Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

To be honest I don't want a Woolie/Matt/Liam podcast because Matt and Woolie don't have too much chemistry together and Matt never seems interested in the topics in the first place and Liam, much as I love the guy, stuck too firm to playing devils advocate at everything when he was on.

Pat/Woolie is the right choice because those guys glow together to the point I still fondly remember them bursting into song during Wonderful 101's video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chewie and Fuckface are absolutely the right choice for a podcast.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Chewie and Fuckface are absolutely the right choice for a podcast.

Definitely

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's the end of an era in a way.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
https://twitter.com/railith/status/1074344978615361537?s=21

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

I'm not shocked that people who mainly seem to be friends with Matt don't really give a poo poo about what happened to Pat

Why would they, even. I feel like a lot of the people they got to know from other channels or whatever never even really met Pat because he went to so few events with them.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

From what I'm hearing, WoolieVs was never on Matt's channel but it's not confirmed fully.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The best I can say about this is that it's better than when I woke up to find out Ryan Davis was loving dead

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Well the thumbnail for the Super Best Friend Cast just updated in my podcast app to show Castle Super Beast, which actually makes me feel a little bit better about this major bummer. I'm glad Pat and Woolie are going to continue the podcast.

I loved the three of them together, but if I had to pick two to continue the podcast alone, I would have to agree with others, Chewie and Fuckface are a strong duo -- even with Pat's abrasiveness. =D

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

slev posted:

Any friendship with pat seems like it would have a finite lifespan.

Honestly it feels more matts fault than pats, with the whole crym making snide remarks on twitter about pat trying to reconcile with liam, and matt removing woolies channel from his channels sidebar.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Maybe it's about time to make a new thread for the new podcast and let this one die with the Youtube channel.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nalesh posted:

Honestly it feels more matts fault than pats, with the whole crym making snide remarks on twitter about pat trying to reconcile with liam, and matt removing woolies channel from his channels sidebar.

The crym thing really rubs me the wrong way because Liam is a grown rear end man. He doesn't need someone butting in and talking for him when it's such a nothing tweet. If Liam had said nothing and just ignored it then just let him ignore it, there's no need to jump in when it doesn't involve you and clearly wasn't going to escalate to anything and was just a single one off "oh hey if you need help I'm free!"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Foxhound posted:

Maybe it's about time to make a new thread for the new podcast and let this one die with the Youtube channel.

Agreed. Heck, make channels for each of the guys!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Foxhound posted:

I think this thread should at least have a few days to air out all the tinfoil hats and get everything said and done. Just to avoid it creeping into the next thread(s)?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nalesh posted:

I feel bad trying to read into these things too much. It's probably silly to blame over the other because there's probably a bit of both. We've all seen how abrasive Pat can be, even if it's always in jest that probably can wear on you.

I do feel bad for Pat on the idea of him not really understanding Liam disliking him and the such.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think this thread should at least have a few days to air out all the tinfoil hats and get everything said and done. Just to avoid it creeping into the next thread(s)?

I'm not saying lock this one, just to make a new one for the new podcast.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nalesh posted:

That doesn't read as pat trying to reconcile as much as it is pat not understanding how Liam feels about him at all but thanks for trying to make this about the evil wife my duder!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That doesn't read as pat trying to reconcile as much as it is pat not understanding how Liam feels about him at all but thanks for trying to make this about the evil wife my duder!

Lol gently caress off with that self fellating poo poo we both know it had nothing to do with that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Will add that the thing that's kind of pissing me off about the Matt side of things (that doesn't deal with Matt himself) is that a lot of his supporters and followers are trying REAL hard to turn this into a "you have to pick a side" thing and being passive aggressive shitheads. The video itself was sad enough to hear but handled perfectly so I'm getting really sick of ""team matt"" taking shots going "Best wishes to Woolie/Matt/Liam! gently caress Pat!" "I hope Woolie makes the right choice and joins Matt and does a podcast with him instead" etc

Like why are you being such a colossal jackass and trying to divide the community and turn it against itself. What do you possibly have to gain. Even if you don't mean it just say "best of luck Pat" and stop trying to make a scene. The break up is hard enough on people as is, having to pick a side or god help Woolie tell him who he has to be friends with is just so scummy.

Foxhound posted:

I'm not saying lock this one, just to make a new one for the new podcast.

Oh fair enough, my bad.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I woke up with this news and had to spend the day processing it. I'd been watching their stuff since they started on Machinima (America) and while I hadn't been following a lot of their lp's up to this point, I wasn't expecting things to come to a head so suddenly. Now after catching up with the thread, I'm soured on going back and watching everything I skipped considering what seemed to be happening behind the scenes.

I'm still looking forward to what they have planned solo and need to look up Liam's channel now and see what I missed there, but I'm still holding out hope that they haven't completely Fleetwood Mac'd themselves.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think reading into it more than "Matt and Pat had irreconcilable ideas for the business and over the years that soured their relationship" is a bit weird.

If a twitter exchange was enough to blow things up, the channel wasn't gonna last much longer even if it didn't happen.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Also thinking back to when Pat popped the news that he got a new house and was hyped. Woolie was super happy for him and cheerful while Matt just did not give a gently caress.
I think the signs were always there.

I said it once but will say it again that I sincerely hope the best for Woolie. He seems like such a cool friendly dude.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Kinda like the Mythbusters guys Jamie and Adam who had a great working relationship but loving hated each other otherwise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think the biggest, boldest writing on the wall had to be the Star Trek LP. It was them in their most natural element, a lovely and buggy game that they knew the history of, with Star Trek bullshit to talk about... and they both described looking at the clock in pretty much each episode. We truly were a tiny spock looking inside of kirk's head.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

i started watching one of liam's smash stream VoDs and i forgot how pleasant he is.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Oxyclean posted:

I feel bad trying to read into these things too much. It's probably silly to blame over the other because there's probably a bit of both. We've all seen how abrasive Pat can be, even if it's always in jest that probably can wear on you.

I do feel bad for Pat on the idea of him not really understanding Liam disliking him and the such.

Yeah, Pat legitimately reaching out to Liam to offer him some help only to get the cold shoulder was a major "Oof" moment. I'm hoping for the best with Pat and Woolie's continued collaboration, but I honestly have 0 interest in following Matt or Liam's content at this point for a variety of reasons.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

doos posted:

i started watching one of liam's smash stream VoDs and i forgot how pleasant he is.

Liam's streams are pretty chill and fun to be around most of the time. Shoutouts to the TWEWY stream where me and a handful of chat got caught up on earning eggs for shady evil BIG RAMEN companies.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Really awful to hear this. Just got into them about two years ago and they've kind of filled the Freelance Astronauts 'chill and hilarious' style LP shaped hole in my heart.
Liam always seemed like a real nice dude, but I never found him that entertaining, or thought he had much 'on-screen' chemistry with the others. Still wish him the best, along with the rest of them. Woolie and Matt always were great together and here's hoping they keep collaborating, or at least remain friends.

Who knows why they broke up, and frankly who cares. Matt and Pat are adults and entitled to their personal lives. Unless it turns out that one of them did something supremely monstrous they're entitled to their privacy.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Yeah, Pat legitimately reaching out to Liam to offer him some help only to get the cold shoulder was a major "Oof" moment. I'm hoping for the best with Pat and Woolie's continued collaboration, but I honestly have 0 interest in following Matt or Liam's content at this point for a variety of reasons.

Yeah liam's lp of nier automata with woolie was good, but god drat he's not suited for solo commentary.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Even Swery noticed:

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/1074432100365885440

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I think that whatever pushed them away seems really bad and while Pat may be clueless, he had to be there for those decisions. He could have asked someone or talked about it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
gently caress. I did just realize, in addition to everything else, I suppose this makes it even more unlikely that their old Let's Watch videos and the handful of LP videos that got taken down for copyright purposes (I know some Rustlemania ones did) will ever be re-uploaded somewhere.
Unless the former is up on Dailymotion or something and I don't know.

Still kind of bummed Matt never re-upped the old [Old Cartoon] Stupidity videos. They were fantastic.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
No mention of this on Hitomi Tanaka's Twitter yet.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

To be honest I don't want a Woolie/Matt/Liam podcast because Matt and Woolie don't have too much chemistry together and Matt never seems interested in the topics in the first place and Liam, much as I love the guy, stuck too firm to playing devils advocate at everything when he was on.

Pat/Woolie is the right choice because those guys glow together to the point I still fondly remember them bursting into song during Wonderful 101's video

I know you're probably correct because I mostly watch FNF, SMS, and the odd Let's Play, and have never paid much attention to the podcast. But it feels weird to hear someone say that Matt and Woolie don't have chemistry because my introduction to the whole crew was Fighterpedia. I hope Matt and Woolie still collaborate from time to time, or at least finish the HD Fighterpedia (not that they owe me a drat thing, just wanna see it).

What sucks about this is they seemed to be a Youtube personality(ies) that was popular, justifiably so, who weren't weird bigots, or sex pests. Hell, one of 'em turned down a consensual 3 way to go play a video game he just bought! I guess that's still true, but it's not a collective anymore.

Also, it seriously seemed like Matt was barely holding it together.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Matt and Woolie have chemistry you just need to give them the right games ala Crime Time and Punisher I thought was some great Matt and Woolie good times.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the person who was asking about preferably-local other LP sources, I do them and people say they're good, I put lots of effort into them. Here's my favorite more conversational LP I've done with other people co-commentating and here's my favorite 'professional standard' LP featuring just me with lots of editing and information.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 17, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

CJacobs posted:

For the person who was asking about preferably-local other LP sources, I do them and people say they're good, I put lots of effort into them. Here's my favorite more conversational LP I've done with other people co-commentating and here's my favorite 'professional standard' LP featuring just me with lots of editing and information.

Don't watch this goober his lps are poo poo

(No actually do they're real good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Don't watch this goober his lps are poo poo

(No actually do they're real good)

Too late, I've already unsubscribed from both him and superbunnyhop.