absurd amounts of violence against people once they were flagged as criminals and that all this violence was then seen as heroic even though in the long run it just leads to more violence. That heroes were basically just another violent arm of the government.

And he sort of had a point. Then it was time for Allmights rebuttal and I expected something encouraging and deep that made sense. But he just went "lol you're a criminal. Anything you say is poppycock" and then considered to violence himself some criminals.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dolash posted:

Stain killed 40 heroes, which is bad, but he's also encouraging All-Might to take down the perfidious Hero-Killer and giving him information to do it.

In conclusion, Stain is a land of contrasts.
stain may kill a lot of people, but he also looks like a ninja turtle, so, it;s impossible to say if he's bad or not,

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I mean Shigaraki (the video game hand villain) is correct that heroes are just another branch of law enforcement with all of the unfortunate implications of that, but also it's really hard to take Shigaraki's opinion on that seriously when he wants to disintegrate everything and everyone he doesn't like, and he likes very few things. Like, Shigaraki's stance is "I don't think it's right for you to beat me up. Also I want to turn you and all of these children into a puddle of blood and viscera." All Might doesn't have a deep philosophical response to this because it doesn't need one - it's absurd on its face.

You could definitely have a real conversation about heroes as government thugs with a license to beat the poo poo out of anyone they deem to be a criminal, but Shigaraki wouldn't be part of the conversation because he doesn't have a moral objection to it, he just doesn't personally want to get beaten up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

About 90% of the things that come out of Shigaraki's mouth are complete nonsense. The other 10% are weird video game analogies.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Funky Valentine posted:

stain may kill a lot of people, but he also looks like a ninja turtle, so, it;s impossible to say if he's bad or not,

he's cool but rude

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

CuwiKhons posted:

I mean Shigaraki (the video game hand villain) is correct that heroes are just another branch of law enforcement with all of the unfortunate implications of that, but also it's really hard to take Shigaraki's opinion on that seriously when he wants to disintegrate everything and everyone he doesn't like, and he likes very few things. Like, Shigaraki's stance is "I don't think it's right for you to beat me up. Also I want to turn you and all of these children into a puddle of blood and viscera." All Might doesn't have a deep philosophical response to this because it doesn't need one - it's absurd on its face.

You could definitely have a real conversation about heroes as government thugs with a license to beat the poo poo out of anyone they deem to be a criminal, but Shigaraki wouldn't be part of the conversation because he doesn't have a moral objection to it, he just doesn't personally want to get beaten up.

Yeah, I think it would have been interesting if All Might in his prime encountered Stain because obviously Stain does have a moral objection to the status quo in his philosophy. He's insane, but there's a good faith belief in what he's peddling that just isn't there when Shigraki rambles off a rehearsed speech at the USJ.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

CuwiKhons posted:

Nah Shiggy does have a moral objection to it, it's just mostly vestigial with how far off the deep end he's gone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

That videogame hand villain at the end of season 1 pointed out how heroes get to use absurd amounts of violence against people once they were flagged as criminals and that all this violence was then seen as heroic even though in the long run it just leads to more violence. That heroes were basically just another violent arm of the government.

And he sort of had a point. Then it was time for Allmights rebuttal and I expected something encouraging and deep that made sense. But he just went "lol you're a criminal. Anything you say is poppycock" and then considered to violence himself some criminals.

I mean, All Might is on a time crunch and the guy in question decided to murder some kids that day because lmao.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Staltran posted:

Nah Shiggy does have a moral objection to it, it's just mostly vestigial with how far off the deep end he's gone.

I think at that point, Shiggy had no moral objection, at least no conscious one. That's part of why he was such a scrub back then.

It was only after being forced to actually think about things that he got something in the way of an objection he could believe in. And in shonen, belief and power are often directly correlated.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I mean, All Might is on a time crunch and the guy in question decided to murder some kids that day because lmao.

So much for the tolerant hero :smug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
All Might: RARG TEENAGERS DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE HUMANS NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO DECAY MILLIONS HURRRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Attempted disintegration", now honestly what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for "Attempted" Chemistry, do they?