Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Runts are a good candy I like the red and pink ones

Unlike the far inferior skittles the different colors have distinct flavors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There are two kinds of runts: bananas and filler

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Found a new one: don't write a sex scene, because fictional people can't consent.

https://twitter.com/Swilua/status/1711521001496842275?s=20

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hell yeah

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
They're absolutely right and it makes me sick that you people don't recognise the lived experience and trauma of marginalised, fictionalised communities

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Found a new one: don't write a sex scene, because fictional people can't consent.

https://twitter.com/Swilua/status/1711521001496842275?s=20

it owns that the internet is giving people moral scrupulosity OCD

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining fictional characters kissing in your head is violence

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sending apology DMs to everyone I've ever dreamt about sexually

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
like, having your brain involuntarily generate tiny worries and thoughts like that all the time to obsess over is so awful and there are entire communities training themselves to do so on purpose lol. we live in an incredible time

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Sending apology DMs to everyone I've ever dreamt about sexually

Please stop spamming my inbox.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/teortaxesTex/status/1711151709685166543?t=sCCLv4nd0ulH87ZHml2a-w&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Elissimpark posted:

Please stop spamming my inbox.

sorry i fuckd up!!!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Anyone who disagrees with me is a caricature. Unlike me, an adult who still believes in the concept of good guys and bad guys.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

fdr is the japanese internment guy... problematic.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I know it's FDR but every single time I see that picture it's just Eustace Bagg from Courage the Cowardly Dog

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

lobster shirt posted:

fdr is the japanese internment guy... problematic.

Dang didn't know there was a Japanese president

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

like, having your brain involuntarily generate tiny worries and thoughts like that all the time to obsess over is so awful and there are entire communities training themselves to do so on purpose lol. we live in an incredible time

I would like to live in a credible time

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I'm not sure withdrawing before the war is even over is a win. In fact:

US participation in the Vietnam War: 2943 days
South Vietnamese participation in the war: 7851 days

In conclusion, South Vietnam was 2.67 times more durable militarily than the US.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lolling at including korea, a still technically ongoing war

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Revolutionary War wasn't an American victory then since it just ended in a British withdrawal from a territory they no longer benefited from, and not a surrender of the entire British military, the abdication of King George, and a Continental Army occupation of London

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
lol the brits won the american revolution then. Yes sir cup o tea cheerio

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Tsitsikovas posted:

lol the brits won the american revolution then. Yes sir cup o tea cheerio

They did because it was a war between 2 groups of British people

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
the anglo-american hegemony's internal dispute ended in status quo

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
We are so close to having a flat-earther elected into federal office. Its gonna happen.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1715871110309265452?s=20

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
good

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Philosophers killed God once and we'll do it again

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I also do not feel like I am moving when in a passenger jet going 600 mph so physics is fake and god will send me to hell for smoking cock

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Just creating and destroying god over and over again in something the internet calls a "power move"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/docsquiddy/status/1716679430217580782?t=pvOAylXDOZeYhB_IC1zQYQ&s=19

"planned obsolescence is your fault for not spending enough"

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
gently caress him

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Ray tracing is dumb

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

this one later in the thread is worse imo

https://x.com/docsquiddy/status/1716706550767579578?s=20

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
are they branding this an AAAAA title this time after the AAAA Calisto shipwreck

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I don't think we're on the part of the curve with GPUs where the obsolescence is mostly planned. Soon, but not yet.

The difference between 500 cores and 16000 cores is significant.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh, now nerds are pretending to know a thing about core strength

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

graphics cards aren't the problem, it's just that we've hit diminishing returns for graphics but it's the only real selling point for AAA games since artistry, interesting game design, and fun ideas are all too risky to spend millions of dollars on

the solution, as always, is communism

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dx11 with leninist characteristics

five year crunch plans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

tokin opposition posted:

graphics cards aren't the problem, it's just that we've hit diminishing returns for graphics but it's the only real selling point for AAA games since artistry, interesting game design, and fun ideas are all too risky to spend millions of dollars on

the solution, as always, is communism

Yeah the computer game graphics arms race has been a thing for a long time and it sucks massively. The games keep getting worse, but at least you can see a real time reflection on a wet surface sometimes! Of course the environments will all have to be extremely small with disguised loading screens every two meters.