Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : leave your morals at the door (door contained in 11gb patch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

I'm back after avoiding the thread for a month .... is the game out yet ?

Also has Ben died?

Yes the pu is out and yes Ben is technically dead. If you accept the diabetes will eventually be your cause of death.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

1) went to covalex station
2) found a parked m50 there
3) blew it up and owner started firing his SMG at my ship
4) ask in chat for help, someone jumped in, in a 315P
5) had that ridiculous dogfight or should I say space jousting
6) I crashed into a station with speed of 900m/s lol and the 315P ferried the stranded player
7) I respawn went into my ship again
8) saw them trying to dock on the station, since I cannot fire..I rammed them and blew their ship..so I guess mission failed for them? lol
9) but I saw in chat how happy they were that all those things happened

MORAL OF THE STORY: Griefers/Gankers are there to make you happy, so be grateful to them

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

I'm back after avoiding the thread for a month .... is the game out yet ?

the game is finished, all promises kept, no refunds

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I uninstalled "star citizen" and re-installed Battlefield 4. Good decision on my part.

Also, wow there's a bunch of free DLC's for it now.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Look at Erin's tortured eyes and fake smile

How long is the succubus in the UK?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Seriously is there an 11gb patch ?

Are the new door mechanics immersive ?

Most games these days are less than 20gb fyi

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

spacetoaster posted:

I uninstalled "star citizen" and re-installed Battlefield 4. Good decision on my part.

Also, wow there's a bunch of free DLC's for it now.

I bought Elite because of this thread. Turns out, some information in the Star Citizen thread could be used to find a fun space game. Who knew?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fuctifino posted:

he looks terrified

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

fuctifino posted:

I'm the SandiCam that doesn't bother showing Erin.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I'm surprised she even shows up on camera....

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm the hostage reading demands by gunpoint

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LuiCypher posted:

The main reason, I think, is Derek.

Derek focuses on Sandi a lot and for good reason, because honestly she's a very weak link and there's so much that's unknown about her. With Crobber, at least you have a track record of the Wing Commander games to point at and go "yeah, they were good space sims at the time" and Freelancer to go "maybe you shouldn't let this guy scope a project". From Derek's perspective, being in the same industry and genre as Crobber means they've traveled in the same circle long enough that their reputations are known to each other.

It's also bad form to talk extreme amounts of poo poo about someone in your industry for that reason. Reputations travel. You never know when you might need someone's support. Derek did Kickstart Star Citizen in the beginning for what is probably a sizable amount based on Crobber's reputation in the genre alone.

On the other hand, Sandi is this virtual unknown in the industry who makes a lot of claims about her qualifications and her education when the only real qualifications we know about is that she's Crobber's wife and a relatively unsuccessful Hollywood actress.

She is also bad at writing emails to Beer.

She was instrumental and the primary reason that things blew up as they did in July with my refund, their failed attempts to make a media spectacle about me violating (they got caught lying) their ToS etc. Once she declared war on that one crazy sonofabitch who never saw a fight he didn't run toward, our fates were sealed. And so it was on.

Aside from that, ahead of The Escapist story, I had already heard a lot of horrible things about her. So yeah.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I bought Elite because of this thread. Turns out, some information in the Star Citizen thread could be used to find a fun space game. Who knew?

Same. Thanks Christ!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Was this ever given meaning?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

D_Smart posted:

She was instrumental and the primary reason that things blew up as they did in July with my refund, their failed attempts to make a media spectacle about me violating (they got caught lying) their ToS etc. Once she declared war on that one crazy sonofabitch who never saw a fight he didn't run toward, our fates were sealed. And so it was on.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

You need a picture with him and Professor X saying 'That's him in the wheelchair!'.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
bahahaha

edit "apocalypse and professor x same panel" is the most disappointing gis

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hav posted:

He might be talking craftworlds, in which case, yes, they're loving big. Space hulks are the remnants of 1+ wrecks that end up with poo poo infesting them, some of those hulks are pretty drat big.

The hulks also flip in and out of the Warp (home of Chaos) without Geller fields (that can protect a ship from the Warp, as long as they are working perfectly...)

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
I still can't get over the fact they created the job of "Subscription Manager" for Lesnicks wife.

If that's not enough proof that they're just making up jobs and titles for friends and family to benefit from all the money they're racking in, then I don't know what is.

What the gently caress would a subscription manager even do?

"Oh poo poo a new sub came in! Phew, it's OK guys their credit card details are valid"

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

2DCAT posted:

Same. Thanks Christ!

Third, even a 100 hours later I'm still having some fun space trucking and bounty hunting.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fuctifino posted:

https://youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8?t=539

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hav posted:

Slightly out of date as well. The Chaos gods got a loving after Bryan Ansell left the company and they started to remove the authors from the books. Slaanesh, the god of desire, temptation and all things pink was retired as 'too sexy', Khorne got promoted, Nurgle's still around, and Tzeentch, changer of the ways was given short-shrift.

I think the current 40K is for 'chaos undivided'; Fantasy got killed off.

It was a shame as well, because Fantasy had a slightly more pernicious and 'creeping horror' feel to the predations of chaos, who were coming out of the northern wastes, but also managed to tempt normal people to support it. Chaos started to come out of the cold as generic bad guy bezerkers, and then _nothin'_.

While I'm in the derail - http://www.returnofreckoning.com/ - private server for the warhammer MMO that shut down.

Awesome! Cheers. I liked WAR.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup, that's the one.

That was the Eye of Terror campaign, right?

Ah, yes. When I went to this event thing with this chaos tank made of eight baneblades and a wall. They said bring 450 points of stuff. I brought Broadsides.
The tank melted nicely. They were upset about that as well.

(Broadsides: Walking naval cannons.)

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
As I walk through my hangar on deck D of Port Olisar
I take a look at my JPEGs and realize I've gone too far
'Cause I've been griefin' and gankin' so long,
That even Lowtax thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain't never crossed a shitizen that didn't deserve it
I grief 'em as a goon and ruin they immersion
You better watch how I'm runnin' and don't walk
Anything to hear the shitlords whine and squawk
I really hate to crash but I gotta joke
As I croak, I see myself in the laser smoke, fool
I'm the kinda G the little goonies wanna be like
In the 'verse in the night sendin' spergs to their next life

Been spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Been spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Keep spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise
Keep spending most our lives, living in a griefer's paradise

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

You need a picture with him and Professor X saying 'That's him in the wheelchair!'.

Drawing it right now! :D

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daztek posted:

I've never read any of the books, grabbed me the Eisenhorn Omnibus, should be good bedtime reading :v:

You want to read Dan Abnett, Dan Abnett, and then if you are still interested Dan Abnett. I guarantee he is 100% PAAAAAAAARPfree.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 13, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder what the Citizens reaction would be to people asking for tattoos be a character customization feature.

Like do they all attribute tattoos to bullies who want to hurt them, or are they the kind of ppl who think tattoos are disgusting?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Rough version, will do more tomorrow : http://imgur.com/1GTkaml

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hav posted:

Have you read any of the Charlie Stross 'Laundry' novels?

Must reads. Real IT meets real horror from beyond by way of bureaucratic/governmental horror beyond the comprehension of man... Plus Charlie is an awesome dude.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Rough version, will do more tomorrow : http://imgur.com/1GTkaml

lol :eyepop:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

neonbregna posted:

Was this ever given meaning?

See: Bootcha's avatar text

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dapper Dan posted:

The only thing I like about 40k is the FFG RPGs. I used to run them online using Vassal 40k for the models. It was a lot of fun. I don't touch the overpriced pieces of plastic though

Oh, yeah, also Sandy Mitchell's Ciaphas Cain books are great fun (as fun as WH 40K ever gets).

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

There are no emails
In our service queue
Nothing to tie one to a ticket
And if you seek refunds
We'll just delay it for 2 weeks

You want our

JPEGS? Check.
BIRDS? Check.
INSURANCE? Check.
CUTLASS? Check.
HORNET? Check
GAMESCOM? Check.
PAX? Check.
FLOWERS? Check.

Citizen [x16]

Butt beware
For when you spawn your spaceship
Others will seek to crash into you
And they won't rest
Until you're griefed

You'll want our

PETS? Check.
TRACK-IR? Check.
LANGUAGES? Check.
DECORATIONS? Check.
WEBCASTS? Check.
SYSTEMS? Check.
MOCAP? Check.
CELEBRITIES? Check.

Out of breath, pop, and sleep
The smell of death, can't escape
Gas will cloud and drift away
Track the cause of Lesnick's fate

You're so slow they all know
What you've done, you can't run
Vengeance is the law for thee
Close the threads so no one sees

You're a hack, a has-been
Plundering the fridge again
Ate their food drank their drinks
Arms too short to wash in sinks

Now you sit, try to hide
Heart beats faster from clogged lines
Thought it was a neat idea
"Get the boss on our livestream"

Citizen [x16]

NEWS VAN? Check.
R&D? Check.
C&C? Check.
MFD? Check.
SCANNERS? Check.
GARDENS? Check.
ROBOT? Check.
TOWEL? Check.

STAR! CITIZEN! STAR! CITIZEN! [x4]

Your life was ended by chest pains. [x3]

Godamnit I can't keep up with this thread, but this is clearly murmaider.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Oh, yeah, also Sandy Mitchell's Ciaphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM! books are great fun (as fun as WH 40K ever gets).

You forgot something.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Nalin posted:

See: Bootcha's avatar text

I exclusively iPad pro post sky please paste his avatar text

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

fuctifino posted:

Erin loathes being in the spotlight. I'm genuinely a fan of him from Privateer and the fact that he and Eric Peterson went drinking with some of us before PAX East a few years ago. If I had to guess I'd say every moment he's with his brother's wife is pure hell for him, especially given the pressures to get Squadron 42 out.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

wikidd posted:

About a billion pages ago I mentioned I was taking CIG to small claims court here in the UK to get my refund. I just got notice they are defending the claim(!!); some guy called Ortwin Freyermuth, who is a director of CIG, signed off on the action. An hour of that guy's time must be worth more than the money I gave them.

Lol.

Sorry for the hassle, but good on you. If it goes well, there's a public record of CIG's jackassery then that is indisputable, unlike Imgur galleries and pastebins. (And for you, as well as the record, I hope it goes well.)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Drawing is fun for all the family: http://imgur.com/3F7UU4S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

wikidd posted:

About a billion pages ago I mentioned I was taking CIG to small claims court here in the UK to get my refund. I just got notice they are defending the claim(!!); some guy called Ortwin Freyermuth, who is a director of CIG, signed off on the action. An hour of that guy's time must be worth more than the money I gave them.

Lol.

I realize this was like ten pages ago, but it's the best possible thing that could happen to this thread. Thank you, friend.

• Locked thread