Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

From Huey

Good on him. How many openly gay magic pro's are there? Is he the first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
same

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

That seems really brave now, considering.

I hope others aren't emboldened to gently caress with him because of the election. There's been some really toxic poo poo out of the mtg community in the past (and many others sure, but this is the mtg thread) and honestly it feels like it could go either way now, either people will see how important it is to push back on it or the dickheads will redouble their efforts and people will feel powerless to stop it.

n1tro
Dec 12, 2005

Madmarker posted:

https://twitter.com/JacobWilson95/status/795443435998093313?s=09

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

I never thought to do this.

Don't. If you want to cover up white on the border use a thin layer of acrylic paint. The marker stands out too much because it's not the same color of black and it's more glossy.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Ah cool. The number has to be much higher than 2, but good.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Huey owns.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Madmarker posted:

I believe Marshall's gay.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Rinkles posted:

Sutcliffe? I don't think so. Having spoken with him, I am pretty sure he mentioned a girlfriend in casual conversation.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

En Fuego posted:

Sutcliffe? I don't think so. Having spoken with him, I am pretty sure he mentioned a girlfriend in casual conversation.

I think that's how he refers to him/them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Rinkles posted:

I had a feeling something was up with the booth at the GP. Every time I looked at coverage I was like "This sure is a stacked group of attractiveness".

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I think that's how he refers to him/them.

any reason why? The two times I've had the pleasure of meeting Marshall, I never got that impression, but then again, I only talked to him for 15 minutes tops.

At any rate, no matter what, good on Huey for coming out. I hope he gets a ton of support from the community.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TheTofuShop posted:

any reason why? The two times I've had the pleasure of meeting Marshall, I never got that impression, but then again, I only talked to him for 15 minutes tops.

Talked about it shortly on a stream once.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Ive hung out with his girlfriend so I'm pretty sure she's a real person.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Ive hung out with his girlfriend so I'm pretty sure she's a real person.

As in he's not gay?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Can we please drop this?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I don't think it's appropriate to pry into his personal life like that. That being said: I'm gay

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah I don't think it's appropriate to pry into his personal life like that. That being said: I'm gay

I mean it's something he was openly discussing. Apologies if I somehow fundamentally misunderstood him.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
he could very well be bi, but it'd be great if maybe we don't speculate about who is and isn't homosexual unless the person in question has an open statement about it

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
How about we let folks out themselves and otherwise we don't worry about it.

Props to Huey.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
and i'm not saying marshall is bi, im just letting rinkles there know there are more options then just 2 in the world of sexuality

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I'm sexually attracted to the Paradoxical Outcome storm deck, for example.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

and i'm not saying marshall is bi, im just letting rinkles there know there are more options then just 2 in the world of sexuality

I wasn't trying to "figure out" Marshall, I wanted to make sure I wasn't misrepresenting him since I brought it up.

But enough has been said.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I, too, am a sexhaver

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Don't forget to sleeve up!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Marshall Sutcliffe's longtime girlfriend cameod on one of the limited resources episodes - either two for one or 250 or something. I believe she (or Marshall) mentioned she does alters for cards but is otherwise not really involved in MTG.

I don't think it's appropriate to pry beyond what they've brought up for public consumption on the podcast.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

whydirt posted:

Don't forget to sleeve up!

But wait, is double-sleeving good or bad?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

it can tear the sleeves

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

black potus posted:

I'm sexually attracted to the Paradoxical Outcome storm deck, for example.

Given the rate at which I pull Paradoxical Outcome out of packs I'm beginning to wonder if it's not sexually attracted to me

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
New batch of fakes are out for all our friendly chinese vendors. If you are buying or selling you need to be extra vigilant.

Notable updates.

1. All the shocks are fixed on errors. This generally doesn't mean much since shocks aren't generally super expensive but they are creeping up. Foundry is creeping up to 15 bucks.
2. Ensnaring bridge now has a stronghold printing which looks a million times better than the loving white border poo poo they had been selling. Looks nearly perfect. At 120+ a playset be wary.
3. Mishra's bauble has been mass produced. Wasn't there before.
4. Blackcleave cliffs has been greatly improved. No longer a dark card that is easy to spot.
5. The dark confidants of both mm and ravica that had the mistake with the - in the creature type is now the right length. Much harder to spot. The ravica text box looks to be the right shade of white.
6. Arcbound ravanger colors appear to be fixed. Beware of mint ones you see in the near future.
7. Ancestral vision apparently is a mythic now.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

odiv posted:

That seems really brave now, considering.

I hope others aren't emboldened to gently caress with him because of the election. There's been some really toxic poo poo out of the mtg community in the past (and many others sure, but this is the mtg thread) and honestly it feels like it could go either way now, either people will see how important it is to push back on it or the dickheads will redouble their efforts and people will feel powerless to stop it.

Have you seen him? I wouldn't want to mess with him; he's huge. And either way there's no chance WotC or the community in general accepts that kind of intolerance. I'm sure some people think less of him now and I'm pretty sure none of them are stupid enough to say anything to him.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

New batch of fakes are out for all our friendly chinese vendors. If you are buying or selling you need to be extra vigilant.

Notable updates.

1. All the shocks are fixed on errors. This generally doesn't mean much since shocks aren't generally super expensive but they are creeping up. Foundry is creeping up to 15 bucks.
2. Ensnaring bridge now has a stronghold printing which looks a million times better than the loving white border poo poo they had been selling. Looks nearly perfect. At 120+ a playset be wary.
4. Blackcleave cliffs has been greatly improved. No longer a dark card that is easy to spot.
5. The dark confidants of both mm and ravica that had the mistake with the - in the creature type is now the right length. Much harder to spot. The ravica text box looks to be the right shade of white.
6. Arcbound ravanger colors appear to be fixed. Beware of mint ones you see in the near future.

Hell yeah!?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I wasn't trying to "figure out" Marshall, I wanted to make sure I wasn't misrepresenting him since I brought it up.

But enough has been said.

sorry, recent events in the world have made me less then happy about trying to out people or speculation about people's gender/sexuality

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

Notable updates.

:toot:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

C-Euro posted:

Double sleeving can make your stuff last longer.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I am about to re sleeve my beta power nine.

Wish me luck.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

C-Euro posted:

The first time you spill a beverage on some double sleeved cards (which I hope is never, but these things happen), you'll know.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I actually triple sleeve, and I don't mind the size difference

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Nerds... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I keep my whole deck in PSA grading cases. Shuffling is awkward, and my hands do get tired just from holding seven cards up, but I think it's worth it over all.

• Locked thread