Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Slavvy posted:

At least harley's two button system is intuitive after the first use. Bmw's three button system was dreamt up by a methed-out nazi, I'm certain of it.

three buttons??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

right arm posted:

three buttons??

WTAF?

What is this poo poo slavvy? Got a pic and explanation???

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Steakandchips posted:

WTAF?

What is this poo poo slavvy? Got a pic and explanation???

left right and cancel

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Stolen from the Schadenfreude thread:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Greg12 posted:

left right and cancel

lol wild. when I rode my dad's GS I must have just not used them like the typical bmw driver :D

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deeters posted:

And we'll never know if his headache was from the bonk or the monoxide posioning

mewse
May 2, 2006

Deeters posted:

drat.. bad rear end...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Greg12 posted:

I need an oldwing so that I have something to play my twenty-five-year-old mix tapes on.

Buddy.......

https://i.imgur.com/5e2epdu.mp4

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh sweet I forgot about the tape aux cable option. Perfect for pumping limp bizkit remixes through your oldwing sound system to complete the "I have zero taste or shame" package.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

HD should make a low cost single bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wtf. Imgur removes the sound from videos? That ones way better with sound :smith:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PeterCat posted:

HD should make a low cost single bike.

I'm 'more fun than I ever had before' tag yourself.

Also yeah they had an electric equivalent lined up and it's dead now afaik.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

I'm 'more fun than I ever had before' tag yourself.

Also yeah they had an electric equivalent lined up and it's dead now afaik.

ideal for riding to factory

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wtf. Imgur removes the sound from videos? That ones way better with sound :smith:
I mean it shouldn't, but who knows.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I need that in my life.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://youtu.be/yZYZp7JDPWo

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 12, 2021

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I was expecting a rickroll

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Jazzzzz posted:

Pssh. Self canceling signals. If you're not stabbing at your turn signal button 15 times after completing a turn, why are you even riding?

i feel extremely seen right now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’d feel seen if I wasn’t already too busy constantly checking for a 7th gear

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

If I had bought the $400 oldwing I saw on FB marketplace last week I would order one of these.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You supposed to check ✅ an option somewhere while uploading. It doesn't do it by default

Also, content

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nitrox posted:

You supposed to check ✅ an option somewhere while uploading. It doesn't do it by default

Also, content

Why should snowmobilers have all the fun?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nitrox posted:

Also, content

Quoting so it renders in awful.app

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Yes... ha ha... YES

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

loving lol

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

right arm posted:

lol wild. when I rode my dad's GS I must have just not used them like the typical bmw driver :D

nah, the newer ones use the same "standard" signal layout everyone other than HD does. your dad's GS probably has self canceling signals too

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/uncledoomer/status/1370531771947827201?s=20

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m the Buttcrack Monster

Also I’m the monster energy drink in that guys buttcrack

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This is the most american image I have ever seen.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

*America the beautiful plays softly in the distance while monsterbutt guy does a sick burnout in slow motion*

Don't know what Monster did to so deeply ingrain their awful battery acid with MoTORCYCLE CuLTURE but god has it seemed to stick. I was briefly considering a new R3 from a dealer but the only ones they seemed to have in stock were the godawful MONSTER branded fairings, which are listed at like $300 more retail :lol:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

yo that cbr looks like a minibike under that dude

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For real he’s like 7 feet tall or something.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

I'm continuing my trek through Florida, but Bike Week is the highlight of the trip.

The reason I keep going back are all the manufacturer-sponsored test rides. Sone did not show up this year for obvious reasons, but most did.

BMW took up an entire slot just to showcase one single bike: new R18

Spoiler alert, it loving sucks. It shakes from side to side like an old Harley, especially on startup. In fact the handlebars actively get ripped out of your hands at the first crank rotation, when turned just right. The suspension is stiff and has no travel. Small, intermediate bumps go straight into your spine. Seat had no room to move around, so it will become a torture device after about 30 min. And the giant speedometer has a tiny little screen at the bottom, where you can cycle through dozen of display options like mpg, clock, hours of operation, today's date, RPMs, trip odometer and ride modes. All equally important for sure. Sport mode is twitchy as gently caress, nobody in the group wanted to use it for more than a minute.

On positive note, the mid controls are comfortable, and giant cylinder heads keep your sheens nice and warm. Oh, and there is plenty of power in 3rd gear, when the computer actually let's your use it. No way to turn off any of those rider aids, not that I've seen.

BMW fully intended for this to be someone's 2nd or 3rd bike and they are spending oodles of money on promoting it. Best of luck to em.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 13, 2021

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The new Indian Chief is a gem!

It's essentially a Road King Classic, but better in every way. Power is great, torque is even better. Shifts like butter and it's surprisingly comfortable for the amount of suspension travel it was given.

In negative news, the new wonder screen needs a few patches before it hits the market. Takes like 60 seconds to start up, then wouldn't pair with my phone. Ideally it's supposed to function like Android Auto, but doesn't. The GPS/navigation function is laughably bad. Like 2007 Chrysler bad. The telemetry data logging is really nice tho. Hopefully it gets improved on.

I will probably buy one in a year or so.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nitrox posted:

new R18

Spoiler alert, it loving sucks.

Nitrox posted:

I looked at the bmw for a long time wondering "where is the rear suspension?" while admitting that it was a really good looking bike... almost.

Then I scrolled a bit more and saw the indian and it's like everything the bmw was trying to be. They look so alike visually, yet one is from bizarro land.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They're all just trying to be a Harley to me :shrug:

Also the bimmer having obnoxious handlebar shake is 100% the product of a marketing department focus grouping a bunch of Harley owners and 'identifying' that element as 'character' that they're told people 'like' so it must be engineered into the bike.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 13, 2021

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The bike I'm riding on this trip is 2010 Honda NT700, it's a good bike.

See that electrical tape on the windscreen? The screen cracked 10 minutes into the trip and it's completely broken at this point. It's a brand name used item and I just bought it last week.

See my attempt to fix it below

5020 psi JBweld and also spliced rubber houses filled with the same epoxy on the edges. Hopefully it hardens enough to stand up to highway winds for 10 hours straight tomorrow.

Not a bad way to spend a week
Philly to Key West and back to Philly in 7 days, about 2900 miles on the clock.

More random pictures here
https://imgur.com/gallery/cU61a7P

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Nitrox posted:

The bike I'm riding on this trip is 2010 Honda NT700, it's a good bike.

your bike looks so eager sitting there on its center stand

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Nitrox posted:

In negative news, the new wonder screen needs a few patches before it hits the market. Takes like 60 seconds to start up, then wouldn't pair with my phone. Ideally it's supposed to function like Android Auto, but doesn't. The GPS/navigation function is laughably bad. Like 2007 Chrysler bad.

gently caress. I was quite excited to, if I got one, ditch the TomTom, but I guess that's not on the cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Nitrox posted:

It's essentially a Road King Classic, but better in every way. Power is great, torque is even better. Shifts like butter and it's surprisingly comfortable for the amount of suspension travel it was given.

In negative news, the new wonder screen needs a few patches before it hits the market. Takes like 60 seconds to start up, then wouldn't pair with my phone. Ideally it's supposed to function like Android Auto, but doesn't. The GPS/navigation function is laughably bad. Like 2007 Chrysler bad. The telemetry data logging is really nice tho. Hopefully it gets improved on.

I will probably buy one in a year or so.

Beautiful bike, I'm going to start saving my pennies for next year.