Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i live in texas and i guess ive never seen a privately owned gun with a lock on it

How does that photo look like a gun store though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What, you've never been to a gun store before?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

So... Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are in trouble then?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It looks a lot more like a British public toilet to me, same tiles (dark bloody piss colour to mask the splashes/pools), same wall coating (double thick textured el cheapo emulsion/fine pebble dash).

It's actually identical to the pisser that the drivers use at work, I can guarentee that my work pisser smells a darn sight better even after 15 burly truck drivers have just unloaded the previous nights donner kebab than the place that guy is posing in though. :D

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Shart "Cum Fart" Buttizen

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Space Crabs posted:

Star citizen has plenty of White Knights

Maybe what it needs now is a dark knight

*clenches fists*

Are his shoes a couple of inches longer than they need to be?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sillybones posted:

You are right. His shoes are like bending where they shouldn't.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Lladre posted:

You are right. His shoes are like bending where they shouldn't.

No, you are wrong, that is standard clown shoe bending. (He is just not very clownie)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Foo Diddley posted:

The ones I frequent have some colour and less idiots holding lovely toys

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sillybones posted:

You know what they say about big shoes?

:yarg: :gary:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
So let me the this straight. In "Fantasy Schedule 2017", CIG say this:

Persistent universe content -> Mission Givers

ON April 14th, state DUE May 12th
ON May 12th, state DUE June 2nd
ON June 2nd, state DUE June 9th
On June 9th, state DUE June 30th

Or , to put it another way, assuming you are a lazy weekdays-only employee who doesn't understand game development,

The job is 20 working days from completion.
When the due date comes up, it's 15 working days from completion.
When that due date comes up, it's 5 working days from completion.
When that due date comes up, it's 15 working days from completion.

If any part of my own work projects ran like this, I'd be looking for another job. But then, I'm a lazy weekdays-only employee who doesn't understand project delivery.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Space Crabs posted:

Star citizen has plenty of White Knights

Maybe what it needs now is a dark knight

*clenches fists*

Looks like he's on his way to a school.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So agent was right with the two weeks delay? The schedule is so loving hard to read

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
two weeks is always correct

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
lol @ when you realize Destiny was released and Destiny 2 will be out before this thing comes out of alpha. Jeeeeeesus.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

This statement "Star Citizen - by Chris Robert whom made 'Wing Commander: the movie'" is all you need to know to have stayed away from at any point putting money into this scam yet many regular posters have at some stage been financial involved.

I'll end with this one word .... Freelancer

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Foo Diddley posted:

those floor tiles are either lovely bathroom, shady old strip mall store, or school so im going to assume its a shady strip old mall store that sells guns

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's seriously like they're not even self-aware at the level of say a house cat. At least my cat has enough dignity to act embarrassed when she accidentally pisses outside her litterbox.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Titanic posted:

I can understand the other guys we're trying to role play rabbit aliens and being bad at it.

But I never understood toilet man. I mean, why? Is there really a guy(s?) out there dying to sit on the space toilet? What do they think is going to happen? A push minigame or something?

If you look closely you'll see the spaceman doesn't have pants or underwear around his ankles, as one normally does when pooping. He's cosplaying as a guy who just wanders around the ship in socks and a t-shirt. Sounds like some sort of fetish to me. Especially if that's one of those big multicrew ships.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beet Wagon posted:

At least my cat has enough dignity to act embarrassed when she accidentally pisses outside her litterbox.

That's never an accident.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It was just yesterday that this patch was coming out in "June". Now it's coming out in "July".
If it gets to Gamescom and Chris says it is coming in two weeks, citizens will be forced to reconcile that Chris is never correct and the schedule being accurate. It will be a buttered cat paradox.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 10, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tokamak posted:

It was just yesterday that this patch was coming out in "June". Now it's coming out in "July".
If it gets to Gamescom and Chris says it is coming in two weeks, citizens will be forced to reconcile that Chris is never right with the schedule. It will be a buttered cat paradox.

They've already reconciled that Chris is never right with the schedule. They've accepted that he's overly optimistic, and that it's just part of his charm. In doing so they've basically enabled him to do whatever he wants. It could not have possibly been a better outcome for Chris.

Those who get it get a refund and quit, leaving those who don't to continue to encourage Chris to do what he wants.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's never an accident.

She gets her front half in the box and then just pees with her rear end hanging out lol. I told Kelly to get one of those cool spiral boxes or at least a way bigger litterbox, but she solved the problem by just taking the top off. So now there's no pee but I occasionally have to look at cat poo poo. Kinda reminds me of the Star Citizen pledge process a bit.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Yes, but if Chris says two weeks and the schedule says two weeks, then is Chris correct (he is never correct) or is the schedule wrong (it is always updated to be correct)?

:thunk:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Good work TouchdownTim, you got an upvoted 'yikes'.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Raskolnikov posted:

You know what they say about big shoes?

:yarg: :gary:

Poor impulse control when shopping at a shoe store?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Imagine being the guy who gets banned for reposting a Derek tweet in the Derek reddit

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Mr Fronts posted:

So let me the this straight. In "Fantasy Schedule 2017", CIG say this:

Persistent universe content -> Mission Givers

ON April 14th, state DUE May 12th
ON May 12th, state DUE June 2nd
ON June 2nd, state DUE June 9th
On June 9th, state DUE June 30th

Or , to put it another way, assuming you are a lazy weekdays-only employee who doesn't understand game development,

The job is 20 working days from completion.
When the due date comes up, it's 15 working days from completion.
When that due date comes up, it's 5 working days from completion.
When that due date comes up, it's 15 working days from completion.

If any part of my own work projects ran like this, I'd be looking for another job. But then, I'm a lazy weekdays-only employee who doesn't understand project delivery.

The 2017 "schedule" is the same thing as the 2015 "game" that was released.

In late 2015, CIG had literally nothing to show except fake demos. Internally their attempts to make the game were catastrophic, but the rubber had hit the road and word was out that Chris Roberts was (still) a failure. So they released their internal experiment, "2.0", to the masses as "proof" that the game was in development. Of course this action hosed them even harder, because now instead of continuing to develop :lol: the game, they had to pretend the 2.0 release was the actual game and spent time and effort building on that, in order to keep up appearances.

The schedule we've been given is basically the exact same thing. It's completely made-up, from stem to stern, and every so often it's updated - things are pushed back, other things added/removed/renamed - just enough motion to make it look like they're keeping busy. Since the top, middle, and most of the bottom industry talent has left CIG, we're left with a group highly unlikely to release a sequel to Angry Birds, much less the BDSSE, schedule or not.

CIG is like a fake onion - no matter how many layers you peel, there's still nothing underneath.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
That's one thing I've noticed consistently with these magical updates to the progress tracker. Plenty of art assets get completed, but if you look on that list, anything technical is continuously delayed over and over, or just set as TBD. Which, in itself is telling because if you look at the positions needed from their job board, it's nothing but tech design, engineers, and mid-tier management (You know, guys with actual experience and still able to fight in the trenches).

It makes you wonder if they are just trying to delay the inevitable until they get that unicorn developer(s) who can turn this all around for them.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

nawledgelambo posted:

That's one thing I've noticed consistently with these magical updates to the progress tracker. Plenty of art assets get completed, but if you look on that list, anything technical is continuously delayed over and over, or just set as TBD. Which, in itself is telling because if you look at the positions needed from their job board, it's nothing but tech design, engineers, and mid-tier management (You know, guys with actual experience and still able to fight in the trenches).

It makes you wonder if they are just trying to delay the inevitable until they get that unicorn developer(s) who can turn this all around for them.

Your right. Most delays are due to netcode which means that their only network programmer has broken his wrists in a segway accident or some bullshit like that. Which explains this:

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs

Also:

#1: More artists mean more concept ship sales

#2: Don't need anymore marketing staff because we have Sandi and she is the best at marketing since she was 6 years old.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Beet Wagon posted:

She gets her front half in the box and then just pees with her rear end hanging out lol. I told Kelly to get one of those cool spiral boxes or at least a way bigger litterbox, but she solved the problem by just taking the top off. So now there's no pee but I occasionally have to look at cat poo poo. Kinda reminds me of the Star Citizen pledge process a bit.

my older catte has started pissing out the box. it sits in the tray but aims out and ends up pissing all over the place. what magic box is this?

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Besides the carpet that hasn't been vacuumed in 20 loving years, about the only two things in my mind left to identify is what is next to the katana on the floor and the black toy thing with red boots sitting on the shelf.

I can meet you half way
https://mrsred.com/products/robby-the-robot

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/873308771057053704

"Footage captured in engine"

So just like the homestead demo but without the dune sandworms. Also it may be just me but the footage they are releasing is gradually getting poorer in quality.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/873308771057053704

"Footage captured in engine"

So just like the homestead demo but without the dune sandworms. Also it may be just me but the footage they are releasing is gradually getting poorer in quality.

https://fat.gfycat.com/IdenticalSatisfiedKiskadee.webm

fidelity 🤔

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Also here is a PSA:

Don't play the game of taking a shot of vodka for every single thing that is delayed in SC.

i'm not feeling very well.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gradis posted:

my older catte has started pissing out the box. it sits in the tray but aims out and ends up pissing all over the place. what magic box is this?

Have you heard of the litter robot? It's like $500, but still a better spaceship than anything CR is offering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PaCFL1js0

I'd like to see a cat try to piss out of that thing.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Also here is a PSA:

Don't play the game of taking a shot of vodka for every single thing that is delayed in SC.

i'm not feeling very well.

I hope you survive!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Be sure that clip is at the ready for the day Star Citizen finally collapses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I hope you survive!