Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got both the jotunnnnnn and a ringing nail with dragonfly, rampage, and range spec helll yeah

I need one of those dragonfly mods now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

Apex and anthem are really going to hurt their player base. Division 2 will probably be dumb n bad but will definitely take some pve mains away.

Hearing lots of bad things about anthem. Maybe Div2 will be the better of the pair

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

div2 will 100% be the better game. Whether it's a good game is still to be determined.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/BKPQjpo.gifv

Lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Hearing lots of bad things about anthem. Maybe Div2 will be the better of the pair

Most of the anthem things are crashes and technical bugs. Not hearing a lot of game play complaints. I guess next week will be the kicker.

Div2 from dattos review the other day looks a lot like div1 just a lot more built in. So lots of shooting and looting but if you liked the late game div 1 it's more of that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Guy really wanted that defuse

https://i.imgur.com/mkUb7KL.gifv

Activate.. Extra Chromosomes!!

https://i.imgur.com/M6hSFVY.gifv

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure the demo killed all hype for anthem though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I'm pretty sure the demo killed all hype for anthem though.

I'm not saying it'll be a destiny killer or anything like that but if my friends list alone is anything to go off a good 50% of my PvP mates are playing Apex and at least half the people I know who play a lot of PVE are going to give it a crack.

I know it's not a huge sample size but these are guys who play destiny 3 to 5 times a week. It's a probably going to be a bit of a hit.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
People In The Know are playing Crackdown and Far Cry

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
why would you play far cry, specifically

crackdown i can at least kind of get, but... far cry?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Fart Cry

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

People In The Know are playing Crackdown and Far Cry

:chloe:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Legs Benedict posted:

why would you play far cry, specifically

crackdown i can at least kind of get, but... far cry?

The new far cry “Blood Dragon” type expansion that came out is apparently super duper dope.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Far Cry New Dawn is a direct sequel to fc5 and apparently actually really, really good.

I haven't heard anything at all about crackdown 3 which doesn't seem good but maybe it is!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Crackdown is dad-fun and far cry is p good so far

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have to say the strangest thing about Apex is that it is really good but the engagements, naturally because it’s a BR game, don’t last that long and it strangely makes me miss crucible. It’s fairly similar Ttk and gunplay but in crucible you get back into the engagements quicker. That said, Apex is really really more fun than crucible with good coms and teamwork though.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

https://youtu.be/_-qTrDNUBi4

This is some D1 levels of lag. It's actually getting very noticeable how bad this shits getting.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

This is some D1 levels of lag. It's actually getting very noticeable how bad this shits getting.

https://i.imgur.com/VXZGNA9.gifv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

https://youtu.be/_-qTrDNUBi4

lastwordshoresoftime.gif

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Anyone ever have a valor rank reset not count? I was on 4 resets, working on my fifth, finally got it tonight- reset from the director menu- and I'm still stuck at 4. WTF.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I have to say the strangest thing about Apex is that it is really good but the engagements, naturally because it’s a BR game, don’t last that long and it strangely makes me miss crucible. It’s fairly similar Ttk and gunplay but in crucible you get back into the engagements quicker. That said, Apex is really really more fun than crucible with good coms and teamwork though.

Titanfall 2 was basically D2 crucible with the Apex Legends gunplay. It also had extreme vertical mobility and giant robots and was really fun. Shame it dropped between Battlefield 1 and CoD and died.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I 100% had no idea the guy I killed second was there. I was just really slow to react to the hunter jumping through the window lol. o well thx for the Annihilation medal lmao

https://i.imgur.com/NjYCq1X.gifv

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

I got both the jotunnnnnn and a ringing nail with dragonfly, rampage, and range spec helll yeah

I need one of those dragonfly mods now.

This thing is nasty, reload is fast enough that you don't lose rampage. It's sticky on the head.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Blast Furnace dickposting was like 10 pages back bruh

2 weeks til reset, I'm guessing we get one of those 10 minute Bungo videos sometime this week.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PathAsc posted:

This thing is nasty, reload is fast enough that you don't lose rampage. It's sticky on the head.

Your gun would be objectively better if you removed the Counterbalance Mod from it!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

PathAsc posted:

I finally finished the stupid Izanami forge unlock last week and farmed up a similar Blast Furnace with kill clip instead of rampage. Running Ophidians with pulse reload with it too and everything is super snappy. I love it. It rolled Rasmussen scope too, which I really dig.

You may not want to use counterbalance mod though since it has an innate recoil direction of 65. Pushing it to 80 gives you a non-vertical recoil. What mod are people using in this thing anyway? I put a targeting adjuster in mine since I had several banked.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 18, 2019

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

TA for Blast Furnace

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I slapped an extended mag on my Furnace so it can have 64 in the clip :getin:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

Good god dude remove the CB mod immediately.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We only talked about CB on BF for like twenty pages straight, so you got no excuse son!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Incitatus posted:

I slapped an extended mag on my Furnace so it can have 64 in the clip :getin:

It's magaZINE not LeviOHsa

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I thought cb was +15 which takes it to 92. It affected my recoil direction and spread enough that controlling the thing was even easier. I'm old, help:eng99: I thought the math was bigly

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PathAsc posted:

I thought cb was +15 which takes it to 92. It affected my recoil direction and spread enough that controlling the thing was even easier. I'm old, help:eng99: I thought the math was bigly

You add it to "Recoil Direction", not Stability.

Ends in 5 = purely vertical.

BF is 65, so it's good. Adding +15 from the CB Mod puts it at 80, so it's bad.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress, that's right. Thank you I'll fix the goddamn thing, goddamn confirmation bias

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PathAsc posted:

gently caress, that's right. Thank you I'll fix the goddamn thing, goddamn confirmation bias

It's a powerful force, my friend. The archives have been lost to a freak coffee spill and also chemical fire, but legend tells that ABGD once lashed out at GoGoGadgetChris for claiming that Counterbalance Mods made some guns worse

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a powerful force, my friend. The archives have been lost to a freak coffee spill and also chemical fire, but legend tells that ABGD once lashed out at GoGoGadgetChris for claiming that Counterbalance Mods made some guns worse

Indeed, I'm just searching for my prefect roll erentil so that I may become death again.

gently caress I miss y3 fusions :bungie:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

PathAsc posted:

gently caress I miss y3 fusions :bungie:

only real ogs remember the pre nerf vendor LIGHT/Beware

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You add it to "Recoil Direction", not Stability.

Ends in 5 = purely vertical.

BF is 65, so it's good.

That's really not true though.

The wave indicates intensity in either direction. It being a 5 means it's equally intense in both directions so each shot has an equal chance of going left or right - the result is that mostly it evens out. That's why it walks up kinda oddly and in different bursts. The higher the first digit the less intense the variations on either side. 92 will still feel pretty good because low intensity on variation basically it could still kick like a mule and go up and right but it will do so more predictably.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
IDK about all that nerd poo poo but I definitely agree that 92 is Good Enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Wait destiny spergs do I want CB mod on the ringing nail? based recoil direction is 69 (lol) so the mod would make it 84