Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I should really try out mages during my tier 20 weeks. I've been neglecting them for a while. The only infantry non-holiday mage I don't have is Linde, and not sure she's that much of an upgrade over my Tailtu at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Lute is super strong but being 5* exclusive limits how useful she'll be as a core arena unit because adding merges will be so slow and unreliable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I should really try out mages during my tier 20 weeks. I've been neglecting them for a while. The only infantry non-holiday mage I don't have is Linde, and not sure she's that much of an upgrade over my Tailtu at this point.

I mean, stat-wise Linde is pretty much just a better Tailtiu (unless you really need 5 extra HP)

Tailtiu is way easier to get and merge though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have 2 4 star Tailtu if I ever want to merge, but I suspect her Drive Speed is better served on other units.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tailtiu is a good girl who's been through enough already without you also throwing her into the wood chipper for her skills

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tailtiu is still on my blademage squad until I get enough feathers to give Lute Blarblade+ so she can finish replacing her entirely

Even without her ploy poo poo she's still stronger than Tailtiu and a fantastic Res tank

I still have either 40k or 60k to dump into dragons first though so it'll be a while

(gotta actually 5* Fae and FCorrin, and then either give YTiki LB+ or replace her with a 5* ATiki)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
NYAzura supporting Cordelia using a Galeforce and the Heavy Blade Seal is hilarious

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Saw an Oboro in AA with the attack smoke seal and skill... Does that stack? She didn't have DC so I just killed her with a mage and wasn't able to test it

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Saw an Oboro in AA with the attack smoke seal and skill... Does that stack? She didn't have DC so I just killed her with a mage and wasn't able to test it

I'm pretty sure I tried this once and only got the higher value, but don't remember exactly.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Tailtiu is a good girl who's been through enough already without you also throwing her into the wood chipper for her skills
I hope that Hilda shows up an enemy-only unit as some point so I can have Tailitu 1v1 her.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I have a Lute but she has a Res Bane

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Retcon posted:

I hope that Hilda shows up an enemy-only unit as some point so I can have Tailitu 1v1 her.

Please devote your FE4 gen 2 enemy resources to an Ishtar GHB, IntSys

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Please devote your FE4 gen 2 enemy resources to an Ishtar GHB, IntSys
Sure, I'd rather have an Ishtar GHB as well. Or just about anyone from FE4/5 really, it's been almost a year and Finn still isn't in the game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Should I burn this Leo I've had for ages on QR3 for Fae?

It's inevitable that he's going to get obsoleted at some point and it won't be hard to do.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Should I burn this Leo I've had for ages on QR3 for Fae?

It's inevitable that he's going to get obsoleted at some point and it won't be hard to do.

but what if brynhildr gets a sickass upgrade at some point?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I have a +Atk Leo that I was considering giving a blade tome and death blow 3 because I'm lacking in red mages but ehhhhhh it's Leo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

I have a Lute but she has a Res Bane

Res Bane still works on 99% of the heroes, especially if you give her Fury 3.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd take a -RES Lute in a heartbeat over my -SPD/+DEF version

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

I still wish I had a Leo. I don’t think I’d ever use him, but I want one anyway just to have one.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Leo seems like a pretty good Raven tome user for horse teams

or a blade tome OHKOer I guess

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Leo's botany tome is trash. If you ever give him a blade tome and cav support though, he ascends the to the mighty heights of "good."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Andrast posted:

I'd take a -RES Lute in a heartbeat over my -SPD/+DEF version

Mine is -SPD, still wrecked in arena after giving her a swordbreaker. Double/Triple ploys are absurdly strong when it's on one character like Lute.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Andrast posted:

Leo seems like a pretty good Raven tome user for horse teams

or a blade tome OHKOer I guess

I guess his statline is pretty similar to Cecilia's. Would a Raventome TA3 Leo be able to counterkill all non-firesweep Lyns with QR3 or would he need bowbreaker

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
When Brynhildr gets an upgrade it'll be a firesweep gravity so he can wrazzle dazzle

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I guess his statline is pretty similar to Cecilia's. Would a Raventome TA3 Leo be able to counterkill all non-firesweep Lyns with QR3 or would he need bowbreaker

With a fortify cavalry a neutral Leo survives a quad from a 60 ATK Brave Bow Lyn with a luna activation

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

So, Olivia has a billion SP and I'm just now realizing I could refine her weapon

What kind of Wo Dao+ should I give her? +SPD seems the most obvious but I'm considering +DEF since I tend to group her with glass cannons so a little more tankiness wouldn't go amiss

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

loquacius posted:

So, Olivia has a billion SP and I'm just now realizing I could refine her weapon

What kind of Wo Dao+ should I give her? +SPD seems the most obvious but I'm considering +DEF since I tend to group her with glass cannons so a little more tankiness wouldn't go amiss
+SPD, not getting doubled is the best defense there is.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

cheetah7071 posted:

When Brynhildr gets an upgrade it'll be a firesweep gravity so he can wrazzle dazzle

please no

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

The only time I got to use my Merric and he couldn't even one-shot 2 of them

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Were they all +10? That would be both glorious and disturbing.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Of course they were because people really like their wives/husbands. But none of them were using guidance or anything tricky so merric and bridal Cordelia just shot them all down.

Got a 5078 in arena assault and the last map was 2 bridges with full +10 dragon emblem after I already used my fliers and Julia and Deidre which is like one of the most stressful things I can think of

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Even if they got cute with CA and Iote's Shield or something, this team has no armor counter (it does have a cav counter though, very nice)

Gotta give one of the Catrias a heavy lance

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

loquacius posted:

Even if they got cute with CA and Iote's Shield or something, this team has no armor counter (it does have a cav counter though, very nice)

Gotta give one of the Catrias a heavy lance

The Firesweep one would probably do fine plinking away at armor provided that the other clones could assist with positioning. Wouldn’t be ideal, but hey.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Roger Explosion posted:

Leo's botany tome is trash. If you ever give him a blade tome and cav support though, he ascends the to the mighty heights of "good."

I assume he'd be a scary way to hinder normal bowlyn counters on a defense team. But I haven't seen a Leo in ages. I also haven't seen any HB-miracle Reinhardts either, but I assume people are working on them.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Decided to pull on the banner again got Alm.

That was a complete waste of 100 orbs.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Can reinhardt run guard because guard hb miracle rein would be lol as gently caress

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Can reinhardt run guard because guard hb miracle rein would be lol as gently caress

He totally can, but Guard 3 is a 5* only skill for some reason (see shield pulse and other silly rare skills). So you won't see guard 2 hb miracle reins if your team scores high enough.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

golden bubble posted:

He totally can, but Guard 3 is a 5* only skill for some reason (see shield pulse and other silly rare skills). So you won't see guard 2 hb miracle reins if your team scores high enough.

two 4*s can get guard so that isnt rly an obstacle. miracle guard hb rein is dang near impossible to counterkill which is nuts

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

You lose qp Moonbow burst for when you control though, and once your team starts scoring high enough defense wins are not a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Elyv posted:

You lose qp Moonbow burst for when you control though, and once your team starts scoring high enough defense wins are not a big deal

My defense team scores high 680s-low 690s for the advanced option, and I still have issues getting defense wins. Do you need a multi-merged defense team to get reliable defense wins?